What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week.

@DoloDankness. You should come to beautiful Road America some day and see it in person. There is nothing like Standing on the inside of turn 5 and watching them try to get those bikes slowed down and over on their side then up the hill and under the bridge. Also standing at start/finish and watching/feeling them come by at 180+ and then hard on the brakes for turn 1 is incredible. That really cool that you know who Matt maladdin and Rossi are. My favorite era of superbike was while Maladdin was winning his championships. I watched every one of the races from the late 90's untill about 2010. Maladdin was a machine on that gsxr and nobody could touch him except that year then Nicky Hayden beat him on that RC51 and earned his way into motogp. I'm a huge Rossi fan too. He was so young when he came up and started handing people their asses, just unstoppable. Those years were for me the golden era of motorcycle road racing.
I liked supporting the local hydro store and also that I could get something the same day but now I just have to plan in advance and order stuff I need. I try to keep extra bulbs and stuff on hand in case I have a failure.

@pop_ rocks. I could see where a tandem like you describe would be good on some of the bike paths here that were railroad tracks at one time. They take the tracks and lumber out and put fine crushed gravel down.
I think that as they test more and people are out more the number of cases have to go up a bit. The number we've been looking at here is the percentage of positive tests. As things improve the percentage goes down as well even if there are more total cases.
Fried chicken sounds great! It's going to be a nice weekend here but cooler so I'm going to have to make something good on Sunday.
You make a great point about how even in a legal state it's best to keep your grow to yourself. I've heard about people telling their friends and next thing they get ripped off.

@Packerfan. I'm glad you got to go fishing! I don't do much of that anymore but when I did it was always a nice calming activity. Have a great time on your voyage this weekend!
People are defenatly fed up with being told what to do and where to go. My sis and her husband and boy are in the Bay Area and so sick of it they are comming here for a few weeks soon. They are already working from home so might as well stay with my mom and step dad and work from there.
It looks like most of the places opening back up are doing just fine. Here we had a unique situation where the court acted and everything pretty much opened right up with no rules. But people are policing themselves and most are doing a good job of distancing.

@Shunshineinabag. That cana-carp sounds like a lunker. Defenatly good fertilizer for a grow!

packerfan79

Veteran
thats great to hear you had a good b'day p'man!
/i dident know you were another may baby
so how was the fishing? i bet this will be a good season especially in the lakes, because a lot of the fishes got a couple extra months to get fat with no hooks in the water
we are looking for ward to doing some camping soon and s.wood is a fun place to camp
a lot of the beaches here are reopening too and i was joking about how this is a lot like the movie jaws in some ways
there is a killer out there ( the covid) and it strikes at random; but the towns need to make money
/in the movie, the mayor was shown as a villain for reopening the beaches but eh was just caving to local pressure
its easy to cast the business man or capitalist as the bad guy; until its your pocket thats losing money
stay safe brother and take care of the ones you love

you have a great weekend too, im ready to get this party started!

Fishing was a bust. But definitely peaceful and relaxing. Mainly just carp being caught. They have been killing it with the bow hunting carp, lately. I was going for trout and catfish, or stripper. I have a 2 pole license, so I can mix it up. The fish were jumping, but no dice.

Good to hear the beaches are open. Many times these politicians forget they work for us. It's good to see Americans making their voices heard, and getting results. It seems many people forgot we were flattening the curve, not turning our country into even more of a police state .

The lakes just opened, so there are a ton of people out getting hooks wet.

I think silverwood has some stupid rules, no chairs, or ice chest. I don't go into the park. I take a back road, and hike in a bit. It does make me a little nervous about bears, but black bears tend to avoid people. Once we get to Montana, then I will have to buy a 44 magnum to deal with brown bears, or someother hand cannon.

It seems their is a lot of hatred towards the small business owners, in the media. As far as I am concerned, if you can support your family, you should STFU about others doing the same.

I hope you get a chance to get some camping in soon. Camping is my favorite activity. I love the piece and quite.

Yeah, I am a Gemini, may 21st.

Sunshineinabag

I gotta remember to not post here with that old laptop...t and y are broken ....lol my apologies for crytpic posts from previous, I'm may 20th but feel gemini

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so its you me and sunshine that ave may birthdays?! p'man
thats sucks that you wernt hooking up but at least you spent the afternoon fishing
wait, what? s.wood lake says no chairs?
tha must just be at the lake and if you were in one of the camp spots it must be different
/especially the no cooler thing
small business has it especially though here in cali and covid just made it that much tougher
is you are worried about bears man i would be looking at something like a benelli or mossburg
hope you and the fam are having a great summer!

that would be fun to ride those rail road trails, not really for the thrill of the ride, but just to turn the wheels and enjoy a nice journey
sounds like you and don enjoy motorcycle racing! thats rad
so the mr has another "walk" planned for us tomorrow
/am really i this stupid? yes, yes i am
but it sounds like it should have some good views and im all in
were not just making fried chicken, its going to be made with rice flour
did i tell you about this place a friend took us to to that had rice floured fried chicken?
it was kind of pricey for what you got, like $24 dollars for a whole chicken (w/o sides) but it was different
later the mrs was like you could totally make this at home so we are going to make our own
plus she got some ground beef so we will be pressing our own burgers today!
i cant wait!

packerfan79

Veteran
so its you me and sunshine that ave may birthdays?! p'man
thats sucks that you wernt hooking up but at least you spent the afternoon fishing
wait, what? s.wood lake says no chairs?
tha must just be at the lake and if you were in one of the camp spots it must be different
/especially the no cooler thing
small business has it especially though here in cali and covid just made it that much tougher
is you are worried about bears man i would be looking at something like a benelli or mossburg
hope you and the fam are having a great summer!

that would be fun to ride those rail road trails, not really for the thrill of the ride, but just to turn the wheels and enjoy a nice journey
sounds like you and don enjoy motorcycle racing! thats rad
so the mr has another "walk" planned for us tomorrow
/am really i this stupid? yes, yes i am
but it sounds like it should have some good views and im all in
were not just making fried chicken, its going to be made with rice flour
did i tell you about this place a friend took us to to that had rice floured fried chicken?
it was kind of pricey for what you got, like $24 dollars for a whole chicken (w/o sides) but it was different
later the mrs was like you could totally make this at home so we are going to make our own
plus she got some ground beef so we will be pressing our own burgers today!
i cant wait!

Shit Pop Rocks,

Happy belated birthday my friend. I have never seen a bear before, I do wonder if the lack of people out and about, has changed the activity of wildlife. I would love a benelli. Unfortunately, I don't think we can carry in California. Atleast not without a permit.

We are smoking another prime rib roast tommorow. Yum. I have been wanting to make some cheese stuffed burgers. I saw a recipe for stuffed meatloaf, that looked amazing.

Last weekend I made a rack of ribs, and some jalapeño cheddar cornbread.

I wish my wife was more outdoorsy, I do like that she's a girly girl, though.

I hope the wife doesn't wear you out too much.

Have a great weekend.

DoloDankness

Happy belated to everyone who had a May birthday! haha. I played some basketball today with a few of my friends at my local park, realized that quarantine made my ass out of shape. Need to get out more lol. After me and a couple buddies got back we decided to head out to a family members house to get in their pool. That was so refreshing after playin full court for a few hours. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

@Fiddy I would love to come out to see that man. My dad used to ride a gsxr as well so watching Matt use that bike with an almost artistic look to his style. Yes turn 1 is my favorite on that track.

@packerfan Those ribs and burgers sound so good. I've had the stuffed inside out burgers and they are on a whole different level of delicious lol. I dont have access to a smoker really so the only thing ive had that was smoked was a whole pig at a pig roast. Which is amazing.

@pop_rocks hope you have fun making those burgers man. Im probably gonna try and get some burgers on the grille on tomorrow too. That fried chicken sounds pretty badass. You gotta post pics of that thing haha! Have fun on the walks and be safe!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
there are definitely more animals out and about now p'man, at least in our area
it seems less activity and quiet nights is good for nature?
here is a pic of a coyote we ran into a while back on a trail close to home

picture.php

View image in gallery

wild bears are the last thing you would want to mess with but the only bear i ever say was more interested in trash than people
you are right about how cali gun laws are really restrictive and its not an open carry friendly state
that jalapeno cheddar corn bread sounds amazing!
do you doctor up a mix of make it from scratch?
hope you had a great month of may and the rest of the year is good to you brother!

