What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fifa world cup 2010

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
hello africa :wave:

what up??
ic member from germany is calling ;)

got a question for all of you african ic- mag users...
here in germany tv stations are broadcasting the last three days nothing else as football and the world cup in south africa..
on tv i see over and over again happy people makin party everywhere no probs smiles and so on
you know what i mean ?!!?
so plz can you tell me what i see on tv is real ??
no riots no police f*cks up pll livin in townships and so on??
i mean no doubt that youre a happy football nation as i mentioned above im from germany
and fifa worldcup was guest here in 2006 as you all know at this time
i experiend the african fan power --> as i celebrated with the african crowd ...
i got that
but how did you come along with that dictatorial regime of the fifa??
just to remember the fifa association got more members on earth than the u.n. ....,

thx all

and yes you can pm me about that topic ...

hansen ....

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
and folks i know my english sucks
but if you get the point of thist thréad plz post your comment here
and if not
let me know what you dont understand and
i will try to explain ....

greeetz hansen

:)

FiFa can suck my left nut, basically our Government bent over and let Fifa shaft us in the bum.

Having said that though, I'll be supporting the opening game right next to the stadium at a friends pub.

No riots that I've heard of, only one STRIKE with the transport companies.
Remember that the media is prone to showing you the ugly side of things coz it creates interest.

Really poor form of Germany to only be showing the last three games.

Supersport our broadcaster are one of the best in their field for sports.

All the best from Sunny, not so warm right now South Africa.

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
FiFa can suck my left nut, basically our Government bent over and let Fifa shaft us in the bum.

Having said that though, I'll be supporting the opening game right next to the stadium at a friends pub.

No riots that I've heard of, only one STRIKE with the transport companies.
Remember that the media is prone to showing you the ugly side of things coz it creates interest.

Really poor form of Germany to only be showing the last three games.

Supersport our broadcaster are one of the best in their field for sports.

All the best from Sunny, not so warm right now South Africa.

hi sunny :wave:

thx for your reply --> very informative
and yes absolutely media loves to show us the bad world ...

Hey guys, not too sure what you mean exactly Hans.

I have heard sad news from friends overseas, and friends friends overseas calling us here in SA asking if everything is alright.
If there is a civil war happening and crazy shit like that.

And they're surprised when we tell them SA is fine, just like it was when they left!

Apparently the news overseas is portraying heavy civil unrest here or something.

Someone even told me they're still talking about the ET killing and that were going crazy about it.

A buddy told me a friend of his who left SA a few years back called him up and asked if every things cool here. He was shocked to here it was how he left it here still. He said he was watching the news right then on the phone, and they were saying there's a civil war here!

Is this what you mean Hans? Seeing all the happy people partying over here for the worldcup when news says were fighting?

Listen people who read this. EVERYTHING HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA IS FINE! NO WARS OR FIGHTING! No more than usual anyway...

Especially now with the worldcup, police are very strict.

E

elmanito

Who is talking about civil war in South-Africa. A lot of Dutchman are still going to South-Africa for a holiday without a special warning from the government.I think Rio has more violence nowadays.

Heard a new South-African word this afternoon, tiki tiki soccer because of the play style of the Dutch player Elian.:jump:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

lowridersa

Hey HansHanf

Nope there are no riots, demonstrations or anything of the sort unless the government allows it. SA is under serious pressure to pull this off. And the bubble might burst if certain of our UNions are able to pull off a strike in the next couple of weeks. No strikes or demonstrations are allowed here during this time, or so I have heard. A couple unions in conjunction with the mexican unions are picketing outside stadiums.

But I can imagine that our exciting celebrations are portrayed as a riot. South Africnas dress sense is quite entertaining and exotic, not to mention a vuvazela, our blowing horns, can be used as a bong and a beer funnel to.

I recently moved back to JHB and on the day of kickoff last week I took my dog for a long walk to buy some papers. During the whole walk it sounded like a massive massive bee hive buzzing around the city with a mix of police sirens and blowing horns ( vuvazela's ), it was continuous throughout the entire day, almost war like. But all in good fun and an amazing party and its harvest season. :dance013:

Its all ayoba.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Background noise makes it impossible for me to watch for more than 5 minutes. It's a lot of watching to see 1 or 2 goals anyway.. I'll be glad when the mess is over with.

mgk :tiphat:

Only issue to date that I know of regarding hooliganism is 17 argentian supports were shown the door and told to leave immediately or face jail. 5 other Argentinian supports were given offical warnings that they were being watched. they left the next day on their own accord.

You'd have to be right stupid to come cause crap here in SA, the very last thing you'll ever want is to be thrown in a SA jail. YOU WILL NOT COME OUT THE SAME!!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Mute the telly!

Mute the telly!

Background noise makes it impossible for me to watch for more than 5 minutes. It's a lot of watching to see 1 or 2 goals anyway.. I'll be glad when the mess is over with.

mgk :tiphat:

I suffer from the same evil...why dont you mute the telly!?:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts