What's new

Feds reply to Cali Prop 19

Herborizer

Veteran
As for discrediting the movement, how does full legalization not discredit mmj? If vicodin was okay for everyone, it wouldn't be medicine. How could OTC smoke be seperated from medical? And, if medical buds get pushed into pharmacies then mmj is in the same broken healthcare system thats plaguing this country and our politics. I've fought long and hard for mmj and i've fought the VA even harder to allow patients their constitutional right. In the end, this is a "state's rights" issue and federalization will not be good for anyone.

Think advil, tylenol, sudafed, Nyquil, etc. These are all medicines. You can buy these over the counter. If you asked 1000 people on the street if they thought these were medicine, 999 people would agree (there are always dumb people, so that would be the 1 person who said no).

These drugs are not considered a major danger to people and thus they are over the counter. I believe Cannabis should be the same.

Think advil, tylenol, sudafed, Nyquil, etc. These are all medicines. You can buy these over the counter. If you asked 1000 people on the street if they thought these were medicine, 999 people would agree (there are always dumb people, so that would be the 1 person who said no).

These drugs are not considered a major danger to people and thus they are over the counter. I believe Cannabis should be the same.

Herborizer, do you than think that you should be able to buy your cannabis off a shelf next to the NyQuil? Also, most of the OTC drugs have overdose precautions andf can be lethal. To quote Katt Williams, "If you take a whole bottle of aspirin, it'll be your last motherf@#king headache." Is this how we want medical cannabis perceived?

Also, if legal OTC, than who grows it and what's in it? I do in fact support legalization. Provided, its not corporatized and/or have lethal and toxic additives added. Which by the way, is totally legal for tobacco sales. The idea of medical canabis is keeping the power of medicine within the people, not the broken healthcare system that spurred the passage of "Obamacare" and has almost destroyed the political system of this country.

Just my .02

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^you can make your own hash oil pills pretty easily, but you cant make an aspirin. no will buy weed with poison added when they can buy non poisoned pot.

Latest posts

Latest posts