playing ball with friends sounds like fun doh'
you never know how out of shape you are until you get out on the field and game
we ended up not making the fried chicken but i will be sure to get some pics up here when we do

hope you have a great monday too sunshine and your week has nothing but good in store for you friend!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a nice weekend and stayed busy for most of it. After work on Saturday it was a coupe hours of yard work (it really needed it) then a game of disc golf. Sunday morning was a nice dog walk followed by a great mountain bike ride at Alpine Valley. I can't say enough how nice the riding is at alpine. On my way home I stopped for lunch at a really good Mexican place. I needed a rest after all that and after an hour or so I decided I needed to redeem myself on the disc golf course. On Saturday I shot wors than I have in a very long time and it left a bad taste in my mouth and I had been playing in my crocks and got wet feet early because of a poor tee shot than went down into the swamp. Wet feet in crocks isn't the way to go so I was shooting from the tee barefoot and it just wasn't working. So for Sunday's game I put some proper shoes on and played a lot better.
Something that didn't sit well with me from the weekend are these riots we are seeing across the country. Let me start by saying I dislike cops and have most of my life. When I was a kid (teenager) I was marching at a NORMAL rally and I flipped a cop the bird and he got so pissed he tried to break my finger. I was being a punk ass kid but I think he should have acted like an adult. That and the many other abuse of power I've seen has made me very skeptical of all law enforcement. I believe that power corrupts and even the ones who start off wanting to help can fall victim to that. Anyway these riots are really letting the cops off the hook. They defeat the purpose of all the peaceful protests who I fully support. A lot of these cops are going to look like heroes for stopping the riots when the reality is that they are the the bad guys. They mistreat all of us no mater what race and they kill so many family dogs when they come snooping around your house of raid the wrong house it's sickening. It's just another example of politics dividing people and taking the focus away from where it should be and I hate it. But this is also, in my opinion, a result of keeping people locked down for the last 2-3 months. People are so frustrated after not being able to go about their lives that it boils over and adds to this entire fucked up situation.

@Packerfan. I. Glad you had a good time fishing, even if they weren't biting. In addition to being relaxing fishing teaches patience. I'm glad to hear that things are opening up by you and I hope that continues. No chairs or coolers is totally stupid. It's like that don't want people to go out and enjoy time outside. Most of the time black bear will run the other way if they come across people but in some spots where people and bears are too close they have lost that healthy fear of people. Brown bears are a diffrent story. It sounds like you've been cooking up some great food and I hope your prime rib roast turned out perfect. Happy birthday better late than never.

@Sunshineinabag. Good morning to you as well. Happy birthday to you too!

@pop_rocks. Your right there are some cool railroads converted to bike paths here including some with the old tunnels you go through. But I'll take a mountain bike ride any day. I hope your "walk" went well and didn't wear you out too much LOL. It's great to have someone to adventure with and I wash my wife was a bit more into that type of thing. We use to walk a lot more, especially when we lived in Oakland and she had the dog walking business. I don't think I've heard of the rice flower fried chicken but it sounds awesome. Dosent rice flower get really crispy? Let us know how it goes when you make it. How did the burgers turn out?
That's a great pick of the coyote. I've never been that close to one to get that good of a picture. I think you guys might be right about this lockdown affecting wild animals too. We are all part of nature and when you change one thing it affects everything.
Happy birthday to you as well.

@DoloDankness. That's great that your dad rode a Gsxr. I hope you get to get out and see some racing in person someday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening f'nut! glad to hear you had a nice fun weekend
i totally hear you about how some of the protesters ruining it for the rest of the group
they dont care about justice or any cause
i believe that a lot of the people who cause the most trouble dont give two shits about anything and are just looking for a reason to go wild
here in san diego the protests were relatively peaceful, but there was trouble in a few places
we like to walk quiet and you are so right about how we were super lucky to be able to get that close to the coyote; it was a really beautiful animal
the coolest part wa he dident seem to be too afraid of us but more curious
/he even followed us for a ways after we passed before going into the canyon
we ended up not making the chicken this weekend but i will be sure to get some pics up to share when we do make it
the walk was all right but not the great trail we were hoping for
but you never know whats over that next ridge until you go
have a great week my friend!

DoloDankness

Sup Fiddy! Glad you got redemption on the course! I went to the range today with a few buddies again, I'm actually gettin pretty decent at the whole golf thing lol. I used to play baseball when I was younger and even had a few golfing lessons when I was really young, but I don't really take it too serious, just like to get out with my buddies and have a good time. I think were gonna go play a round this Wednesday, the courses clothing restrictions are pretty slack. Not too expensive either.

@pop_rocks I'm totally with you both on the protests. I'm all down for the peaceful protests, but some people are taking serious advantage of business owners that have nothing to do with anything being protested. I saw a video of someone running out of a target with nothing but a case of maybe 6 FIJI waters.... like for real? Things around me are relatively peaceful, the local protest is going to be on wednesday. Hopefully everything goes okay and every one is safe.

Hope everybody has a nice week! Stay safe if you participate in the protests!!!

Sunshineinabag

They do not understand what a protesting is guys. It's an excuse to act like animals....anyone who has critical thinking realizes that getting change to the justice system by Protesting this day and age is akin to Band-Aids on sucking chest wounds. They refuse to acknowledge the racists of non white color that permeate our country....I've seen some nasty souls come to burlington to be with their antifa scumbag buddies to start hate and discontent. Yes blacks are getting yoked on TV.....but I've seen several instances one personal and one with my wife where cops throttled her ...slappex her phone outa her hand then "accidentally arrested" her...she has no record........they have throttled almost every male in my family....they don't give a fuck about color where I'm from .....they just see it as police vs people now and that's fuken wrong. These black lives matter folks grasp at anything to push their agenda

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Wow it's a hot one here today! It's upper 80's and looking to climb to about 92 which would beat our old record of 90 for today. Hard to imagine that less than a month ago we had a Sunday where it snowed all day long.

@pop_rocks. There are some real ass holes out there for sure. It seems like as soon as we find something we can all get behind and fight for someone figures out a way to divide us again and take the focus off the real issue. Truly a shame. But it was all peaceful in Milwaukee last night and that is a start. I hear that things are pretty peaceful in Minnesota last couple days too so maybe things are heading in the wright direction. Hopefully New York and LA will settle down too. It's going to be up to the peaceful protesters to stop the bad apples it looks like. I'm glad things are relatively chill where you are.
That's great the coyote was so chill and curious. They are kind of like dogs and I suppose they are fairly social for wild animals. The ones I see are usually a lot more dirty looking but that one is really beautiful.
I look forward to hearing more about that fried chicken as that's one of my favorite foods.
Not every hike is the greatest but that's part of trying new trails and getting out and finding new roads.

@DoloDankness. I'm glad your digging golf and getting good at it. I would imagine that there are some similarities between a golf swing and a baseball swing. My moms dad was a golfer and he got me some lessons when I was really young, probably about 11 or so. The thing I remember about it was when I'd try to hit the ball hard it went way off to one side or the other and not very far. When I took an easy swing sometimes it went nice and straight and a lot further than I thought it was going to. I hope you have a great game tomorrow!

@Sunshineinabag. Your right that acting like animals has nothing to do with protesting. And looting the neighborhood businesses that employ and serve the community is so counterproductive it's hard to watch. Your also right that just protesting won't change a thing in a system that as broken as ours is. We need to make real changes like a new rules about how cops have to treat us. I think that includes cops being taken off duty if they get complaints from people. I would say something like cops getting voted in to their jobs but that might be impossible in even small but especially big city's where there are hundreds or thousands of cops. But defenatly some way of getting them out quickly and before they get too power hungry. Your so right about cops taking advantage of us regardless of race. Like you said it's cops vs people and they get to justify it by saying they have a tough job and it's for their protection. Sorry, if you can't handle it go work at McDonald's or something. Maybe some good will come of all of this.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happenin guys! some good thoughts and im glad we can come on here and talk like intelligent people as well as have our fun
here in san diego they have a big problem finding people to become police officers
low pay, bad hours, no respect and you deal with people at their worst
maybe one day people will call 911 and there wont be anyone to answer the phone
im not defending what happened but i can say we havent heard the real story
the protests in san diego were driven by the killing but now blm are basically saying anytime a black man is stopped its a racial thing no matter what the circumstances or how the person acts; maybe everyone should just get a get out of jail free card
/sunshine hit it on the head about "...racists of non white color."
it sucks to see america so torn apart and i hope this dosent get as bad as los angeles, furguson, et al.

you are so right fiddy about how dogs are social animals
i could totally see a wild man coming across a wild dog just like me and the mrs and at some point bringing the animal into the family group
the mrs even commented that we made a friend later down the trail when the coyote was still following us
those are crazy hot temps man
90* is one thing in the middle of summer, but it feels hot like hell in the spring
stay cool brother

DoloDankness

Sup guys had a nice day went to the range again, think I may have strained a muscle in my shoulder trying to help my mom start her new lawn mower lol! Sucker needed a new spark plug didn't matter how hard you pulled it. Ah well resting now with some muscle cream on it. Doesn't hurt to bad when I swing though so its okay. It probably got up to maybe 75 today it was just beautiful. Am trying my hardest to keep myself off of social media right now besides a few YouTube videos here and there. My girlfriend lives a state away from me and she is deciding to go to her local protest, I hope everything stays peaceful.

@pop_rocks I really agree with you that we can all still come together at some time in our day and talk this nonsense out with one another. Me and the lady have the same views, we agree what the peaceful protests are for, but I am not posting all over my social media just because I don't feel like I have any business putting my nose there. Just not me. I love everyone no matter what color shape or size, but when people start arguing about it I literally don't have an opinion. I just listen. Hear what everyone has to say, and keep everything to myself. Not like my opinions don't matter but I feel as if I have to walk across hot coals to talk to another person of color about this without them saying, "you'll never understand" or a "thanks but your part of the problem" like just saying someone is a part of the problem because they don't feel the need to walk around and be this huge mob of people just so some kids can rob a jewelry store and a skate shop.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nail on head, doh
you cant start a real dialogue when you say things like "...you will never understand"
i guess they are special
/they have have no idea who i am or what i lived as a kid
but i guess you would say i was white for the most part, if that kind of thing mattered to you
people talk about the police and their "us v them" mentality
/pot, meet kettle
thats tough being in a long distance relationship brother
ive been there
or is this one of those east coast things where the next state is only a couple hours drive away?
your plants are looking great btw, keep it up doh'

DoloDankness

nail on head, doh
you cant start a real dialogue when you say things like "...you will never understand"
i guess they are special
/they have have no idea who i am or what i lived as a kid
but i guess you would say i was white for the most part, if that kind of thing mattered to you
people talk about the police and their "us v them" mentality
/pot, meet kettle
thats tough being in a long distance relationship brother
ive been there
or is this one of those east coast things where the next state is only a couple hours drive away?
your plants are looking great btw, keep it up doh'

For sure... I grew up with a neighbors as police officers and our neighborhood was pretty close with each other. So I was actually pretty spoiled, and did have a privilege over pretty much anyone. Just had to bring up my neighbors name and I could pretty much get out of any traffic stop. Regardless I have dealt with cops that weren't from my area when I was younger riding with my mom. Treated her like shit and it really rubbed me the wrong way. Yea the "long distance" isn't that long it's only like 2 hours, but it definitely still affects the dynamics of the relationship. Thanks!!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy hump day y'all!

@pop_rocks. Your so right that it's great we can talk here and respect each other's opinion weather we agree or not. That should be the definition of an adult conversation.
You make a good point about it being hard to find good people willing to be cops. It's defenatly not a job for just anyone. Hot heads and people without compassion for others make bad cops. So does the guy who got picked on in school and now has some power over others. Even some who get into it because they want to help are susceptible to being corrupted by having power. I'd think that a good cop would be humble and educated in things like mental health and be a strong communicator. I also think we should go back to taking some responsibility for helping to protect our own neighborhoods. Cops can't do everything and be everywhere. But your right it would be hard on a lot of people if you needed help and there wasn't anyone to answer your call.
For sure mans relationship with dogs started long ago and because wolves got curious enough to come close to humans and eat our scraps. It didn't take long for us to start finding ways to use them for things like protection and hunting. Maybe the coyote had been fed by other hikers and was following you to see if you'd drop anything.
Yep it felt really hot yesterday but my air conditioner was working and I was able to get a cool night sleep. I like the heat but it does take a lot more out of me than it use to.

@DoloDankness. Yep no spark no fire and no fire no start no matter how hard you pull. Actually pulling hard usually only gets you a sore arm or a broken recoil or rope. If the motor has the right things to run it should start with just a firm pull. I've get a sore shoulder from time to time and it makes throwing the disc really tough.
Staying off social media is a good way to keep your self positive. I've been seeing some of the most divisive things being said and it's just so sad. Between the political posts, masked crusaders, and race deviders out there it's hard not to get all pissed off or just feel like giving up. Like you mention, I'm not going to constantly make posts to keep staring the pot. In my case I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions because I believe everyone has a right to their own.
If your worried about your lady at a protest you might try to convince her to go during daylight hours as it usually dosent get crazy u till the sun sets.

Sunshineinabag

Having an ok week. Seeing online forums initially as a place to find like minded farmers was a great start but some humans online are extra lol.
This most recent set of events makes me wonder just how screwed up some of our society has gotten in some respects.
I just wanna have a quiet place for me and my dog and my older brother who has mental illness

Latest posts

Latest posts