What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finally Legal to Grow... Seeking Elite Clones (USA)

Dutchland

Big facts! You trying to let any of those packs go? Get at me…

-DD
As my reply to OJD states, those seeds were improperly stored while I was incarcerate for growing... my little brother took them out of cold storage and I guess exposed them to extreme heat. It's a crying shame

EnjoyingLife

As my reply to OJD states, those seeds were improperly stored while I was incarcerate for growing... my little brother took them out of cold storage and I guess exposed them to extreme heat. It's a crying shame
You may still want to try. If not, I'll happily take them off your hands... 🙃😁

Dutchland

True, assuming rarely turns out well.
I think I'd kick my brother in his nuts if he did that...
Sheesh, I am still pissed, more at the situation... but I love my brother to death, so I don't hold a grudge. Worse thing was he never apologized, and couldn't remember where he had the jar for years that ruined them. He knew how important they where to me. I invested over $5k for them, and they were worth waaay more. I only got to run a couple before hand... Sour Bubble, Boggle Gum, Apollo 11 (F2's), Strawberry Diesel and 1 Pack of the Casey Jones. It is possible the rice I had stored in the vials is what ruined them... maybe it absorbed the moisture/life out of the seeds.
Can't tell by the pics, but I put rice inside the vials too... big mistake. I am told I should've heated the rice prior

Attachments

• Seeds3.jpg
    Seeds3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Seeds2.jpg
    Seeds2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 23

HalfArsedFarmer

I've used plagron seed booster in the past on 15 year old beans that came out of a shed and got some to crack.

There are multiple ways to help them along, scuffing with sand paper and the likes....

I'd keep trying Dutch.

Dutchland

I've used plagron seed booster in the past on 15 year old beans that came out of a shed and got some to crack.

There are multiple ways to help them along, scuffing with sand paper and the likes....

I'd keep trying Dutch.
I did try scuffing... nothing... all gone years ago
I have better techniques now, and I've moved on to bigger and better things 🤙

EnjoyingLife

Sheesh, I am still pissed, more at the situation... but I love my brother to death, so I don't hold a grudge. Worse thing was he never apologized, and couldn't remember where he had the jar for years that ruined them. He knew how important they where to me. I invested over $5k for them, and they were worth waaay more. I only got to run a couple before hand... Sour Bubble, Boggle Gum, Apollo 11 (F2's), Strawberry Diesel and 1 Pack of the Casey Jones. It is possible the rice I had stored in the vials is what ruined them... maybe it absorbed the moisture/life out of the seeds.
Can't tell by the pics, but I put rice inside the vials too... big mistake. I am told I should've heated the rice prior
I have idea how to store seeds past the fridge. However, I may look in all the packs and remove any rice or desiccant.
I'm glad you were able to move past the outcome with your brother.
I'm working on my stuff with my brother but with what he put me through as a child it's really hard.
That chocolope from DNA caught my eye along with sssdh.
I wish you luck in your clone journey!

Dutchland

I have idea how to store seeds past the fridge. However, I may look in all the packs and remove any rice or desiccant.
I'm glad you were able to move past the outcome with your brother.
I'm working on my stuff with my brother but with what he put me through as a child it's really hard.
That chocolope from DNA caught my eye along with sssdh.
I wish you luck in your clone journey!
Sorry to hear that... I totally understand. The brother I was referring to is 11 yrs younger than me, so the dynamics are different... however I have an older brother who tormented the hell out of me. I was careful not to perpetuate that vicious cycle with my younger bro.
Yeah, the Chocolope and Romulan were hard to come by, even back then.
If I remember correctly neither germinated even when I first got them.
I had some "Chocolate Thai" waaaay back in the early 90's, and it was amazingly potent and smelled like Chocolate World at Hershey Park 😍 Bong rips got me so high my head started spinning and I threw up...🤢 first and last time that ever happened to me.
I was hoping the Chocolope would bare some resemblance... guess I'll never know 🤔

EnjoyingLife

Sorry to hear that... I totally understand. The brother I was referring to is 11 yrs younger than me, so the dynamics are different... however I have an older brother who tormented the hell out of me. I was careful not to perpetuate that vicious cycle with my younger bro.
I had some "Chocolate Thai" waaaay back in the early 90's, and it was amazingly potent and smelled like Chocolate World at Hershey Park 😍 Bong rips got me so high my head started spinning and I threw up...🤢 first and last time that ever happened to me.
I was hoping the Chocolope would bare some resemblance... guess I'll never know 🤔
My brother is 9 years older, different dad's and my dad was probs the reason why my brother treated me the way he did. Sibling rivalry on a whole different level is the easiest explanation.
I'm glad you were aware enough to not put your younger brother through it!
Damn, that sucks they didn't germ when you first got them.
Idk if I've ever been high enough to throw up. Head spinning yes.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
You'd be surprised germing old seeds...What worked for me was a combination of things...Quick soak and stir in bleach solution with wetting agent, then rinse, then dilute peroxide dunk, then rinse...not skuffing seeds (those all rotted), placing seeds carefully into 50/50 of fresh living earthworm castings (no worms!!) and a mix of coir/vermiculite..and placing in an incubator set at about 25 degrees I think, not warmer than 27...and being patient and checking everyday for those needing potting up as in the dark..I made an incubator out of a polystyrene fish box and a clone heat mat with thermostat. I got a bunch of old beans to pop, including OJD's and old original release SSSDH and some 90's beans, that were all stored in crap conditions for years, or stored properly by Gypsey and then lost in the post for 6 months over the hottest summer on record.

