What's new

Favorite strain for the high? for taste?

O

originalogrower

Chef - almost everyone of those strains I want to try except the jack I've had the pleasure of smoking some in the past. After hearing cypress hill go on to say sage was their favorite strain made me want it more.

Hidinginthehaze - thanks for all the input

Everyone else thanks for all the ideas I'm looking into all of them at this point, any other ideas are more than welcome. I'm open minded.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, to really bring out the taste in whatever you grow...

When drying, trim the large fan leaves that aren't connected to any cola's. Then, hang the whole plant somewhere cold and dark. I've done drying tests, and everytime I do this, the flavor is amazing right off the bat when done drying.

Cutting the nugs off makes for a harsher smoke, less flavor. Once they dry too fast, that's it for taste. Can't bring the taste back. I'm in a medical state, and everybody rushes to dry. We get a lot of shitty smoke around here. Do this and you'll have the best tasting herbs around.

While it takes a few days longer to dry, you will have awesome flavors without curing. Further curing after that will only help.

I leave the fan leaves on and think it helps even more.:tiphat:

Ready to smoke as soon as it is dry.

O

originalogrower

I usually just cut into portions. Outdoors plants get massive. I couldnt even imagine trying to load it into my car without breaking it down. Indoors I usually do the same. Main cola with main stem, then each of the other sides. I do not cut any leaves until dry then make my bubble hash.

unspoken

I will have to look into it I have some sssdh from csg i was going to pop on the next run. But I will be in search of a true sour d.

Hey man, check out the chemdog sour diesel from rez if there is still some left. Also I am planning on sending a bunch of rez sd ibl f3s in for freebies if they will take them. Got mine as freebies from HOL and going out as freebies to pay it forward. Will be a little while now as I am still in veg. Switching to flower in a few weeks.

Cannavore

Veteran
Tastiest weed - ECSD, SoCal Master Kush, Blueberry,

Quality high - ECSD, Kali Mist, OG Kush, Chem D, MK Ultra, Killer Queen

Cannavore

Veteran
Its just one of those strains/cuts that if you smoked it first thing rolling out of bed, you'd taste it still in your mouth wayyy later in the day. SoCal Master Kush is like that for me as well as certain hazes. And the highs are top notch.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive smoked a raskal og that tasted unlike any other og and it was just amazing flavorwise lately. While in the dam i smoked barneys blue cheese and it seriously left the longest lingering blueberry muffin flavor and PUT ME DOWN, their red dragon(which i tried running and only got shitty larfy phenos with like zero flavor) was the best tasting shit i may have smoked in amsterdam period. Really wish i had their pheno its all id run.

KITCHA

Veteran
Choc Thai for its introspective high, I always feel better after smoking Thai it's seems to cleanse me like a swim in te ocean does.

Chem 4 for taste and always seems to leave me with a grin ear to ear when I smoke it

Sour D for taste but the high can be pretty crazy at times and short lived if pulled before ten weeks.

White Fire for taste and has a well rounded high, strong but still functional.

Cheers kit-

Epiphyte

Seed form: Jack's cleaner 2
Clone: ecsd only because the chem 91 is a lanky bitch to grow in a small space

Both the jack and ecsd/91 have positive, uplifting, creative, energetic highs with little to ABSOLUTELY no burnout in the case of the JC2 and pretty much with the 91 as well.

As far as kush, it usually always has some level of burnout and most of the time the high isn't quite with I'm looking for...Just threw in my first deadheads....I have three phenos. When I bought the pack, it was for a chem 91 pheno. Now I know that isn't really possible...I hope to just get a kushy sfv pheno that's a fresh hybrid that you can smoke day or night...

Lastly, I'll said that a good ecsd has a complex flavor if grown right. JC2 is more bright and vibrant. People respond to both but serious smokers would choose the complex smoke in a blind test. Thats why cookies is so popular. Its complex. You have one flavor on the inhale and another on the exhale followed by a lingering taste. JC2 and other strains like that can be complex but are more one dimensional ie lemon bomb.

The colorado blueberry is sick. ZZZbest! but it's been a while since I've seen it..They clone has to be in Cali. Otherwise, I don't know where I would look for straight legit blues.
Keep it growing
Phyte

mdclone

Number 1 on my list of importance is taste and smoke consistency. A top taster as far as uniqueness was Mothership, not exactly sure the source/lineage of the genetics, but it was quite a tasty treat.

I had some legit chemdog years ago, not sure which cut, but it was super tasty.

I am waiting to pop 2 packs of rez's chemdog ibl, so hoping to find some raw stanky Chem D genetics up in there.

I am vegging a Chem 4 cut right now as well as a Chem 4 x SFV OG, haha, so I am bound to end up with some chem goodness. I don't know a thing about growing any chems out so if anybody wants to throw some tips my way about what the girls like ;) feel free

C

Chamba

C99 Holy Grail - clone only. tastes like passion fruit and makes me want to get naked and run down the middle of the street. Fun fun fun smoke

lol...you'd probably enjoy smoking some C99 x Zamal (or Cindy x another good tropical sativa)...that shit will make you want to get naked and run down the middle of the street Fun, fun, fun smoke.....but the only difference is with a SPEAR in your hand (war paint optional) and you'll run harder and longer than you thought possible......actually,there's no spear in your hand and you aren't really jogging with 2000 other warriors humming deep bass chants....it just seems that way. lol

and the other feeling I get from smoking C99 x Zamal sometimes is similar to being in the movie "Into the Void"..it's that "out of this world" feeling (without actually dying that is), kind of like floating above and observing what is happening...but you usually have to smoke alot to get there.

One thing is for sure, when decriminalization comes to the warmer climes (and to all the world) we will see a change from growing strains that are grown for bulk, speed and bag appeal to enjoying the positive and wonderul highs that we can get from sun grown tropical sativa strains that have highs that create a sparkle in the eye, a positive rev to your feelings and a buzz of wonder as opposed to the usual boring dullness that most of these fast finishing, good bag appeal, smell good strains that almost everyone is growing now.

Growers and smokers have to lead the way by asking themselves.."do I want to grow a strain I'd like to grow or grow a strain I'd like to smoke?..the answer is easy.

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
One thing is for sure, when decriminalization comes to the warmer climes (and to all the world) we will see a change from growing strains that are grown for bulk, speed and bag appeal to enjoying the positive and wonderul highs that we can get from sun grown tropical sativa strains that have highs that create a sparkle in the eye, a positive rev to your feelings and a buzz of wonder as opposed to the usual boring dullness that most of these fast finishing, good bag appeal, smell good strains that almost everyone is growing now.

Growers and smokers have to lead the way by asking themselves.."do I want to grow a strain I'd like to grow or grow a strain I'd like to smoke?..the answer is easy.

Nail on head.You hit it Chamba.

Sadly,there are many who have never experienced a real Sativa.I hope everyone gets a chance to at some point in their lives.Nothing will change your perspective like a real Sat grown to maturity in it's natural environment.

Indicas certainly have their place,no doubt about it,but there is something special about a good Sativa.

O

originalogrower

I used to have some c99 it was wally ducks I believe. With all the moving I have done I lost a lot of plants. A Cindy cross or pure Cindy does sound good.

harry74

Veteran
Some of my favs:
Blue Dream, Blueberry,SSH, Shark & Skunk in all its names (Skunk#1, Super Skunk,Cheese, Critical...).
:tiphat:

O

originalogrower

Those are all some classic harry. Are you talking about shark shock or some variant?

Green Supreme

Veteran
Purpleman- Neville haze is great just super long flower times.

Green supreme - who has the rene and krush

I have held the Rene cut for a while and encounter buds of the Krush once in a while. Have put up pics of both in my Whatcha Puffin thread in the Tokers Den. Peace GS

GuyManDude

C99 Holy Grail - clone only. tastes like passion fruit and makes me want to get naked and run down the middle of the street. Fun fun fun smoke

lol...you'd probably enjoy smoking some C99 x Zamal (or Cindy x another good tropical sativa)...that shit will make you want to get naked and run down the middle of the street Fun, fun, fun smoke.....but the only difference is with a SPEAR in your hand (war paint optional) and you'll run harder and longer than you thought possible......actually,there's no spear in your hand and you aren't really jogging with 2000 other warriors humming deep bass chants....it just seems that way. lol

and the other feeling I get from smoking C99 x Zamal sometimes is similar to being in the movie "Into the Void"..it's that "out of this world" feeling (without actually dying that is), kind of like floating above and observing what is happening...but you usually have to smoke alot to get there.

that does sound yummy. This C99 is supposedly the original C99. I can't say where I got her though, sorry. I also have a lime pheno C99 that smells and tastes like limes with a hint of soap. Both are fantastic and finish in 52 days.

Another favorite smoke for taste, smell and high is a strain I call Cindy's Blues. I pollenated my Lime pheno C99 with a male Blueberry from Sagarmatha. She smells and tastes like super sweet berry candy the buzz is a little heavier than a straight Cindy

Latest posts

Latest posts