What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ahaha, derp! now i remember
we were talking about barneys farm seeds and you mentioned the strains you had grown
/smack forehead and mutters "im a freaking stoner"

when i flip the rr cube, the bottom has no hole, so i tear the cube a little to make a space for the seed
/sometimes i just pluck out a plug and other times i will tear the cube down the middle
then i just let the cube close itself up or replace the plug, no dirt or anything else
i try not to go any deeper than 1/4", but if the tap root is longer i will tear the cube more to create space
sorry for not being clearer, bruh

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

Happy Wednesday and it sure is nice to be half way done with the week already. With all the activities last weekend I've been going non stop since the beginning of last week and by the time the weekend roles around I'm going to need some down time. I'm going to be doing some planting outdoors at my friends house again this year and we want to get seeds in the ground sometime this weekend. Last year I popped the seeds at my place and transplanted them into the ground at her place. Since autos don't like being transplanted we are going to put seeds right into the ground this year. Also on the list for this year is to try to protect them from insects, last year the leaves took a beating. I'm not going to use any chemical pesticides, maybe some neem and other natural stuff. I might put a couple photoperiod plants in too and hope for a dry fall season.

@pop_rocks. I've been thinking that '18 has been a great year allready too brother. I feel like I've accomplished a lot of goals and feel great. I've also continued to learn about my plants and have had a couple of great harvests this year too. If the rest of the year continues like this it will be one of the best years ever for me!
I'm really looking forward to the dead shows coming up here. Alpine valley is a great outdoor venue and the dead have been playing there since the 1980's. I think my first dead show was in '86 but they played there like 20 times in the 80's. Lots of great memories! Rumor has it that alpine is for sale after this season so this might be the last shows there. They don't allow camping but I know of a gathering just a few miles from the venue so I'll be around a lot of the Wisconsin family heads all weekend.
You are right I need to plan a cabin trip for sure. There isn't a lot of designated mountain bike trails up there but there is a lot of good riding to be done on dirt bike trails and hiking trails, you just need to be careful not to hit any hikers and to make lots of noise so you don't suprise any momma bears with cubs. I'd hate to get mauled by a bear and the only thing I'd like less than that would be to have to shoot one, especially one with cubs. I have a lot of respect for large wild animals.
How are you doing on your steps brother? I was over 161K last week and I feel great. I hope your week is going great too...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother!
im glad to hear you are having a great 2018!
you have been working really hard and doing what it takes to achieve your goals
/ man, you are kicking ass all across the board!
i remember you saying you were throwing a few autos outdoors the other year
i like your idea of going directly into the soil
who knows how far that tap root could grow but i think the size of root is a large determining factor when it comes to the yeild of autos
/maybe arid' or someone more knowedgeable on the subject will chime in
that sucks that you had a lot of problems with bugs, but some areas just have a lot of insects
when the plant is small you can construct a sort of primitive greenhouse or screen to protect the baby, but once it gets bigger that might not be an option
im with you and dont like to use strong pesticides or chemicals
plus with sprays you have to reapply them somewhat often for them to work
/often a pain when growing outdoors depending on how far you ahev to travel
maybe plant chrysanthymums (SP) or other deterent plants around the weed
ive also hear that planting food crops around the pot helps
/an old farmer friend once said that the bugs preferred to munch on his veggies to eating his cannabis crop
hey throw some of your cuttings outside if you ahve them to spare
im sure you take more cuts than you need so why not put a few outdoors and hope for the best
that is so funny you asked about the fitbit because i thought about you while i was walking at work today
i wasnt feeling well last week so i took a few days off but still ended the week with over 70k steps
this week im doing better and already have over 50k in
/today i ahve almost 19,000 and we are going to walk to fudruckers tonight when the mrs gets home
im hoping to hit 100,000 steps for the week
dude, 161k in a week is amazing! that is some high stepping
is this just your normal routine or have you been going the extra mile and walking more when ever you get the chance?
get a bear bell for your bike, my man
/remember that pic i posted a long time ago of our bikes, you can see the silver ball hanging beneath my seat, thats what that is
it also works well for hikers and other riders when you are riding on twisty single track with blind corners
its a nice way of letting anyone around you know you are there and dosent cost a thing
picture.php

View image in gallery

/for reference: the silver ball on the back of the seat of the bicycle in front; it looks like the mrs has hers in front

tomorrow is thursday man and we have this week in the bag!

Rodehazrd

Hey there Y'all

Fiddy try some neem oil spray its not very potent but regular sprays help. I have been using it outside on my Bangi and so far so good. I had a couple of travelers take a bite but nothing settled down to eat the whole leaf. I intend to alternate with Dr Bronners peppermint soap with some lavender drops. Keep them confused, changing smells.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@pop_rocks. What you said about root size and yeild with autos makes a lot of sense and I'm hoping to get the best out of them this year. Last year we transplanted later than I had wanted due to scheduling conflicts and I think it really affected the harvest. I put them in dirt right about the time they started flowering and they stretched way up and didn't get very dense buds. We will see how well the straight into the ground method works. My friend isn't picky but I want to grow her the best buds possable. That is a great idea to put some of my extra cuts out there! They are lady's and I've got quite a few extra depending on how many in the second batch root. Good thinking brother!
Did you end up with over 20K steps for the day? That is a respectable day for sure and puts you on pace to get plenty for the week even if you have a lazy Sunday or something. It looks like 155-160K will be the norm for my weeks, but I get so many (10K+ ) at work everyday and it makes it easy for me to rack them up. I took a nice loop on the mountain bike this morning before work and it was great. Every time I ride the bike I feel stronger and more comfortable on it. The weather was perfict for a ride and I hope we get more days like this.
A bear bell is a great idea! I think I have one that we got for hiking a few years back. I didn't even think of hanging that from the bike but will now. Thanks for the suggestion! Bring on the weekend brother.

@Rodehazrd. I was thinking neem spray too, and maybe some neem meal in the soil as well. I've never used it before but I read a lot of good stuff about it. I have some dr. Bronners organic peppermint sugar soap and it's a really potent peppermint smell. I also plan on using hair and piss for the deer on her property. I'm glad the neem is working well on your lady's!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
one more day to go fellas', we got this week in the bag
yeah i ended up with a little over 25k steps for the day (almost 12 miles)
thats about the top end for me
thats great that you can rack up the steps at work
keep it up man, im sure you can feel the difference and see the results from all you hard work
fudruckers was great and i rolled a hooter for the walk home so we took the long way
/the mrs kept saying how she could smell weed the whole time we were at fuds
there was some kind of club there playing all kinds of games (board games, card games) and i wished i could join in!
i dont even know what games they were playing but i was high and they seemed to be having a lot of fun
yeah, its the same bear bell you use when you go hiking
it jingles enough to let people/ game know you are there but isnt obnoxious
sometimes you have to give the bike a wiggle to get it to sound, or i will just reach down and tap it a few times if it dosent seem to be broadcasting enough
do you have a favorite place to ride yet or are you still free ranging?
have a great friday my man, its almost the weekend!

Fiddynut

one more day to go fellas', we got this week in the bag
yeah i ended up with a little over 25k steps for the day (almost 12 miles)
thats about the top end for me
thats great that you can rack up the steps at work
keep it up man, im sure you can feel the difference and see the results from all you hard work
fudruckers was great and i rolled a hooter for the walk home so we took the long way
/the mrs kept saying how she could smell weed the whole time we were at fuds
there was some kind of club there playing all kinds of games (board games, card games) and i wished i could join in!
i dont even know what games they were playing but i was high and they seemed to be having a lot of fun
yeah, its the same bear bell you use when you go hiking
it jingles enough to let people/ game know you are there but isnt obnoxious
sometimes you have to give the bike a wiggle to get it to sound, or i will just reach down and tap it a few times if it dosent seem to be broadcasting enough
do you have a favorite place to ride yet or are you still free ranging?
have a great friday my man, its almost the weekend!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

25K is a great day! If I didn't walk so much at work I'd be really hard pressed to get to 25. Great work brother! I can hardly believe how good I feel since the start of this and I'm thinking things will only get better. The only negative is that I've worked myself into a hernia and will need surgery on it down the road a bit. I saw a doctor this week and my blood pressure is way down into the normal recommended range. The good news is that I have no restrictions so I can keep working out and mountain biking and working untill the surgery. I was worried that he would shut down the workouts and fun stuff and I'd loose my rhythm.
I know what you mean about the Mrs smelling weed the whole time at fud's. I get a lot of looks from people at bars and stuff when I have a j or pipe in my pocket. In fact when we were at the racetrack last weekend we went to a bar and as soon as we walked in people started making negative comments about how it smelled like weed and we're all pissy. I am unapologetic about smelling like ganja and people can fuck off if they don't like it. Glad you had a good time at fuds and a nice walk afterwards is the perfict desert! Card games sound like fun, I use to play a decent amount of poker, but haven't played in years.
I am still riding free range but I really like the trails that are actually closest to my house. They are a lot of fun and very technical, and being so close is really nice I can get a ride in before work. The kettle (Jonn Muir and Emma carlin) trails are the best around but take a lot longer to get to so I've only been there once this summer.
I hope your week is ending on a high note. Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
not a lot going on this weekend
its been a busy week at wrok so i dont mind doing nothing and just being chill
i have a big chunk of meat my mom got me, a huge rib eye i might try and cutting down to easier to handle pieces today (flintstone steaks)
thats great that your blood pressure is down! man
thats one of those things that can get you, but you can head it off by getting more exercise and losing weight
i bet your resting hear rate is improving too
that sucks that you have a hernia, is it bothering you much?
when are you thinking about going in and getting it taken care of?
/dont overdo it in the mean time brother and aggravate it even more
thats cool you have some nice trails close to home
its cool being able to just jump on the bike and get a fun ride in, kind of like when we were kids! sometimes we drive places and ride too
that sucks that some people had to be loud mouths when they smelled the weed around them
i try to keep it on the down low when out in public, especially if there are kids around, but dude, you were in a bar
things are starting to warm up here and we have been having some really nice and sunny days
i am totally digging this summer time thing!
do you have any plans?whatever you are up to i hope you have a great weekend f'nut

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My wife graduated yesterday with her Associate's degree in liberal arts and a Associate's transfer degree. I am so proud, she was on the honor roll every semester.we are having a party for her today. She starts her Bachelor's degree in September. She's going to start substitute teaching next school year also. Man it will be nice to have another income in the house. I am a proud hubby.

@ Fiddynuts, sorry to hear about the hernia. I hope it doesn't cause you to much pain. Glad you can keep up the mountain biking even with the hernia.

@ POP rocks, Man you are going to have a bunch of weed come harvest time. Are you running plants outside at your pad, or just at your buddies. I have never been able to grow outside. I have a couple friends who try to grow outside but they are super cheap, and refuse to spend any money on the grow. They get mad when I don't want to sell their backyard boogie homegrown for them. I have offered to do a real outdoor grow with one guy. It's the wife's cousin. I offered to split the cost , the work, and the harvest. He's not willing to put any cash into it. I am not going to put the work in for junk bud. After seeing the poision, they use for bugs, I will pass. The buds were covered in pm, and powdered tomato worm pesticide. I try to guide him, but apparently 10 years of research and experience is for nothing. It's just weird to me. I always want to grow the best I possibly can. Why would you put the work in for a junk return. This idiot tried to get me to make hash frtom hos trim. I can smell cat piss on it. His response, it's only a little cat piss, can't you wash it off. Wtf, no I can't and I won't. Fucking gross.

Rodehazrd

Hey Packerfan
Congrats to the wife. The work paid off for her. I would question the sanity of a sub teacher job. Some friends tried it after retiring and so far no happy reports. just some days not so bad.

Yeah there's only so much you can do for an idiot. So often free advice is taken at face value. So cast not your pearls upon the swine.

RH

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is awesome p'fan!
big ups to your wife for all she has accomplished and i wish her continued success
teaching takes a special kind of person and i hope she enjoys it
/big pat on the back to you too bruh, i can only imagine how proud you must be of her!

no, the mrs wont let me grow in our yard
she is worried about the neighbors and its just not worth the fight
my friend has a great yard but we are growing in 5g buckets so that will be the limiting factor
i grew up growing outside and only moved indoors about 10-15y ago (sometime in early 2000)
i would always keep a lamp or two for cuts and stuff like that, but i dident grow indoors
thats lame that these people wont put anything into their grow: effort or $$$
if you think about how much weed costs, a few dollars up front brings big returns at harvest time
especially when you grow outdoors, you can pull down a lot of weight
that is just nasty shit when you describe the stuff they bring to you, woudl you eat something with cat pee on it? gross
i dont blame you for not wanting them to foul up your equipment

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
Today is the day for Justify to finish the triple crown. He drew the #1 Post so he's got to get out and away or get pinched on the rail. If he does get pinched its a mile and a half race so there's time to recover. This is when most triple crown horses lose out having to run a third race in just over a month and a lot of the others are more rested. None of them have raced for a mile and a half before and contrary to a lot talk the race is still wide open. I hope he does it. He's one of the best horses I've seen since Secretariat and today will be a fast track not sloppy like the first two races. Tune into the Belmont and root for the big red horse.

packerfan79

Veteran
Fiddy
Today is the day for Justify to finish the triple crown. He drew the #1 Post so he's got to get out and away or get pinched on the rail. If he does get pinched its a mile and a half race so there's time to recover. This is when most triple crown horses lose out having to run a third race in just over a month and a lot of the others are more rested. None of them have raced for a mile and a half before and contrary to a lot talk the race is still wide open. I hope he does it. He's one of the best horses I've seen since Secretariat and today will be a fast track not sloppy like the first two races. Tune into the Belmont and root for the big red horse.

I used to go to the track at Santa Anita with my grand ma. That woman is a gambler for sure. I was just a kid mabey 9, or 10. And she would let me pick a few a couple 3 dollar bets. She always bet o n the gray horses. I have no clue why.

I knew a lady that tended bar at my old watering hole. She would win wads of cash every time she went to the track. I mean 4-5 grand. I guess some people are just lucky. I had a buddy that made a living off of sports betting. I can't win 2 dollars off a scratcher, if I bought the whole roll. I am not much of a gambler.

@ POP rocks, everything went really nice at the party. Food was late, lady at the restraunt, didn't have it ready. Then when it was ready, she dropped a pan of tamales. Either way food was good it was a nice day.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Rodehazrd

Well the big red beast came around the track in front again.
Packerfan I'm not a gambler either. I take 50 bucks and buy two dollar tickets. we like to dress sharp for the track. We get settled in our seats then shuffle down to the paddock and watch the trainers put the jockeys up then place our bets and go out on the balcony to watch the race. Then back to the seats to smoke a cigar and read the form. I spend a hundred and stay all afternoon and sometimes one of us hits something exotic

packerfan79

Veteran
Well the big red beast came around the track in front again.
Packerfan I'm not a gambler either. I take 50 bucks and buy two dollar tickets. we like to dress sharp for the track. We get settled in our seats then shuffle down to the paddock and watch the trainers put the jockeys up then place our bets and go out on the balcony to watch the race. Then back to the seats to smoke a cigar and read the form. I spend a hundred and stay all afternoon and sometimes one of us hits something exotic

Sounds like quite a good time.

Fiddynut

Good morning friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I stayed busy in the garden, potting up the first batch of 9 clones from 4" pots to 6" pots. I think that I'll skip the 4" pots in the future and go straight into the 6's. I take big clones and they outgrow the 4's in just a week or so. I also got the second round of 5 clones put in soil yesterday. I have plenty of cuts to choose the 4 that will be flowered in the next round.
The red eye Jedi I have flowering now are just about ready for harvest. These plants stayed nice and short and are finishing quickly. I'll be looking to grow more 88g13hp crosses in the future. The single GSC in flower is looking like she needs a few extra days.
I also got to my friends and planted some autos outdoor. I dug 6 good sized holes and filled them with quality soil and put 2 seeds in each hole. I've never germinated seeds outdoor before so I'm excited to see how it goes. I just soaked the seeds and put them in dirt like I do inside.

@pop_rocks. I hope you got some rest and chill time this weekend. How was the rib eye brother? I was hoping to relax a bit more but there was plenty to keep me busy all weekend. With being at the track all last weekend there was a lot to catch up on and with the dead shows coming up I don't want to get behind. Blood pressure and resting heart rate down and I'm sure lots of other good stuff too. The hernia dosent bother me at all. I'm just so glad that I don't have to stop being active, I feel like I'm on a roll and can't stop now. I'm going to keep an eye on it and get it dealt with in fall if I can hold out. Glad summer has arrived for you and your digging it!

@Packerfan. That is great news about Mrs pack finishing up that degree. That is great about the honor roll! She is half way to that bachelors degree and the second half should go quickly.
The hernia dosent bother me at all so I'm not worried about it.

@Rodehazrd. I didn't see the race live but I saw a replay right after and justify didn't give anyone else a chance. I was hearing that the longer race might not be his strength but obviously not the case. Pretty cool to see that kind of dominance. I hope you enjoyed it!
I got a bottle of Elijah Craig but haven't opened it yet. Is that stuff any good?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy
hope your week is off to a great start
i dident get a chance to cut up the steaks yet, but i am going to get them prepped today and get a couple in a dry rub for the weekend
thats great that you were able to get some plants going at your friends house
the seeds should germinate in the soil no problem
they go through a delicate stage for the first couple weeks, where any insect attack or poor conditions can do them in, but once they get established they will grow like mad
good idea upping the container size
if you are outgrowing your pots within a week or so they must be really doing great
the red-eyed jedi sounds nice!let us know how you like the finished smoke
im glad the injury isnt bothering you too much
im glad that you are on a roll and i will be here cheering you on the whole way brother!

Fiddynut

happening fiddy
hope your week is off to a great start
i dident get a chance to cut up the steaks yet, but i am going to get them prepped today and get a couple in a dry rub for the weekend
thats great that you were able to get some plants going at your friends house
the seeds should germinate in the soil no problem
they go through a delicate stage for the first couple weeks, where any insect attack or poor conditions can do them in, but once they get established they will grow like mad
good idea upping the container size
if you are outgrowing your pots within a week or so they must be really doing great
the red-eyed jedi sounds nice!let us know how you like the finished smoke
im glad the injury isnt bothering you too much
im glad that you are on a roll and i will be here cheering you on the whole way brother!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

The week is off to a good but busy start. It sounds like those are going to be some epic steaks, let us know how they turn out.
I'm really interisted in seeing how the seeds do ala natural. If it looks like bad weather we will cover them with a 5 gallon bucket or something to protect them. I'll probably wait a coupe weeks to see what we have and then throw some Granola funk clones out there.
I've been experimenting with taking big clones and noticed that the bigger the cut the better they root for me. A lot of the cuts I'm taking are like 8" and they seem to out grow the small pots so quick that I doubt I'm doing myself any favors starting in 4". It will be interisting to see how the second round does going straight into 6's compared to the first round that went into 4's then 6's. The first round are 10 days older but I have a feeling that the second round will catch up quickly. Roots looked good at the time of transplant.
I'll be doing a final update and a harvest report on the red eye Jedi soon!