What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filing small claims on a dispensary

OG in tha SGV

I WAS WONDERING IF ITS POSSIBLE TO
FILE A SMALL CLAIM ON A DISPENSARY?

THE STORY

I WAS VENDING TO A CLINIC IN LANCASTER,CA
THEY ONLY HAVE DELIVERIES OUT HERE
WELL I WENT TO THE OFFICE AND ASK IF THEY ACCEPTED
VENDING, AND THEY SAY THEY ALWAYS DO.
COUPLE DAYS LATER, A PHONE CALL FROM A GUY, WHO SAYS
THAT HE IS THE OWNER OF IT AND HE CHECKED IT OUT
AND WE AGREED ON A PRICE OF A LB..
I SIGNED A PAPER AND I MADE A COPY FOR MYSELF.
IT WAS A CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT..WAS FOR
7-10 DAYS..ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH NOW
I GOT IN CONTACT WITH WITH WEEKS BEFORE
AND HE SAID WE GONA COME THROUGH WITH THE MONEY
BUT NEVER SHOWED UP...HE HAS TURNED HIS PHONE OFF NOW
AND I CONTACTED THE MAIN OFFICE AND THEY SAY THEY
WILL PASS THE MESSAGE ON TO HIM, BUT ITS NOT
IT SEEMS ITS NOT GETTING PASSED ON.

NOW I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN TAKE HIM TO SMALL
CLAIMS COURT..ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTION

AND ALSO DID I BREAK THE LAW OR GUIDELINE OF A
DOCTORS REC BY SELLING HIM A LB??

D

Duplicate

What did the paper say? Is there any way you can re-type it leaving out un-needed details such as your name and the services name?

By definition I'm pretty sure you're not to be "selling" to the co-ops. From what I understand you can give them your over grow and be compensated for your costs.

I am not a lawyer or an expert in any way though.

In my opinion though I would just let it go. Bringing all of your activities to the spotlight in addition to spending more time and money on something that could just turn into a huge fuster cluck isn't worth it. I mean, let's say you won and you got a judgment against this dude, the fun does not end there. http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/collectintro.htm#musti

K

kannubis

cash up front in a cash only operation is the only way to avoid your current situation

federally, it is still considered as dealing illicit drugs

R

rick shaw

Selling marijuana is illegal,you are accepting a donation to cover costs. Make sure the paper work that you bring to Small Claims Court reflects this. Filing a suit in small claims isn't difficult,go to your County Court house they will probably have a instructional program to get you started,in SF they do. The clerk will ask some qualifying questions to see what the filing fee will be,if your low income the filing fee is waived.
More vendors should do this if you get screwed on consignment. I remember clone shopping in '05 I was in a club in SF at Bernal Heights smoking a joint with Eddy Lepp. The phone kept ringing every minute,in the next room I could hear the owner tell the vendor "It's gone,they took it.There is nothing I can do,peace" When I got home I searched NORML dispensary guide and found a warning about this club.

ya, seems tricky might not be the smartest thing to bring in court, the judge might laugh at you.

Try to resolve it with him peacefully more.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Wow you cosigned a lb to a delivery service!? I'd call up the delivery and act like a patient and hold em til I got contact with bossman.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I don't know about going to Court...but I would tell them either pay me, or I would show up in front of their office with some friends...and BIG signs saying they "Stole my Marijuana"!!:tiphat:

:fsu:Sorry to hear about your beef OG. I hate to say it; but, they stroked you man. You can try small claims, & see where that takes you, though I wouldn't hold my breath for any & if swift justice.

The absolute very best thing to do, is to hit them where it hurts...the wallet! If you got the drive & the time, (which sounds like you do), go there with a big huge sign like kmk said, & picket the livin crap out of them. Believe me, when customers see & hear about your gripe, that's the last thing that dispensary will want, other than a raid!

Go git em!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
amen..consignment is for dummies c'mon man......

I've seen ppl killed for 3 cartons of cigarettes!!
Nevermind the price of a pound of weed--
I agree...get it while you can...it is not near legally stable enough for consignment--:tiphat:

f1auto

Selling marijuana is illegal,you are accepting a donation to cover costs. Make sure the paper work that you bring to Small Claims Court reflects this. Filing a suit in small claims isn't difficult,go to your County Court house they will probably have a instructional program to get you started,in SF they do. The clerk will ask some qualifying questions to see what the filing fee will be,if your low income the filing fee is waived.
More vendors should do this if you get screwed on consignment. I remember clone shopping in '05 I was in a club in SF at Bernal Heights smoking a joint with Eddy Lepp. The phone kept ringing every minute,in the next room I could hear the owner tell the vendor "It's gone,they took it.There is nothing I can do,peace" When I got home I searched NORML dispensary guide and found a warning about this club.

so you basically are exploiting a loophole in the law to say that its a donation to cover expenses not for the actual product your buying?

by the way what does the thread starter mean by "if they accept Vending"? (whats vending?)

and has this dispensary bumped him off 16 WHOLE OUNCES OF WEED!!!???

I thought dispensaries were respectable businesess

R

rick shaw

so you basically are exploiting a loophole in the law to say that its a donation to cover expenses not for the actual product your buying?

by the way what does the thread starter mean by "if they accept Vending"? (whats vending?)

:laughing: 24 year old pom momies boy. They sure say the darndest things.

supermanlives

Veteran

front me 5 lbs and i will pay you on wensday LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts