What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey guys and good morning,
Interesting days of late. 80 on Friday blowing snow on Saturday.
@Fiddy you just can't tell how fast seeds will grow the first run. Clones make the schedule more stable but I bet we all run short on space no matter how many tents we have. Dubi at ace says Clones mature as much as 2 weeks faster than their mothers. I have not had direct experience of this but he has my respect.
I'm finding the longer I veg the better I like my results, so that room is getting crowded as I learn my strains. I'm just aching to get my Larry and some chronic going but the new 818 girls are taking some space to keep copies till we choose keepers.

@sunny I wouldn't be concerned about a few girls in the Bush. You know how to be covert and don't wear a path to the grow. Locals notice everything and everyone that's your main threat. I bet you would do well with the autos in your walks. Quick, short and you know how long they take to grow.
@pop you about to wash away? You needed rain but looks like you're getting a little extra. And expecting a wet spring wow. Hope the trails dry up and you get out soon. With all these changes I'm glad to be inside having crowded spaces.

Stay safe guys. It's r ace day in Daytona.
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd

@Fiddy
What scissors do you have?
My daughter gifted me at Christmas with a set of Chickamasa trimmers. They don't have a spring but the coating resists resin.
I just leave the fiskars in the box now.
Of course some strains take more work. I quit blue dream because it was too much work to trim. The headband takes me about ten minutes per oz. Not many leaves in the flowers. It seems the Sat girls go easier than indicas. Also a wet hand doesn't get sticky. A finger bowl of water helps keep it on the bud not the hand.
Just a thought
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Hey guys and good morning,
Interesting days of late. 80 on Friday blowing snow on Saturday.
@Fiddy you just can't tell how fast seeds will grow the first run. Clones make the schedule more stable but I bet we all run short on space no matter how many tents we have. Dubi at ace says Clones mature as much as 2 weeks faster than their mothers. I have not had direct experience of this but he has my respect.
I'm finding the longer I veg the better I like my results, so that room is getting crowded as I learn my strains. I'm just aching to get my Larry and some chronic going but the new 818 girls are taking some space to keep copies till we choose keepers.

@sunny I wouldn't be concerned about a few girls in the Bush. You know how to be covert and don't wear a path to the grow. Locals notice everything and everyone that's your main threat. I bet you would do well with the autos in your walks. Quick, short and you know how long they take to grow.
@pop you about to wash away? You needed rain but looks like you're getting a little extra. And expecting a wet spring wow. Hope the trails dry up and you get out soon. With all these changes I'm glad to be inside having crowded spaces.

Stay safe guys. It's r ace day in Daytona.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.
Same weird weather around here. We had a taste of all 4 seasons last week with record highs up to 70 then lots of rain then snow then back into the 50 and everything melted. All the lakes are open (no ice) as well. I can't wait for spring now that I've had a taste of some nice weather.

Your right about seeds being unpredictable. I hadn't any experience with growing reg seeds and I'm learning that I have to let them do their thing and just chill. This experience has me thinking about my strategy and considering cloning again. If I do I may have to do second half of veg in the flower tent. That would increase the time between runs a solid couple of weeks. However not having to sex from pre flower would allow me to top and train them more. Also starting with mature clones would reduce veg time. That is very interesting that clones can mature faster than mothers. I've read that a clone that comes off of a mature mother is a mature plant even if just a couple nodes. Maybe that makes them quicker to flower as well. I've goon back and fourth a couple times on this and I'm probably overthinking it a bit. I think if I had a good run in the next couple I can be more confident that my environment is working and I'll be more inclined to try some new things. If I stockpile some buds from the autos I just harvested and this next run I'll be more confidant as well.

I see crowded tents in my future as well. I also see myself moving away from tents for flower and building out a room for that. I'd like to veg longer but I run out of headroom quick in the flower tent. I think I could add another foot of vert to my space if I built it with 2x4's and Sheetrock.

Those chickamasa trimmers sound like a great idea. I'd love to save some time trimming. I think the 6 autos I just trimmed up were the most trimming I've done so far. They don't have a ton of leaves but for some reason they took a lot of time. Probably because they were so sticky. The water trick sounds good too. I'm guessing that works great for wet trim.Thanks for turning me on to those trimmers I'll get some for next harvest.