Lots did not germinate though but a bunch did. I saved of each, still in the fridge. What you must do for the ones you have no luck with is save them for one day in vitro germination, thats where your best bet lies for the old old ones...also be aware of viral/viroid diseases, rife in clones, and will occur in old seed, and especially on seed coating, so bleaching seeds (and rinsing) prior to planting and watering seedlings without a common drain table, and keeping roots separate etc..be aware..less is more these days when it comes to keeping and getting genetics..lots is sick without anyone knowing better, and just being passed around and been like that for a long time so seeds take precaution.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
If you still got original chocolope beans save them for invitro germination. I got later releases and it was not the same, the first regulars release, not the fem..that was the killer, still some of the best weed I ever grew. Its not very chocolatey though, its a cindy99 x durban thai high flyer, and the cindy is quite C5 dominant, and added in thai and durban terps make it one of the best mostly sativa hybrids you will ever find, the chocolate phenos you'd cull out the originals, and the others would be sweet and sour mangos and papayas and all sorts of tropical fruits with this exotic fruity sweetness that was hard to beat and quite unique. The high was up and happy and of the where did I leave my car keys, oh fuck where did I leave my car, what was I doing again calibre..and done in 8 weeks and ooodles of bag appeal with lime green buds and orange hairs dripping with resin in a long dense sativa bud with stacks of fat calyx's. Absolute stellar weed that set me on a 10yr trip to find the grandparent lines responsible for it..as I could never get it back again once I lost it, no clone or seed of later release was ever the same as the magic original regulars.

Dutchland

If you still got original chocolope beans save them for invitro germination. I got later releases and it was not the same, the first regulars release, not the fem..that was the killer, still some of the best weed I ever grew. Its not very chocolatey though, its a cindy99 x durban thai high flyer, and the cindy is quite C5 dominant, and added in thai and durban terps make it one of the best mostly sativa hybrids you will ever find, the chocolate phenos you'd cull out the originals, and the others would be sweet and sour mangos and papayas and all sorts of tropical fruits with this exotic fruity sweetness that was hard to beat and quite unique. The high was up and happy and of the where did I leave my car keys, oh fuck where did I leave my car, what was I doing again calibre..and done in 8 weeks and ooodles of bag appeal with lime green buds and orange hairs dripping with resin in a long dense sativa bud with stacks of fat calyx's. Absolute stellar weed that set me on a 10yr trip to find the grandparent lines responsible for it..as I could never get it back again once I lost it, no clone or seed of later release was ever the same as the magic original regulars.
I forgot all about that... Many knowledgeable growers were swearing she was actually C99 or a hybrid of her.
I believe DNA once advertised here and then got banned. I heard the re-naming was part of the reason, but I am sure there is more to that story

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah apparently was a "borrowed" Bro's grimm creation, without giving due credit. Which is kind of what they do, and most of the seed makers out there..LOL Of the best weed I ever smoked, the best weed I have ever smoked was from outcrossing her.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah bit off topic..but on Chocolope, I grew cindy back in the day, and also have some hybrid seeds of care of a member here, that is completely cindy delectable, and I've grown out the chemflyer from Skunk_va which is chem'91 x DTHF (old super sativa seed clubs' Durban Thai High Flyer) and from the terps dominant in the DTHF from the chemflyer, and from the form, and the terps and form of the cindy, putting the two together, terps, form and flowering time, would result in something that is exactly spot on what the original chocolope was like, so I do not doubt that lineage backstory whatsoever. To me, knowing what the cindy and the DTHF bring to the table, I accept that story 100% as the origins of the D-line aka chocolope.

Lifeoffrost

IMO clones and seedlings are considered hemp since they are under the .03% THC until flower.
I have seedlings of;
Blissful Wizards -CookieMaine's
Dosidos #22s -Archive's
Rainbow Belts 1.0 -Archive's
Valley Girl (SFV x F/O) Archive's (I'd like to use a VG male to cross with SFV or BTY)
Bubba Kush S1 (Bag seed I found)
Black & Blissful (Black Chem x B-Wiz #32) Manifest Destiny's
^^Which is where the breeding projects come in^^
So I'll be willing to bless anyone who blesses me back, once I finding the best phenos... but like I said, with only 4 at a time in flower it'll take a while.
I currently have 2 Blissful Wizard females and 2 males in flower to make F2s
Did you ever make the blissful wizard f2s?

Latest posts

Latest posts