What's new

favorite female seeds

Dont have alot to offer espcially from personal experience but in a different thread about same topic, a few experienced growers listed sensi seeds and sagarmatha selling hermy prone feminized seeds/genetics. I dont like spreading info like that just from what Ive read but people can read and form theyre own opinions on the subject. And you say breeding feminized is just like breeding w/standard but I disagree w/you there too! Feminized and finding a 100% female, using chemicals to induce male flowers,ect..the selection process is MUCH more difficult. Like you said anybody can pick and cross using males, but I highly doubt anybody or new growers can create worthy feminized seeds. Fuck these experienced breeders arent even getting it right!IMO Big difference.

KindBudKid

So far for me the best fem seeds I've grown have always come from OG Ra$kal... His FireOG/White, White S1's, FireOG/BubbaK, Straw/Bubba, FireOG/AfghaniK, and Giesel/AfghaniK were all seriously dank with multiple keepers..

Baba Ku

Veteran
Dont have alot to offer espcially from personal experience but in a different thread about same topic, a few experienced growers listed sensi seeds and sagarmatha selling hermy prone feminized seeds/genetics. I dont like spreading info like that just from what Ive read but people can read and form theyre own opinions on the subject. And you say breeding feminized is just like breeding w/standard but I disagree w/you there too! Feminized and finding a 100% female, using chemicals to induce male flowers,ect..the selection process is MUCH more difficult. Like you said anybody can pick and cross using males, but I highly doubt anybody or new growers can create worthy feminized seeds. Fuck these experienced breeders arent even getting it right!IMO Big difference.
You have probably seen one guy state anything about Sensi fems, and maybe a couple that stated something about Sag. So, yeah...you really hate to spread info like that. With all the compelling evidence you have, I can't see as I blame you for spreading stuff...
(good grief...I'm sorry but sometimes you are so laughable...as well as predictable.)

I would go further into why reversing is a very helpful and easy to do useful breeding tool..but it is obvious that you do not grasp even the most simple points of genetics and cannabis breeding.
Like, what is it with the 100% female comment? Can you really explain what you are talking about? How about explaining to us in detail how the selection process is much harder for a reversal than a standard breeding scheme?
I think you need to do some basic study before you can really post up anything resembling intelligence. It is clear to me that you really have not learned the basic concepts of the whole thing yet.
:dunno:

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Paradise generally. Sensi star specifically.

Dont get me started on Sensi fems. The pack of Eskunk they sent me was pure crap! Planted week old seedlings in may and packed 4 gallons of water every 4 days for 2 months 1 1/2 miles through the bush just to find out i didnt have feminized seeds at all! I wish i could have gotten my hands on the %!$#(*%$!$!!...........;. peice of crap that ....ooohhhh.!!! I cut the nasty 1/2 finished unfemminized skunk# 1 on Oct. 30. Dont buy.

Its worse with Sagaramatha. Ordered bubbleberry and got autoflowering crap weed. Go to the Sag vendor section: my rant and others are there. They dont do their own breeding anymore and theyve hired an newb 3rd grader to do it. STAY AWAY!!

Baba Ku

Veteran
D.S., in all honesty can't we assume that there was a problem with other than the breeding of the seeds in question? I mean, in every instance of a person getting a large number of male plants it has to be due to the seeds not actually being feminized. Sure, perhaps a rare mutation could cause a male, a real male, to be grown from an actual seeds that was from a reversal or a selfing...BUT such an event would be rare to say the least. Surely not so common that we would see it happen twice in one pack. No way.
So, we must assume that the seeds were in reality not what they were represented to be...NOT that they were bred poorly.
Same with the autoflowers...much more likely some bonehead packed the seeds and their douche move is the root of the whole issue. Again, not a breeding or selection issue.
More quality control than anything, wouldn't you agree?

The only auroflowers I have ever grown were not only ruderalis, but feminized to boot. The first one I popped was for sure not a female and for sure not an auto. I got a replacement pack from the breeder...and got the real deal feminized autos, that BTW were the worst excuses for cannabis specimens that I have ever seen, bar none.
In that instance I was forever tainted on autos (I was a bit to start anyway) but not for bad breeding per se, but rather poor genetics.

laughable,predictable?? I usually ont even finish reading your posts. What I meant by using a 100% female in feminized breeding...is when breeding feminized genetics you need to find a female that doesnt show the intersexed trait when stressed. A female that wont herm under natural conditions or when put to the test under stressful enviro(fucked up light schedule,over/under fert,over heated conditions,ect...)

Its this 100% female that will only show/release male pollen when sprayed with the chemicals to do so...its that selection of breeding stock that creates worthy feminized seeds or hermy prone(shows intersex trait when stressed). Thats why its more difficult to breed worthy fem seeds its much easier to breed w/standard male-female genetics.

So to answer your question breeding worthy fem is different cause...
Its hard to find a female that has/shows no intersex trait, and if using just any great looking female you will have herm(intersex trait) problems somewhere down the road! Mabey even get several generations of no nanners at all,especially if your an experienced grower w/grow room "dialed in" but new/inexperienced are more likely to stress their girls sooner or later.

Baba Ku

Veteran
Fist thing you need to know is that the genetics of the plant will not change "down the road". It is what it is now and then.

And what makes you think that there is any difference in the selection of a parent plant for a M/F strategy than there is for a selfing or a reversal? I can tell you why...but it will be more for others sake, because it is clear you have no intentions of actually learning and putting what you learn to action.

I have stated many time that there is no difference in selection of parents be it for a regular breeding or a fem breeding. If you use a hermie prone parent, the chances of hermie prone progeny increase...this goes for all breeding strategies.
We have seen reports of certain standard lines showing a high percentage of hermies, and the reason for this was due to the parental selection. ANd if a fem line is throwing hermies, it is also due to the parental selection, nothing more nothing less.
The procedure to find a suitable parent is the same for both regular and fem breeding.

Here is the problem that some don't fully grasp yet...there are some female plants that actually are completely hermie free...or at least they won't reverse. Even with light stress and chemicals, they will not produce stamen or pollen. See, these "true female" plants cannot produce pollen and therefore cannot be a donor parent in a Fem/Fem breeding.
Take the Cheese for a fine example of this. We do not see S1's of the cheese because it is reported that the true "cheese" is a full on female and will not reverse. No making any S1 seeds with something that can't produce pollen.
Now, that hermie free female will be a great half of a regular breeding, and it will also be a great half of a feminizing. It just can't be the male half of any breeding.

But find another nice female of the same line that has the characteristics we seek, including how prone to show intersex it is, and we find a good match for the true female. If the female will not reverse with simple light or environmental stresses, but it will reverse with chemicals, then it can be used for a feminizing and will produce a good line if used with the known true female.
True female plants are a rarity, and many wouldn't even know they had one.
But they are a great tool for a breeding of seeds, be it standard or feminizing. The only thing a true female can't be used for, is a true selfing.

Laughable...predictable? Yes, you sure are.

itisme

Veteran
I am trying DNA's SLEESTACK and HEADBAND....I hope I like them...:D I used to run regs but I don't have much space and I hate chopping half the crop unless I wanna make seeds!

D.S., in all honesty can't we assume that there was a problem with other than the breeding of the seeds in question? I mean, in every instance of a person getting a large number of male plants it has to be due to the seeds not actually being feminized. Sure, perhaps a rare mutation could cause a male, a real male, to be grown from an actual seeds that was from a reversal or a selfing...BUT such an event would be rare to say the least. Surely not so common that we would see it happen twice in one pack. No way.
So, we must assume that the seeds were in reality not what they were represented to be...NOT that they were bred poorly.
Same with the autoflowers...much more likely some bonehead packed the seeds and their douche move is the root of the whole issue. Again, not a breeding or selection issue.
More quality control than anything, wouldn't you agree

Not, Complete denial! poor breeding, poor selection, males, herms (intersex trait)appear in feminized stock because of poor selection by the breeder.By Not using/finding a 100%(pure) female to work with. Sometimes the intersex trait appears without any stress, but stressful enviro is biggest cause.. so If what your trying to say is true every grower that finds males, w/feminized seeds.. mustve been sold standard seeds instead? Huge conspiracy?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Still at it Stagger? And you still don't get it? Intersexed genes (genetic females showing as males etc) show in M/F seedlots too, due to the same exact reasons. Are you under some mistaken impression that using males somehow exempts one from the same processes? It doesn't. Our (M/F breeders) selection errors in regards to this are simply masked, that's all. You seem to think this somehow makes this superior breeding practice, it doesn't. If anything, quite the opposite. -Tom

bigAl25

Veteran
Hey KindBudKid, My OGR strawberry bubba kush fem seeds are the shit too!!! Got some real dank from them and I'm running two more this grow also. Good comment dude

Baba Ku

Veteran
Not, Complete denial! poor breeding, poor selection, males, herms (intersex trait)appear in feminized stock because of poor selection by the breeder.By Not using/finding a 100%(pure) female to work with. Sometimes the intersex trait appears without any stress, but stressful enviro is biggest cause.. so If what your trying to say is true every grower that finds males, w/feminized seeds.. mustve been sold standard seeds instead? Huge conspiracy?

Yes, stagger lee....each and every individual who finds a male in a pack of supposed feminized seeds can be assured that the seed in question did NOT come from a feminized batch of seeds. It was either placed in the pack inadvertently, or the pack was mislabeled in some way. In any event, a male from a pack of supposed feminized seeds is either a feminized seed showing the intersex trait, or the plant was simply a regular seed male sold as feminized.
It is just that simple, yes.

If you spent as much time researching these issues, as you did trolling around and arguing, and using nothing but your misguided feelings for ammo, you may learn something and maybe end up being a contributor to the community. As it is...things are not looking good for your future here, and your past has given us squat.
:dunno:

Yes, stagger lee....each and every individual who finds a male in a pack of supposed feminized seeds can be assured that the seed in question did NOT come from a feminized batch of seeds. It was either placed in the pack inadvertently, or the pack was mislabeled in some way. In any event, a male from a pack of supposed feminized seeds is either a feminized seed showing the intersex trait, or the plant was simply a regular seed male sold as feminized.

Alright, so we agree on something!!! Well not sure if you understand it completely since your post contridicted itself. And yes Tom I do know that standard genetics can also show the intersex trait. I dont even know where I posted that they cant, but its all good! thrilled we agree on that too! for some reason, just like you did in the other thread, you put words in my mouth and then follow with facts I already know os posted already? Males used in breeding exempts one from the same proccess? where do you get these statements from? help me learn what makes me so ignorant? Poor selection, or using just any female for fem breeding can cause the intersex trait to show itself.This is why (w/fem breeding) finding the right female(pure or 100%female) to be used is so important..

Its all about selection right? And yes standard genetics can herm too, but when breeding w/standard genetics( M/FM) theres not as grueling selection process to find the pure female. Finding this special female to be used w/fem makes the selection proccess more difficult because they must put her thru stress testing(irregular light schedule, overheated, over fert,ect..) before using chemicals to produce male pollen.

Just the fact that you have to use these chemicals alone is an extra step standard breeding doesnt have to go thru! Even if finding the 100% female to be used doesnt even mean she can grow male flowers,and pollen. So back to the begining to find worthy female.. Yes standard genetics can also herm.

Baba Ku

Veteran
And yes standard genetics can herm too, but when breeding w/standard genetics( M/FM) theres not as grueling selection process to find the pure female.
Just why the fuck is the process so less grueling when it comes to a standard breeding, and it is so very important for the feminized breeding?
See, that is what you have been missing from the very start. You simply don't grasp it yet, and it is apparent in your writings.

Now take you time and explain to us in detail why the selection of a female is different in the two different breeding schemes. If you give the correct explanation you will have figured out why your stuff has been bordering on the edge of douchbaggery.
Want to learn...or want to play douchbag?

]A[Boss

None of them. Fem seeds are whack. A backwards step in breeding, devoid of any real work. Why do you think real breeders like DJ, Steve, Shanti, Neville, Chimera, and Karma absolutely refuse to produce them?

The big Dutch seedbanks hyped fems as the next great thing, but they're really just the path of least resistance. It's a lot easier to reverse a momma than actually work with studs to line breed consistent stock. IMO, reversed pollen chucks don't constitute breeding.

Now that the the mainstream has accepted the idea of fems at face value, they demand them, and the seedbanks have to supply them to stay competitive, even though they know the many disadvantages.

I think they're just for people too lazy to make a selection from a standard pack. Their instability means they absolutely aren't worthy of further breeding projects, and pose a threat to the maintenance of special genetics. In other words, fems are the road to mediocrity.

The worst thing of all about fem seed is that seedbanks somehow think it's justifiable to sell them for more money. WTF?!? How do they justify the price discrepancy when everything about fems makes seed production easier and more efficient?!? The answer: hype and a consumer base lacking a solid understanding of what they're actually buying.

Stick with naturally produced seed lines. If you do run fems, use them as a one and done fix, and for god's sake, please don't pollute the gene pool by crossing them with anything else.

shut the fuck up idiot.. you don't know what you're talkin about.

Good fem seeds go through a huge selection/testing.. much more to it than just reversing a mother plant.

slow down, Baba the hoosier side of you is showing(havent changed huh?). yea explain to you in detail? Why when all you do is continue arguing.? shit remember when calling me out in wtf is w/fem thread.. asking for any info or books that prove what I was saying? gave you a list(not 1 or2) a fuckn list of grow books.. all you could come back with is those books are horseshit and so is all the info in em.Robert Connell Clarke, Greg Green, Jorge C, The Rev,ect,ect,ect

Besides I already posted the answer to that question in my last replies! Give you in detail. lol! there arents extra steps to take when breeding 4feminized seeds? selection is everything in feminized breeding.and when breeders dont take the extra time to find the proper female they breed hermy prone seeds. start crossing a feminized to feminized and most will be hermy. s1,s2ect..

using just any old female to produce feminized seeds and you will most definately have more hermies than using any old female in standard. your in denial or just ignorant to think differently. a new/inexperienced grower has more luck breeding w/standard genetics than going thru extra steps trying to breed feminized seeds. NO? A grower having to use chemicals to get male pollen from a female is more difficult than getting pollen from a male plant right? more difficult?

Im done with you cause your always right. Ive never seen you disagree w/some1s opinion w/out turning it into something ugly. No class brother,no class!. Just repeating simple facts (that I already know) when you have nothing more to come with. just a typical know it all!!!!

if some1 goes thru every post youve made I bet my life that you never made any kind acknowlegment learning something you didnt already know. A "know it all"! And thats why you spend most of your life on a computer/on this site even. Can not relate to any1 in real life! I especially love your the only one giving neg post comments( saying how right hoosier was in old threads) lol!

Baba Ku

Veteran
using just any old female to produce feminized seeds and you will most definately have more hermies than using any old female in standard.
Explain this part. It is most definitely the part that has you all fucked up, and if you want to really learn anything at all, you will figure out why your statement is wrong.

Let me help you a little more...as if you haven't had LOADS more spent on you than you are actually worth (yes that is a personal slam, and damn well deserved too)...

Look, the thing is actually opposite of what you have in your head. Let's assume you have two sister females. They are both good plants that haven't hermied at all during your normal grows. You decide to use both of them for two different breeding schemes. One scheme you treat one of the females with STS to make it produce pollen, and you use that pollen to pollinate the sister female. Let's call the seeds that come out of that breeding Fem1.
Now, you decide to take the two females and use them in a second breeding scheme, but you need to now use one of the females brothers to pollinate them both. Let's call the seeds from those breedings Reg1 and Reg2.

From what you are trying to tell us, Reg1 and Reg2 are going to be much less prone to being hermie plants than the seeds of Fem1.
Thing is...we know that both the females were good growers that did not show intersex, and when we bred them together in the feminizing, we know for a fact that we used two parents that did not show signs of hermie.
But, how about Reg1 and Reg2? Just how do we say that they are less hermie prone? We know about the female half of those breedings, but just what do we know about the male? It passes on it's genes too, and just how do you know what it passes on?
You fucking DON'T! That is the point. You need to go through another round, and most likely two rounds to find a suitable male...one that you are fairly sure doesn't pass on hermie.

If you can't comprehend what I am telling you now, then I give the fuck up with you.
See, the good part is that there are going to be some that actually have some comprehension skills reading these threads. They will learn, while you argue and flounder.

Latest posts

Latest posts