What's new

Fertilizer and Yield

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Really silverback?? REALLY?

Oh well, see ya around man....

"big sigh"

Wishing you the best year and many more...

RW

jakeh

I did not realize monsanto owned miracle grow. If you want to learn more about them check out the book "lords of the harvest". What they have done with the genes of cotton and soybeans is amazing. In the deep south they are loved and hated. Actually they are just hated but their products are nothing short of amazing which is where the love comes in. In cotton they inserted a gene that produces bt making it immune to the worms that could cost you your crop if you did not spend a fortune on pesticides. With soybeans they added a gene that would allow farmers to put down enough herbicide to kill anything but the soybean until the soybean got enough size so that its canopy covered the ground and no weeds could get through. By doing so Monsanto in most everyone's oppinion tried to monopolize food and fiber crops for the entire world which is worse than anything microsoft could ever dream of. If a farmer decided they would plant seeds from the previous years harvest agents from monsanto could come pick a leaf from your field and prove you violated their terms by not buying the seeds from them and seek and get damages. Outside of the U.S. they were screwed. The brasillian farmers now had the most productive soybean herbicide combination except they only had to pay for the herbicide. I'm sure this is where the terminator gene comes in. What was really interesting was that monsanto could not get a strangle hold on corn like it did cotton and soybeans. The most productive strains of corn were f1 hybrids. If a farmer used his seeds from the previous season the f2 hybrids the farmer got no where near the yield and bought from whomever had the best f1 without the animosity monsanto earned. It got me thinking about what the marijuana seed market may look like if it ever goes legal. Right now it looks like the corn seed business but imagine a strain that had the plant producing an organic pesticide like bt.

headimonster

no miracle grow here....100% organic:joint::joint::joint:

first pic: sweet n sour diesel
second pic: Shanti's Mango Haze

Attachments

• DSCF5462.jpg
    DSCF5462.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5453.jpg
    DSCF5453.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 7

ceilingbeds

omg...

omg...

oh boy ... what a retarded challenge there are guys that pull 6-10 lb plants all organic .. but there in California so that is not really fair is it? grow a plant that finishes in September or grow a plant that finishes in November I don't care if you grow it organically or chemically, just grow something you like to grow and grow it the way you want to..

bro your awesome.... im happy people appreciate what im so grateful for

TLoft13

Organics for guerilla aren't for me.
I live in an apartment and have to transport my stuff a long way, no way I'll do more work, transport more weight and volume for some hippie ideology or longtime sustainability.
I loose spots, due to critters and rippers(which i don't use again), so building up good soil isn't interesting either.
When i have a house+ garden again it's a whole other matter, but i still won't use organics for GUERILLA!
And to tell the truth i suspect alot of the proponents of guerilla-organics here are either growing in their own backyard or just full of shit. Every recipe containing bloodmeal ect. is a signal "Eat me" to the critters, still
i hear these recipes all the time, that's why i suspect either gardengrows or theory spinners.

beer batter

age old organics, plants can take a lot of it and the stuff is compleatly water soluble. their kelp is nice as a foliar spray when foliage is looking nasty. 2:1 it has 2 to 1 nitrogen to P&K ratio then 2:1 phosphorus to N&K in their bloom. it provides for a massive build and huge body, great fruit set. my partner tooks forward to lb plants or 3+ lb for TGU -a local strain. i cant be sure of my yeald last season cause i had pulled 632grams of tops from 2 TGU that has cornwarms comeing like the plague, im sure it ha dover a pound of fruit on them cause i got 959 grams from the two includeing the pre-mature stuff i ended up makeing great hash, then great cookies from. all in all i had 1,798 grams last season (220 grams from 2 GDP, this year i had vegged my GDP and Maui since ealry feb planing on better results) i had 619 grams from 2 maui, i had put everything out in 1 gal pots cloned in april last year. my partner had his plants in 3 gal pots since feb and they where neer root bound soo i used 5gal, put them out my 10 like he sayed and transitioned from biobizz to age old indoor-to outdoor all organci ferts, their compatable and wont cause lockout soo long as numbers are regarded.

i just used some age old grow in with my bio bizz nutes to prevent what could be nitrogen lackage in that crop, ill update my thread and get picks up their

this season i had used 1 gallon age old bloom plus a quart of kelp to run a seed crop from from my clone stock and a male i found cutting of in 5 gal pots and revegged a couple, put 'em in now their over growing the space ive put them in. all my other plants are overgrown now, i couldnt stress how easy it is with organics -to the contrary of silverback and dirt nasty

ive had conversations about ferts and its been reserch and development from the start with my and just about anyone els, what works is generally what sticks but any change is going to be trial and error -good thing with marijuana the error is generally still producive to some degree aslong as the fert numbers are not out of balance and one is over used or disregarded.

i use a quart of ageold kelp per gallon of their grow in the begining when i fill my young M/P tank and then agein when i start bud ferts -i used a quart earlier cause i was out of grow fro a week or 2 and some lower growth was looking glum and its all i had -ill still use another quart when i buy a gal of age old bloom

(this stuff says on the bottle its ment to be a part of a reg fertilizer program and may not by itself provide all the nutrients needed by your crop or something like that) its got micronutrient dirived from kelp and other things, major nutrients soo its a primary fertilizer i only use alfalfa teas, dr earth starter fertilizer also make teas from that from time to time, and a guano for transitioning called guano by sparetime organics -i liked the results last year, kept things green and its a long lasting 4-6-2 guano blend from norcal. ive used roots organics ancient amber twice a quart each time in the young m/p tank with the age old and also a quart of liquid karma around june-july and soluble root enhancer by down to earth every 2 months or so at a tbs per gallon (i make 10-15 gallons for less then 100square feet). soo i use more then age old alone but its a great nutrient even if its all you got its cheep as far as organic ferts go, their kelp is $30 a gallon tipically the same as their reg ferts i use probly a gallon per season of that stuff. and i dont knwo how many gallons of grow/bloom i go threw but i just leave the dial set around 75:1 (i had it as high as 50:1 but i went threw 2.5gal too fast and sustainting that rait 'however great of response it had' could over load my soil with nitrogen also we would be going to the poor house just buying nutrient for our medicen. i know i wasnt useing as much last year but i dont know what rates i hed it on -100:1 maby i just leave it on the next notch up from 50:1 whatever that is) my timer is set to 15min @5am and water some times hook the hose and wand and manualy feed the roots further out that my shurbler patern doesnt reach (3 per plant, up from 2 per plant last year. still some slower draining soil i have just one set with a wider patern) burying the line whenever i can and steaking it down so it stays put and out of the way.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in an apartment and have to transport my stuff a long way, no way I'll do more work, transport more weight and volume for some hippie ideology or longtime sustainability.

no offense but i find this funny, because everything you need is all around your guerilla grow already. nature is organic and she supplies everything you could possibly need to grow amazing pot.

hamstring

Veteran
I loose spots, due to critters and rippers(which i don't use again), so building up good soil isn't interesting either.
When i have a house+ garden again it's a whole other matter, but i still won't use organics for GUERILLA!
And to tell the truth i suspect alot of the proponents of guerilla-organics here are either growing in their own backyard or just full of shit. Every recipe containing bloodmeal ect. is a signal "Eat me" to the critters, still
i hear these recipes all the time, that's why i suspect either gardengrows or theory spinners.

I have to agree with this and said some of the same things in my post on this thread. Nice to see another Guerrilla grower who understands that we are the gypsies of growing. Always moving, hit and run tactics (hence the term Guerrilla) and never enough time do total organic. I have nothing against it and respect it its a good pratice but hard to incorperate into guerrilla growing.

I would guess I feed&water all at the same time any one plant 4 times a year with veg fert and 2 times with bloom. Thats 6 times total in 4-4.5 months. I also consider my self a greenie and don’t think a couple of seasons (If I am lucky) of putting some water-soluble ferts in the soil is doing too much damage.
PEACE

TLoft13

no offense but i find this funny, because everything you need is all around your guerilla grow already. nature is organic and she supplies everything you could possibly need to grow amazing pot.
I get where you're coming from Jaykush, just a few points so you understand my position better:
1. Hogs often kill my newly planted babies, apparently they smell dug up earth and think there's something good in there.
2. I have to transport every litre of stuff a LLOOOONG way,
no way to avoid been seen by people.
3. I even can be "seen" at my spots, or more exactly i see people, dozens of them, they don't see me cause I'm good at being stealthy and they are not paying attention.
Bringing organic fertilizer or prefertilized earth would mean more trips- more risk.
Collecting a meaningfull mass of compost at my spots would probably triple or quadruple my exposure time there. And i guess the hogs would be more attracted.

Greetings,
TLoft13