What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finally a way to make pure Sativas flower in Summer!!

Mudballs2.0

Are you guys reading that linked study of romans? Fascinating...and i already knew some shit.
Accordingly, in order to serve its role in flowering, florigen may reach the primary apex only once in a lifetime, within a narrow time window. Such an initial day-length signal is mostly sufficient to activate flowering in lateral shoots (Corbesier et al., 1996).
i think this is saying if we dont time the cutting correctly we may not be getting maximum florigen from the grafted branch/leaf. You could top the plant and miss the florigen?

Cerathule

Are you guys reading that linked study of romans? Fascinating...and i already knew some shit.
Accordingly, in order to serve its role in flowering, florigen may reach the primary apex only once in a lifetime, within a narrow time window. Such an initial day-length signal is mostly sufficient to activate flowering in lateral shoots (Corbesier et al., 1996).
i think this is saying if we dont time the cutting correctly we may not be getting maximum florigen from the grafted branch/leaf. You could top the plant and miss the florigen?
The florigen is continously build up within that grafted stalk (that possesses the autonomous flowering pathway). As long as it stays functional it should permanently keep the SAMs into flowering mode. But leaves get old and it's just very little florigen. Usually all leaves contribute to this... Try it, and see. I would graft the auto even while it is still in veg

Mudballs2.0

I would if i had everything in place. Who is closest to being able to execute? Graft an autoflower branch on a photoperiod currently in veg and keep it in 18/6 or 24/0 light schedule

Mudballs2.0

Im really digging the idea...this is master level shit...those 17 week sativas, yeah you could induce flowering in june and get them finished outdoors no problem with this trick...maybe. thats what im hyped up about. This is a hack i love it. Say goodbye to light dep if this is what i think it is

romanoweed

yes, the one thing i was thinking: if Daylenghts increase (before 21 Juni) it may send a somewhat stronger impulse?

Like i mentioned the enviromental Factors get mentioned still, and therefore i would just for savety measures, try to add the Auto Leave-Branch just after 21 June.

I dont know ..
(its more because the russian Guy mentioned after 21 June.. i personally havent thought of that)

Last edited:

romanoweed

Another Thing, i assume if you add such a big Auto Branch that is bigger then the Sativa Portion, then it should activate Flowering ,most definitly, cause the biggest Portion of Plantmatter Leavematter is Auto and it says the Florigen Horone gets transported to the whole Plant .

So you get the impulse from the predominant Plantmatter, but the small portion of Sativa gets the flowering-hormones aswell.

This would be a "save bet" test i would probably start with.. Ill just graft some equatorial Plants tiny Branch on a Autoflower

Cerathule

Just add another branch a few weeks behind it?
I'd imagine grafting in flower would be slower, or more difficult, than in veg. But it should still work. It may not be needed... because you could just start that at the beginning of summer, to gain in as much extra weeks of flowering to be able to finish in autumn on its own

Cerathule

_its.jpg

BumblebeeTuna

Florigen has to travel down the phloem. Looking at most sativas then nutritional factors limiting this are obvious, too much nitrogen not enough PKBMgMn. Looking at leaf morphology it's obvious florigen production is low due to poor zinc uptake. Foliar zinc citrate will turn sativa leaf into indica leaf.

Latest posts

Latest posts