What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

that would suck if you couldent get the game f'nut
you can also try streaming from cbs.com or there are some toehr sites i could steer you towards if you cant connect
/we once watched the superbowl online and it was different to say the least
the commercials were all different but once the action started it was all the same
i had the tv on during the pro bowl but dident really pay attention to the game
i even dozed off somewhere in the middle and woke up near the end
i hope the weather isnt half as bad as they are predicting!
they were talking about it today at work and it sounds brutally cold
im sure you can handle things once the weather dips but they were saying how the polar vortex is supposed to slide south the next couple days
if nothing else, cozy up inside with a good bowl and some good food; this is a great reason to throw a big blanket on the couch and cuddle up with the mrs and the dog
im at peak winter and feel like ive lost a step, but i will be back this spring
i have been having a hard time getting some seeds off the ground and broke out the heating mat to hopefully jump start things here
hope you had a great monday and are ready for the week brother!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Your damn right it would suck not to get the game. I'm hoping that the app or cbs.com works and I'm not blacked out or anything. The rules are weird about how they can provide coverage online. I get most of the local stations over air but cont get reception for that one. I can always go to a bar and watch but then I'm not eating my food and paying out the ass for drinks. And no puffing either.
Yes for sure the pro bowl is usually pretty unwatchable. Meaningless games usually are and you can tell the players don't really want to be there. We had to turn it off within like 15 minutes of turning it on for fear of being put to sleep.
The cold is here today and it's struggling to get to zero today and looks like double digits below tomorrow. We do a lot of moving units around outside at work and no way we will close tomorrow so I'll be on frostbite alert. Looks like it will start to warm after tomorrow so I'll just have to power through. Glad I don't have kids since school has been closed a lot the last few days between the snow and the cold. I have a feeling that if this dips south the people down there are going to get a real surprise and they don't have the salters or equipment to deal with ice on the roads like we do.
A heating pad is a great idea for getting those beans to germinate. I need to get one for my DWC clones to make getting roots more quickly and reliably.
I hope your week is off to a great start and just a few days tell game time brother.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you can also try the reddit streams fiddy
ive watched a few game online and the streams work
but im sure the networks website will also have the game online
i hear you brother about wanting to avoid the bars; second to new years the superbowl has to be up there with the days to avoid those places
the polar vortex is coming and its supposed to get cold the next couple days
you hang in there buddy and be sure to play it safe at work
does frostbite alert mean they limit your time outside?
suit up and stay covered up; i hear aspirin also helps treat frostbite but lets hope it dosent come to that
i normally done have to use a heating mat but this winter ive been having terrible luck getting seeds to sprout, the it occurred to me that it was the temps stunting growth
ive had better luck this last batch and i will be posting up about them here soon

you have a great week too brother, we are just about half way through the grind and its all down hill from here

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
I'm in the deep freeze too. Its just barely below zero and the wind is supposed to pick up all day. I loaded my boiler this morning and the wind was totally calm out there. I was expecting at least a 10 to 15 mph event. Guess I just got lucky. I remember 77 when the ohio river froze solid but there was no wind. Usually when it gets this cold we have dead calm but today we get a big blow or so they say. One tip on staying warm in this is to slather on the body lotion all over especially the face. It will make the weather seem 10-15 degrees warmer. I get lubriderm it dosent smell like the church ladies and works well.
This may be a good time for you to visit the trails in the underground cavern bro. Always 60 down there.
I ended up making more crosses with the hermie AG. He, she, it or they whatever the correct intersex term is got in the Bangi and Oaxacan. I found some seeds in both but wonder if they are worth saving. I cut both early as they were in one of my lesser mixes of soil and were not doing much anyway. Making room for the longbottom skunk x gogi which looks like its going to be special. 18" plants have stems the size of my thumb. I don't think I'll be using much support for these babies. I'll put up some pix when they start to show sex.
Stay warm and send someone else out there to be in the cold and nasty. That is what they make those young boys for.:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Greetings from a very frozen Wisconsin friends.
Looks like the weather people were right about this cold snap. I think it's all the way up to about 15 or so below zero and not going to warm up much more today, in fact it's not looking like it will be above zero degrees until sometime on Friday. Here is what my window thermometer showed just before I left for work this morning. 22 below zero is not a record all time but it is colder than the temps in Alaska and Antarctica today.

you can also try the reddit streams fiddy
ive watched a few game online and the streams work
but im sure the networks website will also have the game online
i hear you brother about wanting to avoid the bars; second to new years the superbowl has to be up there with the days to avoid those places
the polar vortex is coming and its supposed to get cold the next couple days
you hang in there buddy and be sure to play it safe at work
does frostbite alert mean they limit your time outside?
suit up and stay covered up; i hear aspirin also helps treat frostbite but lets hope it dosent come to that
i normally done have to use a heating mat but this winter ive been having terrible luck getting seeds to sprout, the it occurred to me that it was the temps stunting growth
ive had better luck this last batch and i will be posting up about them here soon

you have a great week too brother, we are just about half way through the grind and its all down hill from here

Yep we will find a way to watch the game one way or another. If the app works I can watch on the big screen because my Apple TV connects my tv to the Internet. Our last option is a bar, like you said, it's probably one of the most crowded days to be at one and drinks arnt cheep.
The words polar vortex make me cringe. We had one in 2014 and it was bad. I think it only got above zero degrees like 2 or 3 short times in the whole month of January that year. This is suppose to be much shorter lived and I'm hearing we might get to 30 degrees this weekend. We will see.
Yes we are trying to limit our time outside, just moving the units that need to be moved and leaving the others sit. We have to fill the shops with inventory at night and move it out so we have a place to work during the day so some moving is unavoidable. We have a lot of winter gear including masks and goggles and stuff so we are ok as long as we don't stay out too long. I will be carful and stay in as much as I can. It's hard to believe but we have plenty of customers here today. I think that anyone who volunteers to go out in this weather is crazy. The real danger is if you have a car breakdown and have to walk to safety, most people don't dress for that.
I'm glad you are having better luck with your seedlings and can't wait to have a peek.

Hey Fiddy
I'm in the deep freeze too. Its just barely below zero and the wind is supposed to pick up all day. I loaded my boiler this morning and the wind was totally calm out there. I was expecting at least a 10 to 15 mph event. Guess I just got lucky. I remember 77 when the ohio river froze solid but there was no wind. Usually when it gets this cold we have dead calm but today we get a big blow or so they say. One tip on staying warm in this is to slather on the body lotion all over especially the face. It will make the weather seem 10-15 degrees warmer. I get lubriderm it dosent smell like the church ladies and works well.
This may be a good time for you to visit the trails in the underground cavern bro. Always 60 down there.
I ended up making more crosses with the hermie AG. He, she, it or they whatever the correct intersex term is got in the Bangi and Oaxacan. I found some seeds in both but wonder if they are worth saving. I cut both early as they were in one of my lesser mixes of soil and were not doing much anyway. Making room for the longbottom skunk x gogi which looks like its going to be special. 18" plants have stems the size of my thumb. I don't think I'll be using much support for these babies. I'll put up some pix when they start to show sex.
Stay warm and send someone else out there to be in the cold and nasty. That is what they make those young boys for.:tiphat:

Below zero must be close to record lows down your way brother. It was a little windy yesterday but today it's really blowing hard out there. Wind chill is 50-60 below here today.
Good call on the lotion, I remember people slathering up with Vaseline, in fact the winter surfers still use it on exposed skin so you don't freeze and the water dosent wash it off. I've got masks and goggles but I'm hoping to just limit my exposure and make it through the next couple days.
I really want to hit the caverns, but I don't think I'll be able to untill after my trip to bama in the first week of March. Maybe late March can work out, I'll keep you posted.
I've read that it's risky to grow hermie seeds but some legendary strains were born that way so if you have room have a go. Wow, thumb thickness on a 18' plant is super stout. My LBL crosses are working on 4th and 5th sets of leaves and should take off pretty soon.
You stay warm too brother, warmer air will be here soon.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
an 18" plants stem the thickness of your thumb?!?fiddy got it right when he said wow!
that is a big one and even if she isnt a keeper because of quality it might be something to consider if you ever want to add bulk to your favorite high thc strain
lets see how she grows out and i hope she keeps putting on the weight!
the larges strain i ever grew out was called free leonard, and it was fat
enormous leafs and heavy tops, it just was lacking in the potency dept
i think i still have a few beans somewhere
i agree with f'nut that its a gamble growing out plants you got from a hermi
unless you subjected the mother to a lot of stress it sounds like it might be prone to throwing nanners
/this could ruin a whole garden if you arent careful
you stay warm yourself rhode and dont let the cold get to you too much
us old bones can take a while to thaw so its best to not freeze

happening f'nut
the picture you posted tells a story of a thousand words; i cant imagine how cold that must feel
it gets cold here in socal too but nothing like that brother
im glad you have some good cold weather gear and be sure to use it
take care of yourself
btw, how does eggo handle the cold?
i hear dogs are not as bothered by cold but when it dips down that low its a whole nuther ball game
im almost positive you can stream the game on cbs.com
go there tonight and give it a go; they should have their live programming available online so you can do a test run and see if you can get the game
if not we will get you hooked up on some streams or something
i would say a bar is the absolute last resort, way overpriced like you said and not as fun as being home
hope you are having a great week and things are shaping up nicely for your weekend
only a couple more days to go brother and then its the weeknd
we got this!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
We're having a heat wave here expect to hit 20 today and no wind so it will feel like a banana breeze . Last couple nights have been 3 dog nights for sure. Fiddy you would need 4.
I measured that stem and if I hold my thumb sideways it really is that big, full thumb was an embellishment of the facts. I put the 4 taller ones in to flower a week ago but no sex yet, not even a preflower. Hopefully their clones show a root by the time they show sex.
Since I'm back to my old mix with hybrids most of my plants are looking good. My pheno hunt has the veg room pretty tight till I find the males.
The defoliation experiment is underway and It seems the ones I clean out get stunted compared to the untouched ones. I'm not sold yet on doing it. I wonder if the shade leaves arn't feeding the bud sites under them more than they could feed themselves without the fans. Do you guys get stunted when you do it:tiphat:

Fiddynut

an 18" plants stem the thickness of your thumb?!?fiddy got it right when he said wow!
that is a big one and even if she isnt a keeper because of quality it might be something to consider if you ever want to add bulk to your favorite high thc strain
lets see how she grows out and i hope she keeps putting on the weight!
the larges strain i ever grew out was called free leonard, and it was fat
enormous leafs and heavy tops, it just was lacking in the potency dept
i think i still have a few beans somewhere
i agree with f'nut that its a gamble growing out plants you got from a hermi
unless you subjected the mother to a lot of stress it sounds like it might be prone to throwing nanners
/this could ruin a whole garden if you arent careful
you stay warm yourself rhode and dont let the cold get to you too much
us old bones can take a while to thaw so its best to not freeze

happening f'nut
the picture you posted tells a story of a thousand words; i cant imagine how cold that must feel
it gets cold here in socal too but nothing like that brother
im glad you have some good cold weather gear and be sure to use it
take care of yourself
btw, how does eggo handle the cold?
i hear dogs are not as bothered by cold but when it dips down that low its a whole nuther ball game
im almost positive you can stream the game on cbs.com
go there tonight and give it a go; they should have their live programming available online so you can do a test run and see if you can get the game
if not we will get you hooked up on some streams or something
i would say a bar is the absolute last resort, way overpriced like you said and not as fun as being home
hope you are having a great week and things are shaping up nicely for your weekend
only a couple more days to go brother and then its the weeknd
we got this!

It's hard to describe how that kind of cold feels but it hurts your skin when the air hits it and it hurts your lungs to breath it some. Fingers and toes can get numb in just a couple minutes and frostbite can set in soon after that. It's not something I'd recommend or wish on anyone. If your not dressed for it you can be in big trouble in a hurry.
Eggo dosent seem to mind the cold air but he gets cold paws pretty quickly when the snow and ice pack in. He has webbed feet and they collect the snow. When the ground was dry we would walk 20 minutes or so even on chilly days. Some people here get boots for their dogs to put over their feet and it helps but most dogs don't like wearing things on their feet and it tak s a bit of work to get them to tolerate them. For now we play with the ball in the house, I toss it down the main hallway and he retrieves it, repeat, reapeat. I think he is looking forward to a warm up and more outdoor activities, but will have to wait a while.
The CBS app is working for their normal programming so I think we will be good for the game. Now I just have to plan a menu LOL.
I hope your week is going great too and we are almost through this long week and ready to relax a bit.

Fiddynut

Hello Jungle Tribe
We're having a heat wave here expect to hit 20 today and no wind so it will feel like a banana breeze . Last couple nights have been 3 dog nights for sure. Fiddy you would need 4.
I measured that stem and if I hold my thumb sideways it really is that big, full thumb was an embellishment of the facts. I put the 4 taller ones in to flower a week ago but no sex yet, not even a preflower. Hopefully their clones show a root by the time they show sex.
Since I'm back to my old mix with hybrids most of my plants are looking good. My pheno hunt has the veg room pretty tight till I find the males.
The defoliation experiment is underway and It seems the ones I clean out get stunted compared to the untouched ones. I'm not sold yet on doing it. I wonder if the shade leaves arn't feeding the bud sites under them more than they could feed themselves without the fans. Do you guys get stunted when you do it:tiphat:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Wow 20 sounds like a heat wave to me. It was a degree or two colder this morning than it was yesterday but is suppose to warm up a bit more today and not be as windy. I think we are going to top out at about 5 below zero. But now I'm hearing that it is going to be like 40 degrees by Sunday and that is great news. The only issue is that we might get rain which would freeze immediately as it hits the cold roads and ground. I have over a foot of snow on my roof and rain on top of that will cause some seriously icy gutters. Either way I welcome a warm up and won't complain. I'm glad your garden is doing well. My plant is healthier than any Ive had in a while and I'm happy about that.
I haven't done a lot of defoliation but when I top my plants they stall for a couple days and then take off again so I wouldn't get to worried about it much unless they don't take off soon.

Fiddynut

Quick update and pics

Quick update and pics

Greetings friends.

It's been a while so let's get caught up with what we have going in the jungle. I still have the 6 LBL cross seedlings and they are getting a few sets of leaves so I'm looking for them to take off soon. I'd love to get 4 lady's to take into flower from these but we will see. Here is a couple pics of them.

My one gorilla bubble plant in flower is doing pretty well. She is getting really frosty and the buds are starting to fatten up a bit. She has the lemon lime smell and a sour scent as well. I've been having to put Ina lot of support for her so she must be getting heavy. I think today is day 41 of bloom for her.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
looking good there fiddy!
that lone gorilla girl looks like she is loving all extra space
how long do you expect her to go for? at 41d she is filleing out, but i bet she hasnt plumped up just yet
/i wouldent be surprised to see her double her weight from here
either way, you are going to have some fat tops on your hands brother
with webbed feet, maybe eggo has some lab in him man
have you ever taken him to the lake ,how does he like getting wet?
some dogs love water and it sounds like hes made for swimming with his webbed feet
that is so cool that you guys play indoors!
i used to play with ukie the same way inside the house too; just like you said tossing a ball or something across the room and letting her go for it
me and my nephew would even play the same way , running oaklahoma drills in the hallway and stuff like that
...spends a few moments reminiscing #big smiles
thats great that the tv app works and i hope you enjoy the game this weekend,fiddy
keep me posted on what your ideas for food are fiddy but this year is starting off pretty
we have these crab puff things we got at costco and a bunch of arrachera steak so crab and carne asada; im totally down with that
add in the liquor and its game on

its not unusual for the plants to experience some mild shock at first rhode, but they should bounce back in a few days just like they would after being topped
the shade leafs do feed the plant but the also block the light so you want to find that balance between taking off too much and just enough
so are you able to run a side by side with two identical plants?
/one trimmed and on without?
that would be so cool
if you still notice pronounced stunting after, maybe try adding a mycorrhizal fungi to help lessen the shock?
sounds like you are in jack frosts sight too and i hope you and yours stay warm and safe this winter brother

so weve made it through another work week and this weekend is the big football game! i cant wait
lets all stay warm and safe fellas' (and of course nicely toasted too)
go rams!

Fiddynut

looking good there fiddy!
that lone gorilla girl looks like she is loving all extra space
how long do you expect her to go for? at 41d she is filleing out, but i bet she hasnt plumped up just yet
/i wouldent be surprised to see her double her weight from here
either way, you are going to have some fat tops on your hands brother
with webbed feet, maybe eggo has some lab in him man
have you ever taken him to the lake ,how does he like getting wet?
some dogs love water and it sounds like hes made for swimming with his webbed feet
that is so cool that you guys play indoors!
i used to play with ukie the same way inside the house too; just like you said tossing a ball or something across the room and letting her go for it
me and my nephew would even play the same way , running oaklahoma drills in the hallway and stuff like that
...spends a few moments reminiscing #big smiles
thats great that the tv app works and i hope you enjoy the game this weekend,fiddy
keep me posted on what your ideas for food are fiddy but this year is starting off pretty
we have these crab puff things we got at costco and a bunch of arrachera steak so crab and carne asada; im totally down with that
add in the liquor and its game on

its not unusual for the plants to experience some mild shock at first rhode, but they should bounce back in a few days just like they would after being topped
the shade leafs do feed the plant but the also block the light so you want to find that balance between taking off too much and just enough
so are you able to run a side by side with two identical plants?
/one trimmed and on without?
that would be so cool
if you still notice pronounced stunting after, maybe try adding a mycorrhizal fungi to help lessen the shock?
sounds like you are in jack frosts sight too and i hope you and yours stay warm and safe this winter brother

so weve made it through another work week and this weekend is the big football game! i cant wait
lets all stay warm and safe fellas' (and of course nicely toasted too)
go rams!

Gorilla girl is a great name for her, and one of my favorite dead milkmen songs too, if I keep her around I will call her the gorilla girl cut. She looks nice and seems happy so I'm happy with her. I hope she does double in weight, that would be great and would be a nice yeild for one plant that was suppose to have 3 sisters to share the space with. I'm guessing she might go 60 days but seems pretty far along for her time so might finish up a little earlier.
Eggo might have some lab in him indeed. The foster we got him from lived on a lake up north and said he loved to swim. He would jump off the end of the pier chasing his tennis ball. He loves boat rides too. By the time we adopted him the lakes were frozen up north and way too cold to swim down here so we haven't gotten to see how he swims yet but as soon as spring hits and the lakes come up to temps we will take him and let him swim. Swimming is great exercise for a puppy and I'm looking forward to taking him. Maybe we can even take him surfing on the big pond when we get some summer waves.
I feel like playing indoors is the least we can do for him right now. He needs to be active and do some play or he gets restless. A restless puppy can be trouble but he is really good about not chewing things up and stuff. If it warms up as much as they are thinking we might take him to the dog park this weekend and see how he does. I'm glad you got to do some reminiscing and it brought a smile to your face, good memories are important to think about from time to time.
It sounds like your going to have some great surf and turf on Sunday. I love some good carne asada and that sounds great. Chips and guacamole would be great with that too. I'm thinking about a pot of chilli to eat off of all day and maybe some ribs that I can do on the early side for something smoky. I'll have to do some snacks too, it's going to be a long day.
I, too am glad the week is about over and looking forward to some relaxing and feasting.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

It's been a while so let's get caught up with what we have going in the jungle. I still have the 6 LBL cross seedlings and they are getting a few sets of leaves so I'm looking for them to take off soon. I'd love to get 4 lady's to take into flower from these but we will see. Here is a couple pics of them.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79109&pictureid=1919140&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79109&pictureid=1919139&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

My one gorilla bubble plant in flower is doing pretty well. She is getting really frosty and the buds are starting to fatten up a bit. She has the lemon lime smell and a sour scent as well. I've been having to put Ina lot of support for her so she must be getting heavy. I think today is day 41 of bloom for her.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1919141&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1919143&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72539&pictureid=1919142&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Damn Fiddynuts,

That girl is looking quite frosty. How long are you going to take her. I haven't grown any glue crosses, I am assuming around 10 weeks. She is spread out nicely. Should be some serious colas in a month.

