What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
were calling them rachael

were calling them rachael

so my buddy sent me some of the pic from yesterday
the plants are all looking great with nice color and growth
for some reason, we decided their name was rachael; but i took to calling them rachael-[letter to denote strain]
this are the rachael T's (for the tahoe OG cuts i was gifted)
picture.php

View image in gallery

this is the bodhi plant

this one is a malawi

last is a peyote critical, she got off to a slow start but looks like she is starting to get it together
(this is before i took the top off)
im hoping it still has a few more weeks left in veg

the bohdi looks like its going to be finished in mid september (assuming about 8-10w) and im expecting the others in late september/ october
being sativa the malawi will probably be the last to finish

so i also showed my buddy the basics of lst (low.stress training), the twisty-bendy thing where you fold over branches to create a more even profile
you could see the wonder in his eyes as i rolled a branch and then let it flop over, he said he would work on them this weekend
i cant wait to see how they look next week

Badfishy1

Looking good pops! Once he learns LOW stress training, bring him by my garden for an hour... he will have mastered MAX stress training. I’m a bull in a china shop and constantly breaking shit! Thankfully our passion is a resilient plant! Just sprayed the vegetable garden, the yard and all the potted plants with nematodes this morning. Hoping to get ALL pests under control including fleas for doggo! Bought 5 million for around $30. I guess I misread label and the application rate was far less than I thought. Going to go with the 25million next round (next week).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds good fish! im sure both methods have their time and place
/sometimes you have to use a firm hand and show them the way
sometimes i break stuff too, i guess we all misjudge the branch or how far you can bend em
wont the nematodes multiply on their own if conditions are right? we also have used diatomaceous earth in the yard to control fleas and slug pests, you have to apply it when things are dry but it works
completely non toxic to plants and pets but just to be extra safe be sure to get the food grade stuff
hope you are having a great summer, how are the fish biting down where you are at?
here the tuna are running heavy and a friend caught a trophy one the other week
hope you and the fam are all living easy,bruh

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop fresh tuna oh my I could eat a lot of that. You're so lucky to have fresh seafood.

Plants all look good bro. that Bodhi resembles my goji's three dominant leaf pattern. We're just beginning to taste the first run of it after a cure and I'm glad she cloned well, most delicious and nice clear buzz.

Malawi too looks fine is that Ace genetics?

Good luck not catching fire Bro.

packerfan79

Veteran
What is going on jungle mates,

@ pop rocks the outdoor is looking quite nice. I wish I could grow outside. We have some huge outdoor bust around here a few weeks ago. 9,100 plants in 3 locations. The Humongs are pretty deep. Their is a group out of China that buys houses and blows them out. Some say it's funded by people within the Chinese government.
Crazy stuff in this game now.

I picked up the double dos-i pie seeds up last night. Thinking of running these next. My buddy hasn't been able to sell any so most likely a bunch more will come my way in time. He's pulling them out of the bud as he smokes it. Most of the guys we know are scared to run seeds for fear of missing a Male. The same guys will drive 12 hours to Humboldt and drop a couple grand on a tray of the next overhyped clone with mites and PM free of charge lol.

Badfishy1

I always thought the humongs were Vietnamese. Where is he selling the do si pies at? Yes, I’m sure they would reproduce in ideal conditions, but I’m not sure my conditions are ideal. Gonna be safe and reapply. Mahi have been THICK lately from what charter captains are saying. I personally haven’t fished in over a month as I’ve been working on building a new boat and also playing delivery captain for a couple guys I know. Last week was mini season for lobster.... what a miserable time to be on the water

packerfan79

Veteran
I always thought the humongs were Vietnamese. Where is he selling the do si pies at? Yes, I’m sure they would reproduce in ideal conditions, but I’m not sure my conditions are ideal. Gonna be safe and reapply. Mahi have been THICK lately from what charter captains are saying. I personally haven’t fished in over a month as I’ve been working on building a new boat and also playing delivery captain for a couple guys I know. Last week was mini season for lobster.... what a miserable time to be on the water

He is just selling to whoever. His first attempt to make seeds, so I get first crack at them. We were talking about the crazy prices of seeds. Cookie Family has a new cross Cadyrain. Seeds are 800$ a pack. They are giving 20 grand to whoever finds the best pheno.

The Humongs are Vietnamese. The Chinese are just copy cats with the capital to purchase multiple homes. I always wanted to buy a fixer upper and blow it out as I fix it up. We had the chance about 5 years ago, but the wife put a stop to it. Now she's kicking herself. We would have 120k in equity by now. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess.

Sounds like you have been busy Badfishy.

Badfishy1

My ‘off’ season is never relax lol. I have become a decent boat builder, and have made a bit of a name for myself so always something to do. I start w a bare shell and build up from there. If honest, I’m over building boats. Started out of necessity when I was 16 then became extra cash and now has progressed to just a pain in the ass. I think this will be my last full build (but said that last year too). Price of seeds from some places is retarded. That is why I have become partial to Greenpoint and CannaVenture. All are priced around 90/ pk. Both have amazing customer service. Also a fan of lost river. Most of their packs are less than $50 from them. If you go to a seedbank they are between 150-200.... if you love paying mark up, use seedbanks, otherwise most will vend directly

packerfan79

Veteran
My ‘off’ season is never relax lol. I have become a decent boat builder, and have made a bit of a name for myself so always something to do. I start w a bare shell and build up from there. If honest, I’m over building boats. Started out of necessity when I was 16 then became extra cash and now has progressed to just a pain in the ass. I think this will be my last full build (but said that last year too). Price of seeds from some places is retarded. That is why I have become partial to Greenpoint and CannaVenture. All are priced around 90/ pk. Both have amazing customer service. Also a fan of lost river. Most of their packs are less than $50 from them. If you go to a seedbank they are between 150-200.... if you love paying mark up, use seedbanks, otherwise most will vend directly

I have had good luck with cannaventure. I have been on the bodhi bandwagon. I have gotten some crazy deals from glg last xmas I got 2 packs of bodhi and 3 packs of bad dog for 77 bucks. I have been blessed with a bunch of stuff from baked beanz also. My seed collection is pretty good, not like some of the guys here, but I have only been running seeds for 3 years. It's always hard to pick what I want to run.i have seen some nice grows of greenpoint. What have you run from greenpoint?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wait what?!?! $800...thats in U.S. dollars?
i know bean are worth money, but that is crazy expensive
have you checked out the bud your buddy grew? it sounds like a nice cross and i hope you find something great in the bunch
im just lucky my buddy dosent mind a few pot plants in his yard
we talked about them being discovered but he wasnt worried
/ we would be way under limit for medicinal ( we have the card) plus i think you can grow 6 plants per house, even without the card
the mrs would never let me grow out in the open like that

that is cool you are building boats, sounds like a good gig
are these commercail fishing boats or can you also build out those sweet lux boats too
its probably for the best to reapply the nematodes a couple times just to be sure they take

that is great you are happy with smoke you grew and its even better the second time around growing a strain out
i have cuts of all these plants so im looking forward to seeing who makes the grade
yeah, im pretty sure the malawi is an ace variety, but i dont have the pack handy

packerfan79

Veteran
wait what?!?! $800...thats in U.S. dollars?
i know bean are worth money, but that is crazy expensive
have you checked out the bud your buddy grew? it sounds like a nice cross and i hope you find something great in the bunch
im just lucky my buddy dosent mind a few pot plants in his yard
we talked about them being discovered but he wasnt worried
/ we would be way under limit for medicinal ( we have the card) plus i think you can grow 6 plants per house, even without the card
the mrs would never let me grow out in the open like that

that is cool you are building boats, sounds like a good gig
are these commercail fishing boats or can you also build out those sweet lux boats too
its probably for the best to reapply the nematodes a couple times just to be sure they take

that is great you are happy with smoke you grew and its even better the second time around growing a strain out
i have cuts of all these plants so im looking forward to seeing who makes the grade
yeah, im pretty sure the malawi is an ace variety, but i dont have the pack handy

Yup, someone here has a grow with this strain. He got a deal and got them for 500 . We smoked some of the dos-i-do the seeds came from. It was tasty, nice high, I knocked out on the couch shortly after I got home. That Malawi should be interesting.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It's been really nice weather here the last few days, mid to upper 70's and nice and sunny. I got a couple rounds of disc golf in this weekend. I also changed out my tube and got a great mountain bike ride in on Sunday. I did the blue loop at John Muir and even after 12 miles of some very challenging terrain I was wanting more. Maybe if I keep training I can do a little racing soon. All in all I had a great weekend but it sure went quick.

@pop_rocks. Those girls are looking great. Your buddy must be getting a green thumb, and some great advise from you no doubt. That's cool that the bodhi plant is an early girl. I've noticed a lot of variation in size and structure of the bodhi plants, even in the same pack. I think that because of how he breeds and there is something for everyone in his work.

@packerfan. Wow 800$ for a pack of seeds seems nuts. I'm sure that breeders spend a lot of time selecting and stabilizing a line but damn that a lot of cash. I'll stick to my 60-70$ bodhi packs and hunt my way to keepers. I just saw a post from gypsy where he said he was rebuilding seed bay to be like eBay. He wants everyone to be able to sell their seeds directly like you can sell something on eBay. Sounds like a cool idea I hope it works, might open up a lot of new genetics to people. I hope you find good things in those new seeds you have acquired.

@badfishy. Building boats sounds like a lot of work brother. My uncle is into antique wooden boats and he buys them in rough shape and completely rebuilds them and stuff. Good hobby if you have a lot of time.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy!
glad to hear you had a great weekend and were able to get in a nice ride
sounds like you are really enjoying yourself on the mtb ; racing is pretty hard core stuff !
even if you are just competing in the seniors/amateur class, that is taking shit to a whole nother level!
kick ass man and get on with your dab self! (left the typo!!)
keep up the good work, my friend and continue spinning those wheels!
my friend is doing a great job with the plants and im very excited about what im seeing
the plants are looking nice and are well taken care of, they should yeild some nice smoke
i had no idea what to expect from the love triangle, so thanks for the insight
i might just have to crack the rest of the seeds in the pack just to see whats in there
i try and keep things really simple and easy for ol'boy to follow in the garden (take 1oz of this liquid and mix it into 1g clean water/ apply every other watering)
he is a smart guy and has a decent thumb, but most of all he enjoys spending time with the plants and he buys into my system of growing
we talk about different ideas but in the end we stick to the plan and go with what works
/good soils and light feedings
he lets me do most of the pruning and stuff (soil mixes,transplanting,etc) but i want him to be able to do more himself
we have a few different things going on but only one of the plants is proven, so im interested in seeing what comes of all this
i enjoy pheno hunting as much as the next guy, but its hard to imagine that some seeds are worth that much money
at $500 a pack (even when you're totaly getting a deal) that makes each seed worth like what $50?
considering a single plant can produce hundreds of viable seeds, if you do the math,the seeds are worth more than the buds!

Fiddynut

happening fiddy!
glad to hear you had a great weekend and were able to get in a nice ride
sounds like you are really enjoying yourself on the mtb ; racing is pretty hard core stuff !
even if you are just competing in the seniors/amateur class, that is taking shit to a whole nother level!
kick ass man and get on with your dab self! (left the typo!!)
keep up the good work, my friend and continue spinning those wheels!
my friend is doing a great job with the plants and im very excited about what im seeing
the plants are looking nice and are well taken care of, they should yeild some nice smoke
i had no idea what to expect from the love triangle, so thanks for the insight
i might just have to crack the rest of the seeds in the pack just to see whats in there
i try and keep things really simple and easy for ol'boy to follow in the garden (take 1oz of this liquid and mix it into 1g clean water/ apply every other watering)
he is a smart guy and has a decent thumb, but most of all he enjoys spending time with the plants and he buys into my system of growing
we talk about different ideas but in the end we stick to the plan and go with what works
/good soils and light feedings
he lets me do most of the pruning and stuff (soil mixes,transplanting,etc) but i want him to be able to do more himself
we have a few different things going on but only one of the plants is proven, so im interested in seeing what comes of all this
i enjoy pheno hunting as much as the next guy, but its hard to imagine that some seeds are worth that much money
at $500 a pack (even when you're totaly getting a deal) that makes each seed worth like what $50?
considering a single plant can produce hundreds of viable seeds, if you do the math,the seeds are worth more than the buds!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes for sure I'm having a blast on the bike. I remember a couple years ago when we first started talking about getting back on the bike. You told me about your bike rides and shared some pics of where you ride and that really planted the seed to get motivated and get back on the horse. It took me a while to get to the action part of getting back into shape but the talks we had laid the groundwork. Now I'm having so much fun and getting more serious about training for a little racing. I've never raced before (except for motorcycles but that's diffrent) but I feel like it's something I'd like to try. Nothing too serious but just for fun. I'm sure there are a lot of ass kickers in the 40-50 age so it won't be too easy and I'd be cool with riding and finishing mid-pack, at least at first. I've got a ways to go first so my goal is a race next summer and see where it goes from there. Btw I love the 'dab self' typo.:)
There are a couple of bodhi podcast out there that I posted links to a few months back where he talks about his breeding style and how he dosent like to spend a lot of time trying to make a homogeneous strain so much as strains that have some variety in them. Also that his strains are really good for making f2's and finding a lot of diffrent plants. The chem91xSL that I grew had 8 week and 10 week plants in the same pack. The GF's I'm growing have 2 really tall girls 2 really short and one that is kind of in between. All the better to have something for everyone in every pack.
That's great that your buddy is really digging the plants. The fact that he enjoys spending time with the plants is huge. When I started growing I just thought it was a means to an end of getting buds but it's the journey and love for the plants that have been the best part of it. Now I'm able to share that love with my friend who has the outdoor GF's going and can with a couple other family members that have been out ther to see them. Everyone says how beautiful they are and how nice they smell. Keep up the good work there and I can't wait to see how those plants turn out.

Badfishy1

Good day all! Just took a quick browse to catch up. I have done a few road races on my old specialized. Was a lot of fun but REALLY humbling. As fast as I thought I was, there are guys soooooo much faster! I was out riding one morning stepping pretty hard, in the 20 mph range. I looked behind me and saw another rider a little ways back. So thought nothing of it, kept pace and just put my head back down. Not even 30 seconds later I saw a flash of light blue and black rip by... I was in awe at how fast this guy was riding. Couple days later when I was at the bike store grabbing something I asked one of the wrenches who wore light blue and black and passed me like I was standing still. Come to find out a group of 8-10 locals go out to Colorado every summer, live like bachelors 10 in a 2 bedroom house, throw money together to buy 50 lb bags of beans and ride all day and night

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im glad you are having fun on your bike man; it sounds like this has been a great investment in yourself
me and mrsChicky enjoy riding mtb so much and it has been fun sharing the stoke with you,fiddy!
/maybe one day we can all get together for a ride! just dont leave us in the dust there, rocket
that is a honest goal you have to race next year! you can do this and who knows where it will go
spend as much time as you can in the saddle and go for it
regardless of where you finish the first time, you are having fun and pushing your limits
the cool thing is, like fish' said, we all think we are fast until you get passed by another rider
/usually someone on some clunker bike, twice your age, going uphill!
but we are all out there for the same reason, we enjoy riding and its fun being in nature
next time you pass someone on the trail, be sure to smile and wave!
that is so cool about bhodis thoughts on breeding
/could you reposdt the links?
he must have some really good genetics in his stable, all the people i have talked to about his seeds say nice things
i like some variety in a pack of regular seeds, if i was looking for something homogeneous i would just run cuttings
so i talked to my friend last night...actually he called
turns out he was bending some stem last night and one of the plants split
it sounds like she broke along the grain of the fiber and he was able to close the wound so it dosent sounds too bad
it dosent sounds like the stem broke in half like against the grain, it only opened up a bit
ive had this happen to me before and had no problems through flower as long as you are quick to seal the wound
/what you are worried about with this kind of split is moisture getting inside or the opening being a vector for pests to get into the plant
he quickly rejoined the open section as best he could and it sounds like the wound is healing on its own
i will see them this friday and try and get some pics

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Let's start with the links to the bodhi podcasts:
https://soundcloud.com/user-9283505...f-bodhi-seeds-nierika-supernatural-selections
https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-16614181/bodhi-seeds
They are like a part 1 and 2 because they went so long and there was much to talk about. Enjoy listening and learning from him, it's worth the hours to see where he is coming from and get a taste of his philosophy.

@Badfishy. Yes for sure it will be a humbeling experience if I do some racing. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who take riding a lot more seriously than I do and train a lot harder than me. I'd like to try it anyway but know that going in it would be really hard to finish even mid pack. Just hearing about how my friends in Boulder train and how much they ride humbles me.
That's a cool story about the guys at the bike store that go out west and ride all summer. Just having been to colarado myself I saw first hand how much people ride there. Every road has a bike lane and there are paths everywhere. Some commute 20 miles a day to work on their bikes allmost everyday. Great place to train for sure.

@pop_rocks. I had another great ride this morning, a little shorter at about 9.5 miles but a good before work ride. That would be great to ride together someday. I haven't gotten the fuel 90 going yet but I will soon and then I've got an extra bike if you make it out this way. I'd love to see SD someday as well and check out some of the place you ride. I defenatly get passed more than I pass others on the trail, but there seem to be a lot of fast guys on the trails when I ride. Depending on the trail I'm usually doing 6-7 minute miles.
I agree with you about liking some variety in seed packs, like you said you could just run cuts if you didn't want to see diffrent expressions.
I've never broken a stem on one of my plants but I have read a lot about how resilient these plants are. I've read that you can tape them back together and they will usually heal up just fine. Your right that a wound would be a place for infection and bugs to get in and make problems for your plants. I hope she heals up quick and is all the stronger for the experience.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the links bruh! im listening to the first one right now
thats awesome you are able to ride before work
it a fun way to start the day off right and gets the blood flowing
if we ever find ourselves out your way i will be sure to hit you up
we would most likely bring our own bikes or rent some locally, i dont know if both me and the mrs will be able to share the fuel
/she will say im not doing my share of peddling
6-7m miles is a good pace especially for us old guys
im sure the plants are all fine
i knew something was up because of the time he called, but i tihnk it was more him wanting to tell me right away about what happened
i have some of that green plant tape but it sounds like the wound healed up on its own, but i will still bring it with when i visit him this weekend
he liked having the boy come out last friday so much he invited us all back for dinner this friday
we are having him over this saturday for some burgers
i cant wait for the weeeknd
its already august here and summer is in full swing
hope you all are having a great week!

Badfishy1

I snapped a stem with less than 1/4 of fiber still connected, left it alone and everything is fine. I’m not saying to do absolutely nothing with it, but even after doing nothing, she bounced back. Soooo much easier to grow than orchids (my previous horticultural adventure/ addiction). At one point I had over 10k flasked orchids in my fridge. Sheesh wish I would have been able to save them even if I couldn’t save my relationship with my ex lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah, as long as it is still connected to the main stem and the juices will flow it should be fine
it dosent sound too bad but i will be sure to take a look at it this weekend
my mom used to collect orchids/ cymbidiums they are amazing plants man!
some had no smell while others smelled amazing! my favorite was a flower that looked exactly like a wasp!
orchids are not easy to take care of but can be worth the effort