What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding weed in Hawaii

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That sounds extremely sketchy, especially for post one from new guy.:laughing:

EDIT- Being from Canada does NOT sound sketchy, one of the mods removed the post to which I was referring.

vta

Veteran
picture.php

Easy7

Veteran
I have had good luck traveling and being hooked up through the homeless population. Never been ripped by these people. Even fronted on a couple occasions. I guess if they rip you off it's a tax write off, donation.

Have gotten good bud in Oregon and doses in norcal. If it's a bus stop or something, I'd be sketched. If your in their camp or somewhere they hang, it's all good.

I did have some dude come up to me in Chicago at the station. He gives me a nug and acts like he was laying some liquid. I gave him his hudtle just to leave me alone. Had a grand and gave him 20. Saved me 980. All the while some bro selling shrooms and good herb I ran into later. Wasn't look'n myself being interstate traveling and all that.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I have had good luck traveling and being hooked up through the homeless population. Never been ripped by these people. Even fronted on a couple occasions. I guess if they rip you off it's a tax write off, donation.

Have gotten good bud in Oregon and doses in norcal. If it's a bus stop or something, I'd be sketched. If your in their camp or somewhere they hang, it's all good.

I did have some dude come up to me in Chicago at the station. He gives me a nug and acts like he was laying some liquid. I gave him his hudtle just to leave me alone. Had a grand and gave him 20. Saved me 980. All the while some bro selling shrooms and good herb I ran into later. Wasn't look'n myself being interstate traveling and all that.

I would strongly not recommend asking the homeless population in Hawaii for herb and definitely don't go strolling into their camps uninvited.

Safest bet is probably asking some locals at the beach. Don't make it the first thing you ask someone. Probably make it a lot easier if you offer up some cold beers and some fresh Poke and just shoot the shit with some cool folks for a little while before casually asking about it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I would strongly not recommend asking the homeless population in Hawaii for herb and definitely don't go strolling into their camps uninvited.

Wise words. Instead ask somebody that looks cool. It's not that big a deal in HI, but I would NOT stroll into a homeless camp, at least in Honolulu.

Easy7

Veteran
How are the homeless different on the Island than the mainland? Not saying drive your BMW into the camp and start waving around $100 bills.

positivity

Veteran
Da dakine stay ova by da dakine, dakine gettum
But fo reals, until go rec mo betta you cross yo fingahs and hope you meet some nice people. Not dat hard, concerts generally have a cloud over them especially the rasta variety

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
How are the homeless different on the Island than the mainland? Not saying drive your BMW into the camp and start waving around $100 bills.

I'm not saying this about ALL homeless people in Hawaii, but many are kind of 'professional homeless'. They were homeless in Chicago or Milwaukee and made a decision to come to Hawaii to leech off its hospitality.

Also, and this is definitely not exclusive to HI, there's quite a bit of meth heads among the homeless in HI.

Easy7

Veteran
A lot of meth heads in norcal as well. The only place I have ever seen a bag of meth on the ground, in arcata.

If they are twitchy and always asking for a smoke and threatening if not complied, probably a tweaker.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I just think the odds of getting robbed is much higher than your chances of finding good herb in a homeless camp. The camps in my area are known to be patrolled by punks with guns and there is a lot of criminal activity like stripping stolen cars and whatnot.

Its not all like that, though. There are people with full time jobs living on the street because the cost of living is so high.

Del_9_THC

I'm not saying this about ALL homeless people in Hawaii, but many are kind of 'professional homeless'. They were homeless in Chicago or Milwaukee and made a decision to come to Hawaii to leech off its hospitlaity.

I think I am going to have to call bullpucky on this one!....I mean how does a homeless person in, say, Chicago, scrape up the cash to get a flight to Hawaii, especially if they are addicted to meth?....On top of their daily costs of meth....they can set aside money for airline tickets?...really?....where do they keep the money?.....not many homeless folks have bank accounts. (I can imagine how happy a family of tourists would be when little Timmy has to sit beside a methhead hobo on the flight over :) )

I think the reality is that much of that Hawaiian homeless population came over from the mainland looking for jobs and what they thought might be an interesting life in Hawaii, but either lost their jobs or had little luck in finding work. Then, when their funds run out, they are on the street. Perhaps they became addicted to meth whilst living in Hawaii, then became homeless as a result?......This may not be correct, but it is much more plausible than the "hobos on vacation" idea you posited.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Del, I never said a damn thing about meth heads. Obviously if someone is already fucked up on that shit, their odds of getting together a one way trip to Hawaii are slim.

Your scenario about coming over to find a job, and then becoming homeless is of course quite common- it happens in New Orleans all the time.

I prefaced my statement by saying not ALL homeless people- maybe it is a small percentage, but professional homelessness IS a thing.

I think I am going to have to call bullpucky on this one!....I mean how does a homeless person in, say, Chicago, scrape up the cash to get a flight to Hawaii, especially if they are addicted to meth?....On top of their daily costs of meth....they can set aside money for airline tickets?...really?....where do they keep the money?.....not many homeless folks have bank accounts. (I can imagine how happy a family of tourists would be when little Timmy has to sit beside a methhead hobo on the flight over :) )

I think the reality is that much of that Hawaiian homeless population came over from the mainland looking for jobs and what they thought might be an interesting life in Hawaii, but either lost their jobs or had little luck in finding work. Then, when their funds run out, they are on the street. Perhaps they became addicted to meth whilst living in Hawaii, then became homeless as a result?......This may not be correct, but it is much more plausible than the "hobos on vacation" idea you posited.

I don't know about "professional homeless", but there are plenty of low income people that come over here with little money planning on hanging out on the beach drinking Coronas under a palm tree in a hammock (or something like that) and then the jump from low income to homeless is pretty short.

If you want to make it here without connections I suggest you have a GOOD job lined up and bring at least 6-12 months worth of living expenses. It's amazing how much cash one can go through getting established here. When we moved back here from the mainland I spent a ton of money between moving and getting reestablished and I have plenty of connections here.

vta

Veteran
Decent outdoor this time. Nice high, no seeds...and cheap! $100 1/2 oz is not bad while on vacation.

picture.php

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nice :) you pretty much got the right price for just flying in. Enjoy, Kaua`i is sooo beautiful, if i wasn't from where i'm at, i wouldn't mind being from there :D aloha!!