What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those auto's look nice, real nice. That 4th pic is perfect. They look to be large plants, 100+ grams each you think ? Are they in the ground ?

djimb

Veteran
Looking fantastic in there, farmerlion! I'm really digging the super narrow leaves on the lebanese. I started a few Leb27 for a late season run, and I'll be thrilled if they look half as good as yours.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my kind friends. The girls all seem to be doing fine and growing well.

TheOrganicGuy, There won't be any Lebanese x Blueberry crosses this season. I decided to cull my two males. Only the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights was pollinated by the two Lebanese males I had.

Repuk, the camera I use is a Cannon Power Shot SX 100 IS. It's 10 or 11 years old but works well. It's capable of more than I understand.

DeepWaterDude, Is that an offer to come help?? PLEASE come help. I like to do a lot of the trimming while the plant is still standing. The smaller sugar leaves I like to leave on the buds while curing. They seem to protect the trichomes on the buds when handling the jars during the cure. All trim I have been giving to the deer and horses, they seem to enjoy it.

DoubleTripleOG, I'm using 45 gallon Root Pouch grow bag for the Auto Malawi's. They are double planted in a single bag. They were pollinated by one or both of my Lebanese males. I will let them mature through the end od harvest. I will take them down at the same time as the others. My plants are germinated over a three week period so harvest doesn't come the same weekend.

Djimb, Hey brother feel free to post a couple pictures of your Leb 27's here. I would really like to see them. I have looked for seeds but couldn't find any. I need to get more from Ace. I have a few packs but these really seem to like North Dakota summer. The flowering onset was 10 days earlier than most plants I run. That doesn't sound like much, but 10 days in October??? I've seen 70f at the beginning of the month and -30 by the end of October. 100f difference in 31 days.

Thank you all again for your kind words and well wishes. Have a great weekend my friends.
Peace

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
So you did reg pollen on auto's ? I had the reverse of that happen. Auto pollen made seeds in photo-period plants. Any plans on keeping going and making your own auto seeds ?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
DoubleTripleOG, yes very much so. All efforts so far are to refine what strains grow well here. Someday we will be able to grow our own legally.
The old saying [preparation and opportunity = success]. I hope to provide proven genetics for ND residents.

I have no desire to claim genetics as my own, even if they are crosses I did. They all started through somebody else's hard work and research. They deserve the credit. I'm content trying to be a good grower ,whom has the best genetics available.
The Lebanese are a semi auto and consistently early. I like the CBD levels this strain has. Dubi has the resources to test and skill sets I only dream of. If in time I could sale his genetics here at a State level. I would consider that a huge victory for my State.

I will run some of the Auto Malawi x Northern lights f4 x Lebanese plants next season. I will be getting more lines of DJ and JD Short genetics next season as well. In two years I hope to be putting up a large greenhouse and one more like I have now.
Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ok, then

- use macro mode (rose icon I think),
- use a tripod, and
- use timed-shutter, (same to take pictures of a group with ourselves on it) or remote if you have it, so that you're not touching the camera the moment the shutter opens.

A torch or some high intensity light source will help your camera to focus a lot.

It may be the IS (Image Stabilization) is broken in your cam, because of a piezo failure, etc. Try disabling/enabling it makes a a difference.

Its purpose is to free the photographer from tripod, flash etc, but usually in a limited extent. You don't need it if previous suggestions are followed (tripod, etc).

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
If you want to get into macro, something like this Ring Flash will be a tool you'll love and ease the job a lot W/o breaking the bank. Is wonderful for portrait or still life too.

Kind of What You See Is What You Get, because light is constantly on. If your camera has a Depth Of Field Preview mode (DOF) you'll actually see exactly how the macro will look like in the final picture.

You'll need to rig up something as your camera lens cannot take filters. But is easy, trust me.

Make sure you take into account how the lens grows in tele mode, which is what you`ll want most of the time for macro.

You can go with a typical mod to enable filter use on powershots like this easy instructable.

I think with some patience you can rig up a little mean macro machine which takes out most of macro hassle and is easy peasy to use.

Useful addons if you can get them cheap of reasonable quality: closeup lens, and a circular polarizer filter. See the instructable.

Another route is using the bottom tripod screw socket, but you'd better leave that free so that you can actually use a tripod, monopod, etc. It will depend on how good your high ISOs are.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 14.36.49.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 14.36.49.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 16

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tips on settings on your camera useful for macro / how to use your camera to extract the max in macro from her:

- Set ISO to Auto ISO, (test High ISO Auto setting too and see if you like blue/green dots = noise).

- If hand-held, set mode to Tv, and set shutter speed to 1/360 or closer setting.

- If using a tripod: as long as the subject is stand still, you can set Tv mode shutter speed to 1/64, and check for blurriness, increasing shutter speed to get rid of it.

Try taking the macro picture: half-way through, and before completely pressing down the shutter, check which aperture / f-stop the camera has chosen to use, if it is f:8 or higher then go ahead. If not, use more light.

The goal is to shoot at 1/360 minimum or faster (hand-held), or slower speeds if on tripod; on both situations camera chosen f-stop should be > 8. The higher, the more depth of field (more distance is in focus).

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 22nd update

July 22nd update

Hey Repuk, thank you so much for all the information. It's nice to see the parts needed and used. I may be better off just getting set up with a new camera set up just for doing macro's. The going back and forth is what would screw me up the most. Getting shutter speeds set wrong and being in the middle on settings.
Here is some shots of the girls today.

This is the Purple Nepjam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29.

This is the Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple Nepjam f6.

This is my Bubba Kush

These two pictures are the Auto Malawi's

They are gaining weight everyday. The buds are very dense and heavy. The lower branches have very nice buds that are straining the branches.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 22nd update

July 22nd update

This is the Purple Malawi/PCK#47 x Purple Nepjam.

The Kush n Cheese

A Critical Cheese

This is the Blue Thai

A peek in the door. The center plant is the Panama Deep Chunk trifoliate. Almost all of the girls are getting pistils pushing out now.

I hope you all have a great week, Happy growing. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thank you Syd, I have enjoyed this weekend being off and able to get a little cleaning outside the greenhouse done. Have a great day my friend. Peace

djimb

Veteran
Djimb, Hey brother feel free to post a couple pictures of your Leb 27's here. I would really like to see them. I have looked for seeds but couldn't find any. I need to get more from Ace. I have a few packs but these really seem to like North Dakota summer. The flowering onset was 10 days earlier than most plants I run. That doesn't sound like much, but 10 days in October??? I've seen 70f at the beginning of the month and -30 by the end of October. 100f difference in 31 days.
Peace

Thanks for the invitation! I'll definitely post them up when I have something worthwhile to show. They're currently pushing their second set of real leaves, so they're not much to look at.

I got them as a gift, but I believe the Derg Corra Collective works with them and seed is sporadically available from a Danish seedbank.

What I'd really like to do is get a hold of some Lebanese seed from Ace, RSC, and a BlueHemp repro, if possible, to dig through and open pollinate one day. They all seem to have come from the Beqaa valley, but we're probably collected from different farms at different times and worked in the west for different amounts of time.

That's a project for another year, though.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
djimb, I hear you on another time my friend. I'm doing a cross with one of my Lebanese females this season. My Lebanese males pollinated the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4. My Lebanese #2 female is getting pollinated by one of DJ Short's f4 Blueberry males.
It sounded like a great combo to me and should be a little earlier in flower. Plus it should pick up a little CBD along the way. Blue Lebanese even sounds cool!
Peace

Holeshot22

Hey well done

Hey well done

Nice going there Farmerlion . Plants are doing very well.
That Lebanese x Blueberry sound great.Ive grown a few blueberry crosses. And all had a good Indica high with a nice blueberry after taste.
Have you tried the Lebanese yourself.
Sorry if you have said previously, I don't get much time to check out the forums very often.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Holeshot22, no brother I never have. I was sitting on some Angola. That was going to be the one I smoked. Then I met an older woman who needed meds and gave it to her. The Lebanese will be my new personal stash curing away, until I run across that old woman again.
But I do plan to try her out myself about Christmas time, after a good cure.
Peace

Theorganicguy

Hi Farmerlion,

I hope your plants are going well. Judging by your pictures, I'd say they are thriving pefectly! I wanted to know your opinion about the lebaneseXerdpurt. Since I'm a cbd and a landrace enthusiast, I'd like to grow them next year. Any smoke report coming in the future :) ?

Happy growing and a hug :tiphat:

-Theo

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Theorganicguy, I have some new testers just for that purpose. Myself I love the Lebanese x Erdpurt cross. It's a great plant to grow. The potential for a very high CBD plant is good. I would like to have more packs of them. I want more of the Lebanese as well. I really want a Lebanese breeders pack to work with. I will make sure to get a smoke report for you my friend.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
8-5-2018 updates

8-5-2018 updates

Hello all, Well it's been a little while since I last updated. The girls are all growing. I didn't sit and pull all the yellowing leaves before I took the pictures. So they are just natural and untouched.

Purple Malawi ?PCK#47 x Purple Nepjam

Lebanese female #1

Lebanese female #2

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts