What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!
what a great weekend and this week is off to a good start

our sunday was off the hook my man; such feasting, fiddy!
we ended up making stuffed potatpes, where you make a mashed potatoe and then fill the skins with that
we added bacon and cheese , plus a little greek yogurt for the creamy and tartness
i used to make these all the time and now i remember why!
the girl absolutely loved them and even had them for breakfast the next morning
we plan on making them again but with a different filling
we also made spinich dip and stuff jalapenos, the mrs baked a loaf of fresh bread, plus a buffalo chicken dip
i ended up snacking it all day sunday while enjoying my football
i think you can have healthy appetizers too, fiddy
like the spinich dip isnt that bad, we used greek yogurt instead of sour cream and it was still rich and tasty
we had celery too and a good veggie platter makes for fun and easy dipping
if you ahve any ideas, be sure to share them and we can even think of ways to healthy them up a bit (mrsChicky is really good at doing this part)
/feasting season is right around the corner so its time to start thinking of good food recipies
did you get to watch any of the games this sunday?
hope your having a great start to the fall

thanks p'fam!
we ended up taking down all the plants this past weekend
my buddys neighbor offered to replace all the fence between their houses, but wanted to start the work this week
the tahoe, bodhi were done, the peyote purple was just about there and the malawi/orange earth was close enough
we have a bunch of trimming to do but we are looking at about a pound of prime, plus a bunch of larf/ trim
i got some new bubble bags off amazon and plan on making a bunch of hash, plus my buddy and the mrs want edibles
i recently got my hands on some high cbd seeds from the vault*
they are called fruity jack, from philosopher seeds
i will probably run some of these soon and if i find anything interesting i will save a cut for you
yeah i have some of the tahoe and bodhi growing indoors
i will post up about them soon

way to go fins and lets see how long they can ride this win streak
while i dident figure them to be a top team this season, you always have one or two cinderella teams step up
dream on brother and enjoy every game!

*vault seeds are a vendor here in IC mag and these guys kick ass!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hey pop_rocks :) I am here and there, I have so many threads to keep track of I normally just lurk and read everybody's rad posts. I check in on this thread at least once a week I got it followed, but you guys post a ton so it's mostly just me reading to get caught up :D I've got a new quantum board and a flower tent setup but now that that's done it's back to the waiting game and honing my cloning game, I feel pretty confident. Fingers crossed my outdoor plants get far enough along to harvest before the weather beats them down.

i can dig it man how busy the board can get and am glad you can stop by once in a while to leave a comment
keep on lurking brother but say hello to let us know you are around
cloning can br tricky, but find what works for you and then run with it
how are you doing it right now?
how many watts is your led? im very interested in hearing all i can about them
i am interested in setting up a tent wiht one myself, but am dragging my feet on that
why did you choose this particular system?
when do you expect your first hard frost? the plants can tollerate a few cold nights but once it freezes its pretty much done
if you can, construct a simple green house to hold in some of the warmth but i dont know what your outdoor set up is like so maybe thats not something you can do
glad to see you around bruh and hope you have a great harvest!

Badfishy1

Hope all is well pops. Nah if honest, I only cared about the dolphins one season the season after the 2-14 season... I made a ridiculous bet for a bottle of liquor (can’t remember what exactly as at the time I was by all means a raging alcoholic/ junky) that they would make the playoffs and they did! I really prefer college ball if totally honest. I’m a tide fan through and through as I think Saban is a legendary coach. I also root for Wisconsin as I have been to many of their home games when I would visit fam in Wisco. Spotted cow (wisco only beer) and Madison home openers were how I spent quite a few late summers/ beginning of fall since out of fishing season. As far as pro sports are concerned, I like certain athletes more than teams. I think atm 2 of the 3 major sports have ‘All time greatest’ playing. Brady and Lebron are IMO the greatest to have played their sport. I like watching any good quality competition. Doesn’t matter if it’s horse racing or football or basketball or rugby or hell lumberjack competition, I like watching the best of the best compete

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those are some goat players for sure fish', (brady and bron')
i know what you mean about enjoying watching people perform at the top of their game and we are lucky to be able to enjoy watching these guys play
(growing up, it was montana and jordan)
i spent some time in fla so i will always root for the dolphins, but they arent the team the used to be

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone is well and your gardens are happy.

@Packerfan. That sucks they didn't have the game on in your market, but you didn't miss much except the pack pissing a lead away late and unable to score in overtime. At least the defense stepped up in OT and didn't allow them to win the game.

@pop_rocks. It sounds like you had a great weekend brother! The loaded potato skins sound great. I've made similar versions and you are right they are good, filling and it's easy to do a bunch of them. You can even freeze them and thaw and bake them at a later time. The spinach dip, stuffed jalapeños, bread and buffalo chicken dip sound great too! For sure I need to get my appetizer and snack game going again. I've been in the habit of eating bigger meals and not snacking much but your so right when you say that the feasting season is almost here. I will put some thought into it and report back. I did do some bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeños in the air fryer last weekend, they were good. I also did a whole chicken in it, kind of a rotisserie style and it turned out great. I've got a bunch of left over chicken so I'm going to make a chicken and sausage gumbo tonight. It's cooled down a bit outside and warm food is sounding good again.

@Badfishy. Too bad the Badgers lost to an unranked team on Saturday. They were well positioned to climb the ranks, but I don't think they can do better than a New Year's Day bowl game now. If you come to visit your fam we defenatley have to get together for some spotted cows. I know what you mean about wanting to see the best compete. The motorcycle racing that I'm into has a lot of that going. The last 20 years there has been some incredible talent in supercross with McGrath and Carmichael. And in motogp Rossi was as dominant as anyone ever has been in road racing.

Badfishy1

Yeah RIP Rossi! Used to be into GP a lot. Watch f1 when home. Don’t really care for left hand turn racing but will watch some 1/4 mile drags. Family is all in Milwaukee area now. MAY go back if gramps finally cashes in his chips but he’s been circling the drain for years so god only knows his plan for that him. Yeah sounds horrible but gramps hasn’t been right in 10 years. Hope everyone is doing well

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the mrs was saying how we should make extras and then freeze them too
i figure we could freeze them on a cookie sheet them just dump them into a bag
we might do that if we have any left overs, but these things go fast
how do you like your air fryer? the mrs keeps hinting at getting one but our friend who had one a while back said they arent really worth it
but just like oven baked fries, its a little different but still good
nothing beats deep fried, but its a lot of work and clean up, not to mention the grease in the veins
we have been really stepping it up and at consistently hitting 100k steps+ a week
the mrs is looking great and i feel like im 15y younger!
i hear you about cutting out the snacks and just sticking to meal time but im thinking a meal of finger foods is still ok as long as you play it smart
(think like a tapas bar where you just eat a few small plates of a lot of different things)
this weekend is going to be off the hook! our boy comes back from his vacation overseas, plus my nephew will be around
i am super excited about the weekend; chargers play the rams sunday im thinking about taking monday off
only a couple more days to go and then its time for fun!

Rodehazrd

Hello jungle tribe
Thanks for all the advice on getting rid of the Borg. Have not seen another bug yet but I'm still wary, changing cl1othes before entering the rooms.

@ Poprocks I'm with you on getting a LED light. Those 10 watt dual chips look good to me and they are getting cheap. I found one on walmart's site with 100 chips for $69. Delivery is set for early October. With the trade wars heating up I may get several if it even powers up. There's no rocket science there just a power supply a couple fans and those 10 watt chips. I'll keep posted on what I experience.

@ Packerfan Dude if that nephew is 10 and not reading you need to declare an emergency. He's dislexic or has some learning issue. I had a lady friend long ago with a 12 year old son who didn't read. He would say i'm dumb I can't. I got him in a program and found he was dislexic ,his tutor I found did her masters on just that. He went from failing to a

B student in one year. He opened up and found out he was funny and smart. He's in his 50's now and is a countermeasures tech. on black hawk choppers. I'm proud of him and more important he's proud of himself. Going into teen years self esteem is paramount.
@ Badfishy I was hoping you were a Gator fan and we could talk about the Ky football team. First time they won in the swamp ever. Anyway go Cats.

Badfishy1

Nah fire at will! I h8 the gators. Really don’t like any Fl. Teams other than the jimmy Johnson era Canes. LOVE watching Fl teams lose <3

packerfan79

Veteran
Hello jungle tribe
Thanks for all the advice on getting rid of the Borg. Have not seen another bug yet but I'm still wary, changing cl1othes before entering the rooms.

@ Poprocks I'm with you on getting a LED light. Those 10 watt dual chips look good to me and they are getting cheap. I found one on walmart's site with 100 chips for $69. Delivery is set for early October. With the trade wars heating up I may get several if it even powers up. There's no rocket science there just a power supply a couple fans and those 10 watt chips. I'll keep posted on what I experience.

@ Packerfan Dude if that nephew is 10 and not reading you need to declare an emergency. He's dislexic or has some learning issue. I had a lady friend long ago with a 12 year old son who didn't read. He would say i'm dumb I can't. I got him in a program and found he was dislexic ,his tutor I found did her masters on just that. He went from failing to a

B student in one year. He opened up and found out he was funny and smart. He's in his 50's now and is a countermeasures tech. on black hawk choppers. I'm proud of him and more important he's proud of himself. Going into teen years self esteem is paramount.
@ Badfishy I was hoping you were a Gator fan and we could talk about the Ky football team. First time they won in the swamp ever. Anyway go Cats.

Hey Rodehazard,

The reason my nephew can't read is because his mom was more concerned about getting tweaked out, and keeping the boys from their dad, than sending them to school. The reason she lost custody in the first place was due to them never going to school. Obviously th hey should have been reading before they started school, but she never worked with the kids.
She dropped the kids off at my mother in law and disappeared for a few months. My wife and mother in law worked with them but then she popped back up and apparently never did anything to help the boys after that. Now 4 years later they are still in the same place. Its child abuse of you ask me

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
i can dig it man how busy the board can get and am glad you can stop by once in a while to leave a comment
keep on lurking brother but say hello to let us know you are around
cloning can br tricky, but find what works for you and then run with it
how are you doing it right now?
how many watts is your led? im very interested in hearing all i can about them
i am interested in setting up a tent wiht one myself, but am dragging my feet on that
why did you choose this particular system?
when do you expect your first hard frost? the plants can tollerate a few cold nights but once it freezes its pretty much done
if you can, construct a simple green house to hold in some of the warmth but i dont know what your outdoor set up is like so maybe thats not something you can do
glad to see you around bruh and hope you have a great harvest!
I have a DWC cloner that I setup under a 30watt UFO led. Normally leave them in about a week or a week and a half, then move them over to rapid rooters. I've had the best luck that way instead of moving them directly from cloner to soil. When I go directly to soil I tend to lose the bottom 1-3 nodes to yellowing out, but with the rapid rooters they seem to "take" better.

My new led is 2x QB288 V2 on the HLG slate heatsink.
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/qb288-v2-slate-2-double-combo?variant=12288115310684 being driven by a Meanwell HLG-240H-C2100A. Threw a pic at bottom. The driver can pull about 250 watts total, I have them dimmed to ~80% or so, I believe the killawatt said it's pulling about 200 watts. I'm way more impressed with the penetration on the QB288 than I am with the 2 vipar spectra 300's it is replacing and I'm not even running it at full blast! I went with the quantum boards cause of all the awesome grows I've seen with them, and I started with LED and want to try to remain using LED so heat isn't a major issue.

What else, looks like almanac says average first frost is 9/16 for me here, which fuck, I hope global warming maybe pushes that back a week or 3 :D My outdoor is on a friend's property, so me being able to greenhouse/hooptent it depends on convincing them. Plus it not being an eyesore :) Hoping I can sneak in another 3-4 weeks of flower at least., that will be the "supposed" flower time on my Animal and a week or two after that for my Liberty Haze. Much love to everybody in the thread and I hope your harvests turn out bountiful! :tiphat:
picture.php

Fiddynut

Happy Thursday friends.

@Badfishy. I'm with you on not being very interisted in oval racing. The only left turn racing I like is motorcycle flat track on dirt, it's fun because the bikes are sideways the whole way around. Sorry about your grandfather, I hope he isn't suffering.

@pop_rocks. Yes for sure freezing them individually and then bagging them would be a great method. Like we've talked about before, if they all get eaten right away they must be really good. And they arnt that much work to make fresh so maybe that's the best way with skins.
So far I'm liking the air fryer. It's like a small oven that heats up quick and has a powerful convection fan. It cooks nice and quickly and dosent heat up the kitchen like the oven does. I'd say that it's great for doing things you'd do in the oven but don't need as much space as the oven has. I did a while chicken in it the other night in like an hour which seemed really quick. It turned out better than any whole chicken I've done and clean up is a breeze. For some things good old fat frying is the only way but it sure does make a mess. That's great that you are getting your steps in and feeling great. 100k is a solid number and I'm glad that the Mrs and you can share in the good health and good feelings. Sounds like you have a great weekend all lined up. Just a couple days and your there. I'd say take Monday off if you can, any day not at work is a good day!

@AgentPothead. That is very interisting about going from DWC cloner to rooter plugs, I haven't heard of that before. I get some yellowing in my clones if I try to go into dirt too quick or have the light too close. I've found that I need to keep my 200w t5 light 2-3 feet above the cloner or the clones "eat themselves" and I get yellow leaves.
That LED looks cool. What size tent is that in and how much weight do you pull from a flower run?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
@Fiddynut I honestly never heard of it either, I ran out of 4 inch pots and I had cuttings to take out of the cloner to make room for new cuttings, so I stuck them in my leftover root riots and didn't even expect them to survive. 2 days later I had roots popping out the riots and 2 days after up-potting those to new 4 inch pots, had roots popping out the bottom of the 4 inchers. I'm gonna keep trying it this way and see if it was a fluke or what. The only had calluses & root nodes on the stems when moved into the riots, they weren't full on rooting yet. I don't think putting one that's already rooting into root riots would help any, and probably just end up damaging the roots already there.

Veg tent lights are about 3 feet from the ground, 2 vipar spectra 300's. Grow tent's are both 2 feet x 4 feet and 5 feet tall. Clone tent is a 2x2x4 footer with a 30watt at the wall UFO. Don't really notice any yellowing in the clone tent I figure 30 watt just is giving them enough to survive, but not really grow a ton. Putting them into the vipar tent it's such a huge increase in light they instantly kick into overdrive and like you say they start "eating themselves", but it doesn't seem as bad with these riots. I just got this second flower tent setup, before I was flowering under the vipar spectras, and honestly, for a first time grower I was super excited, but the penetration on them is shit for growing tall plants. If you keep it short and bushy they were OK but not incredible. I think my best yield in 1 run so far has been only .7gpw, taking into account that the vipars really run ~128watts a piece and not at the 300 they advertise it as a replacement for. I'm really excited to see how this new HLG performs, the light penetration is so much better than those vipars and like I said I'm only running the HLG at 80%. These pictures are exactly 1 week apart in the new flower tent. There are 2 extra plants in the tent second week. Clones, my plants aren't reproducing on their own yet. Yet. :laughing:

picture.php
picture.php

Badfishy1

Looking good AP. Nah fiddy, gramps is so whacked out I’m sure life is great! Think he is somewhere in his 90’s. Came over after WWII from Germany. Drinks beer room temp old world style. He had a good run!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
how big are the tops you are getting agentP'?
you say you dont feel like you are getting much penetration but your plants look good, whats the distance between nodes on the bigger plants?
even if the light dosent reach that far into the canopy, im a big fan of trimming off all the lower growth anyway so that might not be too much a problem for me
very interesting procedure going from aero clonner to a RRcube; ive never tried that but maybe you are tapping into the best of both worlds
looks like im not the only one interested so keep us updated on how things grow, brother

hope your week is moving along f'nut
we have a convection toaster oven with a "turbo" setting on it but maybe the air fryer would be better
/like i would never roast a whole chicken in the toaster oven
have you tried making fries or something like that? i know there is no substitute for good old fashion fat frying, but i kind of think some things like tater tots are really good when done right in the oven
any plans for this weekend, brother? how are the trails looking
we were out the other night and i could smell the canyon, its this magical smell of damp and scrub brush and good old fashioned dirt, but it smelled so good
fall is in the air and i cant wait for night riding season to begin
how far along are the plants you have at your friends?
i have some sample buds from the yard' set aside that i will get into this weekend and i am excited to see how it smokes

thats so cool rode' that the little guy was able to get the help he needed to learn to read
i love to read and am always in the middle of a book or two (one at work and another at home); plus i read all kinds of random stuff for fun all the time
/we are all reading right now!
definitely keep us posted on your experience with led lighting

i agree p'fan about what the mom did is child abuse
intelectual/emotional scars can run as deep as any physical abuse
hopefully he is able to catch up and get back on track
im sure you are a good influence on the little guy, you and your kids
it sounds like he got delt a shit hand, but that dosent mean he cant come out a winner in life

tomorrow is friday and i cant wait for the weekend to begin
fall is definitely in the air and i am looking forward to the cooler temps and changing season
/the mrs just informed me that this weekend is the autumnal equinox ;the official start of fall

Fiddynut

Happy Friday guys!

Looks like another week is almost in the books friends. The weather here has been a roller coaster ride with warm and cold fronts and a big swing in temps and precipitation. Yesterday it was in the upper 80's and summer like and today we are looking at highs around 65 with lows in the 40's tonight. We got a lot of rain mid week and I have a feeling the the trails are going to stay too wet to mtn bike this weekend. The fall season is in full swing here today, some trees are starting to change and it feels like we are loosing a lot of daylight every day.

@AgentPothead. That is really cool that you kind of stumbled on the DWC to rooter cloning method! Sometimes I get root bumps but not full roots in my cloner and I will try tossing one in a rooter plug next time. Maybe the transition forces them to put their energy into rooting. I have read and experienced that cuts can sometimes get too comfortable and refuse to root. I use to have that sometimes when I used rooters and a dome, I think the envirment was too comfy for them and they wouldn't root. Sometimes you need to motivate them.
Your plants are looking great. I've never used an LED light but I'm sure the day is coming. .7 gpw is a respectable yeild, especially without scrog or other canopy training methods. I do 4 plants in a 3x3 under a 600 HPS and get 1/2-3/4 per run depending on how much abuse I dish out to my plants.

@Badfishy. That is great that your grandfather has had such a good run. People from that generation are made of tough stuff and have a lot more balls than today's generation. I hear that a warm beer a day keeps the doctor away.

@pop_rocks. I've never had a convection toaster oven but I'd think they would be be pretty similar. I suspect the fryer would have a stronger fan for more convection. I have done fries in the air fryer and they turn out good. I toss the fries in oil first so you still get some of the crispy oilyness. Tater tots would be great in the air fryer for sure. I don't have much planned for the weekend. The trails are wet and probably won't be dry by Sunday but if they are I'll be out there. My brewers are just a couple games back in the NL central and hold the top wild card spot so I'll be keeping an eye on them with just a week to go in the season, gotta love a good pennant race. There is motogp racing and of course football to see this weekend too. The disc golf course should be dry enough to play, gotta get some activities in too. Fall is in the air here too brother. It feels great to get a little seasonal change after a long summer. I haven't been to my friends to check out the plants in a couple weeks but I'm going this weekend for sure. I will put up some pics.

Badfishy1

Ha! More like multiple steins before noon keeps the doctor away! Earliest childhood memories were pouring from the tap in the basement for all the men of the house. Got to drink the head off the beer as payment... lol. Those times have passed I do believe

Badfishy1

And on another note. I started using the root riot plugs. Have been popping seeds in them and am going to start cloning in them. I have NEVER had the roots from seed that I have in those plugs. I would highly recommend them and would bet my bottom dollar they would work awesome for clones

Rodehazrd

Hey Fishey
Are those different from the basic rapid rooters plugs all the grow shops have in generic?

Do you just wet and drop in the seed?
I'm trying to work with small rockwool cubes 1 inch square and not thrilled with them. I soak them in lemon water and azos this last try on some mexisats. I keep an eye out for one of those cloners like fiddy has. He hasen't complained about his for some time. I am close to a remodel in the rooms and that's pretty far down the list. I'm replacing the panda film ceiling with dry wall and changing the veg lighting to a single LED. Now I have 9 clamp lights in there.

Happy growing good to see you around more.:tiphat: