What's new

Feds Shutting Down Harborside....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
..Speaking of not being surprised, I'm also not surprised to see that this idea about the public's impression of Our Cause/how We are represented is met with "0 of 2 members found this helpful."

The more time I spend in this thread, reading the absolute closed-mindedness of some of the members here, the more discouraged I get about the acceptance of cannabis.

Seems that the popular sentiment around here is that if you're not beating your chest and threatening to bomb federal courthouses in the name of DANK BUDZ BRAH, then clearly you must be either a "sheep" or "supporting The Man."

it's also possible that people voted dont like that post, because it was all focused on superficial stuff,it was insulting to the harborside owner and his brother. maybe some people think people should be able to dress how the fuck they want without being judged. specially not by a bunch of fellow stoners who one would think would be more open minded. just an idea, i didnt vote on that post.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
it's also possible that people voted dont like that post, because it was all focused on superficial stuff,it was insulting to the harborside owner and his brother. maybe some people think people should be able to dress how the fuck they want without being judged. specially not by a bunch of fellow stoners who one would think would be more open minded. just an idea, i didnt vote on that post.

If you walk into a bank to open an account wearing a suit and tie, the treatment you get will likely be different than if you walked in with ripped jeans, a Skynyrd t-shirt, old grungy tennis shoes, unshaven, and unshowered.

Again, that's just a fact. It's not necessarily something I believe in, and not necessarily something I agree with.

But it's a fact.

I don't like being judged either. None of us do. Doesn't change the fact that's the world in which we live..

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
and marijuana in the hands of individuals who do not have a demonstrated medical need," she said.
i was talking about slight changes in perception can have DRAMATIC impact and it's almost imperceptible...

in this case the ubertwunt says the individuals "have not demonstrated medical need"

this has become acceptable as the populace has shifted it's way of thinking over time.
the truth is the burden is on the state to prove reasonable suspicion that the individuals in question do not have a medical need and swear oaths of affirmation to such before any warrants can issue. but in the area of geraldo and nancy grace this is no longer the case.
people willingly accept the prove you need it mentality.

same thing in the constitution thread but people digress into other arguments...

Last edited:

gingerale

Veteran
If you walk into a bank to open an account wearing a suit and tie, the treatment you get will likely be different than if you walked in with ripped jeans, a Skynyrd t-shirt, old grungy tennis shoes, unshaven, and unshowered.

The bank is a private business and they can treat people how they like.

Not the case with the government--who are the People's employees, and can be replaced at will.

That's one of our main guiding principles in this country, and it's true regardless of who tries to argue it isn't.

Over 51% of America now believes marijuana should be legalized. That's a fact.

Anyone arguing for the "other side" and "reminding" us of these contrary "facts" is doing nothing but wasting our fucking time, and hurting our cause.

HUGE

Veteran
Well said and in my opinion this is the rough draft for how to win this battle. Demonstations, sit in and riots in the street don't really work. Been there done that back in the 70's and things in many ways are worse now. The way we win this battle is to shed our apathy and get out there and vote. Not just vote and sit back and hope the winner does the right thing. Rather vote, then write, call, petition, make sure the elected knows the position of the constituency and hold him/her accountable. If he/she isn't doing what you demand then thro the bum out next election. Wash, rinse, repeat until we get someone in there that does listen and serve the will of the people who elected him/her. That's how to win this battle.

Apparently you didn't learn the lesson southpark tried to teach you. Douche milkshake vs turd sandwich. Your answer is vote them out. Their answer is 2 fold. First they provide you with the "choice's" and "I care not who votes, I only care who counts the votes".

silver hawaiian

Veteran
The bank is a private business and they can treat people how they like.

Not the case with the government--who are the People's employees, and can be replaced at will.

That's one of our main guiding principles in this country, and it's true regardless of who tries to argue it isn't.

Over 51% of America now believes marijuana should be legalized. That's a fact.

Anyone arguing for the "other side" and "reminding" us of these contrary "facts" is doing nothing but wasting our fucking time, and hurting our cause.

Are you implying this is me? 'Cause if so, .. Comprehension fail.

Take this out of the DANKBUDZBRAH context for a minute. Set the bong down, just for a second, please. Got it? Here we go.

We live in a world where people make judgements and assessments based on: Status, fashion, hairstyle, the cars we drive, the money we make, the jobs we have, the sports we like, the foods we like, where we choose to eat dinner, whether or not we trim our nose hair, whether or not we have broccoli in our teeth, if we're fat, if we have tattoos, if we have bad teeth, if we have body odor, if we wear shorts in the dead of winter, if we watch Letterman vs. Leno, if we like mushrooms on our pizza, Democrat or Republican, Coke or Pepsi...

Still with me?

We live in a world where people make judgements based upon all of these things - silly or not.

That is all. And I'm not sure how recitation of that fact is "arguing for The Other Side" or "Wasting Your Fucking Time."

(As a matter of fact, some simple tire-kicking of the situation may even prove a useful exercise to understand the context of our Prohibition..)

It's really starting to feel around here like unless your post says "Down with the imperial forces of Evil, we must unite and rise up and burn to the ground the current establishment of these fascist pigs VIVA LA REVOLUCION!," then clearly we're all rooting FOR this continued prohibition.

S

SeaMaiden

SH, honestly, this debate is reminding me of how I've tried to explain to some young folks in my life how and why it is they are continually being pulled over. Clearly, there are one or more features about how they present themselves to law enforcement that causes LEOs to say, "I need to pull this guy over and shake him down, should turn something up."

I've had interesting experiences with locals in my county, including a meeting with an ag inspector who knew exactly who I am and then used that to begin a discussion about this inspector's feelings about cannabis and MMJ. And do you want to know how she opened the conversation?

"You are NOTHING like how I imagined you!"

Think about what that says, and while you're thinking about it, remember that this person was at *least* 10 years my JUNIOR (I'm almost 50). Think about what that says.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but don't you get the sense that the normalization/legalization/acceptance of cannabis is as close as it's ever been? It's no doubt DOJ sees the writing on the wall and has decided to "pull out all the stops" in a futile effort to turn back the tide, starting with the largest dispensary in the world.

They know the clock is ticking, and should Obama win his 2nd term, he will most likely end America's drug war. There have been leaks from his Admin. saying as much. Tick tock...:biggrin:

Oh, yes, I get that feeling as well. That's why I think our corporateaucracy (sp?) is SCRAMBLING to slam the lid on these businesses. It's got to be corporatized.

Just think about it. The economic impact and potential have been and are being laid out (I recently met a master's candidate whose thesis is based on economics and economic impacts of cannabis), and those in power now KNOW what a fiscal powerhouse lies in cannabis.

AND THEY WANT IT ALL FOR THEMSELVES.

That is what I personally think is happening. This concurrent shift in ideology at the citizen level along with the feds working furiously to stuff this genie back into the bottle, and eliminate the "B&M" "Mom & Pop" competition for the Big Players.

Just think about it.

Again, that's just a fact. It's not necessarily something I believe in, and not necessarily something I agree with.

But it's a fact.

I don't like being judged either. None of us do. Doesn't change the fact that's the world in which we live..
Yep. I see you as merely being the messenger, the bearer of bad tidings, not the harbinger.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apparently you didn't learn the lesson southpark tried to teach you. Douche milkshake vs turd sandwich. Your answer is vote them out. Their answer is 2 fold. First they provide you with the "choice's" and "I care not who votes, I only care who counts the votes".

LOL<<<>>>
wpid-giant_douche_turd.jpg

Cabron

Veteran
You scared the shit out of the judge and prosecutor try one, consequently your name was put on the no fly list. They force you to act as they want you to, consequently no more jury duty for you.

The system is evil and poisoned, we are living in an Orwellian world where justice is injustice and free thinking individuals have no place in an injustice system. The system has an amazing ability to marginalize free thinking individuals.

:joint:

Can I get an Amen to that !!!
Very well put .....kudos

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
If Stephen wants to make it harder for himself, he will have Men in Dresses showing up for publicity and interviews.. Hard enough that he looks like Pippi Longstocking.

Not a judgement at all. I am all for "Life-as-Art," and diversity...

But, to work within the Shitstem, and possibly reach a "Goal" sooner rather than later, it is helpful to play their game.
Maybe let the Prominent Lawyers be the "Face" of the Case...

abellguy

But it's a fact.

This would only be true under one context, so your statement means nothing. If a homeless person was given a suit and tie and went into the bank to get a lone do you think he would get one? The suite and tie don't get the lone, who you are does. I am sure Bill Gates could put on a disguise wear his "ripped jeans, a Skynard t-shirt, old grungy tennis shoes, unshaven, and unshowered" and guess what he would get the lone. You made a real bad analogy there. Well said by Gaiusmarius in that superficial stuff of clothes shouldn't matter especially to someone with 1770 posts on a marijuana forum.

The world IS changing and people are recognizing that most of the people in power are nothing but pawns for some other agenda that they just can't quite put their finger on but know is there. The status quo wants you to be doing and saying just what you are instead of embracing your brother, that may be wearing a dress, have braids or locks, there with his hand out to help you out of that hole your in.

We need to be following Gene Sharp's ideals of resistance and joining together under the one flag that we all hold together despite our differences on the outside. Any race is only different by less than 1% physically so why do we put so much importance on what someone has on rather than what they stand for? :rasta:

http://www.solarmovie.eu/watch-how-to-start-a-revolution-2011.html

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This would only be true under one context, so your statement means nothing. If a homeless person was given a suit and tie and went into the bank to get a lone do you think he would get one? The suite and tie don't get the lone, who you are does. I am sure Bill Gates could put on a disguise where his "ripped jeans, a Skynard t-shirt, old grungy tennis shoes, unshaven, and unshowered" and guess what he would get the lone. You made a real bad analogy there. Well said by Gaiusmarius in that superficial stuff of clothes shouldn't matter especially to someone with 1770 posts on a marijuana forum.

The world IS changing and people are recognizing that most of the people in power are nothing but pawns for some other agenda that they just can't quite put their finger on but know is there. The status quo wants you to be doing and saying just what you are instead of embracing your brother, that may be wearing a dress, have braids or locks, there with his hand out to help you out of that hole your in.

We need to be following Gene Sharp's ideals of resistance and joining together under the one flag that we all hold together despite our differences on the outside. Any race is only different by less than 1% physically so why do we put so much importance on what someone has on rather than what they stand for? :rasta:

http://www.solarmovie.eu/watch-how-to-start-a-revolution-2011.html

..I think you're reading a bit more into the analogy than I'd intended. The moral of the story is that, yes, it is an absolute fact that we live in a world where we are judged on our appearance (among other things).

If you really want to play out my bank analogy (FWIW I never referenced a loan. But let's play along with your loan scenario. Your credit-worthiness has zero to do with your appearance. The bank wants to know if you've got a strong credit profile, are you overextended on your debts, can you verify sufficient income to meet repayment terms, what's your payment history, etc.)

The point I was making is simple and 500% true: We're judged. Judged. Judged. Every day of the week.

(And in re: number of posts on a MMJ forum, I'm really not sure the relevance. Is it a bad thing that I enjoy the exchange of ideas? Because I'm not sure what else you'd imply based on number-of-posts..)

And LASTLY, for the thousandth-f*cking-time, just because I'm reminding y'all of facts (this time, that we live in a world where judgements are made every second of every day), does not mean I SUPPORT said fact.

If I said "It is a fact that people are tortured in some corners of the world." ..Would you take that to mean that I endorse, support, and fully embrace torture? :crazy:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the other thing to think about is they are there fighting this fight, so let them dress as they please while doing so. it's their life and their consequences. if they been dressing like that all along, why should they totally change just because they happened to end up on tv?

no one is saying that the world isn't full if bigots, just that it shouldn't be and at least here lets accept people as they are and not use the bigoted judgmental measuring stick of western society to judge people.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
the other thing to think about is they are there fighting this fight, so let them dress as they please while doing so. it's their life and their consequences. if they been dressing like that all along, why should they totally change just because they happened to end up on tv?

no one is saying that the world isn't full if bigots, just that it shouldn't be and at least here lets accept people as they are and not use the bigoted judgmental measuring stick of western society to judge people.

I agree. Let 'em dress however they want. In public or in private, let 'em do whatever floats their boat. No skin off my back.

Let's just not act shocked when the MSM tries to marginalize them based on their dress code. It ain't right, but it's da troof.

abellguy

..I think you're reading a bit more into the analogy than I'd intended. The moral of the story is that, yes, it is an absolute fact that we live in a world where we are judged on our appearance (among other things).

If you really want to play out my bank analogy (FWIW I never referenced a loan. But let's play along with your loan scenario. Your credit-worthiness has zero to do with your appearance. The bank wants to know if you've got a strong credit profile, are you overextended on your debts, can you verify sufficient income to meet repayment terms, what's your payment history, etc.)

The point I was making is simple and 500% true: We're judged. Judged. Judged. Every day of the week.

(And in re: number of posts on a MMJ forum, I'm really not sure the relevance. Is it a bad thing that I enjoy the exchange of ideas? Because I'm not sure what else you'd imply based on number-of-posts..)

And LASTLY, for the thousandth-f*cking-time, just because I'm reminding y'all of facts (this time, that we live in a world where judgements are made every second of every day), does not mean I SUPPORT said fact.

If I said "It is a fact that people are tortured in some corners of the world." ..Would you take that to mean that I endorse, support, and fully embrace torture? :crazy:

It's real simple SH, continuing to point out what the status quo is doing or thinks is getting the movement nowhere. Unity does not happen with 6 people standing around trying to form a circle holding hands when one of them is constantly pointing out the colors of each of them :rasta:

G

greenmatter

Romney is the Bain of Americas existence!

:laughing:

SO TRUE!!!!!!

the big O is not on my favorite persons list, but i don't even consider romney a human. we all know politicians will say anything to get elected but that ass clown takes the term "spineless sellout bitchboy" to a new level

hating obama is something i can actually get my brain around, but supporting the other option is just to much to ask

silver hawaiian

Veteran
It's real simple SH, continuing to point out what the status quo is doing or thinks is getting the movement nowhere. Unity does not happen with 6 people standing around trying to form a circle holding hands when one of them is constantly pointing out the colors of each of them :rasta:

+ for this (especially the analogy). I suppose my frustration is with the fact that to forward Our Cause, ought we first understand the foundation/context of the battleground..

abellguy

+ for this (especially the analogy). I suppose my frustration is with the fact that to forward Our Cause, ought we first understand the foundation/context of the battleground..

I understand the frustration very much so having come from the background I have. I linked a movie a couple of posts back called "How to Start a Revolution" it's kinda like Gene Sharp's video journal. it is beyond amazing, only about an hour long and if we in our movement start implementing his ideals we soon will win our fight. I have no doubt about it. A cool side note is that his "hobby" in his upstairs greenhouse is orchid farming something that resinated with me greatly :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts