What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Glad to be here lads! Always a good read whether it be sports food or growing! Except when hungry... you fuckers are always posting recipes that make me drool!

Hey Jungle mates, I agree we should keep the thread where it is. Bigger isn't always better. Why screw up a good thing. By all means it's Fiddynuts decision, and I will support what ever decision is made.

On a lighter note, today is my Friday. I got lit on my way in this morning. Always makes for a good day. 4 days off woo hoo. Slayer tommorow.

I am cooking Ribeyes, shrimp scampi, corn on the cob and baked potatoes, for my wife and mother in law for Mothers day.

So I have been using some 3 in 1 spray to clean up my clones, I guess it went bad because my clones took a nose dive after I sprayed them, i am hoping to recover them. If not probably pop the headbanger f2s I have

Happy Thursday gentlemen.

Ok it looks like its unanimous, the jungle stays right where it is. I only asked about moving it because it's evolved into a more social thread, but we are all united in our grows and everyone has been very helpful to each other. Thanks again for making this thread what it is.

I'm excited for you 'pack, slayer should be epic. Your mother's day menu sounds great too. I'm going up north to the cabin to put the pier and boats in and spend time with my mom on Sunday as well.

Sorry to hear your clones are under the weather, I hope they pull through for you. These plants are stronger than they look sometimes.

Fiddynut

Update and pics - veg edition

Update and pics - veg edition

Good afternoon friends.

I haven't been talking much about the granola funk plants that I've got going. I popped half a pack of seeds a while back and all were girls. I hope you don't get all boys from the other half pack Packerfan. I was planning on just one run from these but I can't fit 6 plants in the flower tent. The plan is to take cuts of these plants and run them for my next couple flower sessions.

I've been too embarrassed to show off these plants or talk much about them. They started out ok but got really droopy early in life and even after the first transplant into 6" pots. It seemed like they would get droopy while the pots were still fairly heavy with water. Allmost like too much salt buildup in the soil was preventing them from up taking water. Lower leaves were getting rust spots and dyeing off, some plants loosing more than half of their fans. But they were in straight happy frog and I was barley feeding them. I'd love to think that it was bad soil or something but maybe I did something stupid, I wasn't making the best notes in my log at the time and maybe I got carried away. Anyway I flushed a couple times and then put them in 10" pots with my usual blend of happy frog/ocean forest/perlite at about 45/45/10. Since the transplant they have been much happier, not perfect but much better. They were even looking good enough that I topped them last week to give me more places to take cuts from. The new growth is looking good and most of the leaves look to be reaching for the light which tells me they are better. I need to get cuts in the cloner pretty soon, next week or so, for my next flower run. I don't need all of them to root, just 4 good ones would be perfect. Here are pics of the 6, ugly old leaves and all.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon friends.

I haven't been talking much about the granola funk plants that I've got going. I popped half a pack of seeds a while back and all were girls. I hope you don't get all boys from the other half pack Packerfan. I was planning on just one run from these but I can't fit 6 plants in the flower tent. The plan is to take cuts of these plants and run them for my next couple flower sessions.

I've been too embarrassed to show off these plants or talk much about them. They started out ok but got really droopy early in life and even after the first transplant into 6" pots. It seemed like they would get droopy while the pots were still fairly heavy with water. Allmost like too much salt buildup in the soil was preventing them from up taking water. Lower leaves were getting rust spots and dyeing off, some plants loosing more than half of their fans. But they were in straight happy frog and I was barley feeding them. I'd love to think that it was bad soil or something but maybe I did something stupid, I wasn't making the best notes in my log at the time and maybe I got carried away. Anyway I flushed a couple times and then put them in 10" pots with my usual blend of happy frog/ocean forest/perlite at about 45/45/10. Since the transplant they have been much happier, not perfect but much better. They were even looking good enough that I topped them last week to give me more places to take cuts from. The new growth is looking good and most of the leaves look to be reaching for the light which tells me they are better. I need to get cuts in the cloner pretty soon, next week or so, for my next flower run. I don't need all of them to root, just 4 good ones would be perfect. Here are pics of the 6, ugly old leaves and all.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1848400&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1848402&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1848401&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hey Fiddynuts, what ec are you feeding? You are running a 600 right. I always fed pretty heavy like 1.6-1.8. I am wondering if you are under feeding.deffinately hoping I get some girls out of those. I may be doing a seed run if I can't get those clones going again.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts, what ec are you feeding? You are running a 600 right. I always fed pretty heavy like 1.6-1.8. I am wondering if you are under feeding.deffinately hoping I get some girls out of those. I may be doing a seed run if I can't get those clones going again.
Good afternoon packerfan.

600 on the REJ and GSC girls in flower. I think under feeding is a defenatly a probability for the girls in flower.
As far as the GF girls in veg, they are under 216w of t5's and are in the blend with ocean forest and happy frog. So far they have just been fed water and like 1ml/gallon of armor Si silica and pH up to 6.5.
As far as ec I haven't been keeping track of that but I'll get numbers next time I feed. Are you using 500 or 700 scale for ec?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so what did you think of the 39% co weed?
do you know where he went; did he say much about the scene
its always fun smoking other weed
no matter how good your weed is, i like to try other kinds

that does sound like a feast, p'fan!
thats really nice of you to hook the ladies up like that

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
I'm glad we stay here. I can't believe some of the pissing matches I read on some of the other forums. And as far as i see its with no good reason other than stroking the ego of an insecure punk. I understand there's always another point of view but some of these guys are still in junior high. May the Lord bless and keep them far the fuck from us.

@Packerfan I gave the goji's my normal end of first week dose of calcium nitrate and armor silicon. They look a little too green now and slightly droopy. The elfinstone and lbl cross loved it tell me what you think. I like to hit with N and K first week and then I go back to the fish at 1-3-2 It seems to avoid mid stretch issues. Kind of like showing a horse the whip at the top of the stretch but not using it down the line.
Thats an Elfinstone in front I took the pix with a crappy phone and the flash lit up the elf. Lately I get some beat bars on my phone from the HPF so I shoot in the dark. Kinda bummed of 12 seeds I got two girls only five got above ground and then three males. So $35 each. They look stout with no floppy stems fiddy.
edit: make that one girl I found balls today on another goji

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Fiddynut

Happy Friday friends.

@Pakcerfan. I hope you are doing a bit of day drinking and preparing for a night of death metal at its finest. I hope you have a great time, you deserve it!

@pop_rocks. I really like the chemmy jones. For me the strong chem terps is perfict. The grower is a guy that happens to be good friends with my bros buddy out near Boulder. He sells it in dispensaries, hence the testing, but my bro gets it straight from him. I know it's grown in coco and the guy says the key to the terps is keeping the plants really happy. He was telling my bro that he feels that plant health in veg is allmost more important than in flower, which isn't something I've heard people say before. I also feel pretty good about the potency of my buds after smoking his stuff, it's a little more powerful but not a lot. I think it gets me a little higher partially due to me having some strain tolerance from smoking the c91xSL for so many months now. For sure more variety is a good thing when it comes to buds. I'm looking forward to some variety my next couple runs. I've been having good luck with trading my hippie neighbors down the street to keep some variety around. I hope your week is finishing strong.

@Rodehazrd. I'm so glad that we can act like adults here and don't have to deal with big ego. Most of us are close to or above our 40's and maybe that helps. Like you said, let them have there pissing matches elsewhere. Your plants look pretty good, sometimes mine get droopy like that when they want bigger pots. That is unfortunate that you are down to one girl out of that pack of seeds, I guess it's a case of win some loose some with seeds. I hope your next pack is all girls. I'm glad you don't have the floppy stems.

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
I agree with your friend the health of the veg plant is supreme. I think building a strong frame with plenty of mobile nutes in the leaves is more important than what you feed later during flower.
Jidoka speaks of this sometimes and I respect his opinion. It could be that the early health creates a more robust root system to serve the adult plant better.
I popped my 7 remaining Bangi Haze on Mayday all came up and one is a twin. Two stems from one seed. Ever hear of that? I put pix on the Bangi thread if you want to see it. Although they are runts I plan to keep together and see what comes. Thats 110% germ rate from Ace. :laughing::party:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy
we made it to the weekend my man and i hope you are enjoying your saturday
i hear you about getting used to smoking the same stuff, so something new is always a treat
i like the sound of this chemmy jones, i think you have mentioned it before
has your brother thought of asking for a cut?
i agree that a healthy veg plant is key to getting good bud
like rode said, it is the framework for the plant to flower on, especially the root mass
what are the hippie neighbors like?!?they sound like fun
how would you describe their pot?

so how was the slayer concert p'fan
hope you are not feeling it too hard but still rocked your ass off
when are you firing up that feast for the fam?

have a great weekend everyone!

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon packerfan.

600 on the REJ and GSC girls in flower. I think under feeding is a defenatly a probability for the girls in flower.
As far as the GF girls in veg, they are under 216w of t5's and are in the blend with ocean forest and happy frog. So far they have just been fed water and like 1ml/gallon of armor Si silica and pH up to 6.5.
As far as ec I haven't been keeping track of that but I'll get numbers next time I feed. Are you using 500 or 700 scale for ec?

I believe I was using the 700 scale. Silica is good. Botanicare additives are solid. I would think about adding hydroguard, liquid karma, and a bloom booster, I also used molasses.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hello Tribe
I'm glad we stay here. I can't believe some of the pissing matches I read on some of the other forums. And as far as i see its with no good reason other than stroking the ego of an insecure punk. I understand there's always another point of view but some of these guys are still in junior high. May the Lord bless and keep them far the fuck from us.

@Packerfan I gave the goji's my normal end of first week dose of calcium nitrate and armor silicon. They look a little too green now and slightly droopy. The elfinstone and lbl cross loved it tell me what you think. I like to hit with N and K first week and then I go back to the fish at 1-3-2 It seems to avoid mid stretch issues. Kind of like showing a horse the whip at the top of the stretch but not using it down the line.
Thats an Elfinstone in front I took the pix with a crappy phone and the flash lit up the elf. Lately I get some beat bars on my phone from the HPF so I shoot in the dark. Kinda bummed of 12 seeds I got two girls only five got above ground and then three males. So $35 each. They look stout with no floppy stems fiddy.
edit: make that one girl I found balls today on another goji

I think the color looks ok, it may been the picture. I believe dark green is a sign of excess nitrogen. It's hard to say I have never used anything but bagged soil and bottled nutrients.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, Slayer update. The show was good, but it drizzled the whole show. Considering the weather they put on a good show. It was a pain getting their, their was a 15 car pile up due to fog at 415 in the morning. I was glad I didn't work that day or I would have been in the middle of the accident. I had to take an alternate route through the mountains added an hour to the drive.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Oh yeah, I had some issues with my clones. So I decided since I am basically growing for fun and personal, I popped some seeds, 8 headbanger f2s, granola funk( praying for females), and cobra lips.

Rodehazrd

I think the color looks ok, it may been the picture. I believe dark green is a sign of excess nitrogen. It's hard to say I have never used anything but bagged soil and bottled nutrients.
Here's a shot of my Goji.Packer fan She perked up right away I only gave her half strength after you advised you had claw. Thanks for the heads up I may have dodged a bullet on that one. On day 14 of 1212 she's growing about an inch a day. I think its true Goji don't like salts. I may put away the calcium nitrate except for foliar on all my attempts in the future. The feather meal seems to keep the green up and I worry about my biota not liking the salts too. One more step toward full organic methods. She's the only one I took four clones from as she looked so sturdy. Glad I did since she's the only girl I got. I hope she's the totem pole pheno, can you tell from the shape? I ordered some 65 gal shorty fabric pots and intend to try her clones in one outdoors.:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2422.jpg
    IMG_2422.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 9

packerfan79

Veteran
Here's a shot of my Goji.Packer fan She perked up right away I only gave her half strength after you advised you had claw. Thanks for the heads up I may have dodged a bullet on that one. On day 14 of 1212 she's growing about an inch a day. I think its true Goji don't like salts. I may put away the calcium nitrate except for foliar on all my attempts in the future. The feather meal seems to keep the green up and I worry about my biota not liking the salts too. One more step toward full organic methods. She's the only one I took four clones from as she looked so sturdy. Glad I did since she's the only girl I got. I hope she's the totem pole pheno, can you tell from the shape? I ordered some 65 gal shorty fabric pots and intend to try her clones in one outdoors.:tiphat:
Looks good Rodehazard. Glad I could help. Keep us updated. I would run the seed plant in the 65 gallon smartie . Seed plants get much bigger than clones. Keep the clones for future indoor runs. As far as the totem pole pheno, i topped mine a couple times so i am not sure.

Rodehazrd

Looks good Rodehazard. Glad I could help. Keep us updated. I would run the seed plant in the 65 gallon smartie . Seed plants get much bigger than clones. Keep the clones for future indoor runs. As far as the totem pole pheno, i topped mine a couple times so i am not sure.
Thanks PF sorry you lost the elite clones bummer. I'm already into flower on the seed plants and I think it's too early to go outside. In the past I had some try to go back to veg then back to flower didn't do either very well.
I been reading how clones have no tap root and some sativas don't either. That's why I ordered the shorty beds for clones and the mexi sats. Going outside with the Bangi Haze seed plants in the 30 gal tubs. Hope to sex by early June and put them out.
Man I love those long bottom leaf crosses.
They and the elfinstone seem to want a scary amount of feed. I gave them a teaspoon of calcium nitrate and calmag plus 6 oz per gal of fish hydro and they are still pale compared to the goji. Growing like crazy but still not the rich green I prefer. Could be skunk comes out that way.:tiphat:

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks PF sorry you lost the elite clones bummer. I'm already into flower on the seed plants and I think it's too early to go outside. In the past I had some try to go back to veg then back to flower didn't do either very well.
I been reading how clones have no tap root and some sativas don't either. That's why I ordered the shorty beds for clones and the mexi sats. Going outside with the Bangi Haze seed plants in the 30 gal tubs. Hope to sex by early June and put them out.
Man I love those long bottom leaf crosses.
They and the elfinstone seem to want a scary amount of feed. I gave them a teaspoon of calcium nitrate and calmag plus 6 oz per gal of fish hydro and they are still pale compared to the goji. Growing like crazy but still not the rich green I prefer. Could be skunk comes out that way.:tiphat:

I was very impressed with the lbl crosses I ran. Only one I have left is the headband x lbl that's in the line-up eventually. I can get the clone again, but it's embarrassing, and I would rather not to have to worry about bugs. I start ed running seeds when I got feed up with dealing with spidermites. Outside genetics are a pain in the ass.

I am not growing for production, I may as well grow seeds, much more enjoyable and interesting. I have a decent stash of seeds. At Least 2-3 years. I am going to run a bunch of smaller plants, who knows I might fond a world class pheno.

The headbanger f2s are supposed the lean t9wards the biker kush side but higher yielding. I am excited about those. Should be straight fuel.

Hopefully I get At Least 1 female from the granola funk. Since Fiddynuts hogged the females out of that pack. Ha ha ha ha ha just kidding Fiddynuts. Cobra lips looking for a chemmy monster. You never find chem here in California.

packerfan79

Veteran
Those headbangers look amazing! Who bred the granola funk PF? Hope the rest of you are doing well!

Granola funk is a bodhi strain, as is the cobra lips. I am a big fan of bodhi. Karma, and relentless are breeders I want to try. The headbangers are a baked bean'z creation, the parents came from Karma. It's hard not to order new stuff, because they put out so much awesomeness. Bodhi really brings the variety, that guy breeds so many strains. I can't keep up.

Rodehazrd

I went looking for more lbl stuff but seems he does one and moves on. Think i will jump on what he has now. I did find Chemmy Jones the 39% weed from the tude
Hey Fishy

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'fan
yeah,man we sure had some weird weather last week
im glad to hear the show rocked and i hope you had a great time
hopefully you will find some good stuff in your next seed run, i think thats part of the fun of growing fresh from seed; you never know what you are going to get
i have some of those bhodi love triangle seed sprouted and im hoping to find a keeper or two in the bunch
im coming up on some new gear here, hopefully i will find something worth talking about in that bunch

hope everyone is having a great start to their week
lets kick some ass!