What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feminism...Merriam Webster Word of the Year

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I guess that members just don't have much to say about the subject of feminism. Women have equality with men under law throughout the West for many years, and there is pay-parity too in most industries, so I guess that feminists don't have so much to do any more and only a small percentage of women identify with being a 'Feminist'.....they are a dying breed.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Dying breed or sleeping giant, it's hard to tell.

I can't help but think of all those pink pussyhats that spontaniously appeared last year in the marches, that could be an indication of where "we" stand.;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the thing is that like anything, taken to extremes, it's not healthy, not personally nor for society. there are in fact quite a number of woman who were proud feminists back in the day, who are shocked at what it's becoming on the extreme and very vocal end of the spectrum.

lets be honest there is a certain branch that thinks feminism is about hating men. these are the feminists who have sullied the movement of feminism with their extreme take on the subject. i mean, there is one out there who believes a man entering a woman while erect is guilty of sexual assault, lol.

where as the more average people want equality of opportunity for both sexes, not necessarily equality of out come.

what you want, do and say in your life should make a difference to the outcome, whether you are male or female.

what we should achieve, is equal opportunity for both sexes. in many cases this has been legally achieved and now society just has to catch up to full implementation. but you will always have some disparity in the actual outcomes, cause we have different interests, strengths and weaknesses and they will always effect the outcome. so we need to be sensible and let things evolve in a natural way so we can see what works and what doesn't.

you will never have as many female miners as male, just like you will never have as many male nurses as female. some things are just more in our nature then others. it's just a fact of human biology. but for sure, i think we need more woman in government. specially at the top the disparity in numbers is still too high, our reps should represents everyone after all.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
nancy pelosi

nothing more need be said
although i could go many more...

is that representation? gosh i hope you don't think so either.

another stab at mathematics of 'feminism', it's just another 'ism'

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to be honest the whole career politician thing is flawed, it makes them a class onto them selves, living separately from the common man, never going through things we go through, nor dealing with daily struggles people go through. they become like a seperate class altogether. they become susceptible to lobbying and sacrificing huge amounts of money to keep jobs in their state and general corruption. but thats not a problem of men or woman, it's more of a systemic problem made even worse by human nature.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe someday men will become subjugated by these super feminist women, then they would need to start a Masculist organization....to 'Fight for Men's Rights!'...lol

That'll be the day....

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: 'The Men's Movement', we've had that in the USA since around 1989 or so.

.......... haven't hear a peep about it in many, many years!:tiphat:

vta

Veteran
Happy New Year !!! :greenstars:

picture.php

Lyfespan

so so many issues with females when they want "equality" when they stop dropping to their knees to get what they want and playing guys with sex, then the playing field will be at least a lil level. till then too many guys feeding the monster.