What's new

Fed Ex Detained my package

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you need to send things, use USPS, because it is a felony to open a usps envelope or package without a warrant.

Also dont ever use some sketchy name like baby cakes. Use a real address and name that isnt yours but is still in the same area of the post office your sending from.

They have free express mail envelopes at the PO and everyone uses them so there are a million at a time going through the system. Makes it harder to look for sketchy packages.

Any other shipping service can just open the package if they are suspicious. I had a friend that sent same fake opium incense through fedex only to find out that the guy at the store decided to open it up and take it for himself. My friend confronted the guy at the store when it didnt show up and he said it was confiscated by the police.
Well my friend called the police to see if they would give him back his incense because it was legal, They didnt know anything about it .
He went to the store owner and demanded that he be compensated as he showed him the receipt from international oddities for the Black O.
Long story short, the owner reprimanded the guy who stole the goods and wrote a check to my friend. I was right there with him, i couldnt believe that the shit had gone down.

Oh yeah He had dreads so the guy must have thought he was sending something good, and if not he could just tape it back up and send it. The mail carriers could go to jail if they did this. Think of all the grandparents sending there kids money in a card and it always makes it.

Amen?..... rumor has it that " some " peeps have been shipping MANY units via USPS for years never to have any trouble....(smile)

badmf

Probably.
But again, anyone could have picked that PO box number out of the air.
So there is plausible deniability.
You do realize that the cute name is what got it inspected, right?
Odd return addresses are red flag.
Let's hope it's too small an amount to pursue.
They might not even bother lifting prints from the inside packaging.
But, just in case, don't make cellphone traces by calling Babycakes.

It's a federal offense but the feds seldom waste any resources on minor amounts like yours.
Be a good idea for both of you to clean house and keep it clean for a while.

Aloha,
Weeze
Not so fast, the name is "not" the relevent issue, if this went through a major airport*(likely) it is routinely xrayed by US Customs, and if countraband found is flagged and either disposed of and the famous green tape along with a letter. Form letter BS lots of poorly sent seed paks get dumped that way. Unless it was small town the postal,inspectors would get invovled, as well as some investigator to see if they can backtrace the sender, who they really want. Private maill coiuriers can open parcels at will it does not have the protection of usps. Many folk who get packages, wait before openiong to see if there is a knock, they would put the package in the trash to retrieve late after j=known safe. :tumbleweed:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
And "funny names" will get your package put in the "scan-it" bin.
If you worry 'bout x-rays, label it FILM.
:)

Aloha,
Weeze

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well they are now closing that loop lol sorry to say here in Canabummer you can no longer send anything without a real address on it or name..

Uraquay is looking better and better every fucking day. headband 707:biggrin:

I could see how they can see if an address is real, but they cant see everyone that currently lives at what address. this is this usps we are talking about here, not the FBI. lol

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someone I know once had a lb mailed to them fed ex to a vacant address the guy wasnt there on time to accept the package so the fed ex guy looked around and knocked and thought it was weird that it was a vacant address so he notified the police and left a notice to pick the package up. Well he goes in to accept the package and the cops come out and arrest him he sat for a year in county jail. Wasnt the first time this had been pulled off before but not that time...

Dont try to claim any package as yours, if questioned you and the sender need to deny any clue of this package exhisting and stick to the story that you have no clue about the package.

badmf

And "funny names" will get your package put in the "scan-it" bin.
If you worry 'bout x-rays, label it FILM.
:)

Aloha,
Weeze

I worked there so no one is checking names as much as where it came from ( the Dam). but why use a dopey name anyways? Use a name the postman is familiar with so he doen't return it by mistake. Oh "film: may escape xray but a curious worker may still open it. Just a heads up.

Well its been almost a week and i havent heard anything from anyone, neither has the shipper, im assuming noone cares, which is fine with me, i learned a lesson and started an informative thread - only 1 more question for you guys, any way fed ex would "Red Flag" my name on other packages? so even a legit package would get looked at just cause it has my name on it?

igrowone

Veteran
1 week is not much time for such a small stash, likely WAY down the priority list
but the down side is you can't be 100% sure that LEO won't come knocking
so have a plan, many here will say don't talk to police, and you don't 'have' to
but if you talk, be sure you think it through before hand

Molson

ugh. so it was sent with the name "baby cakes" as the shipper and a PO Box #, the only lead back to the shipper is the name on the PO box, are they gonna track her down thru that?

That's just red flags all over the place. In literally every search warrant affidavit I've read... it's either no return addy or a fictitious address or retarded name... wrapped in pounds of clear shipping tape... etc.

Frequency/Routine of shipments matter.

Sender location/Receiver location matter.

It's a problem. It's been a problem. LE isn't blind to this fact.

And the fact that they told you there was a problem eliminates the risk of a controlled drop, I guess -- where they show up w/ the package and arrest you.

Latest posts

Latest posts