What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Not much here, just chugging along. I didn't wind up seeing boc. 6 hours of chasing kids and I was done. Met up with a buddy from my high school days, at the fair. He bought a dispensary a few years back. I am supposed to meet up with him soon to check the stash. Hopefully he's got some fire. Had a good weekend, babies are start8ng to put on some growth. I was going to get a tent, but I have a few sheets of plywood, and 2x4s so I think I will just build something. I just need to get go ing on it. I am thinking about getting a 4x4 tent to run in the garage during the fall and winter. I am not sure how the electrical is in this house so I will probably stick with the leds, as long as I can get the light I have performing. I am pretty sure I c ould make one my self. I have all the necessary tools at work.

We are settling in pretty well at the new house. I am going kinda stir crazy without much plant life to keep me busy.

Hope every one is having a good start to a short week.

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
It is a slower grow with seeds I agree, but I am liking the feeling there's a prize in there waiting to be found. I know the odds of me finding an elite cut in my lifetime are pretty long but like the baker who eats his failures its not so bad a place to be. I'm getting excited to see my new babies come into their own. The long bottom leaf by white skunk is really filling out as is the elfinstone. The goji not so much I must have the strawberry runt pheno it is not going to make a big bud but is nice anyway.

Pop I haven't been outdoors in years and my efforts then ....well not so well rewarded. I started the Bangi under CFLs 24 hr cycle the first of May and i plan to go out with them this week before they reach sex maturity. I don't harden off I just worry about day length not temps. I fear the early flowering from changing light. I had that before. June 15 is my projected day for clones to stay in veg. Picking males I don't know on the ak47 I chose a tall one with a stout stem for Bangi and Oaxacan I likely will just muddle through asking you folk for advice.

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

I've been busy in the jungle this week and last and will take pics soon. I've got 9 clones of the granola funk plants in dirt and I took a second round of back up cuts today, one of the plants cuts never rooted so I hope I get a couple good ones this time. I only need 4 plants for the next round but I want back ups to be the new moms so I can get rid of the old ones that have been problematic. I got a new bag of happy frog from the a diffrent batch to put all the clones in so we will see if my recent issues were soil related. Meanwhile in the flower tent the red eye Jedi are budding up really nicley and should start to get their swell on soon. I'm hoping they will be done in about 3 weeks or so.

@pop_rocks. You are right the weekend flew by, I was just busy enough to enjoy it but wish I would have had an extra day off. This always seems to happen when summer gets here time flys. I'm really happy with the bike and can't wait to ride again. I allmost got a ride in this morning, I was dressed and out the door at 6 but just as I was loading the bike in the truck it started to rain and I decided to go to the gym instead. The dropper seat seems to drop about 8 or so inches when I hit the lever. I learned to ride to keep my butt in the seat for traction and less waisted effort so I run the seat pretty high and try to stay on it. When I start hitting some terrain park sections I will start using the dropper more. I'm glad you are having a good week.

@Packerfan. I'm glad all is going well at the new place and you are getting some green garden time in. A 4x4 tent sounds like a good way to get some extra production in the cooler months. Keep us posted on how the new LED is working.

@Rodehazrd. The way I see it you have just as good a chance of finding an elite cut as anyone, in fact, more of a chance then me because you have more plants growing. I'm glad to hear that your elfinstone and LBL cross are doing well and filling out. Maybe the goji just wasn't meant to be, or will make up for lack of size with some really unique flavors. Like you said, the baker that eats his own mistakes isn't so bad off, and these are not really mistakes anyway.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i like that analogy, rode
even the bad plants have some worth and part of the fun is in the hunt
its rare to find something that truely sucks
i grew out a plant last year in a friends back yard and he is all aboard for this season
i used to grow exclusively outdoors
things should be better this year because i will be growing out more plants (i think there will be four total this time) and they will have more time to veg in the full sun
i cant wait to see what i end up with

that sucks about the rain but hitting the gym sounds like a good call
yeah, you want to keep your seat at a nice height to get good leg extension and it helps weight the back tire during climbs
because of the terrain i usually keep the seat kind of low, just so i can flick the bike around a bit more
uphills i just suffer or do this squat thing where im just kind of floating above the seat but its all about the back tire keeping good contact with the ground
any plans for the upcoming weekend?

glad to hear everyone is settled in to the new house
a little room in the garage would be rad
maybe you could use screws with washers and wing nuts to assemble the room so it could be easily taken down if needed
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely, brother

Fiddynut

i like that analogy, rode
even the bad plants have some worth and part of the fun is in the hunt
its rare to find something that truely sucks
i grew out a plant last year in a friends back yard and he is all aboard for this season
i used to grow exclusively outdoors
things should be better this year because i will be growing out more plants (i think there will be four total this time) and they will have more time to veg in the full sun
i cant wait to see what i end up with

that sucks about the rain but hitting the gym sounds like a good call
yeah, you want to keep your seat at a nice height to get good leg extension and it helps weight the back tire during climbs
because of the terrain i usually keep the seat kind of low, just so i can flick the bike around a bit more
uphills i just suffer or do this squat thing where im just kind of floating above the seat but its all about the back tire keeping good contact with the ground
any plans for the upcoming weekend?

glad to hear everyone is settled in to the new house
a little room in the garage would be rad
maybe you could use screws with washers and wing nuts to assemble the room so it could be easily taken down if needed
hope you are wrapping up your week nicely, brother
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

That's great you will be doing more outdoor at your buddies house this year. Looking forward to seeing how they do. Keep us posted and get some pics when you can.
Yes I like getting my legs extended, especially when doing a technical climb. In fact the climbs are some of my favorite parts of the rides, downhills are fast and fun but the climb separates the men for the boys. And with the dropper post I can hit the lever and down she goes, I'm going to have to start using that on this bermed out downhill section at the trail. Now that I'm getting to know the trails I'm going to be riding more aggressively.
I am headed to the racetrack at road America this weekend for the superbike races. It's always a great time up there, not as many people or as good of racing as there was in the 90's but still fun. There is a cart track there and we always get at least a couple of sessions in. I usually kick everyone's ass on the track and now that I'm 50 pounds lighter I should dominate that shit.

Fiddynut

Update and pics - red eye jedi

Update and pics - red eye jedi

Greetings friends.

The red eye Jedi are doing well and getting nice and frosty. They should finish in about 3 weeks or so I think I flipped them on about 4/21. I've been pretty steady feeding at 850-1000 ppm the last few weeks and they seem to be handleing it pretty well. The buds they are producing look like they are going to be very dense. I can't wait to give them a sample!

Fiddynut

Update and pics - granola funk

Update and pics - granola funk

I'm looking to be in good shape for the next flower run, which will be bodhi's granola funk. I have 9 clones of 4 diffrent seed plants in transitioning into soil right now. I just need the best 4 of them to flower out next run. I just took a few more cuts off the seed plants so that I have at least one back up of each seed plant. The 5th plants cuts didn't root for me last time so I got plenty cuts of it in the cloner on the second round here. I hope to find a keeper or two in this batch.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
just got a call from my man and he said the seeds dident make it
im going to bring over some more beans to his house with some RR cubes and a little advice
i also have some cuts i am working on, but i think im going to get them going a little more before bringing them over
im looking foreward to running a few different strains outdoors as well as inside, it will be fun to see how they grow out under different conditions
you know i will keep you guys updated,my man!
i love those track cars you can ride, man
there is this place here called K1 that has indoor tracks not far from the pad
every pound counts on those things and i bet you are a lot faster now that you lost all that weight (wow, man, 50# is great, you are kicking some major ass there fiddy!)
while i would still drive aggressively at least now when you hit the gas the car might have some pick up
ahahah, you said it brother, climbing is what seperates the men from the boys and that fat tire and solid frame were made for the uphill stuff
have you and your brother swapped bikes? he got the xcalibra, right?
keep on kicking ass my man!
i cant wait for the weeeknd!

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

The red eye Jedi are doing well and getting nice and frosty. They should finish in about 3 weeks or so I think I flipped them on about 4/21. I've been pretty steady feeding at 850-1000 ppm the last few weeks and they seem to be handleing it pretty well. The buds they are producing look like they are going to be very dense. I can't wait to give them a sample!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1855085&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1855089&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1855086&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1855088&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1855087&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Looking good Fiddynuts

Fiddynut

Happy Friday guys.

We've allmost made it to the weekend! I hope everyone has had a great week and your plants are happy and healthy.

@pop_rocks. Sorry to hear about the failed seeds. What method is he using? I've been getting near 100% with a 12-24 hour soak and straight into small pots of happy frog. Better luck next time. I'm looking forward to your outdoor/indoor experiments too. Keep us posted!
Go-carts sure are a blast. We have an indoor track here too and it's fun in the winter to get some riding in. The cart track at road America is really well designed, lots of elivation change and diffrent types of turns. It reminds me a lot of Sears point or Sonoma raceway or whatever they are calling it these days, it's been described as a roller coaster for race cars. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of laps I can run this year, the lighter weight will help in corners and braking zones as well so I'm hoping to drop a second or so a lap.
For sure the rutted out rocky technical climbs are so rewarding to me. It never fails to give me the 'runners high' feeling and that satisfying burn in the legs. I still haven't ridden with my bro yet but we will swap as soon as we do. Yes he has the X caliber. You are right that hard tails are made for the climb.
Do you have anything fun going on this weekend?

@Packerfan. Thanks brother. Looking forward to getting some new flavors in the buds stash.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
helped a friend move some furniture yesterday so im starting off today a little sore
me and the mrs will go for a fun saturday walk and then out to fudrukers for lunch after she wakes up
we were out kind of late last night, so she will probably sleep in
the outdoor cart track sounds awesome man!
there is a malibu gp close by, but the track is kind of short and their cars are slow
one day im going to have to trek up your way ,brother; it sounds like a lot of fun things to do up there
good trail bike riding and fun go cart tracks could keep me busy for a few days!
do you guys have that poutine in your area? its french fries covered in cheese curds and then topped with gravy
he had put the beans into a paper towel ut then taped it to the window
i wasnt going to say anything at first but i showed him the soak method you discribed and gave him some rapid rooter cubes
i also showed him how i like to invert the plug so it has a sturdier base
by the time we left last night the seeds soaking in water had already thrown their tap root (good germ rates with these barney farm seeds; 4:4 so far)
i will call later today and remind him to place the new seeds into the rr's and cover they up
a minor set back but i still see them getting at least 60d veg (counting 6.01 and day one)
how is your brother doing,btw?
has he been riding his new bike much? what are his thoughts on the x-cal?
hope your weekend is off to a great start, do you have anything planned?
looks like we are offically into the second half of the year and so far 2018 has been a really good year!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, I just took the family to a place called cal earth institute. It was really cool. Google it if you want to. They make and train people to build superadobe homes and emergency shelters. Unlike a standard Adobe house, most types of soil can be used.

I am really considering doing this. My background in plastering could be quite helpful.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Rodehazrd

What's up jungle mates, I just took the family to a place called cal earth institute. It was really cool. Google it if you want to. They make and train people to build superadobe homes and emergency shelters. Unlike a standard Adobe house, most types of soil can be used.

I am really considering doing this. My background in plastering could be quite helpful.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I checked it out looks nice I could use that in a lot of ways. Could the shelter I need in Grand Junction area.

I lost a Oaxacan in a storm we had a lot of tree parts flying around. Only three got broken and two survived the one broken in three places didn't recover so now I'm down to eleven. Stupid move leaving them out that young. One Bangi got broken off at the base but I stood it back up with a stick and clip and now it stands fine on its own. I am trying to keep them outdoors to see what bug pressure I have with healthy plants.So far so good. Spraying neem and using the leftover as a drench to build some immunity. Plan to get some peppermint Dr Bronners and some lavender drops to add in :tiphat:between the neem sprays.

packerfan79

Veteran
I checked it out looks nice I could use that in a lot of ways. Could the shelter I need in Grand Junction area.

I lost a Oaxacan in a storm we had a lot of tree parts flying around. Only three got broken and two survived the one broken in three places didn't recover so now I'm down to eleven. Stupid move leaving them out that young. One Bangi got broken off at the base but I stood it back up with a stick and clip and now it stands fine on its own. I am trying to keep them outdoors to see what bug pressure I have with healthy plants.So far so good. Spraying neem and using the leftover as a drench to build some immunity. Plan to get some peppermint Dr Bronners and some lavender drops to add in :tiphat:between the neem sprays.

Hey Rodehazard,

I was amazed at what these guys have been doing. Even my pessimist wife was excited. I am not atypical tree hugger hippy type, but building out of the materials on the land just makes sense to me.

Sucks to hear about the Oaxacan, I am getting tired of the strains I have, or have access to. I want something to fire up the day with. Don't get me wrong I like to melt into the couch but not at 9 am.or 4 am on my way to work.I have summer breeze from the jungle boys. I need to run a couple next rounds. Hope the rest of your plants turn out great.

@Fiddynuts you are welcome, looks like you are making them shine. You are really coming into your own as a grower. You are growing quality product, don't be so hard on yourself. I have that problem, and my buddy told me the same thing. :tiphat:

Pop Rocks,Fiddynuts,Rodehazard, Bad Fishy, Floridian, and whoever I missed, hope you are having a great sunday. I am lounging around locked to the couch, had to make a rescue mission to Bakersfield lastnight. Didn't get home till 230. Up at 7. Not functional yet.

Fiddynut

Happy monday friends.

I hope all had a great weekend. I snuck out of work early Saturday and went straight up to the race track at road America. Because I work in the industry I get free weekend passes every year and decided to make the most of it. Road America is such a nice racetrack at a beautiful park like setting. I got to stay in one of those fancy camper things with the sides that slide out, first time in anything like that. It was nice and comfortable even with some rain Saturday night. The weather could have been better but certainly could have been worse and it stayed mostly dry.

@pop_rocks. I hope you and the Mrs had a great walk and some great burgers at fuds. The carting went well this weekend. I started right behind my bro, passed him on the first lap, and passed him again to put him a l down on the last lap. I felt pretty good but we only had time to do one race and I needed more track time to really get the lap times low. I know what you mean about slow carts at a lot of tracks, these aren't full race carts but they go a lot faster than any I've ridden at other tracks. You are right brother, there is a lot of fun stuff to do around here, as long as the weather cooperates. Come on up here if you get the chance, we can always find something to do. I'm glad your getting good germ rates with the new beans, how are your buddies seedlings doing?

@Packerfan. That place sounds really cool. I have a buddy here at work that is into adobe and cob buildings. You are right that building with local materials is a great idea and this stuff dosent have to be primitive just because it's natural. Thank you for the kind words brother, I hope the Red Eye Jedi turn out great.

@Rodehazrd. Sorry to hear you lost a plant to weather. It's pretty amazing how tough the little plants are and how much abuse they can take. I'm glad the rest of your baby's are healthy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey fiddy!
hope your week is off to a great start!
dude, can you believe its the first full week of june? we are half way through 2018
/its the start of the second half; lets keep kicking ass man
the walk was fun and fudruckers was fat and juicy like always!
/less than $11 for two to eat a delicious lunch, plus the mrs went ham on the "salad bar"
so the first batch of seeds i left at my friends house dident make it
i brought over another bunch of seeds last weekend
this time i set it up like i would do it so we soaked the seeds in water and i left a bunch of RR cubes
i ran down the way i do it and told him if he had any questions he could call or text
i got a text from him later that night (or early the next morning) saying that the seeds in the water had already sprouted their tails and he was moving to cubes
i think they are in good hands and will keep you updated, next week when i go over i will take some pics of the newborns

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe,
Birds are singing and the Grass is growing. High pressure dominating the weather and my arthritic hands working again. I hope all y'alls week got off to a good start

Hey Poprocks do you always use the rapid rooters for seed? I feel some fear handling those tiny babies. I did once break the tap root of one and killed it just being indelicate like I am with the paws. Do you put some soil in there with the seed sprout or just drop and squeeze? After my Goji failure I just break up my starter mix fine and poke the seeds in dry. I have been seeing some post about starting in a magnetic field giving a big jump. I was thinking of using rapidrooters with some rare earth disks on the side to do a side by side test. I want to start looking through my Ak47 f2's and the rooters would be easy to keep spacing uniform.

You had asked about the Liberty Haze I had, I did that with a friend on his farm. It had no issues yielded well and was my first taste of haze. Of all the others we put out it was the best. He tried other stuff the next year and for some reason never went back to it. Nothing else he's tried for several years has done well due to the PM.

Fiddynut

hey fiddy!
hope your week is off to a great start!
dude, can you believe its the first full week of june? we are half way through 2018
/its the start of the second half; lets keep kicking ass man
the walk was fun and fudruckers was fat and juicy like always!
/less than $11 for two to eat a delicious lunch, plus the mrs went ham on the "salad bar"
so the first batch of seeds i left at my friends house dident make it
i brought over another bunch of seeds last weekend
this time i set it up like i would do it so we soaked the seeds in water and i left a bunch of RR cubes
i ran down the way i do it and told him if he had any questions he could call or text
i got a text from him later that night (or early the next morning) saying that the seeds in the water had already sprouted their tails and he was moving to cubes
i think they are in good hands and will keep you updated, next week when i go over i will take some pics of the newborns

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
The week is off to a pretty good start considering how much partying I did over the weekend. I hope yours is too.
Half way through '18 allready and I just started remembering to write 2018 when I write the date. The year is flying by for sure. Im even busier than in years past so that helps. I just hope the summer dosent fly by too fast before I can enjoy it. I've got 2 Dead and co (remaining grateful dead members) shows in less than 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to them, but don't have anything else planned for the summer. I have to think about an up north trip or two.
It sounds like those seeds are jumping out of their shells! I hope the second batch makes it. I really don't like handleing sprouted seeds and have had great luck with a soak and right into wet soil before they crack. Keep us posted!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i dont like to mess with the sprouts either,rode'
i soak in water until i see the first signs of the tap root emerging, then i put it into the cube and thats the last time i touch the naked seedling
i just drop the seed into the cube and once the plant gets going ( by the first set of leafs) i put it into a small container of soil
i like to invert the rr cube, wide side down, so its more like a blunt pyramid; instead of running the small side down like i do with cuttings
hazes have always has a special place in my stash and i will be on the lookout for bhodis liberty haze

i hear you about the year flying by and in the blink of an eye we will be in the middle of summer
i am trying to slow things down and enjoy each day a little more, but its been hella busy lately
i have been having a good time so far and am looking foreward to seeing where the rest of the year takes us
hope you enjoy the shows, fiddy
it sounds like a fun time and i bet there are a lot of heads in the crowd
are you just driving up or is it more like a festival with overnight camping and that fun stuff
yeah man, if you can hit up the cabin for a little RnR!
that would be a great use of those days off you earned and i bet htere would be some good places to ride up there
hope your week is sailing along and you are knocking them out of the park, brother