My plants are chugging along nicely. I have one frosted cherry cookies that is kinda unhappy. The rest are doing great. I am trying to get that cranky girl happy.

I have been thinking about changing up the nutes. Mabey going with a more organic approach. Mabey general organics, or Vegmatrix or possibly Mills nutrients. I like veg & bloom but it's hard to get a good fade. Flush takes 3 weeks

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'fan
glad to hear your plans are doing well and i hope you figure out whats the deal with the grumpy girl
are you catching any smells off they or are they still too young?

that sounds like a lot of fun taking eggo out in the water
here in san diego they have this surf dog thing where they have dogs that actually ride the waves!
maybe you will have yourself a new surfing buddy!
so i decided to take monday off next week
im really looking forward to the superbowl and cant wait for the game
i picked up a thing of avocados today so i will probably make some guac'
ribs sound awesome but we are on for some weather this weekend so it might not be the ideal conditions for smoking meat outdoors
i will still go outside and grill the steak but the temps would be all over the place smoking stuff
i cant wait: a three day weekend, the house to myself tomorrow and a great match up for the superbowl
its gonna be on brother!

Fiddynut

Damn Fiddynuts,

That girl is looking quite frosty. How long are you going to take her. I haven't grown any glue crosses, I am assuming around 10 weeks. She is spread out nicely. Should be some serious colas in a month.

My plants are chugging along nicely. I have one frosted cherry cookies that is kinda unhappy. The rest are doing great. I am trying to get that cranky girl happy.

I have been thinking about changing up the nutes. Mabey going with a more organic approach. Mabey general organics, or Vegmatrix or possibly Mills nutrients. I like veg & bloom but it's hard to get a good fade. Flush takes 3 weeks

Good afternoon Packerfan.
She does have a nice sparkle to her dosent she. I really don't know how long she will go but I can check my notes from the last time I grew her sister. I hope she dosent want to go 4 more weeks because I'm going to be in Alabama for the first week of March. She sure is spread out and getting plenty of light all over. Unless I have issues with her I'm defenatly going to run 4 clones of her and see what she is like when I use my normal 4 plant flower run. Her lemon lime soda scent is getting stronger and I'm really starting to look forward to getting to try a puff.

I'm glad your garden is happy and I hope your cranky girl gets it turned around. Are they all in hempy's? Are you doing coco hempy or perlite? I'd think that type of system would be fun to try someday.

I've been wanting to go with a more natural style of growing as well brother. Every time I've started delving into the organic and no till threads I get intimidated by all the ingredients and cook time and so many different mixes. This run I made a big step by amending my soil with the rock powders and using molasses. I feel like this is the start of a process that will lead to me building my own soil and not having to rely on bottles of nutes. I'm not going to change everything overnight but I hope to change a bit every run. Even though this grow is not yet finished I feel that the changes I made in the soil have improved this run allready.

Fiddynut

happening p'fan
glad to hear your plans are doing well and i hope you figure out whats the deal with the grumpy girl
are you catching any smells off they or are they still too young?

that sounds like a lot of fun taking eggo out in the water
here in san diego they have this surf dog thing where they have dogs that actually ride the waves!
maybe you will have yourself a new surfing buddy!
so i decided to take monday off next week
im really looking forward to the superbowl and cant wait for the game
i picked up a thing of avocados today so i will probably make some guac'
ribs sound awesome but we are on for some weather this weekend so it might not be the ideal conditions for smoking meat outdoors
i will still go outside and grill the steak but the temps would be all over the place smoking stuff
i cant wait: a three day weekend, the house to myself tomorrow and a great match up for the superbowl
its gonna be on brother!

I hope you had a great weekend. I guess we didn't get the best game on Sunday but that's life. I hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing Monday off. I took today off too.
I think I've seen video of surfing dogs and it would be cool if Eggo could ride a wave someday. I wonder if he might be able to ride on my stand up paddle board with me? I'm looking forward to summer for a lot of reasons and swimming with him is one of them.
You weren't kidding about the rain out by you, I watched supercross form San D on Saturday night and the track was a sloppy mess. I haven't seen that much mud racing in a long time. You guys must have gotten a lot of rain in a short time.
I didn't make the ribs but I smoked the chuck roast that I made the chili with so I got my BBQ and my chili fix all in one. I ate way too much food yesterday so time to get back on track and to the gym today. Let's kick some ass this week brother.

packerfan79

Veteran
She does have a nice sparkle to her dosent she. I really don't know how long she will go but I can check my notes from the last time I grew her sister. I hope she dosent want to go 4 more weeks because I'm going to be in Alabama for the first week of March. She sure is spread out and getting plenty of light all over. Unless I have issues with her I'm defenatly going to run 4 clones of her and see what she is like when I use my normal 4 plant flower run. Her lemon lime soda scent is getting stronger and I'm really starting to look forward to getting to try a puff.

I'm glad your garden is happy and I hope your cranky girl gets it turned around. Are they all in hempy's? Are you doing coco hempy or perlite? I'd think that type of system would be fun to try someday.

I've been wanting to go with a more natural style of growing as well brother. Every time I've started delving into the organic and no till threads I get intimidated by all the ingredients and cook time and so many different mixes. This run I made a big step by amending my soil with the rock powders and using molasses. I feel like this is the start of a process that will lead to me building my own soil and not having to rely on bottles of nutes. I'm not going to change everything overnight but I hope to change a bit every run. Even though this grow is not yet finished I feel that the changes I made in the soil have improved this run allready.

Hey Fiddynuts,

Sounds like you are making good progress with the new soil amendments. Lemon lime soda sounds interesting. I know how nice it is when you watch a plant sprout to harvest, to the first toke. I am weird about my weed, I don't like to try it till its been cured for at least a week. This last time a couple jars I only got to try the last little bit.

The hempys are 1.5 gallin trash cans. I drill a 3/4 in hole 2 in up the side. I fill the bottom with chunky perilite, and fill the rest of the way with coco. Works really well. The perilite worke like a small reservoir.

Man that was a crappy super bowl. I would have won 125$ on the pool of Pat's didn't get the last field goal.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts,

Sounds like you are making good progress with the new soil amendments. Lemon lime soda sounds interesting. I know how nice it is when you watch a plant sprout to harvest, to the first toke. I am weird about my weed, I don't like to try it till its been cured for at least a week. This last time a couple jars I only got to try the last little bit.

The hempys are 1.5 gallin trash cans. I drill a 3/4 in hole 2 in up the side. I fill the bottom with chunky perilite, and fill the rest of the way with coco. Works really well. The perilite worke like a small reservoir.

Man that was a crappy super bowl. I would have won 125$ on the pool of Pat's didn't get the last field goal.
I'm with you on trying to wait for my harvest to get a little cure time before sampling. My first couple harvests I was in such a hurry I don't think I even got the stuff all the way dry before sampling. It's much better when your first sample is actually ready and gives you a decent representation of what you have.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening f'nut
yeah, im kind of let down by the way the football season ended but thats how the game goes
the better team did win and it was a fun season overall
/and being a former charger fan im used to dissapointment
i bet you could teach eggo to ride on the sup (stand up paddle) and from there launch him into his own waves
it would be easy to teach him to jump on board when you guys go to the water and then just paddle around so he can get used to balancing on water
i bet it wouldent take long at all and that would be the coolest thing to be able to paddle around with your dog!
its been really coming down the past couple days but it looks like the worse is behind but its been a wet year
so football is over and i can get back intot he garden and start getting back in shape for the spring
i ahve some sprouts i need to up pot and i will get them under a bigger light here soon
even tho ive been walking a lot this winter i still feel like ive put on a few pounds and kind of let myself go
but im feeing really good especailly for this time of year and im hoping to take my fitness to the next level
time to get back into the game and make things happen brother!
we are already kicking ass this week and we are going to kick ass this whole year brother!

Fiddynut

happening f'nut
yeah, im kind of let down by the way the football season ended but thats how the game goes
the better team did win and it was a fun season overall
/and being a former charger fan im used to dissapointment
i bet you could teach eggo to ride on the sup (stand up paddle) and from there launch him into his own waves
it would be easy to teach him to jump on board when you guys go to the water and then just paddle around so he can get used to balancing on water
i bet it wouldent take long at all and that would be the coolest thing to be able to paddle around with your dog!
its been really coming down the past couple days but it looks like the worse is behind but its been a wet year
so football is over and i can get back intot he garden and start getting back in shape for the spring
i ahve some sprouts i need to up pot and i will get them under a bigger light here soon
even tho ive been walking a lot this winter i still feel like ive put on a few pounds and kind of let myself go
but im feeing really good especailly for this time of year and im hoping to take my fitness to the next level
time to get back into the game and make things happen brother!
we are already kicking ass this week and we are going to kick ass this whole year brother!

Your right, every game can't be a great one and maybe the couple week lay off was too much time off for them or they lost focus on the offensive side of the ball anyway. I'm use to disappointment as well, I've been disappointing people my whole life LOL.
I'm really looking forward to getting Eggo in the water and hopefully on the SUP. I think that swimming is going to be really good for him. He is really strong and needs lots of exercise to make him tired, and we all know a tired dog is a well behaved dog. I'm hoping that I can work with him on recall and off leash manners so that he can be off leash when we go up to the cabin. I had him off leash in the yard when we first got him and he took off on me and he is so fast. Luckily he just ran a couple houses down and then straight back home. I took off after him and he passed me comming the other way and was in the house when I got back. Rufus was so good about staying close off leash that I never had to worry about letting him run free. Eggo is a bit of a diffrent story.
I'm glad that the weather by you is clearing up a bit. But you guys needed the rain and hopefully the grass will be green this spring for you.
I spent a couple hours in the jungle this morning transplanting the seedlings and the 2 GB moms. I decided to keep both GB moms even thought they are from the same plant so that I've got more tops to cut off and go in the closer. The 6 LBL crosses are starting to take off and are now in 6" pots with my new soil mix.
I know I've put on a few pounds over the hollidays but don't sweat it brother. Spring is the time to get back into the swing of things and shed those pounds. I've got to start to punch my gym routine a bit so that I can ride faster when the trails open back up around here. Let's get to it and kick some serious ass this year brother!

Rodehazrd

I've been wanting to go with a more natural style of growing as well brother. Every time I've started delving into the organic and no till threads I get intimidated by all the ingredients and cook time and so many different mixes. This run I made a big step by amending my soil with the rock powders and using molasses. I feel like this is the start of a process that will lead to me building my own soil and not having to rely on bottles of nutes. I'm not going to change everything overnight but I hope to change a bit every run. Even though this grow is not yet finished I feel that the changes I made in the soil have improved this run allready.[/QUOTE]

Hey Fiddy
I'm glad you're liking the 653 rock powder amendment. I bet you will get better terps from the added Gypsum. Don't be discouraged by cook times , as you see just adding the extra calcium helps. IMHO if you just chuck in the mix and soak it down with some microbe/fungi tea it helps a lot and any cook time you let it go is better than none. Four weeks works well for me but I use it when I need it cooked or not. I like to bubble some WC with some corn syrup, azobacker, myco and massive P for a couple days then pour it on the amended soil mix.
Even with a longer cook time on the mix I don't think you can altogether get rid of the bottles. You can cut it by 75% or so and if you're using expensive nutes that means a lot to me. But to push the girls to their peak I think more is needed. Currently I'm still using the fishy ferts for that. I tried adding more things (feather meal,bone char, Horse manure) to the mix but just never was happy with my efforts.
This run I have in now I'm using a trick I got from growingcrazy. I'm disolving 1/3 cup of gypsum into 8 oz of fish hydrolysate before adding it to the 5 gal of water. So far so good. More calcium and sulfur who could ask for more?
Enjoy the warm spell:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts