What's new

Finding the "keeper phenos"

Phillis

Hi guys. I recently crossed a male pineapple trainwreck f3 with a female truffula tree f2. The seeds resulted in 2 good plants, one that taste like white jelly bellies and smells like vanilla. The other is still drying and smells of sour grapes and is way stickier. I crossed these with a fellow male(inbred). I am wondering about these resulting seeds. Are they f2's? Will the pineapple trainwreck dominate flavor profiles?

The breeders have truffula tree as a cross between 3 plants and the pineapple as a cross between 3 plants. How does one cross three plants as if its a three way?

Hi guys. I recently crossed a male pineapple trainwreck f3 with a female truffula tree f2. The seeds resulted in 2 good plants, one that taste like white jelly bellies and smells like vanilla. The other is still drying and smells of sour grapes and is way stickier. I crossed these with a fellow male(inbred). I am wondering about these resulting seeds. Are they f2's? Will the pineapple trainwreck dominate flavor profiles?

The breeders have truffula tree as a cross between 3 plants and the pineapple as a cross between 3 plants. How does one cross three plants as if its a three way?
If the male is from the same cross then the resultant seeds are F2, otherwise F1 if unrelated.

The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pineapple trainwreck will only dominate the flavor profile if it is a dominant trait and was present in one of the parents, which doesn't seem to be the case from your descriptions of the female parents at least?

I'm not sure what you are asking in your last question? Crossing three different plants (or varieties) together is straightforward but results in an uneven genetic proportion (50%, 25%, 25%) unless a more complicated series of crosses are undertaken.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Cork144

lol just popped into this forum to see an old topic of mine first page, ahh the days before the crazy ex lol

Latest posts

Latest posts