What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding weed in Hawaii

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
^Probably get a lighter bag?

The 8th I bought might have been 2 grams...

Whatever.... I laughed at dude, and told him to give me two of em.

Can't complain much about the price, when vacationing in Hawaii... Everything is expensive.

SKAGITMAGIC

I did alot of fishing off the shore, all the fisherman used helper. I took my own but traded some and got turned on alot, fisherman are super friendly, We took seeds and traded some of them, made some good contacts, but seriously, the locals seemed to want to sample something different as much as i did, take a couple of different samples,it will make a difference, it really tore down some walls. My Mrs. is portugese and she really fit in, can't wait to go back.

R

rick shaw

As an Oahu ex-pat the best advice would be to ask the cab drivers. I used to drive pedicab in Waikiki,we were the go to guys.Pedicabs have been banned.
On the street in Waikiki there are a lot of hustlers,some do a switch a roo and you wind up with buds made up with oregano and elmers.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As an Oahu ex-pat the best advice would be to ask the cab drivers. I used to drive pedicab in Waikiki,we were the go to guys.Pedicabs have been banned.
On the street in Waikiki there are a lot of hustlers,some do a switch a roo and you wind up with buds made up with oregano and elmers.

Rick, that's exactly what happened to me in Waikiki the first time I bought on the street. But this was fresh oregano (complete with serrated leaves), made into a bud with rubber cement. The packet was sealed. As soon as I opened it I knew I'd been scammed.

M

Milhouse

About 5 years ago, while my g/f and I were there, We scored a hookup on the big island but the kids were from Honolulu, so a few days later when we went to Honolulu we called them and they hooked us up!!! It was some really good shit!! This guy we met seemed like he dealt with alot of weed and he was SUPER nice!! He actually made us a care package with papers and a lighter, it was great! I will never forget that story as long as i live!!

We actually scored it by sitting outside a PacSun on the big island and just scoping customers. When these two guys walked out, we walked up to them and simply asked. It ended up working out great!! I think the only reason it really worked was because my gf was super hot!!!!

Love2herb

If you guys do get a chance to taste real island grown weed its no ka oi! [The best]. If you find on oahu its probably not grown there. A lot of it comes from elsewhere. The other islands will offer a lot more of the island strains such as kauai electric, puna budder, kona gold, maui wowie and molokai frost . I have ohana[family] in the islands.

fedor420

International Market place, or go over the Like Like Highway to Kahnoe or Kaliua. its on the windward side of the island. If I remember correctly that highway is the H1 on a map.

Going to Kahnoe on H1 you will come to a left hand turn where the Drive In theatre is. Go to a place called the tree. Just stop and ask a local at the 7-11. Its a popular hang out with the locals. Lots of surfer kids. The wont be hooked up on meth yet and you will not get ripped off.

aloha,

lol i have yet to try kaneohe (i'm in kailua), i know a few people here and the quality is pretty good (from santa cruz cali lol),
what i don't like on windward side, well at least kailua is that the prices are OUTRAGEOUS!!

the best u can find it town is 50/eighth (if ur lucky, generally 60) and people try to even charge up to 400 an oz lol.
basically i cut back my smoking habits a bunch since leaving santa cruz.

honolulu has more of a chance of getting ripped off or not as good quality, but it's there and it's cheaper than kailua.
can get 280-340 ounces there and is 40-50 an eighth. basically just look around and if ur picky, ur in for one hell of a search.

i only buy og kush back home and usually sample other stuff... i have yet to find any kush out here other than a bubba kush hybrid and an afpack landrace.

mahalo

fedor420

If you guys do get a chance to taste real island grown weed its no ka oi! [The best]. If you find on oahu its probably not grown there. A lot of it comes from elsewhere. The other islands will offer a lot more of the island strains such as kauai electric, puna budder, kona gold, maui wowie and molokai frost . I have ohana[family] in the islands.

i fully agree man... on oahu i have only found maui and molokai frost... loved them both, super heady sativa's that almost give u an indica fade...

on maui and big island is a WHOLE different story...too many chumps in oahu paying 400 an ounce to get the good stuff all the time unless u know the right people.

fedor420

2bv9c0.jpg

this is what i bring to hawaii everytime i visit ;)
sfv OG Kush compliments of the best growers in the world, california.

vta

Veteran
Great info fedor420! Here is some stuff I got in Kauai this summer. The pic sucks but it was pretty good stuff. They sell it for $60 1/8 but I paid $200 for an ounce from a fellow grower.

picture.php

And here is some stuff I got during last years vacation...not as good but did the job just fine.

picture.php

We'll see what next year brings...

fedor420

vta - 60 an eighth is what they typically try to sell their eighths for...
200 a zip is almost unheard of out here unless its my friend from california living on the north shore during winter haha.

i've always wanted to go to kauai

M

mowyowdew

vta - 60 an eighth is what they typically try to sell their eighths for...
200 a zip is almost unheard of out here unless its my friend from california living on the north shore during winter haha.

i've always wanted to go to kauai

Fedor, I browsed this thread while I was there on vacation in December. I was on the windward side (got family in Kailua) but ventured down to Waikiki to score. Super hard since everyone down there looked sketch but it paid off would have rather scored in town but Kailua didnt seem to have many hot spots.

- Aloha

Maina

Veteran
AAAHHHHHHHHHH HAD A DUMB ASS friend pay 450 Z on the island he showed me it it was cali. blue dream dip shit:moon:

Mo-420

Looking For Some

Looking For Some

Hey all. Me and my wife are planning a trip to Oahu. I lived there for 10 years before, when I was a teen. GOOD TIMES.. But know I cant remember where my school friends live. So, my question is, Is it still easy to find good smoke? Do you guys really call it corn? Mahalo

paleshadoe

Aloha!!
I'll be traveling for my first trip to kauai in april this year! I'm so excited. I've flown with green before, but seattle has the full body scanners, and it just feels to risky. How's the poipu beach area for scoring an 8th on vacation? Best to try the beaches, or the shopping area's? Any tips much appreciated, about the area or how to get connected. thanks, Mahalo!!

IslandGrown

I'm growing up in the mountains on oahu brah if you ever come here. Anybody else on Oahu growin or sellin hit me up. I'm tired of all these guys from Maui and big island killin us.

Politely Stoned

Hey Island Grown, I am going to be visiting Oahu for ten days starting December 30th, would love to meet if possible. Please send me a PM, I tried to write you but the site won't let me. Peace.

Louisiana Cat

I'm growing up in the mountains on oahu brah if you ever come here. Anybody else on Oahu growin or sellin hit me up. I'm tired of all these guys from Maui and big island killin us.

Island Grown, I'll be spending the first week of June in Hauula, HI...hit me up with a PM and we can meet up.