What's new

Feds Shutting Down Harborside....

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cash is king<<<>>>agree with seamaiden prices are going to rise. But it my opinion that Harbor was a primary force on Prices going down. with out them around i see things getting a little better for the growers. the common smoker will have to start buying larger amount because with HS closed it wont be so easy to pull off the freeway and get a gram or two.

I was even guilty of swinging by there instead of driving home before heading over to SF to pick up some daily smoke.

A

Alone

I have a great idea.......If we want to be heard by the government that enslaves us......stop buying lottery tickets...Stop useing credit cards...Stop buying alcohol... stop buying cigarettes... bankrupt the tobacco and alcohol companies until the government listens to us.

They treat us like animals that need to be whipped into submission when it should be the other way around. NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE unless we unify as a nation of civilians. But its each his own! Everyone is so greedy to keep the little they got that thats all they will ever have. Isolated in their little life in a box. Happy to be left alone and trust that the American system will be there for you till you die and whatever laws they make must be for the greater good. Its so sad to see peoples hearts so far from oneanother that the unified government has full control and power over everyone of us. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FULL CONTROL OF OUR GOVERNMENT! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! WE WERE WARNED ABOUT THIS IN THE CONSTITUTION!

“I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It’s not a good use of our resources.”
Barack Obama — August 21, 2007, event in Nashua, New Hampshire

“I don’t think that should be a top priority of us, raiding people who are using ... medical marijuana. With all the things we’ve got to worry about, and our Justice Department should be doing, that probably shouldn’t be a high priority.”
Barack Obama — June 2, 2007, town hall meeting in Laconia, New Hampshire

“The Justice Department going after sick individuals using [marijuana] as a palliative instead of going after serious criminals makes no sense.”
Barack Obama — July 21, 2007, town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire

Budweiser13

I really do not think it was the TV show that got them closed it would of happened without the TV show anyway...

Guest02345

wow!! its a sad day on embarcadero:( harborside was my fav club in the bay area. i really liked how the gave free classes and therapeutic sessions.

cchem

I really do not think it was the TV show that got them closed it would of happened without the TV show anyway...

DeAngelo actively lobbied against prop 19. It's sad to see but screw him. Had Californians voted in favor of leglization this would be seen as an attack on democracy which no Americaan would tolerate. Instead it is an attack on a capitalist organization that Californians voted not to make legal. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the med lobby after Prop 19 was defeated in part by Canna Capitalists like DeAngelo. The chickens have come home to roost folks. That simple. Target... Oakland. It didn't take a psychic to work out.

Budweiser13

DeAngelo actively lobbied against prop 19. It's sad to see but screw him. Had Californians voted in favor of leglization this would be seen as an attack on democracy which no Americaan would tolerate. Instead it is an attack on a capitalist organization that Californians voted not to make legal. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the med lobby after Prop 19 was defeated in part by Canna Capitalists like DeAngelo. The chickens have come home to roost folks. That simple. Target... Oakland. It didn't take a psychic to work out.

Sorry but Prop. 19 was a joke it was no better than what we already have. I really do not see pot ever being fully legalized sorry that is my opinion. Still sucks to see any medical club closed down...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
It's not about ignoring facts, dipshit. It's about not supporting The Man by apologizing for his actions. Yes, technically, cannabis is illegal per the federal government. Does that make it cool for the Feds to bust people and put them in prison? Get a clue, man.

Gingerale

For starters, the funny thing is that I in no way was referencing your post - or anyone's post, for that matter. I got neg rep for my post, and I was responding to the sentiment that what I said was somehow 'uncool.'

Secondly, never did I say it was "cool" what happened.

If you interpreted what I said as "support for the man," that's kind of surprising. Not much I can do to increase folks' comprehension..

What tires me is the attitude (which seems quite juvenile and uneducated, to be honest) that ZOMG HOW DARE ANYONE BUST ANYONE FOR DANK BUDZZZZZ.

We live in a world with rules. We don't agree with all of 'em. We can fight the ones we don't agree with. That's well and good. I"m glad there are lots of folks who fight for our rights - or what should be our rights, per the law.

In the meantime, the reality is that there are rules (we call them laws) against a good portion of what we do. And like it or not, they're enforced from time to time.

With all of this in mind, I'm not sure why it's a surprise to anyone. I apologize if this tidbit of critical thinking is "uncool."

Not being surprised =/= "Cool," or "support for the Man."

Logical, sound conversation and exchange of different ideas =/= "get a clue," and "shithead."

shitty indeed but the idea of openly operating fed illegal business on TV is shitty too
plus i see wholesale top shelf goin back above 3s where is should be !( i bust ass to grow chronic and im tired of getting 2600-2800 for it)...
also i just want to say FUCK THE FEDS go do something productive like help with the wildfires in cali and CO or fight the Mexican cartels that are fuckin up our Nat forest
NOT fuck with people 'tryin' to obey the law.....
looks like its not gonna be a friendly 4 years for us my green brothas/sistas
but we WILL FIGHT

S

SeaMaiden

What we need is for our state officials, our governor, to say ENOUGH to the feds. They're failing us. But what have we Californians done? Voted back the incumbents, by landslide numbers. If, of course, you consider barely above a 50% turnout for June's primary election to be 'landslide' numbers.

We the People are going to even have this 'right' taken away from us soon enough, just you all watch. Our government, through our inaction, has allowed our right to redress via court (suits) to be curtailed and in many instances completely eliminated, why not the vote? The vast majority just don't fucking care and can't fucking be arsed. My most facetious thanks goes to those people.

Budweiser13

The fact is the majority of society do not like pot and are voting against it. I know many folks myself that do not support it including some of my own family. I have tried to convince them but they still hate it you just cannot change people to like it and support it...

cchem

Sorry but Prop. 19 was a joke it was no better than what we already have. I really do not see pot ever being fully legalized sorry that is my opinion. Still sucks to see any medical club closed down...

If greedy assed SOBs like DeAngelo and growers vote no to legalization then my friend you are dead on the money. 2 States going for legalization now and Ca aint one of them. Fingers crossed that these States learn from the mistakes of Ca. Prop 19 was far from perfect but it was a beginning - it's failure to pass gave the feds the nod. Where's the promised 2012 Ca initiative? Dead! Because those making millions from med, including DeAngelo, failed to back it with money. And who can blame Soros for not donating after the BS that was spread about him through some know nothing numb nuts Butterfly give her a smack in the mouth:) posing as "Stoners Against Prop 19"... But I do agree - it sucks to see any med club shut down. Although totally not surprised and I wrote extensively on this months ago. I.e. The Rise and Fall of Med http://www.manicbotanix.com/sitemap/35-riseandfallofmed.html - I'm sure there will be plenty more to add to this story by the time this is all over.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find this thread VERY VERY interesting...

How come no one has stopped for 2 seconds to make this point:

THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE - THEY WANTED TO GET BUSTED. THEY WANT CASE LAW.

THEY WANT TO PRESENT CANNABIS - AS THEY SEE IT - BEFORE A JUDGE - AND WIN.

IF - IF - they can do this, then they will have done a significant thing.

Any case taken to court for cannabis is a potential referendum for change...These guys have the money and the backing to fight - for quite some time.

In my opinion - this is what they wanted. It was intentional. AND THEY ARE GOING TO WAR.

Now - as some have stated - they lobbied against legalization. I don't know the ins and outs of Prop 19 - so please don't focus on that - the point being...

If they win - their business model is upheld - and they'll be about the last ones standing. Think prices were bad now - wait till they get the go ahead to continue forward. That equals - LOTS of room for expansion opportunities - and even more money than before...

I don't know where they'll take a victory - or if it is even possible - but the potential for a landmark ruling - has NEVER been better....imo.

dank.Frank

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
What we need is for our state officials, our governor, to say ENOUGH to the feds. They're failing us. But what have we Californians done? Voted back the incumbents, by landslide numbers. If, of course, you consider barely above a 50% turnout for June's primary election to be 'landslide' numbers.

We the People are going to even have this 'right' taken away from us soon enough, just you all watch. Our government, through our inaction, has allowed our right to redress via court (suits) to be curtailed and in many instances completely eliminated, why not the vote? The vast majority just don't fucking care and can't fucking be arsed. My most facetious thanks goes to those people.

Yeah I can see it now, "Do to lack of interest and declining belief it serves any useful purpose the government has decided to do away with elections, besides we all know what you want better then you do." :rolleyes:

I was reading about this Harborside story and I couldn't believe one particular comment from Melinda the Hag,

"The larger the operation, the greater the likelihood that there will be abuse of the state's medical marijuana laws and marijuana in the hands of individuals who do not have a demonstrated medical need," Haag said in a statement on Wednesday announcing the actions.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...rs-medical-marijuana-dispensary-in-calif?lite

So essentially she's going after harborside because there is a greater chance for abuse although no identified abuse (according to the story) was actually going on.

Hey here's a thought, we should throw all government agents, workers, politicians in jail that have been on the job for more then a few months because you know, the longer they're in government the greater the chance they're corrupt. :rolleyes:

I also see that the treasury department has successfully pressured credit card companies to stop allowing credit cards to be used for medical marijuana

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...d-at-california-medical-pot-dispensaries?lite

I was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt on the dispensary issue because the US Attornies involved said publically that they were operating on thier own accord without approval from the White House but now with the Treasury department pressuring credit card companies it's pretty hard to keep believing Obama's hands are clean in all this mess.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am surprised they lasted as long as they have. The fed has declared dispensaries illegal. Once they do that it is a giant cash grab in a hurting economy. It is over ladies and gents. Mmj has to grow their own or buy black market because it is coming down. I said this many months ago.

cchem

The fact is the majority of society do not like pot and are voting against it. I know many folks myself that do not support it including some of my own family. I have tried to convince them but they still hate it you just cannot change people to like it and support it...

This is totally true after 70 years of lies and Reefer Madness. But had 51% voted yes to Prop 19 and 49% no the Obama administration would now be called to task for undermining the core foundations of democracy - and that would assure that he got his ass slung out at the next election. 215 was for the seriously ill and has been widely abused which give the Feds a foothold to shut down dispensaries without attacking the foundations of democracy.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey here's a thought, we should throw all government agents, workers, politicians in jail that have been on the job for more then a few months because you know, the longer they're in government the greater the chance they're corrupt. :rolleyes:

YES!!! LOVE IT! Brilliant take on that - well done!

:respect:

dank.Frank

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It seems that TV exposure is like putting-the-gummint's-nose-in-it.

Matt Cohen in Mendo County was shut down, after receiving Approval from the Sheriff, and being on TV.. I believe it was that Marijuana, Inc. Show.

Hard to say where this will all go...

We hear that Barry is going to 'address' the Drug War in his second term. So, it's one thing-then another...

Wholesale prices go up..? We'll see about that... Would certainly be welcome.

bentom187

Veteran
California med patients need weekly sit ins around various federal buildings IMO....

Matter of fact, every state in the union needs weekly sit ins around various federal buildings.

free speach could be a felony around federal buildings and protected people now.i wish you guys luck.

[YOUTUBEIF]7SGWH3kirzg[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]C_SXcch1nw0[/YOUTUBEIF]

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr347enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr347enr.pdf

http://bastiat.org/en/government.html