What's new

Favorite lines from movies

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Renton from Trainspotting: Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Chimpanzee from Waking Life
: Our critique began as all critiques begin, with doubt. Doubt became our narrative. Ours was a quest for a new story: our own. And we grasped towards this new history driven by the suspicion that ordinary language couldn't tell it. Our past appeared frozen in the distance, and our every gesture and accent signified the negation of the Old World, and the reach for a new one. The way we lived created a new situation, one of exuberance and friendship; That of a subversive micro-society in the heart of a society which ignored it. Art was not the goal, but the occasion and the method for locating our specific rhythm and varied possibilities of our time. The discovery of a true communication was what it was about, or at least the quest for such a communication: the adventure of finding it and losing it. We, the unappeased, the unaccepting, continued looking, filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears, and fantasies, driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the world seemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared to us, we knew that anything was still possible, and, given the right circumstances, a new world was just as likely as an old one.

ddrew

Veteran
"Does this mean were not friends anymore? Because If I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it."
Doc Holiday-Tombstone

C

Cookie monster

"When I lost contact with HQ, I decided to return to base. Suddenly, I find myself in an ambush situation. Must've been a couple dozen of the little bastards. Well, I dropped the first wave with semi-auto fire, but they just kept coming! Sheer luck most of them were in front of the truck, so I popped it into six-wheel and ran 'em down. The rest I handled with a combination of small arms fire and hand-to-hand techniques."

From tremors 2, burt gummer a legend in the making....

Our planet is facing the greatest problems it ever faced, ever. SO whatever you do, don't get bored. This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive.
And things are just starting.

- Waking life

Mr. Burgundy

Gabriel: Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

Christopher Walken could read a recipe for cornbread aloud in such a way that could give you nightmares....

The Prophecy, 1995

Stay Classy!

Attachments

• My Kind of Lady! 045
    My Kind of Lady! 045
    104 KB · Views: 21
H

h^2 O

Lucas: I guess everybody has their own idea of fun. Some people go to football games. Other people do less superficial things.
Maggie: Look, just because you don't approve of something, doesn't mean other people don't have a right to enjoy it. You're in the band aren't you?
lucas-still.jpg

65565_00-55-31_122_376lo.jpg

Bucket

"Get him a body bag! "
- Karate Kid
lol so oldschool i know, but i find myself blurting that out in the raspy American accent whenever an appropriate situation presents itself. :)

j6p

Lt. Lockhart: Charlie has hit every major military target In Vietnam, and hit 'em hard. In Saigon, the United States Embassy has been overrun by suicide squads. Khe Sahn is standing by to be overrun. We also have reports that a division of N.V.A. has occupied all of the city of Hue south of the Perfume River. In strategic terms, Charlie's cut the country in half... the civilian press are about to wet their pants and we've heard even Cronkite's going to say the war is now unwinnable. In other words, it's a huge sh*t sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite.
Private Joker: Sir... does this mean that Ann-Margret's not coming?
-- Full Metal Jacket, 1987

Let me tell you the story of "Right Hand, Left Hand." It's a tale of good and evil. Hate: It was with this hand that Cane iced his brother. Love: These five fingers, they go straight to the soul of man. The right hand: the hand of love. The story of life is this: Static. One hand is always fighting the other hand; and the left hand is kicking much ass. I mean, it looks like the right hand, Love, is finished. But, hold on, stop the presses, the right hand is coming back. Yeah, he got the left hand on the ropes, now, that's right. Ooh, it's the devastating right and Hate is hurt, he's down. Left-Hand Hate K.O.ed by Love.
--Do the Right Thing, 1989

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

my all time favorite movie line just might be the
one I waited in to see The Godfather in '72.......

or perhaps it was the line to get into The Exorcist in '73

either way they were both great lines in their day.

D

Darkstarlive

My favorite line is from Raw Deal.
Arnold Schwarzenegger says: but sargent, that little girl was molested, murdered and mutilated.
Now, remember arnold's thick accent back in the 80's and the camera cuts to a close up of arnold when He says the line. It must of taken 50 takes. It cracks me up everytime I think of it.

Peace...

Molson

The Departed (God I've seen this movie so many times). They're having a staff meeting between local agencies on bringing down a local Irish gang. This is when they're talking about state police informants.

FBI Agent:
Do you have anyone in with Costello presently?
Dignum: Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe fuck yourself.
Unfortunately this shithole has more leaks than the Iraqi navy. My theory on feds is like mushrooms, feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark.

B

B. Self Reliant

Walter Sobchak: Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

The Dude: What are you, a fucking park ranger now?

Walter Sobchak: No, I'm...

The Dude: Who gives a shit about the fucking marmot!