What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i dont put my smoking out there but i am not going to lie to the kids
i dont think young kids should be exposed to smoke of any kind, but they def knew somethign was up
the funny thing is, the oldest boy dosent have any desire to smoke or drink
i also have a nephew who i helped raise, and he is pretty straight edge too
he knows all about pit but just isnt that into it
/the girl on the other hand will get into our stash and once snuck booze from the cupboard
//the girl is a jr in high school, the boy is on his way to university and my nephew is a us marine now

i hear you fiddy
i do most of the cooking around the house
any chance i get to eat something i dident make myself is a treat!
/the mrs is a great cook but her fam is part vegitarian so a lot of the stuff she makes weird stuff with lots of veggies
yes! we are getting close to chili and stew season!
you are right, its kind of hot and we have been doing a lot of simple cooking
but once it cools off i love to make stocks and let stuff simmer all day!
so i have to ask, beans or no beans in the chili?!?
i love ricotta and would like nothing more than some nice, fresh homemade ricotta cheese
/does wild happy dance!
lets hear more about it man, is it hard to make?

history is awesome and was always a favorite class of mine
have you chosen a major yet, p'fan of are you just doing general ed classes right now?
i think about going back to university too one day
maybe i will get my graduate degree, but even just taking a class or two for personal growth would be fun!
let us know how it goes and be sure to share any interesting things you learn,brother!

i hear you 'fish
i lived a few years back east and its way different being there where the history actually happened
i think our current political and social climate is bullstuff and is actually part of an agenda to divide us and distract from the real problems
good or bad,never be afraid of the truth

its been a great year so far and im ready for the fall/winter and all the fun they hold in store
once more day boys and then its the long weekend
we got this week in the bag!

Badfishy1

i dont think young kids should be exposed to smoke of any kind, but they def knew somethign was up
/the girl on the other hand will get into our stash and once snuck booze from the cupboard
//the girl is a jr in high school, the boy is on his way to university and my nephew is a us marine now

i hear you fiddy
/the mrs is a great cook but her fam is part vegitarian so a lot of the stuff she makes weird stuff with lots of veggies
i love ricotta and would like nothing more than some nice, fresh homemade ricotta cheese
/does wild happy dance!

have you chosen a major yet, p'fan of are you just doing general ed classes right now?
maybe i will get my graduate degree, but even just taking a class or two for personal growth would be fun!
let us know how it goes and be sure to share any interesting things you learn,brother!

i hear you 'fish
i lived a few years back east and its way different being there where the history actually happened
i think our current political and social climate is bullstuff and is actually part of an agenda to divide us and distract from the real problems

its been a great year so far and im ready for the fall/winter and all the fun they hold in store

Of course the discourse is nothing more than opportunist paid protesting. Trigger the masses w keywords (i.e. Racist, Nazi and so forth). And fully agree that we will NEVER be able to unite against the oppressors while fighting amongst each other over stupid shit like standing for the anthem. We need to focus on feeding and housing our fellow humans not polarizing each other to fight over a 100 year old statue. Sure the civil war was horrible, but fact is that statue literally hurts NOBODY today, however hundreds of thousands of children go to school hungry everyday. Anyhow hope all is well! Have fun and be safe

packerfan79

Veteran
Hmmmmm history.... too bad what we are taught as history is so watered down due to politics and feelings and such. Would be interesting to actually be able to visit and LIVE through those time periods! Hope all is well with the fellow jungle monkeys. Be safe this weekend

Hey Badfishy, my professor has been doing this for 30 years, and spent 2 years presiding over funerals at Arlington national cemetery. So far he's not your typical college professor. He doesn't teach out of a textbook. He's already taught me somethings I was unaware of. For example 70 % of the slaves from Africa wound up in the south and central America. I was concerned about the crazy liberal crap university s are spewing.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey POP Rocks, I haven't decided on a major, I only can take a couple classes a year. My wife will have her BA in child psychology. She wants to work with autistic children, and eventually, open a center specifically to get autistic children ready for elementary school. We have been talking more about moving to Maine, no out of state tuition. I found some huge properties for under 200k, with homes and barns etc. I may just go agriculture degree. I am to old to spend 6-7 years in school. Maine has a decent mmj law do that's a plus. It's 6 mature plants, 12 veg, and unlimited seedlings. If I can get 6 full season outdoor monsters and 6 light dep I should be able to get 50- 60 pounds a year. And possibly a couple indoor runs in winter and fall. Plus I can grow the majority of our meat and veggies. Should be a good gig. I hate working for other people, and I want to live off the land. Their is so much crime here it drives me nuts. If I didn't travel with weed I would get a concealed carry permit.

Badfishy1

Hey Badfishy, my professor has been doing this for 30 years, and spent 2 years presiding over funerals at Arlington national cemetery. So far he's not your typical college professor. He doesn't teach out of a textbook. He's already taught me somethings I was unaware of. For example 70 % of the slaves from Africa wound up in the south and central America. I was concerned about the crazy liberal crap university s are spewing.

Of course they ended up in South America. Unfortunately, only murica became an international super power therefore had to accept responsibility for actions 100+ years ago

packerfan79

Veteran
Of course they ended up in South America. Unfortunately, only murica became an international super power therefore had to accept responsibility for actions 100+ years ago

Yeah, unfortunately when you are the biggest you are under the microscope. Pissed me off when these nutjobs want reparations. Less than 2% of Americans, owned slaves. My family wasn't even in this countrywhen slavery was in existence. Not to mention that at the time of the civil war, no Republican owned slaves. Yet you will never hear a Democrat apologize for slavery. They blame it on "America." So easy to forget that 600,000 men died in the civil war. End rant.

packerfan79

Veteran
So jungle mates, what are you guys going to grill for labor day? I am thinking a rack of spare ribs and a pork shoulder. Had a porterhouse lastnight, steak and eggs for breakfast after I finish this joint. I have been rolling some fatties spiked with hash lately, knocked out on the couch at 9ish the last 2 nights.

Badfishy1

So jungle mates, what are you guys going to grill for labor day? I am thinking a rack of spare ribs and a pork shoulder. Had a porterhouse lastnight, steak and eggs for breakfast after I finish this joint. I have been rolling some fatties spiked with hash lately, knocked out on the couch at 9ish the last 2 nights.

Whole hog and a crab boil... is there any other way?

Badfishy1

Yeah, unfortunately when you are the biggest you are under the microscope. Pissed me off when these nutjobs want reparations. Less than 2% of Americans, owned slaves. My family wasn't even in this countrywhen slavery was in existence. Not to mention that at the time of the civil war, no Republican owned slaves. Yet you will never hear a Democrat apologize for slavery. They blame it on "America." So easy to forget that 600,000 men died in the civil war. End rant.

Could be argued the NORTH profited off of slaves more than the south ever did... what is really frustrating to me is the DNC vote has gone uncontested in the 'minority' community for 60+ years and very little has gotten better for them. Sure woman's rights and segregation was ended in the 60's but over the last 50 years little else (if anything) has changed. Yet 'the right' is what holds murica down

packerfan79

Veteran
Could be argued the NORTH profited off of slaves more than the south ever did... what is really frustrating to me is the DNC vote has gone uncontested in the 'minority' community for 60+ years and very little has gotten better for them. Sure woman's rights and segregation was ended in the 60's but over the last 50 years little else (if anything) has changed. Yet 'the right' is what holds murica down

I read something interesting about causes of slavery. The English demand for sugar for their tea habit, was a major factor in slavery.

I agree the Democrats have a fantastic marketing, to keep the inner cities firmly under their rule. With zero positive change. I guess when you dominate, the press, Hollywood, and higher learning, you set the agenda and control the flow of information. Unfortunately the Republicans are do nothing idiot politicians also. I am without a doubt not registered to either party. For 2 long we get 2 shitty options. I am voting independent from now on. We desperately need a legitimate 3rd party. Not a 1 issue 3rd party. Example green party.

Badfishy1

I read something interesting about causes of slavery. The English demand for sugar for their tea habit, was a major factor in slavery.

I agree the Democrats have a fantastic marketing, to keep the inner cities firmly under their rule. With zero positive change. I guess when you dominate, the press, Hollywood, and higher learning, you set the agenda and control the flow of information. Unfortunately the Republicans are do nothing idiot politicians also. I am without a doubt not registered to either party. For 2 long we get 2 shitty options. I am voting independent from now on. We desperately need a legitimate 3rd party. Not a 1 issue 3rd party. Example green party.

Agree w 2 shitty options.... personally I think we need to blow the shit up entirely and start over. A good beginning point would be the constitution

Fiddynut

I never had squids because nobody would have me lol but as long as kids understand there are adult activities that are off limits to kids,I sure don't see any harm in it.Not nearly so much as a shitface being drunk all the time.Unfortunately they need to be educated about not becoming snitches to their own family because in a lot of places that is part of the curriculum in the schools these days.In some elementary schools down here I've heard the school resource officer will go into classes with a bong and ask the kids if they've ever seen this at home.
Good morning Floridian.

You bring up a good point about kid being educated not to rat out their parents. When I was in school it was mostly in the 80's and dare was in full swing. I don't remember them asking us about out parients but I'd bet that they ask more questions these days. How much would that suck to have the cops show up at your house and start asking questions because your kid indicated in school that you smoked a little weed. I wonder how I'd have reacted if they had asked me those kind of questions. I'm pretty sure I'd have said nothing but when I was very young I might have said something since my family never tried to hide it I didn't really think it was something that we had to be dishonest about.

Badfishy1

Agree w 2 shitty options.... personally I think we need to blow the shit up entirely and start over. A good beginning point would be the constitution

Fiddynut

Hmmmmm history.... too bad what we are taught as history is so watered down due to politics and feelings and such. Would be interesting to actually be able to visit and LIVE through those time periods! Hope all is well with the fellow jungle monkeys. Be safe this weekend

I'm going round n round with the school system about the DARE program. These fucking administrators and 'resource officers' are fucking ****s. As a parent I have the option to withdraw my child from sex Ed classes (not that I would, it takes away my responsibility of 'the talk' with the kids and I don't mind if the kids learn and have a little laugh when the teacher says 'penis' instead of the new math bullshit they try teaching the children). However, I do not have the right to take my children out of the propaganda machine known as dare. I had a meeting w powers that be and they assured me cannabis is no longer considered a gate way drug, yet still won't totally exclude it from the cirriculum. (Even tho a med state, the dare program does not go into any other prescription meds, other than a quick 'don't take medicine unless it's yours, you could die). What REALLY made me blow a gasket was, even tho they have in ways become a little more sensible w the dare program, these fucking ****s invite in the largest anti-medical big pharma lobbyists in the state, 'partnership for a drug free Florida'... those fucking assholes came in w 1930's reefer madness mentality....

Of course the discourse is nothing more than opportunist paid protesting. Trigger the masses w keywords (i.e. Racist, Nazi and so forth). And fully agree that we will NEVER be able to unite against the oppressors while fighting amongst each other over stupid shit like standing for the anthem. We need to focus on feeding and housing our fellow humans not polarizing each other to fight over a 100 year old statue. Sure the civil war was horrible, but fact is that statue literally hurts NOBODY today, however hundreds of thousands of children go to school hungry everyday. Anyhow hope all is well! Have fun and be safe

Good morning Badfishy.

You are right we are only taught a version of history in most places in America. We can try to seek other versions but most don't. It would be great to travel in time and see what life was like and talk to people in diffrent times to see how they thought about things.

That sucks your kids have to be exposed to that DARE crap. I thought it was bad in the 80's but I'm sure it's worse now. The fact that they can't opt out of it is a joke. Maybe it's an other well intentioned failure but it dosent seem to be keeping kids off the smack or pills.

It's so true that as long as we are arguing amongst each other we will never get anywhere. They've known that and used it against societies for a long time. It seems to be getting worse at a much faster pace these days. We have to find a way to respect one another and let people have their differences. Like you said feeding and housing should be basic priorities and we should build our relationships from there. When everyone's basic needs are met we could start working on getting allong a little better. There will always be some who just can't get along with others but the vast majority of us can and should.

Fiddynut

i hear you fiddy
/does wild happy dance!

i hear you 'fish

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I think you are right not to lie to the kids. They aren't stupid and lying would just make you look bad. I think kids will make their own choices independent of what their parients do. Like you said about the older one and your nephew, they made the choice not to smoke even though they knew that you do. Sometimes trying to discourage kids pushes them twards it all the more.

Don't be too hard on the girl. I use to raid my parents weed stash all the time. Safer that trying to buy it on the street or at school. And rading the liquor cabinet was a regular thing too. I even watered down the booze to make it look like I hadn't taken any. I kind of learned a lot about drinking and smoking in the safety of home. Probably a better option that out at who knows who's house.

Yep I get in a rut sometimes cooking a lot of the same stuff all the time. Especially at the end of the summer season like we are at now. Burgers and brats all summer take their toll. I'm excited for chili and stew season. I think I cook more variety in the cooler months.

I'm all for beans in my chili. I also put celery in too. Don't get me wrong I make a meaty chili but I like a little beans and veggies to contrast the texture and add flavor. The exception to that would be chili for chili dogs, don't need beans or veg in that.

I can share how to make ricotta cheese with you. It's a really simple task and dosent require any special equipment. You will need a to order a couple special ingredients, one to coagulate and a culture. Ill get a list of what you need and post it with the methodology and a recipe. Remind me if I space it.

Fiddynut

Whole hog and a crab boil... is there any other way?

Ribs and pulled pork sound great. My bro has a new little smoker that he is bringing up north this weekend so we might do some BBQ. Steaks will be on the menu as well. Not sure what to else. We like to go up and see what looks good and plan our meals from there.

Whole hog is something I've always wanted to do but never have. I've been to some parties where ther was a whole pig served and I love how juicy it can stay when cooked whole. I've seen them done on a spit and also done in a pit made of cinder blocks. How do you cook yours? Any favorite spices or rubs you like?

Badfishy1

I just make a temporary pit in the back yard out of cinderblocks a grate and a 'lid' made out of stainless steel I had left over from the boat. In the past I've wrapped in banana leaves and buried in coals, but personally I find cinder block pit way easier. As far as seasoning, I make a sour orange marinade similar to mojo criollo if I feel like going all out. Otherwise I buy a gallon of mojo and go from there. Cover in salt and garlic the night before, inject mojo a few minutes before, place on rack, start fire, let it burn, place rack over coals, add a layer of blocks then cover. Add a couple handfuls of charcoal every hour n let her go

Fiddynut

I just make a temporary pit in the back yard out of cinderblocks a grate and a 'lid' made out of stainless steel I had left over from the boat. In the past I've wrapped in banana leaves and buried in coals, but personally I find cinder block pit way easier. As far as seasoning, I make a sour orange marinade similar to mojo criollo if I feel like going all out. Otherwise I buy a gallon of mojo and go from there. Cover in salt and garlic the night before, inject mojo a few minutes before, place on rack, start fire, let it burn, place rack over coals, add a layer of blocks then cover. Add a couple handfuls of charcoal every hour n let her go
Good afternoon Badfishy.

Cinder block pit sounds like a great way to go. Funny you mention the mojo criollo, a buddy at work just turned me on to that stuff a earlier this summer. I like sour citrus and it goes really well with garlic and pork. I have a couple buddies that do BBQ competitions and they use apple cider vinegar to inject pork buts. Acids can do wonderful things to meat. Sounds like you've done a few pigs in your time. This is starting to make me hungry. I hope you have a safe and awesome Holliday weekend...Fiddy.