What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

evening fiddy! hope your week went well and you ar ready for a fun weekend
so far not too much planned, just the kind of weeeknd i like the most
still have to get the new computer set up; hopefully i will be able to do that saturday monring before the mrs gets up
we will be going to my friends house friday so i will get some new pics, plus i have abunch of old ones to sift through too
i might try and milk it and break the update into a couple posts instead of posting one long one
i almost forgot how muhc i enjoy being outdoors
im glad i went and want to plan another tip or two before the year is over
thats great that ego is doing well
he is a protector so i wouldent expect him to not bark, but as long as he isnt being too loud hes just doing his thing
rock on man, i cant wait to listen to the new tool
have a great day brother and an even better weekend!

Good afternoon pop.
This week flew by as well but was a short week after having Monday and Tuesday off. I hope your week was good and your are finishing strong. I like a weekend without much planned too. Being free to do as much or as little as I like is a great thing. I'm planning on harvesting the 4 cobra lips this weekend, taking it easy on Sunday and watching packers viqueens, and some work in the yard and around the house. We got several inches of rain the last few days so mtn bike trails won't be open for a while but maybe I can get a game of disc golf in.
Setting up a new computer sounds like a lot of work to me. I use to be pretty good with macs in the 90's when I was in school but haven't used anything but a tablet for years now. I never learned much about Windows pc's. Good luck brother and I hope it goes smoothly for you.
I can't wait to see some new pics of your plants. I bet they are stacking buds like crazy. Are you getting any idea of how they are going to smell?
Being outdoors is great! It sounds like you have found a great place to unwind. I hope you get there as often as you would like to.
Eggo really is a sweetheart. He helps the wife feel safe when I'm not around. When she isn't feeling good he snuggles with her and makes her feel better. We've had to get use to his personally as he has had to get use to ours.
I hope you have a great Friday and weekend as well brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy! hope your weekend is starting off great
picture.php

View image in gallery

ive finally gotten the new computer set up
its going to take a while to get everything dialed in but im installing software and getting things back to normal
so it looks like i have a bunch of pics to sort through but the plants are doing great
the two b.jacques are in full flower
its hard to say how many weeks out they are because they seem to be growing so fast
above is the obligatory "cheers" picture taken a couple weeks ago, late august and you can see the plants are flowering
this is how they looked this past week
here is the group shot

and individual shots of blanc jacque 1

and #2

we also have an obilisk from the second round of sprouts and she is doing great! i cent believe hot fast she is growing and even tho she is a few weeks behind her sisters she isalmost as tall as her sisters

she is in her early flower stage and could still grow taller!
i cant wait to see how this one yields

some fun football games tomorrow
the pack and the vikqueens should be a great game, both are really good teams
we get to see a replay of last years playoffs (and a possible preview of this years as well) with the rams hosting the saints
this one could be the game of the week and should have lots of fireworks
a bunch of other great games as well so it looks like it will be a fun and unproductive sunday spent on the couch
hope you are enjoying your weekend and the changing seasons
it was starting to cool off here but the past few days have been pretty warm and humid
but fall is in the air and tonight is a full moon
hopefully we will get some thick fog and me and the mrs can go for one of our night time fog walks
have a great weekend man!

Rodehazrd

Looks nice pops serious colas there.
Here's my outdoor headband just beginning to get frosty

Attachments

• 20190914_092257~2.jpg
    20190914_092257~2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 18

Rodehazrd

Yeah pop she's getti g stinky I quit growing her because she was so loud. I did the swerve method where you take 5 inches off the top and spread her out here's her stem. And also the bangi I fimmed

Attachments

• 20190914_094116.jpg
    20190914_094116.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190914_094002.jpg
    20190914_094002.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 21

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
very nice structure brother!
it looks like you are making the most of the plant with your pruning
plus living in that big fat tub im sure she is going to produce a lot of nice buds for you
the afterthought autos im growing havent started to perfume the air just yet, but i think they have a couple more weeks to go
when you do a stem rub tho, you get some nice pungent fruit smells on the azure rocket cross

Fiddynut

happening fiddy! hope your weekend is starting off great

ive finally gotten the new computer set up
its going to take a while to get everything dialed in but im installing software and getting things back to normal
so it looks like i have a bunch of pics to sort through but the plants are doing great
the two b.jacques are in full flower
its hard to say how many weeks out they are because they seem to be growing so fast
above is the obligatory "cheers" picture taken a couple weeks ago, late august and you can see the plants are flowering
this is how they looked this past week
here is the group shot

and individual shots of blanc jacque 1

and #2

we also have an obilisk from the second round of sprouts and she is doing great! i cent believe hot fast she is growing and even tho she is a few weeks behind her sisters she isalmost as tall as her sisters

she is in her early flower stage and could still grow taller!
i cant wait to see how this one yields

some fun football games tomorrow
the pack and the vikqueens should be a great game, both are really good teams
we get to see a replay of last years playoffs (and a possible preview of this years as well) with the rams hosting the saints
this one could be the game of the week and should have lots of fireworks
a bunch of other great games as well so it looks like it will be a fun and unproductive sunday spent on the couch
hope you are enjoying your weekend and the changing seasons
it was starting to cool off here but the past few days have been pretty warm and humid
but fall is in the air and tonight is a full moon
hopefully we will get some thick fog and me and the mrs can go for one of our night time fog walks
have a great weekend man!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm glad you are new computer is up and running and I hope you get everything installed without issues. Life is too short for computer issues LOL.
Your plants look great! They are staying nice and green and really stacking buds. I think your going to have some great smoke when you chop these girls. Your right, the other plant from the second batch is growing like crazy and should be interisting to see how she yields.
I hope you enjoyed the games this week. The pack looked great in the first quarter plus but really couldn't get anything going the rest of the game and were lucks to hang on for the win. But 2-0 is a good way to start the season, especially both being divisional wins. I didn't get a chance to watch any of the other games. Were they any good?
I harvested the cobra lips on Sunday so I should know in a few days what I've got there. I think I took them a little early but I needed to get the next round in and have to keep things moving.
Despite all the injuries and bad luck the Brewers are in contention for the division (3 games behind St. Louis) and wild card (1 game behind the Cubs) with 2 weeks left in the season. No one knows how it's going to shake out but the crew have an easy schedule for the rest of the season playing no teams above .500 and no playoff teams. The cardinals and the Cubs play each other 7 more times and since they can't both win the Brewers just have to keep winning and they will take games from each other. It's going to be another exciting finish this year I think.
It looks like it's going to be a warm week here in around 80 or so and I hope the rain holds off so the mtn bike trails open back up soon!

Fiddynut

Looks nice pops serious colas there.
Here's my outdoor headband just beginning to get frosty

Yeah pop she's getti g stinky I quit growing her because she was so loud. I did the swerve method where you take 5 inches off the top and spread her out here's her stem. And also the bangi I fimmed

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
That is some nice early frost on that headband. Looking good!
I really like the branching on those plants! They look really strong and hearty.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the one from the second batch is a different strain and it looks like she is a producer for sure!
i like the two rocket crosses so far with one being tall and one being short
but it looks like they both hold about teh same amount of quality tops on them, one is just stretched out and one is more compact
/something good for those wanting to keep things low key
the packers look like they are off to a great start
both the bears and vikings are good teams and im expecting them to pick up another win against denver here this weekend
i can wait to hear what you think of the cobra lips
depending on how early you picked them they still might have the punch in them, but also a nice head high going on as well
i will be rooting for your brewers to do well and i am looking forward to the baseball post season
october is the best time of year with the cooler night and warm days ( at least here in san diego), plus you have all the sports on tv!
padres arent doing so well but there is always next season
if you cant get out on the trails for s bike ride you can always take ego for a nice walk, have you taken him out into the woods/ canyons much?

hope you are having a great week brother and its just gets better form here!

Fiddynut

the one from the second batch is a different strain and it looks like she is a producer for sure!
i like the two rocket crosses so far with one being tall and one being short
but it looks like they both hold about teh same amount of quality tops on them, one is just stretched out and one is more compact
/something good for those wanting to keep things low key
the packers look like they are off to a great start
both the bears and vikings are good teams and im expecting them to pick up another win against denver here this weekend
i can wait to hear what you think of the cobra lips
depending on how early you picked them they still might have the punch in them, but also a nice head high going on as well
i will be rooting for your brewers to do well and i am looking forward to the baseball post season
october is the best time of year with the cooler night and warm days ( at least here in san diego), plus you have all the sports on tv!
padres arent doing so well but there is always next season
if you cant get out on the trails for s bike ride you can always take ego for a nice walk, have you taken him out into the woods/ canyons much?

hope you are having a great week brother and its just gets better form here!

For sure the younger one is looking to be an ass kicker and I look forward to seeing her grow up and bud up as well. Since you mention it about the tall and short rocket crosses it makes me think about all the plants I've grown over the past few years. For sure there is not always a correlation between tall plants and good yeild. I've had some short plants that were way better producers than some of the stretching ones. In fact, give me a shorter, more branchy plant any day. If I had unlimited space and headroom I wouldn't mind but I run out of vertical room pretty quickly.
Yep 2-0 is a great way to start the season but I'm sure the viqueens and bears are better teams than they looked and will give the pack more of a challenge next time we play them. Not sure about Detroit this year but we have to play them twice as well.
I picked the cobra lips a little early but not too much. The trichomes were mostly cloudy which is where I usually take them down, with maybe a few less amber than usual. I'm sure they will still be fine.
Your right that October is a busy sports month. The cardinals lost last night and the crew won so the Brewers are only 2 games out of first now. And I think tied with the Cubs for the wild card. It would be great to win the devision again this year. The Padres are in Milwaukee this week and the last couple games they have played the Brewers tough. You guys have a lot of great young talent and they are looking to be a really good team in the years to come. They might surprise a lot of people next season with some success.
I usually take Eggo for neighborhood walks but not a lot of hikes because he is kind of a puller on the leash. He has a really high prey drive and when we are out in the woods he want to chase every squirrel and try's to pull my arm out of its socket. I need to get him to the dog park where he can run free a bit.
I hope your week is going well and I can't believe it's hump day allready.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hope you like the cobra lips and cant wait to hear how you like the smoke
where are you at in the dry/cure process?
the obilisk looks like its going to be good and the azure rocket crosses are both doing well
i will be sure to get some new picks pf them this weekend
i have some close ups but my friend dident label the pics so this time i will be sure to put some kind of marker in the shot
i agree that size dosent always correlate to yeild or potency
just eyeballing it, it looks like both plants have about the same amount f bud on them, one is just more compact and the other more spread out
im with you and usually prefer the shorter more compact plants
i cant wait to see these guys through
im gogin to enjoy posting up a smoke report with some pics of the final product and i cant thank arid enough for all he has done
do you think eggo is a social dog? that would be nice to take him to a dog park and let him run around
the padres could have a decent team in a season or two
thats great that the brew crew could see some post season action! there is nothing better than baseball in october
hope your week is winding down nicely, do you have any plans for the weekend?

Fiddynut

i hope you like the cobra lips and cant wait to hear how you like the smoke
where are you at in the dry/cure process?
the obilisk looks like its going to be good and the azure rocket crosses are both doing well
i will be sure to get some new picks pf them this weekend
i have some close ups but my friend dident label the pics so this time i will be sure to put some kind of marker in the shot
i agree that size dosent always correlate to yeild or potency
just eyeballing it, it looks like both plants have about the same amount f bud on them, one is just more compact and the other more spread out
im with you and usually prefer the shorter more compact plants
i cant wait to see these guys through
im gogin to enjoy posting up a smoke report with some pics of the final product and i cant thank arid enough for all he has done
do you think eggo is a social dog? that would be nice to take him to a dog park and let him run around
the padres could have a decent team in a season or two
thats great that the brew crew could see some post season action! there is nothing better than baseball in october
hope your week is winding down nicely, do you have any plans for the weekend?

My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for it to be great smoke. I don't think it's going to be as loud as the gorilla bubble but I hope it cures out and has a nice flavor and buzz.
The plants have been hanging since Sunday morning and are starting to get close to dry. I don't let them get too crispy at first just dry on the outside. Then I cut the buds off the stems and jar it up and let the moisture equalize throughout the buds, them out on the rack for final drying. Sometimes I wil jar them up and let the moisture equalize two or three times during drying. When the stems snap when bent it's ready to jar back up and start curing. I'm hoping to have everything curing by Monday.
For sure your plants are looking great! Do you plan on adding any support steaks to them. They look like they might start getting heavy soon. Looking forward to seeing more pics of them. I have had the same issues with close ups pics of plants. By the time I post them I have forgotten which plants they were. Your right a label of some kind would be great. After our discussion about plant hight yesterday I was doing some thinking and realized that I've had a couple exceptions to what I was talking about. I have had a coulple runt plants that did not really stretch at all. I noticed that both of them both had very low yeild and also the flavor and potency were just not there with them. All their sisters were fine but these girls just didn't grow and ended up like half the hight of the others in the tent. It would be great to find a very short plant that had all the other boxes checked as well but I'm thinking that's not going to happen.
I do think Eggo would like to play with other dogs at the dog park. He seems to be a little lonely sometimes and he loves playing, chasing and stuff like that. I have to take him and find out, actually I feel a bit bad for not taking him yet and I wish there was a dog park a little closer to home.
I don't really have any plans this weekend. How about you? I just have Sunday off this week and will probably take it easy and get some rest and relaxing done. Next weekend will be busy with Dark Star Orchestra concerts both Friday and Saturday nights with pre and post party's and all that good stuff.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a rocking show man
pre and post concert parties?!? you are really living it up my man and i hope you have a great time
i dont really have any plans for this weekend
the mrs has one of her friends coming out this saturday so im just trying to keep out of the way for the most part
im going to grill up saturday night but other than that just lay low and let the girls have fun
sunday will be about the football, but the rams dont play until late so i have pretty much the whole day to get ready
ill catch the early games, cook ( im thinking of frying up some fish and chips) then nap so im good and fresh for sunday night
its weird about the runts
ive had the true runts where they just enver really took off, but one of the best plants i ever grew was a runt out of a bunch of chemdog seeds i had a while back
it was so scraggly i dident even take cuts of her, i just kind of kept her around because i could not bear to pull her
she was less than half the size of her sisters but the smoke was a treat; not much flavor wise but would cross your eyes after two hits
so far the afterthought auto plants seem to be holding their own but i have sticks handy if they need the extra support
i cant wait to see how much they have grown in this past week, i cant believe how quickly they are moving through their stages of growth
soem dogs are more social than others, has eggo had much interaction with other pups?
ukie dident like other dogs at all but we once had this aus cattle dog named jack that was a magnet for friends
thats a shame that there isnt a nice dog park close by but im surious about how he will get along in a social setting
hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your down time brother!

Fiddynut

that sounds like a rocking show man
pre and post concert parties?!? you are really living it up my man and i hope you have a great time
i dont really have any plans for this weekend
the mrs has one of her friends coming out this saturday so im just trying to keep out of the way for the most part
im going to grill up saturday night but other than that just lay low and let the girls have fun
sunday will be about the football, but the rams dont play until late so i have pretty much the whole day to get ready
ill catch the early games, cook ( im thinking of frying up some fish and chips) then nap so im good and fresh for sunday night
its weird about the runts
ive had the true runts where they just enver really took off, but one of the best plants i ever grew was a runt out of a bunch of chemdog seeds i had a while back
it was so scraggly i dident even take cuts of her, i just kind of kept her around because i could not bear to pull her
she was less than half the size of her sisters but the smoke was a treat; not much flavor wise but would cross your eyes after two hits
so far the afterthought auto plants seem to be holding their own but i have sticks handy if they need the extra support
i cant wait to see how much they have grown in this past week, i cant believe how quickly they are moving through their stages of growth
soem dogs are more social than others, has eggo had much interaction with other pups?
ukie dident like other dogs at all but we once had this aus cattle dog named jack that was a magnet for friends
thats a shame that there isnt a nice dog park close by but im surious about how he will get along in a social setting
hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your down time brother!
For sure they should be some great shows. Friday's show in in Milwaukee and Saturday's is in Madison. A buddy who owns a bar is having his birthday party as an after party on Friday and there are a bunch of afters at bars close to the venue in madtown.
It sounds like you know the routine, stay out of the way when the ladys are visiting, LOL. I usually lay low when my wife has friends over too.
I think I'm going to take it easy, smoke a pastrami, and watch football on Sunday too. It's suppose to be rainy here all weekend anyway and I need some rest. I hope you enjoy the games and cook up some good shit brother!
I'm glad you shared about the good runt plant. I was planning on culling any rents in the future but I'll let it grow and hope for some,thing similar to yours. One of my rents was the plant that had a bud grow out from the center of a leaf, which id never seen before or since. If I can find the pic of it I'll post it at the end here.
I think Eggo likes other dogs because I have pics of him hanging out with two other dogs in San Diego where he is from. He also spent like 6 months in foster care with plenty of other dogs and never had issues. The foster we got him from said that he was good with most other dogs but would like getting all of the attention and being and "only dog". But sometimes I think he might like a brother or sister to play with.
I hope you have a great weekend too brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
smoking a pastrami sounds awesome! are you going to slice it thin and make sandwiches?
post up a pic if you remember so we can all drool over it brother
ive heard of buds that sprout from the center of a leaf but ive only seen pictures or heard stories
ive never had that happen myself but a friend had a plant that had little gumballs sized buds grow from his leafs
its weird about the runts and potency
as long as you ahve the room and they arent bumping another plant i would just let them grow out and see what you get
there are some good games this weekend and it will be a fun day on the couch
yeah when the mrs gets together with her friends i usually just fade intot the background
i like a few of her friends well enough, but those are her friends and i usually just let them have their fun
thats great that eggo is already kindof socialized and i bet he would like to hang out with other dogs
who knows, maybe he will make some friends; if nthign else it is good exercise and im sure he will have fun
hope your weeeknd is off to a great start my man and you have a delicious and relaxing weekend

Fiddynut

smoking a pastrami sounds awesome! are you going to slice it thin and make sandwiches?
post up a pic if you remember so we can all drool over it brother
ive heard of buds that sprout from the center of a leaf but ive only seen pictures or heard stories
ive never had that happen myself but a friend had a plant that had little gumballs sized buds grow from his leafs
its weird about the runts and potency
as long as you ahve the room and they arent bumping another plant i would just let them grow out and see what you get
there are some good games this weekend and it will be a fun day on the couch
yeah when the mrs gets together with her friends i usually just fade intot the background
i like a few of her friends well enough, but those are her friends and i usually just let them have their fun
thats great that eggo is already kindof socialized and i bet he would like to hang out with other dogs
who knows, maybe he will make some friends; if nthign else it is good exercise and im sure he will have fun
hope your weeeknd is off to a great start my man and you have a delicious and relaxing weekend

To be honest the pastrami could have been better. I cheated by buying a corned beef and then soaking it in water to draw some of the salt out of it. After 3 days of changing the water I coated it with black pepper and put a few hours of smoke in it. It would have been much better if I'd just bought the brisket and pickled it myself before smoking it. It was ok but nothing special. I did make sandwiches with it, pickles onion and mustard as is tradition. I'll get pics next time.
I still can't find that picture with the little bud comming from the center of a leaf but I know it's in my albums somewhere. It as about a gum ball size like the one you speak of. It was weird for sure.
I'm with you that it's always best to grow it out and see what you get if you have the space. Sometimes plants can be counter intuitive.
How did you like the games this weekend?
It was a great week for sports fans in Wisconsin. The Badgers beat Michigan in collage football and are looking to move into the top ten in rankings. The packers won and looked pretty good against Denver. And the Brewers just keep winning and now have both taken the top wild card spot and put 4 games between them and the Cubs which means the Cubs are almost certainly going to miss out on playing in the post season for the second year in a row. It feels great to beat a team with double the payroll of yours. And with 6 to play we are still 3 behind St. Louis for the devision championship so anything can still happen.
I hope you had a great weekend too man and let's kick some ass this week!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother! hope your week is off to a great start
the smoked sandwiches sound awesome, even if it dident come out like you had hoped
/were the seasonings not right or was it just a little bit too salty?
i like your choice of toppings! pickles,onions and mustard sounds like a winning combination
i had fun watching the games this weekend but the rams v browns kept me on the edge of my seat sunday night
ravens looked solid in their loss to kc, l.jackson is on track to have a great year
gb is one of the last 3-0 teams and they look legit for sure
did you have a chance to smoke on any of the leaf buds? its a crazy phenomenon for sure but i wonder if its just a novel mutation
so my friend sent me some enw pics and the plants are doing great as expected
the first rounders are getting close to harvest and the late arrival, the obilisk is growing like mad!

here is the first lady, the blanc jacque #1

she is really filling out and has a nice sparkle to her
i am thinking she might be coming down as early as this weekend, but we will see
she is growing super fast and has a nice pungent sweet smell to her

he sister is just as nice, only a little shorter

same look and smell, just more compact
we did some heavy defoliation last friday, pulling off any of the leafs that looked like they were more than half yellow
/you can tell the older leafs because they turn this light yellow color and seem to become thinner

and the last to class, the obelsik

while she from a later seed run she has already outgrown her older sisters and she still hasent hit her explosive growth stage
big and green she is really looking nice
its still too early to comment on smells but she has this very distinct "pot" smell and im sure she will start throwing off distinct odors in the next few weeks

"I hope you had a great weekend too man and let's kick some ass this week!"
thanks brother! let do this

Latest posts

Latest posts