What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FEDS MAY TAX POT

N

noyd666

was just watching fox news about it, ended in is it a gateway drug?

N

noyd666

lol yes i have had my run with booze and tobac, loved it, but shit it killed me lol. fox is good.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
was just watching fox news about it, ended in is it a gateway drug?

It's an exit drug. Read what the former heroin users and alcoholics on this website have to say about cannabis. And some researchers and health professionals are starting to realize this too.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
this is absolute and utter fucking bullshit

lets make up the revenue from unjustly imprisoning people by unjustly taxing them

understand if the feds can justify a special tax so can the states

devaluing the profit which will force cheaper production for lower profit to retain the same end cost to the user or worse the med patient that needs it to maintain quality of life

this isnt fucking legality this is fucking extortion

im all for legality but not fiscal slavery

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
taxation without representation is one of the reasons we started this fucking country

tax money to pay for enforcing regulation is one thing, profiteering through taxes is a whole other ballgame

big pharma gets tax incentives and causes addiction epidemics and the us government wants to close its deficit by taxing the fuck out of weed

un fucking believable

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
It is like I have always said, The government imposes it's version of morality to all of it's subject in regard to vice until they are overwhelmed and then they just tax the fuck out of it. Look at other vices like gambling, liquor and tobacco. Morality has a price is all.

I

im me

i know this comment is going to piss people off..that being said the sooner the gov realizes
how much tax money they could make nation wide on weed the sooner it will be 100% legal
and i for one think weed should be legal i spent a lot of time locked up for so called crimes and there are thousands of people wasting away in prison over a harmless plant. i would gladly pay taxes so they could be free and no one else would ever have to see prison over a plant but thats just my 2. I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree... but 50% tax? really thats just wrong.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
this is monumentally wrong on many levels, this country was founded to escape tyrannical taxation

first

taxes are not supposed to be arbitrary measures to meet budget gaps, this does not fix problems but allows the dysfunction that creates these budget gaps to continue. The taxes should be the cost the government incurs in the regulation of the said market for the welfare of the republic. Irresponsible government should not be rewarded.

What is the cost of regulation that it costs 50% tax to legalize it? How about all the money we are going to save not enforcing marijuana laws? What about that savings in the budget? Were does this factor in?

second

marijuana should be legal because it is benign, because the laws that are the basis of its illegality are flawed and the research they are founded on inaccurate, not because it is still dangerous yet offers the government an income stream which outweighs the potential humanitarian costs of it being legal such as death from alcoholism and cancer from cigarettes which are used heavily in comparison.

third

taxation on a federal level incurs federal regulation which is not required and would create a new system under which those who are not compliant STILL ARE BREAKING THE LAW AND SUBJECT TO PENALTY.

since it is already subject to state regulation marijuana regulation and taxation should simply be managed on the state level with laws that are relative to that particular states resources

fourth

this will undermine the potential for hemp to be used as textile, food, fuel or fiber which has more potential impact for reinvigorating the economy

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
this is monumentally wrong on many levels, this country was founded to escape tyrannical taxation

first

taxes are not supposed to be arbitrary measures to meet budget gaps, this does not fix problems but allows the dysfunction that creates these budget gaps to continue. The taxes should be the cost the government incurs in the regulation of the said market for the welfare of the republic. Irresponsible government should not be rewarded.

What is the cost of regulation that it costs 50% tax to legalize it? How about all the money we are going to save not enforcing marijuana laws? What about that savings in the budget? Were does this factor in?

second

marijuana should be legal because it is benign, because the laws that are the basis of its illegality are flawed and the research they are founded on inaccurate, not because it is still dangerous yet offers the government an income stream which outweighs the potential humanitarian costs of it being legal such as death from alcoholism and cancer from cigarettes which are used heavily in comparison.

third

taxation on a federal level incurs federal regulation which is not required and would create a new system under which those who are not compliant STILL ARE BREAKING THE LAW AND SUBJECT TO PENALTY.

since it is already subject to state regulation marijuana regulation and taxation should simply be managed on the state level with laws that are relative to that particular states resources

fourth

this will undermine the potential for hemp to be used as textile, food, fuel or fiber which has more potential impact for reinvigorating the economy

As righteous as your intents may be, you are just pissing into the wind. We are all slaves working to make money for our masters to spend as they please. Thousand of people sit in offices all day long figuring out ways to fleece you of your money and how to spend it. That is a fact sir. The only way to survive the game is to play by their rules and find a way that works best for you. Hiding from taxes will bring on heat, trying to pass laws without taxes will never get traction, imagining a world without taxes is wasting your time.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Fuck that bromosapien, Weird is straight up correct. The actions of our current government are more than enough justification for me and anyone who truly has looked into the liberties granted us by the constitution to completely fuck the government off. How many a year die from OTC medications while our harmless plant continues to be demonized? I can't see how anyone in this community could hold anything other than bloodlust and animosity towards these so called masters of society for their repressive and redundant laws having torn apart so many families and crushed so many lives.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
This anti marijuana..yeah I said marijuana ..thing will end. Semantics is what it is..Marijuana, Cannabis is the same thing in the eyes of most. Keep fighting the good fight. We all know this isn't going away...so does the gov.

sdd420

Veteran
I am not paying tax on food at the grocery store same with anything I grow or beer I brew at home and hope I never will!

Santa1949

Wow, Warped1, just noticed you could spell..........What a relief!!!!!! You must be the disenated, oops, driver.....

I'll need a lift to Whataburger in about 10 or so.....

Thanx

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
That's exactly why I said I would rather fight for my taxes than have to fight for my freedom... Bring on the fucking taxes if it keeps ppl outa jail, be real... They gotta get theirs one way or another.

Do y'all honestly think it's better to keep it illegal?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
As righteous as your intents may be, you are just pissing into the wind. We are all slaves working to make money for our masters to spend as they please. Thousand of people sit in offices all day long figuring out ways to fleece you of your money and how to spend it. That is a fact sir. The only way to survive the game is to play by their rules and find a way that works best for you. Hiding from taxes will bring on heat, trying to pass laws without taxes will never get traction, imagining a world without taxes is wasting your time.

if that were true weed would have never become legal in colorado or washington in the first place

H

huarmiquilla

howdy

how you do?

am keen to think with respect to soup

frog soup

at when to boil frog within hot water
such to frog jump out

rather water to become hot gradual
gradual to boil
such frog not to become aware

one perspective
never to become complacent

freedom to cannabis
cannabis heal universes

am not keen to thank with respect to gradual boil

chant down babylon

positive vibrations

rangergord

Would love to see a good federal bill pass. This one does not seem very good to me. Taxes that are too high will not kill the black market. They want to keep it illegal in states that have not legalized? How is this good policy? This is a keep the status quo bill while appearing to liberalize.

Latest posts

Latest posts