I hope you enjoined the race yesterday. I'm a big fan of all racing. Motorcycle racing is my passion but I'd watch people race just about anything. I watched most of the 500. Lots of wrecking and the field was getting pretty small at the end. Not sure if the new 5 min rule is going to work out like they thought it would. Also the new points being given at "stages" is interesting. If you want people battling for the front maybe give a point for every lap led then you would have everyone racing for first place every lap. It will be interesting to see how the new rules go over the course of the season. Either way it's nice to see them racing again.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas!

hope everyone had a great weekend
good tip about wetting your hands to prevent resin from sticking to them

the Chickamasa looks like a nice pair of scissors!
about how long can you go before experienceing hand fatigue?
i have a few pair of scissors i like using but almost always reach for the spring loaded fiskars with the fine tip
a good pair of scissors are worth their weight in hash when you grow your own
i have a few different pair, from the large pruners to the fine tipped fiskar
but who isnt looking for a new pair of good scissors

from my experience, clones do mature faster than plants grown from seeds
under ideal conditions ive seen clones finish up about a week faster tahn plants grown from seed
plus you can flower clones as soon as they root just like a mature plant
i have never tried flowering a plant from seed before it was a certain age but wonder how the flowers would turn out?
from clones, i used to flower numerous plantlettes, clones about 6-8" high
i would pack them in tight and they would grow another foot or so, so by the tiem you harvested them they were like bottle brushes,
just a single fat bud on a stick

thats so funny you mentioned crawdaddies
when i was a kid, a neighbor would pay us a nickle a piece for crawfish
a friend and i would go down to the canal and catch the suckers by the bucket full
i never really liked the thigns but mrs chicky will eat upa whole mess of the things
she just loves seafood

so more rain for us today
its not that bad and i am enjoying a day inside
cant wait for this spring tho
have a plan to grow some plants outdoors plus i will enjoy getting back on the bicycles

Fiddynut

morning fellas!

hope everyone had a great weekend
good tip about wetting your hands to prevent resin from sticking to them

the Chickamasa looks like a nice pair of scissors!
about how long can you go before experienceing hand fatigue?
i have a few pair of scissors i like using but almost always reach for the spring loaded fiskars with the fine tip
a good pair of scissors are worth their weight in hash when you grow your own
i have a few different pair, from the large pruners to the fine tipped fiskar
but who isnt looking for a new pair of good scissors

from my experience, clones do mature faster than plants grown from seeds
under ideal conditions ive seen clones finish up about a week faster tahn plants grown from seed
plus you can flower clones as soon as they root just like a mature plant
i have never tried flowering a plant from seed before it was a certain age but wonder how the flowers would turn out?
from clones, i used to flower numerous plantlettes, clones about 6-8" high
i would pack them in tight and they would grow another foot or so, so by the tiem you harvested them they were like bottle brushes,
just a single fat bud on a stick

thats so funny you mentioned crawdaddies
when i was a kid, a neighbor would pay us a nickle a piece for crawfish
a friend and i would go down to the canal and catch the suckers by the bucket full
i never really liked the thigns but mrs chicky will eat upa whole mess of the things
she just loves seafood

so more rain for us today
its not that bad and i am enjoying a day inside
cant wait for this spring tho
have a plan to grow some plants outdoors plus i will enjoy getting back on the bicycles
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
My weekend was good but I didn't get as much chill time as I'd have liked. I got my auto harvest buds to the right moisture content and weighed up the totals. I did some running around for soil, pots and found a bag of worm castings at the garden store. I also transplanted 5 LW's. Kind of a lot of running around and not a lot of me time but can't complain.

Like you mentioned sea of green seems to work best from clone. I think you can go 12/12 from seed but the plant still has to grow until mature then start flowering. A clone from a mature plant will start flowering right away in 12/12.

How are your plants doing? Did the dark green one turn out to be a girl? Don't hesitate to post up some pics of them as we all love looking at plants. Are you taking cuts of her? I hope she is doing well and stacking nodes.

I use to catch crawfish in the ponds around here. They are faster in the water than they look. They always seem to be hiding under rocks and stuff. They are kind of fun to play with.

Spring will be here soon. That little nice weather last week has me looking forward to it. That said it might be a few weeks around here until we see 70 deg around here again. I hope it dries out for you guys on the coast.

Fiddynut

Update

Update

Greetings friends.
The wookies are looking a bit stressed lately. I think they were too big for the 8" pots that they were in. The pots hold about a gallon of soil and the roots had filled the space a couple weeks ago, just a few days after I transplanted them into the pots. I probably didn't help matters by letting them get pretty dry before the last watering. They were getting droopy looking under watered. I was also using cal/mag with the spring water that I use and may have overdosed them a little. Not sure but I know too much mag locks out other nutrients. I've decided to get an RO water filter set up so that I can control what they are getting from the water in the future. I was hoping not to have to do this but I want to make sure I'm giving them what they need. I'll order that soon.

I was able to find 3 males by closely looking at the pre flowers. I also found that 4 are girls. That leaves 1 that I'm not sure on yet. This is my first experience with nonfem seeds and sexing took more time than I'd expected. Just like I've read it was the 3 biggest that were the confirmed males. Having to look this closely should help me keep a better eye on them going forward.

They were pissed so I decided to pot them up into their finishing pots. I used ocean forest soil with added perlite and worm castings. I will watch them closely for the next few days and I'm hoping they get happy and have a growth explosion.

I got a good look at the roots during transplant and they were looking good. Nice white color and thick. They were spun out around the bottom and had filled the old pots.

I'm hoping they were just pissed about being root bound and that they will be looking good in a couple days. If not I'm going to have to figure out what happened. They have only had one dose of nutes so if there is problems it's probably related to water or pot size. I'm probably just being a little paranoid but I want them pretty.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like things are really moving along with the regular plants
so are you going to toss the three confirmed males?
it sounds like you have your girls for this next run
good move on repoting them into bigger containers

ive been thinking about getting an ro system here but have held off
when i was growing hydroponically it was a necessity to use ro water
it made it easier to gauge nutrient content and provided a nice clean flush
im not as concerned with soil but it sounds like it might help in your case

im going to take some cuts of the plants soon
ill take another good look at the girls and let you know how they turn out

Fiddynut

sounds like things are really moving along with the regular plants
so are you going to toss the three confirmed males?
it sounds like you have your girls for this next run
good move on repoting them into bigger containers

ive been thinking about getting an ro system here but have held off
when i was growing hydroponically it was a necessity to use ro water
it made it easier to gauge nutrient content and provided a nice clean flush
im not as concerned with soil but it sounds like it might help in your case

im going to take some cuts of the plants soon
ill take another good look at the girls and let you know how they turn out
Good evening pop_rocks.

Moving quicker than I had expected and I'm trying to adjust on the fly.
Males are gone already they were boys for sure. I only just have room for the 5 big pots in the tent so I'm glad the males showed. My only option would have been to put them back into the veg tent.
Looking forward to seeing these girls grow up. Once I see them happy again I'll feel a lot better. I hate to see them droopy.
Pretty sure they wanted a transplant. Every time my plants looked this way on my first two grows a transplant made them happy again.

I really didn't want to do RO water but my options are limited. I could have the spring water tested and see what's in it. The pH changes from time to time so I'd have to test it often. Without knowing what's in it I don't know what to add to it. I can get gallons of RO water at the store for $.75 but I'd be up to my ass in gallon jugs. My well water here is unacceptable for plants so I can't use that. The only choice that doesn't have me hauling lots of jugs of water around is to get the filters and use supplements. At least I won't have to fill all those jugs at the spring in winter anymore.

I hope your cuts root quickly. I might take some from the LW's after all.
Time for me to go down and get a look at the girls. I hope they look better than yesterday.

Rodehazrd

Hey guys
Those scissors don't ha e a spring but they resist the goo and stay loose. I have bad arthritic knuckles and I don't have any discomfort. I only do 6-8 at a time so I
Get done quick. The wet hand trick I got from a colorado grower. It's fine for dry trim too not a lot of transferring wetness goes on like I thought it would.
Well it's FAt Tue I'm making a jambalaya for supper. I do love those mud bugs but they'd e hard to get right now. Got some Cajun sausage and dirty rice going though and we'll be throwing beads at each other later.
Fiddy I finally folded my tent and don't miss it at all. Drywall is lightweight now and a good white paint is durable. I left a 18" space all around my flower room to move in .I don't know where it went.
Peace
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Hey guys
Those scissors don't ha e a spring but they resist the goo and stay loose. I have bad arthritic knuckles and I don't have any discomfort. I only do 6-8 at a time so I
Get done quick. The wet hand trick I got from a colorado grower. It's fine for dry trim too not a lot of transferring wetness goes on like I thought it would.
Well it's FAt Tue I'm making a jambalaya for supper. I do love those mud bugs but they'd e hard to get right now. Got some Cajun sausage and dirty rice going though and we'll be throwing beads at each other later.
Fiddy I finally folded my tent and don't miss it at all. Drywall is lightweight now and a good white paint is durable. I left a 18" space all around my flower room to move in .I don't know where it went.
Peace
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

The scissors look great. Looks like a nice fine tip you can get into the little crevasses and such. Nice big finger loops too. I have a pair of little surgical scissors I use for the fine work and they only have loops for one finger so I get tired easy.
That's cool you can use the wet hand for dry trim as well. I suppose the trichomes don't let the bud soak up much water. Defiantly going to try it on next round.
Jambalaya sounds good I've made with chicken and sausage in past since I'm not into seafood. Love me some nice Cajun sausage. Some of the best homemade sausage I've ever made is andouille sausage. It's a lot of work and takes at least two days to make and smoke but so worth it. Be carful with the beads, we don't want anyone loosing an eye lol.
Yep I need more headroom than the tent gives me. The 3x3 footprint is also very restrictive. I already have a bunch of studs just need drywall and dome ducting for my 4'&6' air ducts. And I have to figure out how to make a door that is light proof. Another project for me to do.
Thanks for sharing and have a great Fat Tuesday...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy mardi gras fellas!
get it while its hot

/mrs chicky has these crazy ideas about lent, but im not into that

im hoping the cuts root quickly too
i need to get soem more rooting cubes and will prob take the cuts tomorrow
good news is the dark green plant is indeed a lady!
/maybe i will start calling her lady?!?

i have a couple new additions to the flock as well as a "mr.gibbs" i am going to continue
i think this is the end of a blueberry cut ive been working wiht
decent berry taste and potentce, just not exactly what im looking for

i will try and grab some pics when i get a chance

yeah i used to haul the water jugs myself, it gets old really fast
at .75c a gal it should not take long to recoup your cost and you will be able to enjoy pure water in the house too
/ i actually drink a lot of water

@rhode
hope your jamablaya turns out awsome!
now i wihs i had though this out and made some red beans or something like that
heck, its not too late to make a dirty rice
a good jambalaya is a work of art

if you ahve the space a dedicated room would be the shit!
have you tried the foam tape they sell at the hardware store?
its compresable and should make for a decent seal for your door
plus if you can handle the added load, you could add another light

hope you guys have a great night!
now, lets see the goods
/dangles beads seductively

Fiddynut

happy mardi gras fellas!
get it while its hot

/mrs chicky has these crazy ideas about lent, but im not into that

im hoping the cuts root quickly too
i need to get soem more rooting cubes and will prob take the cuts tomorrow
good news is the dark green plant is indeed a lady!
/maybe i will start calling her lady?!?

i have a couple new additions to the flock as well as a "mr.gibbs" i am going to continue
i think this is the end of a blueberry cut ive been working wiht
decent berry taste and potentce, just not exactly what im looking for

i will try and grab some pics when i get a chance

yeah i used to haul the water jugs myself, it gets old really fast
at .75c a gal it should not take long to recoup your cost and you will be able to enjoy pure water in the house too
/ i actually drink a lot of water

@rhode
hope your jamablaya turns out awsome!
now i wihs i had though this out and made some red beans or something like that
heck, its not too late to make a dirty rice
a good jambalaya is a work of art

if you ahve the space a dedicated room would be the shit!
have you tried the foam tape they sell at the hardware store?
its compresable and should make for a decent seal for your door
plus if you can handle the added load, you could add another light

hope you guys have a great night!
now, lets see the goods
/dangles beads seductively
Happy mardi gras to you as well.
I'm not religious so don't really even understand lent but I'm always glad to celebrate anyway if it means more good food. Not against religion either just not for me. Still believe in being a good person and doing right and all that.
Glad to hear that she is a lady and I'm hoping for good things from her for you. Can't wait to see some more of her.
It's always exciting to have new additions. Only so much space so in with the new out with the old. I've only smoked a true tasting blueberry a time or two. I've herd you need to be prepared to hunt through a few packs of beans to find a good pheno.
I've got about 50 one gallon jugs and it is a lot of work to fill them at the spring. You have to walk down a path at least 100' from where you can park and back and fourth with 4 at a time it takes forever. Plus hauling all that water in to the house could attract attention from a nosy neighbor. I think my grows will be better with consistent water.
I'll still go to the spring for drinking water though, I think the minerals are good for me.
Yep gotta get thinking about building a flower room. I want a little more space and higher celling. I was thinking about trying one of those 315w CMH lights I've been hearing so much about. It's said they are as good as a 600w HPS with less heat and energy draw. Better light spectrum too. That could be a great veg/flower light.
I'm not sure how much I can push my power consumption. My electric bill is about double what it was before I started growing. Last year this month $75 now $150. Not worried yet but don't want to add too much too fast. I've read conflicting reports about how much they keep track of that type of thing. Also read that while suspicious, using lots of power is not enough for them to get a warrant.
Sounds like your girls are doing well. Mine are starting to come around a bit. The #5 plant is looking like it's a boy but going to let it ride a while to be sure. It's already transplanted and fits in the tent so no harm to let it go a while. 3 of the 4 lady's look pretty good but the fourth is suffering a bit. Color is off and leaves are a bit droopy. I'm thinking too much cal/mag and I probably should have flushed them. Even if I end up with 3 healthy plants that will be just fine. Unsure if I am going to top them since they have been stressed. They are getting tall so have to flip soon.
I hope your week is going well...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i agree with you on religion
while im not very religious, i consider myself spiritual
while i dont really practice any of the major religions, i do believe that the universe has things beyond our comprehension
who knows, there could be a supreme being or unifying force at work
or it could all be random and rational
i do believe that a good religion is all about love and being a good person, you know treating people right
when i was a kid, i was raised christian, but most of my relatives are buddhist
go figure
mrs chicky is the theologian in the house, but i like to talk with ehr about things like this

i can see how carrying that much water could get old really fast and possibly draw unwanted attention
do others use the spring as well?
i bet the minerals are good for you but for consistency, ro would be the best for your plants

sometimes i think about the electrical draw and what the electric co might think
but i figure as long as i pay my bills on time thats all they really care about
besides,there are hundreds of reasons why your usage would go up or down

yeah the blueberry i had was ok but not stellar
mrs chicky dosent really care about potency as much as i do, but really enjoys a nice flavor
i sort of mix it all together and like a knock out punch hit as well as great taste
this plant just isnt the fruity plant i want

hope the plants are doing great
how much longer do you plan to veg?
droopy plants can mean the soil is a bit dry
when you stick your finger into the dirt, how does it feel below the surface?
when you say the color is off are the leafs yellowing?

hope your week is winding down and you are all ready for a great weekend!
can you believe that we are moving the clocks again next week?
im totally ready for spring

Fiddynut

i agree with you on religion
while im not very religious, i consider myself spiritual
while i dont really practice any of the major religions, i do believe that the universe has things beyond our comprehension
who knows, there could be a supreme being or unifying force at work
or it could all be random and rational
i do believe that a good religion is all about love and being a good person, you know treating people right
when i was a kid, i was raised christian, but most of my relatives are buddhist
go figure
mrs chicky is the theologian in the house, but i like to talk with ehr about things like this

i can see how carrying that much water could get old really fast and possibly draw unwanted attention
do others use the spring as well?
i bet the minerals are good for you but for consistency, ro would be the best for your plants

sometimes i think about the electrical draw and what the electric co might think
but i figure as long as i pay my bills on time thats all they really care about
besides,there are hundreds of reasons why your usage would go up or down

yeah the blueberry i had was ok but not stellar
mrs chicky dosent really care about potency as much as i do, but really enjoys a nice flavor
i sort of mix it all together and like a knock out punch hit as well as great taste
this plant just isnt the fruity plant i want

hope the plants are doing great
how much longer do you plan to veg?
droopy plants can mean the soil is a bit dry
when you stick your finger into the dirt, how does it feel below the surface?
when you say the color is off are the leafs yellowing?

hope your week is winding down and you are all ready for a great weekend!
can you believe that we are moving the clocks again next week?
im totally ready for spring
Good morning pop_rocks.
I'm with you bud. I'm not sure if I even consider myself very spiritual but defiantly there seems to be some order or laws of nature and the universe. Lots of things we have yet to discover. I've kind of taken some good principals of various religions and incorporated them into my life. Treat others like you want to be treated and stuff like that. I've always loved Buddhism and Taoism since I studied in collage. Balance has always appealed to me. Lots of good things to take away. My wife is kind of like yours and has a much more religious upbringing. No church or much talk of god when I was growing up so I didn't get the exposure or learn much about.

Yep I fought it for a long time but I'm looking forward to using consistent RO water from now on. I know some people have used the same spring water with success but they grow organically and have it figured out. Not wasting all that plastic on bottles and hauling water will be nice.

The funny thing is that this spring is in a tiny town with less than a thousand people but every time I go to spring there are others there getting water. Some are just old people who have probably been drinking it all their lives. Others are young people some of who look like they might be growers getting water for their plants.

I ordered RO system and PPM pen today so by next week I should be all set up. Now that I have that I might try growing in coco sometime. I'll have to research that a bit but sounds like it has lots of up side.

I know people with hot tubs with electric heaters that are using a lot more power than me so not worried. Even if I had a couple more Tv's and an extra refrigerator I'd be using this much power. I just want to slowly increase use over 2-3 years so it's not so much of a jump all at once.

That blubbery sounds ok but could be better. I'm amazed at how sweet and fruity the A-Rockets I just grew taste. I've not had anything that sweet or fruity before. I think the LW's are going to be much more sour and skunky. They are getting stinky allready.

Four of the five plants looking much better. They got drought stressed twice in a row while rootbound. I've been reading and now see how some of the soil was still moist but not whare the roots could get the moisture and that is what they got droopy. The one unhealthy looking plant had some kind of lockout probably related to slight cal/mag overdose. The new growth is looking ok. Hare is a pic of them.

So it's the one on the bottom left that is suffering. Color is off some rust spots and necrosis on lower and mid leaves. New growth ok for now. It is a little stunted as well. I'll be keeping a close eye on her and if she hermies I'll get rid of her. The plant in the middle is probably make and once I'm sure it will go too. Looks like I'm going to end up with 3 or 4 plant so this run which is perfict.

They are about 18" tall so going to flip to 12/12 in a day or two. I wanted to get them as happy as possible first. If they stretch x3 I'm going to be in trouble again. If they get too tall I'll bend main colas to the corners of tent away from the light. Then they can climb right up next to it if they want.

I can't wait for spring either. Forecast for Sunday and Monday is near 60 deg so weather is improving. I hope you had a good week and your weekend goes well...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i agree that balance is one of the keys to a good life
thats funny how much our ladies are alike

that is awsome that you are getting your own ro system
when do the parts arrive?
great idea getting a pen too
there are a bunch of good ones on the market, which did you choose?
also get teh calibrating solutions
depending on the pen you might have to get a 4.0 and a 7.0 solution
/ still kind of foggy from last night and im already getting into the bud

a friend just came back from visiting his son in la and brought back a sack
a nice strong smoke with a sharp taste, kind of like a kushy flavor but with more citrus
we smoked some nice fatties last night and he kicked me down on a nice packette to go
its fun to smoke new stuff
im mixing it on the tray with some of my mrGibb and an og i had grown a while back

can you post a closer shot of one of the effected leafs?
im thinking it might be potassium as you say the new growth is not having the same problem?
those gals look hella bushy!
do you ever trim the lower growth?
they are all beautiful plants,man!

so how is rufus coming along?
is the foot all better and the cone off?
i was checking out the trails on the way home the other day and it looks like we might be able to ride this coming week
i might go out and just stick to the double track higher up to get in one last night ride after work before the time change

hope your weekend is off to a great start
time to make mrs chicky some breakfast

Fiddynut

i agree that balance is one of the keys to a good life
thats funny how much our ladies are alike

that is awsome that you are getting your own ro system
when do the parts arrive?
great idea getting a pen too
there are a bunch of good ones on the market, which did you choose?
also get teh calibrating solutions
depending on the pen you might have to get a 4.0 and a 7.0 solution
/ still kind of foggy from last night and im already getting into the bud

a friend just came back from visiting his son in la and brought back a sack
a nice strong smoke with a sharp taste, kind of like a kushy flavor but with more citrus
we smoked some nice fatties last night and he kicked me down on a nice packette to go
its fun to smoke new stuff
im mixing it on the tray with some of my mrGibb and an og i had grown a while back

can you post a closer shot of one of the effected leafs?
im thinking it might be potassium as you say the new growth is not having the same problem?
those gals look hella bushy!
do you ever trim the lower growth?
they are all beautiful plants,man!

so how is rufus coming along?
is the foot all better and the cone off?
i was checking out the trails on the way home the other day and it looks like we might be able to ride this coming week
i might go out and just stick to the double track higher up to get in one last night ride after work before the time change

hope your weekend is off to a great start
time to make mrs chicky some breakfast
Good morning pop_rocks.
You are right that our girls are similar. Wise men think alike hahaha.

RO system will be here early next week. It's a portable tankless so no having to install. Just have to plug it into sink and start collecting water. I'll let you know how it works.

I got a PPM pen for checking quality of water post filtering to make sure it's all working right. It has a calabration fluid for calabrating that is a certain PPM kind of like a pH pen uses standerd solution to calabrate. You bring up,a good point that I'll need to use a pH pen again if I try coco. I have lost faith in my old pH pen due to inconsistent readings I was getting a couple grows ago. I have been using the drops with no problems ever since. The drops probably won't be accurate enugh for coco though. If I go back to the pen I will do some rear search to find one that is very accurate.

That bud your buddy brought sounds great. I love me some citrus flavor. A fresh flavor is always welcome. New terps to get your receptors opened up to the THCa and other canabonids. Enjoy that salad of good buds.

Il get a leaf shot this weekend. You are probably right about it being K lockout. I've read that either Ca or Mg (don't remember which) locks out K. I'm going to trim off the affected leaves soon and watch her carefully.

They are looking much better. I'm going to lollypop them for sure. I didn't top so that will be their only training. Looking for fat single colas from these girls.

Rufus is back to 100%. He is jumping and dancing around like a puppy. For an old dog nothing keeps him down for long. I'm hoping to hit the disc golf course with him this weekend. It's not going to be dry yet but he doesn't care.

Sounds like the trails are drying out. Is the rain over for you guys yet? It seems like you guys have seen one extreme or the other a lot. Drought or flood. The worst part is when you get the rain all at once it runs off and doesn't replenish the water table much.

I'm looking forward to the time change. I am much happier when it's still light out when I get home from work. I seem to have more energy and do more when it isn't dark at 5 PM.

Enjoy the weekend. Breakfast for the mrs. is always a good idea to keep her happy.

Fiddynut

Update and pic

Update and pic

Greetings friends.
The LW's are looking pretty good with the exception being the one that is stunted and is showing signs of lockout. They had a tough couple weeks and are finally happy once again. I confirmed that #5 was a male and got rid of him last night. I topped up the soil in the pots and watered last night.

For some reason my pots seem to be drying slower and kind of like from the bottom up. This seems strange but the soil was drier at the bottom that on top. I guess more water is being absorbed by the roots than is evaporating. I almost underwatered again because the soil was not dry on top. When I dug down a bit it was pretty dry below the surfers.

The male I pulled out was repotted 6 days ago with the lady's and the roots had already reached the sides and bottom of the pot. They hadn't started spinning around sides and bottom yet but they are right there. They looked good, nice and white and thick.

Since they were looking so good this morning I decided to shorten their day and flip to 12/12 today. I was trying to get them as healthy as possible before flipping but they were getting big and if I didn't flip soon they would outgrow their space for sure. I did not top them because I didn't feel that would be good with the stress they have been under the last couple weeks.

Here is a pic of them this morning looking pretty well recovered. Things are going to get exciting now. I hope they don't stretch too much. They stink more than any other plants in veg I've grown. Can't wait to see how the buds look on these girls. This should be an interesting next couple months.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and all of your plants are happy...Fiddy

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
man, i sure hope the rains are over
we have enough water in the ground for a nice green spring
plus the snow pack is supposed to be at near record levels
looking fore ward to the spring and we should see a lot of animals in the canyons this year
its been nice and warm the past couple days and i even left the house the otehr night wearing shorts and a hoodie
im not a big fan of messing wiht the clocks
i believe the days will get longer on their own and it plays havoc wiht my sleep

is there any way you can water the plants from below?
just place them in a container and fill it a little way with water
that is interesting that they are drying from thebottom up

marinating a beef roast im going to throw on the grill at them moment
have it in some olive oil wiht garlic and some seasonings
got a few baked potatoes going too!

glad to hear rufus is back to his good old self!
a guy needs his side kick in to shape!

Fiddynut

man, i sure hope the rains are over
we have enough water in the ground for a nice green spring
plus the snow pack is supposed to be at near record levels
looking fore ward to the spring and we should see a lot of animals in the canyons this year
its been nice and warm the past couple days and i even left the house the otehr night wearing shorts and a hoodie
im not a big fan of messing wiht the clocks
i believe the days will get longer on their own and it plays havoc wiht my sleep

is there any way you can water the plants from below?
just place them in a container and fill it a little way with water
that is interesting that they are drying from thebottom up

marinating a beef roast im going to throw on the grill at them moment
have it in some olive oil wiht garlic and some seasonings
got a few baked potatoes going too!

glad to hear rufus is back to his good old self!
a guy needs his side kick in to shape!

Yep you guys deserve a break from all that rain. I loved seeing everything nice and green in the hills around Oakland in the spring. It was always just for a few weeks and really beautiful. It's green around here all summer unless we get some unusual drought. I hope you get a nice spring and get to see the wildlife in the canyons. Just no wildcats. Are there mountain lion by you? There were some in NorCal I remember seeing signs at parks and hearing about attacks on tv.

I agree with you messing with the clocks is stupid. Moving them back in the fall does nothing good for me. Plus I have to reset my light timers and that's no fun.

I could water from the bottom if it works better. I'm going to keep a close eye on the pots while they dry this time and see if they still dry weird. They were just repotted a few days before and the soil compacted a lot so I topped the soil up and gave a good drench. Maybe they will dry normally this cycle. If not I'll have to figure something out. Fingers crossed they will be fine.

I bet that beef roast was great. Meat and potatoes is what I love and grew up on. Save some for me:)!

Rufus is doing great and we are going disc golfing in a few minutes. He gets to run around like a fool at the course. We walk a coupe miles through the course and he zip zags and probably puts at least 10 miles on. Great sidekick for discing.

The 3 LW's are looking pretty good and growing a lot. The fourth is still a little slow and has lost some ground on them.
Here is a couple pics of the affected older growth and one of the new growth.

Nothing I can do about those old leaves but new growth looks good so I think it will be ok. If not it's ok because 3 is still plenty for this tent. I asked in a bodhi thread if anyone knew the stretch on these and someone replied that the testers he grew out doubled in size. I'm hoping that's how these will stretch because that would be perfect hight wise.

Time to go throw the disc around. I hope your weekend is going well...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it looks like it could be a phosphorous or potassium problem
for now,lets assume that youre happy with the ph of your water and its not nutrient lockout
get a good general flower fertilizer and give the plant a half strength feeding and see if that helps (what we want here are the P and the K)
i would def trim off the bad leafs as well

if you arent happy wiht how the soil is drying out, try watering from the bottom
just place the plant into a container of water and come back after a bit
i dont think one way is better in general, just a different path
you could also cover the soil wiht some hydroton to help slow evaporation

yeah we have mountain lions and bobcat here
plus lots of coyotes
as long as they are well fed, they usually are not a problem

the roast was awsome!
smokey and tender!
ill slice you off a nice fat slab
im going to roll some of it up in a tortilla with cooked onions and peppers along with some guacamole

hope you and rufus have a great time on the disking course!
its great to have a place where you can take your dog and let him run off leash

Latest posts

Latest posts