What's new

Fast Moving White Spiders - Need Advice (Photo)

After taking a closer look at the picture, it does look like it could be the two-spotted mite to me. Also, as far as the lower leaves are concerned, mites like to head for high ground, especially in high temperatures. Do you see any webbing near the tops of your plants?

I hate to contradict people, but I would say those are mites from what we've seen so far.

Snype

Veteran
After taking a closer look at the picture, it does look like it could be the two-spotted mite to me. Also, as far as the lower leaves are concerned, mites like to head for high ground, especially in high temperatures. Do you see any webbing near the tops of your plants?

I hate to contradict people, but I would say those are mites from what we've seen so far.

It looks like one to me too but things are not always what they seem. Judging the stake compared to the mite makes me think its bigger but knowing the size would be helpful.

symbiote420

Veteran
It does look like a spidermite to me too, get some Mighty Wash and kill all stages at once! Alot of peeps hate on MW but if used properly it ends an infestation overnite!! I see what Snype's saying if it's bigger and moving fast it could possibly be a soil mite ....but I can kinda make out the two spots on it!

Use chems as a last resort, alot of better, safer alternatives out there ...trust me!!

S

sourpuss

Floramite for indoor use? Might want to check that first. I'd rather not b breathing that in, especially if u got kids. Regardless of what the label says. Stay away from chems as much as possible. Try neem oil first.

Last edited:

Perpetual Nooch

Yes. Most people aren't idiots. I personally don't spray any pesticides on bud ever. Why anyone would think you'd spray Floramite on them is beyond me.

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Ole, and others - I have seen thousands of mites during the last 3 years of my grow. This one looks different. I will not argue. This may be it.
The reason I posted this though is because the ones here does not have any spots and are snow white. They are larger then I have ever seen. Also, my leaves do not have thiny white or light green spots where mite feed anywhere. That is why I thought this may be something else.

I treated my gardens with Floramite and Forbid before.
It would never come to my mind to spray either one on the buds. On top of this, I would never use neither if I would have mature buds already. There would be other ways to slow the mites down till the harvest then Floramite.
But if I would, I would not spray my buds in it.
I would more worry about getting it on them by chance without intention.
However the case is, I will treat this as a mite infection. 2 weeks into flowering there are plenty of products to choose from to slow them down for 6 weeks.

ozzieAI

Veteran
You had spider mites. You still got them. You'll probably always have them if you continue to listen to Snype's advice.

this not true...pure neem oil is highly effective on SM...and CAN be used during flowering...

AR it is your choice on what you use on your plants....here is something everyone who uses poisons should consider...real scientists doing testing have found the transfer of poisons/pesticides is REAL...

http://www.times-standard.com/local...e-you-smoking-study-finds-pesticides-transfer

definitely recommend you watch the vid: http://humboldt-dspace.calstate.edu/bitstream/handle/2148/1628/HIIMR_Raber_video/html?sequence=5

here is something else to consider: http://www.epa.gov/opp00001/chem_search/reg_actions/registration/fs_PC-000586_01-Jun-99.pdf

Bifenazate has not yet received a human carcinogen classification since bifenazate is being considered as a non-food use pesticide and both the mouse and rat chronic toxicity/carcinogenicity studies are not required at this time.

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
Good advice Ozzie. Thank you.
You also agree that this fast moving piece of shit is a spider mite?

Yeah that Mighty Wash worked wonders for me. I didn't believe it for a second when I looked at the ingredients, but the credible guys at the store kept swearing by it. After months of avoiding it, I finally brought it home to try on some clones. There was not a mite left after a single spraying. I still don't understand how it works, considering it is 99.99% water, but it does. Just don't dilute it, or it won't have any effect at all.

I use it in rotation with other stuff or course, because I am forever the skeptic, but I saw one of the reps take a shot of it straight out of the bottle. Crazy weird stuff.

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
There are numbers ofq good things to use on those suckers.

I just brought some clones home that coming from that "snow white mite garden"
I will be giving them a nice wash. When clones are so young and have 3 month to harvest I at times open my washing with either Forbid or Floramite. 3 days later I follow with some sort of neem oil mix and 5 days after that I use liquid ladybug. Then a week later I bring a thousand live ladybugs. Spider mites really hate me for this :)

Snype

Veteran
How much do you want to bet that spider was not a spider mite? Lots of spiders were running around and you saw no damage to any leaves. No spots or anything. You've also dealt with spider mites in the past and saw how much larger in size the new ones are. It is very easy to see the damage that spider mites cause before you see the actually mites. If you had that many of those there and had no signs of damage, it's kind of obvious that it wasn't the borg. Just saying. Why does everyone have to jump to conclusions so fast? There's really no need. You see a spider that looks like the borg and everyone wants to get their poisons out as fast as they can. If they really knew how easy it is to Neem instead and have no poison. I too was mislead in the past about these poisons and used Floramite in the past. I would never touch that stuff again. I was spraying that shit in my boxers with no mask because of how people were talking about it here. Got very sick multiple times. All that pesticide shit is nasty. I've killed many spider mites with Pure Neem Oil. Makes your leaves shine nice too. Let us know what happened by the way.