What's new

Feds Threaten State Dispensaries Nationwide

G

guest8905

WOwowOW

I think this is bigger than a lot of patients think. Thisis sad imo, very sad. Dont the feds have more important things to deal with? oh yeah i forgot its easy to go after plants, not real criminals!

Mi say what agwann, dis is some pure rasclaat business. Obama you are like all the rest, bumbaclott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in reality this will drive prices a bit higher, create a more lucritive black market, which in turn will create even more so called criminals for the feds to arrest. funny how that works?

well thanks big brother for trying to fuck us again, but watch out...the revolution a come!

"By the ballot or the bullet, by the bible or the gun...any which way...revolution a come!"- Mutabaruka

Let them come.We will grow even more next year than this and flood every po dunk town from here to Timbuctoo.Do they realy think they can stop people from growing and consuming a plant or proliferating it all across the country.The east coast is still flooded with Cali greenhouse pounds on top of pounds,thats all every one is puffn all day.Its not the dispensary scene they should be worried about its the hundreds and hundreds of pounds finding their way across this great country of ours into every pipe,bong,vaporizer,and blunt at every festival or concert or any where open minded,like minded people get together.They cant stop it as long as there is a demand there will be a supply.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
WOwowOW
I think this is bigger than a lot of patients think. This is sad imo, very sad. Dont the feds have more important things to deal with? oh yeah i forgot its easy to go after plants, not real criminals!

That's the point ...they don't have much else to do that's as an easy target as busting dispensaries, and there's alot of money for then to gain if the prove their cases . Its an entire different matter going after Mexican Cartels & the real black market they've directly created by prohibition .

Mexican violence, murders ( & now killing of children) in Mexico is escalting

" 5th child victim killed in Mexico drug violence "
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_drug_war_mexico

"Mexican shoot-out kills 18 as drug violence surges"
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.bee25ad505d0bd98c8334b462ec0e531.821

Private Armies

Possibly going forward dealing with border issues by assembling private armies as proposed by Blackwater in 2008 & this latest $100mil proposal that was passed in the Imperial Valley. And like the Israelies building 1500mis of fencing/walls .
http://narcosphere.narconews.com/no...war-training-complex-planned-us-mexico-border

Taxation & Regulation

Ultimately , the raids in SoCal , (4 in Montana) & the Audits of Harborside , leave or love the dispensaries which paid near $100mil in taxes last year , has all to do with the contention maintained by the gov't that deducting expense of buying marijuana is illegal , therefore the dispensaries are illegal . So without the deduction expense of purchasing stock meds a dispesary like Harborside faces a 35% tax instead of 9%, since HS paid $2.3mil on $22mil sales . The Gov't/IRS is looking to gain $5.5mil more in taxes from Harborside alone should it win its case ....and an added tax of $30mil on all the rest of the operating Dispensaries in Cali . Like Alcohol & cigarettes the final solution seems easy, in final decriminalization , taxation & regulation ...which is what the gov't does the most ...(or worst )

"Harborside Dispensary Being Audited by IRS"

http://kymkemp.com/2010/12/11/harborside-dispensary-being-audited-by-irs/
since federal law makes marijuana illegal, that forcing a dispensary to pay taxes is a form of self incrimination. The attorneys argue that when a dispensary pays taxes they are forced to state that they are selling a controlled substance and state how much they sell which could be used as evidence against them in a federal court.

Last edited:

crazybear

I don't live in Cali or any med state, but I think a lot of people thought mmj was going to treat very sick people & when people see images on tv of healthy looking people going into dispensaries it well sickens them!
Hell my wife said to one of her family members that has real bad back pain also that they the VA. should try mmj, & much to my surprise she said yes people that need it should be able to I thought somebody was going to need to help me off the ground I was floored by her :plant grow:!

What do you mean by "healthy looking" ? Whats so sickening about "healthy looking" people treating serious mental issues like depression or social anxiety disorder or PTS ?I mean you dont have to be in a wheel chair or have MS to need medicinal cannabis,after all isnt all responsable cannabis use medicinal?Harm reduction another valid reason many people use cannabis it sure beats doing opiates every day.How is Prozac,oxycontin,Zoloft,Xanax,healthy?

I don't think you can blame it on California, the people or the owners of the clubs, directly. Although, unfortunately, many club owners are not cannabis enthusiasts, but entrepreneurs. Real patients who care for other patients can rarely afford to open up a club, and jump through all the hoops, take the risk for little to zero profit (you have to pay bills), and last very long. Those are the ones the cops go after first. They don't even care about the ones run by mafia or gang members. Crime keep the cops in power, funds them, and gets them new toy guns to play with. If they took out the criminal element, we would only be left with a good fresh, healthy looking face, and they can't have that displayed before the media. Cannabis has always been a thorn in the side of corrupt controllers.

designer

Obama seen what happened losing many senate seats in the election in November. Liberal initiatives like Prop 19 failed and the one in Washington state never even made it to ballot. He has to make adjustments to court more middle grounders and right winger to win the coveted second term. Politics boys and girls, that is how it is played.

crazybear

What do you mean by "healthy looking" ? Whats so sickening about "healthy looking" people treating serious mental issues like depression or social anxiety disorder or PTS ?I mean you dont have to be in a wheel chair or have MS to need medicinal cannabis,after all isnt all responsable cannabis use medicinal?Harm reduction another valid reason many people use cannabis it sure beats doing opiates every day.How is Prozac,oxycontin,Zoloft,Xanax,healthy?

I'm not trying to step on anybodies toes, I agree with you, but it's how main stream america looks at it! I was given prozac, zoloft by quack Dr. for pain & no it's not healthy, nor is oxycontin or morphine or any other pills out of the pharmacy ! Like I said not from cali or any other med state but I think that's how a lot of people perceive the cannabis scene from pictures of people that in their minds don't really "need" cannabis for their affliction!:plant grow:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Crime keep the cops in power, funds them, and gets them new toy guns to play with. If they took out the criminal element, we would only be left with a good fresh, healthy looking face, and they can't have that displayed before the media. Cannabis has always been a thorn in the side of corrupt controllers.

This is the crux here ...with so many police dept's running on empty & having to lay-off large numbers of officers extracting every dollar they can out of apprehending & proscecution of usually minor offenders finances what is one of the largest growing businesses in the US which is the prison systems . We all know the statistics of jail populations & drugs with MJ accounting for the majority .

Funny thing also , is the crime & violent crime rate in Los Angleles has been going down every year in the last 6yrs to the lowest levels in 40yrs . This at a time when economic hardship would dictate there would be a trendency for crime to increase not decrease and they have no explanation for it . Certainly we could say then , that the proliferation of Medical marijuana dispensaries (up in the 100's ) in the last 6yrs had no ill effects ? <G
http://www.google.com/search?source...us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSNF

Also with jobless rates so high in the US , housing markets & building at all time lows, rising oil/energy , commodities & wholesale costs, plus the challenge to America's position as the leading producer in the world (China just surpassed the US as largest producer of goods ) ...the subject of legalizing & regulating MJ is farther down on the list of issues people want to think about . Plus there's always a flight to conservitive stances during times like these ...and under this umbrella of conservatism the Fed's get to play at whatever games they choose which has all to do with chasing the money .

M

manfood420

Here here... one of my biggest pet peeves is the delusion that someone has to be in a wheelchair to be seriously ill/disabled. Not true aat alll

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another brick in the wall of freedom. Sad day for MMJ, very sad and unjust. I'm ashamed of my own country sometimes and this is one of those times I'm afraid. Free the Cannabis plant! :canabis:

accessndx

&#9835;All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Maybe if peeps here in CA would cool the fuck out and use some discretion instead of filling our newspapers with full-page 4 color ads full of price lists, floating Bob Marley heads and fucking purple gorillas toking giant blunts, there wouldn't be such a backlash against MMJ nationwide.
Quoted for truth. Marijuana is medicine. It's obviously helpful for a number of conditions....and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. That being said, people do act like total assclowns running around flaunting it in the aforementioned ways Ponde described. They make a total gigantic motherf*cking joke of the "medicine" premise when it's portrayed in that way. Very easy to get the wrong idea.

If it's a medicine, treat it as such. If you say it's medicine, yet display it as a recreational drug....you're begging for misinterpretation and mischaracterization on a gross scale.

It's a very fine line to walk sometimes, and it's easy to get carried away. The entire public view of MMJ is fragile at best, and needs to be tended in such a way as to nurture the development of the public consciousness.....not hamper it.

In other words: WAVY GRAVY should not be the spokesperson for MMJ. You get my drift? It should always be some cat in a wheelchair stating how much it's impacted their life in a positive light. It shouldn't be the bleary eyed slacker with the tie-dyed shirt and long beard that has "anxiety", and some nominal pain on their way to the next Phish show. Capiche? How obvious should that be?

Got NO problems with recreational use. It should however definitely be distanced to a much greater degree from MMJ use to properly distinguish the actual medicinal benefit....and not detract from it.

By doing that in the short term, you've ensured long term success in both medicinal and recreational arenas. :tiphat:

Iraganji

cuss.gif
I fart in their general direction! :mooning:

HawaiianGrown

So, the Feds are fine with sick individuals using cannabis , but just don't try to buy it, store it, or talk about getting any with anyone, cause the Feds don't like buying, storing, or conspiring about the herb.

Plus, why is it that all open minded intelligent people call it cannabis, yet every fucking cop and prosecutor insists on calling it by its racist and baggage-laden "marijuana" ?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I am almost ashamed to be American now. This is absolutely not what the founding fathers had in mind at the inception of this republic. God help us all.

i have been ashamed to be an American since i open up my eyes and realized what we do to everyone world wide... greed is the only thing around rules everything.. money power status... disgusting ass shit....

Americawas founded on some good notions and we were bought out but corporations along time ago... in the last 16 years our government and economy was sold away bit by bit and this is why we are where we are...

i do remember who said it but i do believe it was a founding fathers and it went something like... " a democracy has to uprise every two hundred years to keep the corruption down and not collapse in on itself....(it was said with much more class and intellect lol... thats the message though...)

we are 34 years late....

i would also like to note this was just around the same time the made it a schedule III for drug companies... so they declassed it for them and told us that they were stepping up raids regardless of state law.... how much money was given to the feds this time???

itisme

Veteran
Douchebags.....

What he said........I'd like to point out - The money could had been put to better use.

I also wonder how much they stole (confiscated-legally HEHEHEH)

After those thoughts douchbags mixed with every VD know to man mixed in one of the old school bags that hung in the showers back in the day. EEEEEWW...why the FXIK did my aunt do that shit???? :comfort: Sorry that last part was a personal flashback.

WE GOTTA TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK AND KILL THE DRUG LAWS!