What's new

Feds Shutting Down Harborside....

Jon 54

so....it only took 5 pages for the bigots and hypocrites to step forward - lol

NO ONE - deserves to have their freedom taken - put inside cages like cattle -

OVER CANNABIS.

How any member of this forum can come in here and say otherwise nearly renders me speechless.

dank.Frank

Are we hypocrites or bigots because we don't follow the rest of the sheep and question the true agenda of the DeAngelo brothers??? Who is really controlling this thread the minute there is a difference of opinion than the name calling starts. You better prove I'm a bigot before you start in on me . Who pulls your chain??? I sure don't see anyone behind any cage or bars :snap out of it::snap out of it: Jon 54

gingerale

Veteran
Granted - most peoples Rx medications are subsidized by federal money into the thousands of dollars - so I am merely referring to a patients out of pocket expenses...

What I don't get is, why are a dispensary the most vile, evil fuckers on Earth for charging patients for medicine, yet the Federal government can rob us in our sleep (taxes) to buy pain pills from Big Pharma and that's A-OK? Even at $300/oz marijuana still costs a fraction of what many other effective medicines cost. The price of ALL of it has been inflated and blown way out of proportion by the government's actions.

But Harborside is going to take it to court - and duke it out with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT - "THE MAN" - Going to stand toe to toe - chest out - PROUD of what they did....and I don't care what you say - that takes a serious set of balls.

I wish them the best and hope they spank the government up one side of the street and back down the other - airing all the dirty laundry out along the way...

Damn right... I'm rooting for em. Anyone rooting for the Feds can kiss my ass. All the jealous hatred in this thread is sickening.

cchem

What I don't get is, why are a dispensary the most vile, evil fuckers on Earth for charging patients for medicine, yet the Federal government can rob us in our sleep (taxes) to buy pain pills from Big Pharma and that's A-OK? Even at $300/oz marijuana still costs a fraction of what many other effective medicines cost. The price of ALL of it has been inflated and blown way out of proportion by the government's actions.

Damn right... I'm rooting for em. Anyone rooting for the Feds can kiss my ass. All the jealous hatred in this thread is sickening.

I hope they win too. Any win is a win but it isn't jealous hatred that DeAngelo sort to corner the market for dispensaries while going for a massive licensed grow in Oakland and actively lobbied against legalization. Like I said, hopefully the two States voting on legalization learn from the mistakes of Ca. If Obama had gone after mj in any way shape or form had Prop 19 passed this would have been seen as an attack on democracy. I have no feelings for DeAngelo either way (certainly not hatred). I don't fancy his chances of beating the Feds (then they'll just come after him again with a new set of charges) but all the power to him in his court battle.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

Their logic is the set of laws under which they operate. Cannabis remains illegal, under all scenarios, per the federal gubm'nt.

By that logic, what they're doing should be entirely anticipated and expected.

That's not to say I agree with or endorse that logic, but for anyone to be shocked and appalled, it's, well, kind of shocking and appalling.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't being an illegal alien against federal law?

How many of those federal law breakers is Ms. superKunt using her violate fed law I violate you logic on?

Perhaps her logic is smash HUGE pot shop get lots of media coverage, I really doubt the law has the slightest impact on her political maneuvering.

:joint:

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are we hypocrites or bigots because we don't follow the rest of the sheep and question the true agenda of the DeAngelo brothers??? Who is really controlling this thread the minute there is a difference of opinion than the name calling starts. You better prove I'm a bigot before you start in on me . Who pulls your chain??? I sure don't see anyone behind any cage or bars :snap out of it::snap out of it: Jon 54

Much like myself - you place yourself in a position to prove that your speculation towards his intentions are any more complete or accurate than mine own...

And I NEVER directed my comment to anyone person in particular...

Funny how you identify with said remarks, no?

Sheep? How is it you gather that? The point I made had NOT even been suggested UNTIL I offered it forward...

I state you are a bigot because your only basis for supporting their arrest - they charged more than you can afford. Class-ism?

Did their existence PREVENT you from getting your medicine? NO.

The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON THE OTHER HAND.....

I won't even get into Economics 101 - or capitalism.

SO - if you FEEL so passionately about their wrong doing - what have YOU done to set the record straight?

How many patients are you caring for without charge? PRECISELY. It's not free, is it?

How many of the 100,000 patients they serviced would have been completely without - LIKE OTHERS - without their provision?

So - you would rather have that $60 eighth go to the street hustler - than to someone who is now taking on the federal government?

I'm not saying it makes it right - I'm not justifying it. I'm not excusing it. (the price)

What I am saying is this case has potential to REALLY CHANGE THINGS - and we should all get behind it.

Doesn't mean we have to put money back in their coffers afterwards....

If people don't pay the prices - they would stop charging them. Again - I won't explain economics to you. The simple reality is - you all kind of do it to yourselves.

Don't blame Harborside that doctors gave out recs to any one who wanted one - which CREATED the market genre of folks willing to PAY - just like they were before they had a card. The difference is it went from the shadows to the storefront.

Is it wrong Harborside acted on this influx of customers WILLING to pay the prices they were asking - absolutely not.

Did their existence PREVENT others from providing in a TRULY compassionate manner - ABSOLUTELY NOT. [albeit, they may have been lobbying or pushing for such - it NEVER became the reality]

dank.Frank

gingerale

Veteran
^ I have been thinking on this and other subjects more and more, and what I've come to realize is that the key to fixing basically every problem in this world is education. So many problems in this world are caused by ignorance. All of these entitlement programs and other economic fallacies are based on ignorance. The Internet is what will save us all....but it's only the beginning.

A

Alone

I have a great idea.......If we want to be heard by the government that enslaves us......stop buying lottery tickets...Stop useing credit cards...Stop buying alcohol... stop buying cigarettes... bankrupt the tobacco and alcohol companies until the government listens to us.

They treat us like animals that need to be whipped into submission when it should be the other way around. NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE unless we unify as a nation of civilians. But its each his own! Everyone is so greedy to keep the little they got that thats all they will ever have. Isolated in their little life in a box. Happy to be left alone and trust that the American system will be there for you till you die and whatever laws they make must be for the greater good. Its so sad to see peoples hearts so far from oneanother that the unified government has full control and power over everyone of us. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FULL CONTROL OF OUR GOVERNMENT! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! WE WERE WARNED ABOUT THIS IN THE CONSTITUTION!

IS ANYONE LISTENING!?!?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't being an illegal alien against federal law?

How many of those federal law breakers is Ms. superKunt using her violate fed law I violate you logic on?

Perhaps her logic is smash HUGE pot shop get lots of media coverage, I really doubt the law has the slightest impact on her political maneuvering.

Being an illegal alien is in fact illegal. And if the feds went on a campaign and rounded up all of the illegals, and there was a big outcry from the illegal community, you know what I'd say?

"Yeah. They're enforcing a law. Not a new one. Not surprised here."

That's far from supporting the law or its enforcement - it's just an educated, aware response. Not a surprise.

paper thorn

Veteran
Being an illegal alien is in fact illegal. And if the feds went on a campaign and rounded up all of the illegals, and there was a big outcry from the illegal community, you know what I'd say?

That's far from supporting the law or its enforcement - it's just an educated, aware response. Not a surprise.
I'd be really surprised if the feds really went after illegal aliens.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i really think dank.frank has it fully right here.

being angry at people selling bud in dispensaries because it's not cheap is just stupid. as long as the gov keeps locking people up and destroying lives due to cannabis growing or selling, you have to expect people to want to be compensated for that risk.

as can be seen even supposedly legal establishments are not safe. so don't put the cart before the horse guys, it will not move. once the laws change the prices will change,it's plain simple logic imo.

S

SeaMaiden

Please, let's not turn this into another 'illegal alien' hate-fest. The numbers are dropping, rapidly, and guess who ISN'T lining up to pick lettuce despite needing work, desperately.

For the Record, Prop 19 was a POS for us who grow. I assume you all know that Prop 19 allowed for a grow space of 25 sq ft.. For you who are anti-math, that is a 5 foot by 5 foot space....

Although I am FOR Legalization, very happy that Prop 19 didn;t pass, due to the Limitation of grow space, (I thought 25 sq ft., was in effect supporting Dispensaries, but not Medical Growers) but would like to see Ammiano's Bill gain some traction...

I agree with you on all points except Ammiano's bill (which has been killed as I recall). That thing morphed and was turned into a chimera of a 'pro-MMJ' bill. I'll have to dig up the emails and such to speak on the particulars, but basically the language that was meant to protect began to be stripped away and replaced with language that did not.
(This is not even paraphrasing, like I said, I'll have to dig up the emails.)
But using the Precedent of the Case I mentioned...could very well be what he needs to present a Medical Defense in Federal Court...if it comes to that-- Because without being able to mention MMJ, or State Law...they are sunk--:tiphat:
And, unfortunately, that defense is being regularly denied to people who are being heard in federal courts. I'm even reading of this occurring with patients in state courts. IIRC, at least one, if not all the folks associated with Today's Health Collective (Sara Herrin, et alia) in Tuolomne county have been denied some vital claims relating to MMJ. The woman is a HOSPICE NURSE, for Christ's sake, but the county is saying that the meds they dispensed were turned into profits and on that basis have shut down the operation and are prosecuting, very unjustly, all those associated with the collective.

Many jurists, but not all, seem to be in on this, too, and I base this on the widely varying rulings. We have a real problem if we have a jurist presiding over a STATE court who wishes to instead concern him- or herself with enforcement of federal law, because at that point they've shat upon the state laws. And at that point? Back in the day, there would have been a civil war, and there was.
Holy shit, and there seems to be veracity to the story as well.
No comment. Holy shit. I can see it being completely and totally possible.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look I support in general terms what Steve is trying to do but when you present yourself to the general public with this look it's hard for a middle class suburban hardworking blue collar worker to take you seriously I mean c'mon man your bro wears a dress???

picture.php

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
But Harborside is going to take it to court - and duke it out with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT - "THE MAN" - Going to stand toe to toe - chest out - PROUD of what they did....and I don't care what you say - that takes a serious set of balls.

I wish them the best and hope they spank the government up one side of the street and back down the other - airing all the dirty laundry out along the way...

dank.Frank

I agree, someone has got to do it, someone has to be the first in order for a chance at change to be born and when you're taking on someone big like the federal government you either have to have lots of money or a case that is so obvious a wrong was done that anyone can recognize it.

I too wish them the best of luck, any worrying about their business ethics can wait until MMJ is more firmly accepted as a medical treatment option that is here to stay.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
There are two issues:
1. State's rights is primary. The fed and this fed especially wants the states to know who the bitch is. The fed calls the shots and all the states can do whatever they want as long as it falls within the fedrral guidelines. That is an important factor in the concept of a strong central government. Remember the American civil war?2. Marijuana is on the federal schedule to not be of any medical value. That is steve's Only defense in Federal court. Medicinal use will Not be admitted as evidence flat out end of story. What you have then is Steveve standing trial for selling 20 million in illegal drugs a year. I appreciate what HS has done but I am a realist and it is game over. The good old days are behind us. Just like when Tons of coke come into miami every single day, making average joes billionaires, its over. And just like then all those billionaires are flat broke, telling stories of the good old days, dead or in federal prison fir the rest of their lives. And where do you think all those billions ended up? The fed of course. It is as though they let these things go on long enough to get huge and then just go take all the money. The big smart winner is the fed.

fungzyme

I appreciate what HS has done but I am a realist and it is game over. The good old days are behind us. Just like when Tons of coke come into miami every single day, making average joes billionaires, its over. And just like then all those billionaires are flat broke, telling stories of the good old days, dead or in federal prison fir the rest of their lives. And where do you think all those billions ended up? The fed of course. It is as though they let these things go on long enough to get huge and then just go take all the money. The big smart winner is the fed.

Why would you compare medicinal marijuana to the illicit cocaine trade? Fatalism will get you nowhere. Half or more of the American populace think marijuana should be legalized for medicinal use. And a court has allowed the medicinal use defense to be heard. You're witnessing the frantic power moves of an agency that knows it's losing control IMO.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Your reading level is apparently not up to understanding the correlation. Reread my post please and try to do it without a chip on your shoulder.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

You side stepped the point and denigrated myself and other free thinking cannabis cultivators.

We are the fucking illegal aliens in this analogy. The out cry is from this ILLEGAL crowd of fucking pot heads.

There is fucking out cry because their version of the LEGAL / ILLEGAL is in point of fact IMMORAL.

I would ask you to reconsider if your passive acceptance of them enforcing an immoral law is "educated or aware." Lying down like a sheep when our fellow man is thrown into a little green "la migra" van, or a blacked out DEA pig wagon seems anything but "Educated or Aware" to me.

I wish instead our response would be to rise up and straighten our spines. I care not if they kill me, but I want to die knowing the world never SAW them break me. Sure they can black bag and torturer us until we will say or do anything, but to say or do as they want because they say it is the LAW; is the least moral act a sheep can perform.

Latest posts

Latest posts