What's new

Farmers Market for Clones in Clearlake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Quest - Blue Dream and Chocolope are the two that will finish the latest on your list. Everything else is more indica and should finish early to mid Oct. outdoors(in Cali). The Dream and Choco should be done a few weeks after. Hope this helps.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for any information you can offer.. The Orange Krush is also a sativa dominant I believe but I havent seen it finished indoors yet. Almost everything else we are offering at the present time I have seen the finished medicine so i know its a quality finished product.
I cant verify every strain that comes thru the market from vendors but I can give information on the strains I know and grow. Its easy to get a crappy load of clones and thats one reason we have really tightened down on the market. I dont want anyone to spend money for clones and not get a good result. I have taken alot the the things that come thru just to test them out and see what they do. That is why I really really appreciate the grow reports. It helps us figure out the ones we want to allow in the market.. clone and vendor wise.
I have seen the Blue Dream... screamin :biggrin: and one of the best strains for the commercial type grows as its a good yield.:smokeit:

Q

quest

Thanks a ton, that really helps, I need a couple plants that finish around November 1. Thanx again

nomaad

Veteran
Quest - Blue Dream and Chocolope are the two that will finish the latest on your list. Everything else is more indica and should finish early to mid Oct. outdoors(in Cali). The Dream and Choco should be done a few weeks after. Hope this helps.

Blue Dream finishes before OG Kush (and headband and sour diesel) and ClueBerry (A Blue Dream variant that I ran side by side with the BD outside this year) will finish a little bit earlier than the Blue Dream, slightly lower yield but a decidedly cheesier funk than the original Santa Cruz Blue Dream. I have a hundred of each of these strains in oasis cubes now... they will be ready in about a week. Can anybody show up at the farmer's market with a tray of clones or are vendors locked in? how does it work?

I looked at my calendar: Cluberry came down Oct 12- same day as my confirmed Grape Ape that came from Kyle Kushman. Blue Dream came down on the 24th. A good friend did not trim the insides of his Blue Dream (same cut as mine) and got three successive harvests out of her. the last harvest was all a sick blueish purple tone...

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are right about the blue dream.. its an 8 week finish indoors.
We arent taking any new vendors at the moment but this spring it will open up a little. The requirements will be that you have to have the finished product of what you are vending so we can more easily verify if its something we want to bring into the market or not. I know we have had clones vended that I wouldnt want to grow because I took some and put them to the test.. Those vendors are no longer with us. I never want to pass along a bad product to anyone. That sucks.

nomaad

Veteran
The requirements will be that you have to have the finished product of what you are vending so we can more easily verify if its something we want to bring into the market or not. I know we have had clones vended that I wouldnt want to grow because I took some and put them to the test.. Those vendors are no longer with us. I never want to pass along a bad product to anyone. That sucks.

indeed. this level of responsibility should be an industry standard.

Don Juan

You are right about the blue dream.. its an 8 week finish indoors.
We arent taking any new vendors at the moment but this spring it will open up a little. The requirements will be that you have to have the finished product of what you are vending so we can more easily verify if its something we want to bring into the market or not. I know we have had clones vended that I wouldnt want to grow because I took some and put them to the test.. Those vendors are no longer with us. I never want to pass along a bad product to anyone. That sucks.

WHAT'S THIS?!?

Someone taking responsibility??

I must be dreaming! :)

Q

quest

That's what I posted a ways back....remember when a person took pride in their product? way back when? That is all I am looking for.
And a finishing time in NorCal.
And a book on how to grow each strain

Not much

And could you deliver?
150 miles

nomaad

Veteran
And a book on how to grow each strain

one of my good friends stands out from the rest as being able to get an outdoor yield like no other from any given strain. according to him, each strain has a training/pruning trick or two... if you know it, you can pull down 5 lbs out of any strain in a 200 gallon pot. We both grew KK's Grape Ape in 200's with a similar soil mix and comparable sun. He aggressively pruned during early veg and wound up with a 6 and a 7 pound monster. I left mine looking like a garden scuplture of Cousin It and pulled down 2 and a bit per plant.

anyhow... having that book you mention for each strain that will be part of my 2010 outdoor line-up is a major part of my gameplan for the between season.

Q

quest

yep, That's why I was only half kidding about the book. Just a little line or two advice. Like finishing time outdoors, earliest to put out clones/seeds. Best prunning techniques. Good for Marketing if you actually know a bit about what you are selling.

nvthis

one of my good friends stands out from the rest as being able to get an outdoor yield like no other from any given strain. according to him, each strain has a training/pruning trick or two... if you know it, you can pull down 5 lbs out of any strain in a 200 gallon pot. We both grew KK's Grape Ape in 200's with a similar soil mix and comparable sun. He aggressively pruned during early veg and wound up with a 6 and a 7 pound monster. I left mine looking like a garden scuplture of Cousin It and pulled down 2 and a bit per plant.

anyhow... having that book you mention for each strain that will be part of my 2010 outdoor line-up is a major part of my gameplan for the between season.

Would you be offereing that KKGA @ the market if you end up vending there Nomad?

Something that I have been looking for for a while now...

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, That's why I was only half kidding about the book. Just a little line or two advice. Like finishing time outdoors, earliest to put out clones/seeds. Best prunning techniques. Good for Marketing if you actually know a bit about what you are selling.

Thats great advice and I agree with knowing what you are selling. There are just too many issues with letting anyone who wants to vend in. Alot of vendors are just commercial cloners who never even grow the clones out to know for sure what they have. I couldnt possibly grow out everything I've seen come thru but KNOW the vendor and their product finished..its been a learning process for me and I have run too many things that I felt were not quality products and I would have been sorely disapointed to have done a whole grow of it. You need to know your clones as well as your medicine and know your vendors.
As for the book..well there are alot of different methods for growing and I see people who use the same techniques get alot of variation.
Its not an exact science and its not rocket science either.. I can know the strains I grow very well but the other vendors have things I've never grown and dont know as well as they do but general knowledge of growing is helpful :thinking: Its farming to me only indoors. I like soil and organic.. So many variables and I think of it like this.. there are "farmers" like me and there are "scientists" (the ones who grow hydro or DWC). I can tell you what works for me but thats not going to help the "scientist". No one is going to have unlimited knowledge on every strain and I feel the best thing we can do for the patients is to know the clones and that they have the ability to provide the patient with the best medicine possible. You dont get there overnight (weeding out the vendors) and it took a year to get to this point.. theres nothing instant about this business... its a waiting game and I want to do everything in my power to make sure the patient harvests the best medicine possible at the end of that wait. I take great pride in the clones and the medicine we are making available this year. Satisfied patients is the best reward.
I love what I do and we may not be the biggest but we strive to be the best!
Peace and love...

nomaad

Veteran
Would you be offereing that KKGA @ the market if you end up vending there Nomad?

Something that I have been looking for for a while now...

a lot of people have been PMing me about whether or not I'll be vending and what I will be vending.

In reality, the likelihood of me becoming a clone vendor are slim.

Right now, I happen to have a few trays of clones because that's is where I am in my process... I have 300 babies but I will only be nurturing 36-48 plants from this round. Assuming that my homies take another 100 or so off my hands, I still will have 150 or more cuts and I am certainly not going to be selling them 3 at a time on craigslist.

Rowdy mentioned that there may be opportunities in the spring, but I will be too busy to worry about marketing clones.

The one possibility is that a homegirl of mine who lives in the GKG area is thinking about starting a commercial cloning operation... unlike the ones rowdy describes in the last post, anything I take part in will be on the up&up... verified clones that have been tested and proven. Anyhow... if that happens and somehow coincides with the GKG springtime opportunities... (and my gear passes quality control, of course)... I guess you'll read about it here.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are happy to accept anyone with proven quality clones for the spring market starting in March... so make sure you have finished product of whateve you plan to vend.

T

theJointedOne

see all you GKG heads manana at noon. You know i will be a little early hahaha. Oh i am entering kush berry not purplewreck. sorry.

look forward to smoking norcals finest....yeeeeeaaaaahhhh

dont think i can make it tommorrow but would be ncie to enter the master kush that i grew out from ya guys if a fellow member would like to pick a sample up from me tot ake there send a pm....it would be fun to see how i did with the genetics

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Still awake preparing....hopefully I can nap before the long drive up. I'm too scared to medicate to sleep like I normally do because I don't want to sleep through the alarms. Needless to say, I'm excited. Good luck to all entering...Proph

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit: :smokeit: :smokeit: :dance013:
Some interesting news.. The cat who won the Emerald Cup with his Cotton Candy Kush was in the club yesterday and he told us he was there to see if we still had it or knew where to get it as it was picked up from G.K's farmers market last spring! :smokeit: :groupwave: :joint:
I love it! We dont still have it but it may come back thru this spring and it just goes to show you never know what suprisingly wonderful genetics you might stumble across at the market.

CANT WAIT TO PARTY!! :party::grouphug::rtfo::party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts