What's new

Finally did it :)

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
b00m ya gotta keep them flyin pigs at bay :peek:
What are you getting for smells on a stem rub dan ?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not good at smell descriptions but i'll get in there & try tomorrow when snappin pics :)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evenin everyone :wave:

sorry gonna keep this short & sweet ... this time cuz i just did a whole LONG post & 20 minutes later & it didn't load , so i have to redo it . :wallbash:

The girls are lookin great .... i have to say ... i'm really impressed with them so far
they're @ 40 days today .
short intro to the pics ...
i took some veg shots of the 9 ladys going in next .
DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

a couple clones put into the mom box for later ....
DSC00800.jpg

#9 the shorter whiter haired lady
DSC00803.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

#1 the taller golden haired lady ...

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

& a few tent pics the last 2 pics are of the other side of the tent with 6 B8 girls (Bee's ) 1 week behind in flowering from the DG girls .

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

The Bee's
DSC00815.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

posted by Galahad
What are you getting for smells on a stem rub dan ?
As i said ... i'm not rrally good at describing smells but the taller one has a household cleaner smell that i've smelled before & the shorter one smells sweeter .... not sure if a fruity smell but sweet .
:dunno:

I hope this loads this time ... thats frackin aggrevating :wallbash:

well guys ... thanx for lookin in & i'll see ya soon :wave: :thank you:

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep,still sticking by one ogre and one d'rella! looking good,almost time for me to lug my girls out for pics!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm with unc. my fave is the lemon pledge smellin 1 :D maybe got a bit of funky fruit in the other ?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx for lookin in guys :wave:

Lemon pledge .... thats it :jump:
I knew i knew that smell :)

I've changed all my nutes Galahad , i was having problems with nutes clogging my blumat drippers so i grabbed the GH micro & bloom hoping for a clean as possible nute mixture . sense then i've pulled the drippers & rez & am hand feeding till summer then i'll hook them back up . the rez is in a bad spot & just gets to cold for my liking ... i've used an aquarium heater but wasn't good enough to keep the rez warm . went with heads recipe of 6/9 micro & bloom with a dash of epsom salts . & i am using hydroplex for a bloom booster cuz its cleaner & has a few beneficials like vitamins & Amino acids . the maxi & KB powders would seperate & gather at the bottom of the rez even if i mixed them in really hot water . so i switched to GH .
I gave them their first feed thursday night of 9ml bloom ,5ml hydroplex & 3ml protekt . i gave them 5ml of hydroplex & it burned the leaf tips slightly so my next feed was PH'ed tap water with no nutes & tonight they'll get fed with the bloom protekt & hydroplex again but i'll cut the dosage of HP back to 3ml instead of 5ml per gallon .

these blumat drippers work great but the cold water in the rez just really screws up any nute mix that sits for a few days . i don't want to add another electrical device (heater ) till i see how much the 600's & another 400 watter raise my bill . i'm going from 1200 watts of light to 1750 in the next couple weeks plus fans & stuff . so i wanna see what that does first .

so you guys think that the taller one , the golden colored lemon pledge smelling girl is my D'rella & the shorter sweeter smelling girl is an oger ? thats kinda my thinkin too , but i've never ran them before ... you guys have . i do know the taller one is a much hardier plant , she roots faster , grows faster & is just a no brainer to grow .

thanx guys :wave: :thank you:

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If she smells like lemon pledge you got a D. Looks more sativa than the one I had but that smell sure sounds right.
I don't think I ever really knew what a couple of my mix girls were but once I smoked and tasted them I just didn't care anymore. It all stayed in the family so I didn't have to worry about the "marketing".
I would say out of my five I had one D, two swt99 and two undecided. Out of the two undecided, one reaked of straight pineapple so that was no help and the other couldve went oger or D. Like I said though, when you're smoking it didn't matter any more what the he'll they were.
That said, I hope we can ID the shorter one for ya.
Looking great dans!!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx for that 3rd :)

even Unc said the D'rella was leanin towards the SD side cuz of the long fan stems & fans the size of dinner plates :)
without a doubt i'm gonna love whatever they are but my curiosity gets the best of me ..... ever sense i started growing , its like i gotta know her name & what shes made of . :dunno:

again , thanx 3rd :wave: :thank you:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
we've been saying how my #1 is probably the dieselrella cuz of the smell & its growth structure leaning towards the sour diesel side . i went back in my albums to look at one of my sour diesel grows & want you guys to see what I noticed . these 2 plants are damn near identical .

this is the D'rella

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

this is my Sour D grown 2 years ago

camperpics036.jpg

camperpics034.jpg

camperpics033.jpg

Maybe i'm just stoned but they look damn close to me . :)

Hmmmm i wonder if it'll go to 80 days like the SD did ?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ECSD & the NYSD can't be that different in growth ....can they ? :dunno:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afternoon everyone :wave:

Finally ordered my 600's :dance013:
found alot of pretty good deals online for ballasts & after weeding out the cheap chinese crap it was down to 3 . Lumitek, hydrofarm phantoms or Quantum ballasts , Have been using Lumiteks for the last 2 years with 0 problems & was seriously considering them again cuz i like the super lumens feature . but found a really good deal on 2 quantums , so I bought them :jump:
269$ delivered to the door in less than a week . not bad huh :)
my over priced hydro shop finally gave me a good deal on horilux bulbs @ $100 a piece so i grabbed them too .
next month I'll grab the hydrofarm hoods (radiant 6's ) , can't swing it this month but my cooltubes will do for now .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-QUANTUM-6...225?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b8ec4b61

Day 44 for the girls :dance013:
They're lookin fat & tastey
the 9 in veg will go in around the 1st with 600 watts of light beamin down on them :)
& the 2 Dg girls will go back into the veg room with one of the 400 watt ballasts & a brand new ushio bulb over them till they finish .
wanna see if theres much of a difference in bulbs cuz the ushio's are a little cheaper .

:wave: :thank you:

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ECSD & the NYSD can't be that different in growth ....can they ? :dunno:
yes they can....somas nycd isnt from the chem family at all,completely different gene pool....keep in mind the parent of d'rella is a new york city diesel,not sour diesel or ecsd,or any of those variants,most folks would say its not diesel-ish at all..

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes they can....somas nycd isnt from the chem family at all,completely different gene pool....keep in mind the parent of d'rella is a new york city diesel,not sour diesel or ecsd,or any of those variants,most folks would say its not diesel-ish at all..
oh ok cool ., I haven't grown a ton of strains like you guys so my knowledge is kinda limited . appreciate the info Unc . another lesson learned @ IC mag :)

I'm not 100% sure which diesel i have as far as name goes but i do know its from the original dead heads from Mass & NY that came up with the SD cross . its part of the strains that make up my Biesel . GWS x SSH x SD the only one i haven't gotten from these seeds i got from these guys is the GWS & i still have about 50 seeds to go through to find it .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh ok cool ., I haven't grown a ton of strains like you guys so my knowledge is kinda limited . appreciate the info Unc . another lesson learned @ IC mag :)

I'm not 100% sure which diesel i have as far as name goes but i do know its from the original dead heads from Mass & NY that came up with the SD cross . its part of the strains that make up my Biesel . GWS x SSH x SD the only one i haven't gotten from these seeds i got from these guys is the GWS & i still have about 50 seeds to go through to find it .

this is one of those rare case where i have actually gotten to sample some of somas diesel in amsterdam,grown by soma himself,and having gotten to smoke many of the diesel/chem line by equally talented growers and i can tell you they are nothing alike.
and if i recall my DG history correctly she got the cut she used to make d'rella from soma,or it was the one he was growing when DG worked with him.i apparently only missed by a year meeting DG herself as she would have been at my favorite coffeeshop that i spent most of my smoking time at in the 'dam...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey dansbuds, I've been growing the ECSD clone for a few years and from what I see in those pics of your SD it looks to me to be ECSD.

Thanx man .... i had a feeling she was :)

this is one of those rare case where i have actually gotten to sample some of somas diesel in amsterdam,grown by soma himself,and having gotten to smoke many of the diesel/chem line by equally talented growers and i can tell you they are nothing alike.
and if i recall my DG history correctly she got the cut she used to make d'rella from soma,or it was the one he was growing when DG worked with him.i apparently only missed by a year meeting DG herself as she would have been at my favorite coffeeshop that i spent most of my smoking time at in the 'dam...

Cool story Unc :good:

I was just lookin at Dramamine's grow of the NYCD , its nothing like mine .... the buds on it even look indica ish , denser & tighter .
Very nice lookin plant too though :) i can see why DG picked it as a parent .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the d'rella i picked as my keeper had some seriously dense ass buds on it,all the phenos did....crap...now i want to pop those as well,and the ogre is some serious dank as well....
thats one problem with DG's strains...i want all of the ones i have grown so far going right now!!

Latest posts

Latest posts