What's new

Farm Life With Snype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your buds get dense enough that they rot, try silica at full strength next run, i bet theres little to none. The shit is seriously amazing. Great for people too. Not pro tekt thats formulated for plants im sure. But silica in general is so good for people. Better hair, nails and stuff like that. Snype i dont think it raises ppms/ec too much either. It sure as hell wont burn your plants up. Koolbloom also has been replaced by moab for me. I still like koolbloom though.

Coconutz

Veteran
No need to test silica side by side without silica. The difference will be profound and you will wonder why the fuck you didnt have silica before.

Coconutz

Veteran
Foliar works well too!
Might even be better...
I like to add silica at less than half strength to my feed. 1ml
It also helps control PH

Snype

Veteran
I will test the silica in a side by side but im not sold on it. Some members messaged me and said I wont like it but I wont say why because it is private. If these members want to chime in, go for it. If not, thanks for the info.

I noticed that the more I simplify my products, the better the quality in my end product. Ive met a lot of growers that swear there product is top of the line but I was only impressed with a few of them and they were in soil. For many years I have tried to grow hydro in a way that a seasoned smoker could not tell it was hydro. It took me many years to accomplish this task, but im sure I have. My grows are just as good as my old mentor who is a 45+ year soil expert. In the end, he was so impressed with my quality that even he and some of my enemies switched to my systems and methods. My yields blow his old soil grows by double.

Mister_D

Veteran
Silica works fantastic when properly applied. In your case I wouldn't recommend you use it during veg because it will harden your stems, making super cropping and other forms of training more difficult. However it also hardens your flowers, adding weight and better burn characteristics to the bud ;). The problem most people tend to run into is lockout from too much K in the mix. Protekt and similar products using potassium silicate as their source are high in K. I notice many people don't account for this when integrating silica into their normal feed schedule, and as a result end up with lock out and a poor opinion of the product. Obviously this is merely user error. My advice is take the less is more approach with silica, and lower your other K inputs to account for the silica. Don't expect miracles, but there is definitely a noticeable, positive difference in smoke quality, yield, better resistance to pests, temp swings, and drought, in my testing.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with simplifying the recipie to a certain extent, however, i think a proper recipie should always have a base, cal mag supplementation, a carb and silica. Hardeners such as koolbloom and moab are great too. I like moab more because its not dyed.

Snype

Veteran
Like I said, Im going to try it out in a proper side by side in a 4KW room. It will be very easy to see what it does with my methods. Regardless if it made the plants look better somehow, it would really only matter about the quality of the product itself. If it somehow fucked with flavor, resin production, yield, etc, then I wouldnt add it to my formula. If the quality stayed the same but the plants looked better with the silica, I would obviously use it. Its sort of like CalMag to me, a lot of growers seem to add it but I never would. Maybe you guys use RO water but tap is my thing as long its 200ppm or under (500 scale). Its rare for me to find better product that is as good as what I currently produce. Back in Western, MA there was a guy who had amazing organic afgoo, sour diesel and chemdog. I was most impressed with there quality of product. It was real hard to get as maybe they only had around 8 pounds a crop but it was so official.

But now, the new fucked up crop that I put into VEG-B looks amazing. They dont even look like the same plants. The system that I set to the 900's PPM already used almost 200 PPM in only a few days. PH is also stable and stems are nice and strong. Ive already SuperCropped every single branch in the room, twice. Im actually surprised that Im having no problems right now. That could change anytime. Ive never lost an RDWC crop since my addition to Chlorine via Clorox Bleach. Before that maybe 50% failure rate. Good thing are happening but its not easy. Plant work per day is at least 6 hours on a good day and 12+ hours on a bad day. Ive been listening to Phish for the first time on youtube. Mostly past shows. It really makes work more creative for me and I can get in a good zone. Glad I checked them out.

I just smoked a joint of KKSD. Ive had more experience with her cured bud and smoke her every day. I cant finish a joint at one time but I light it up every 30-45 minutes after putting out a joint. She doesnt really smell like Chemdog and its really hard to describe her smell. It smells sweet, tang, sour and maybe a slight hint of chemdog. Its actually a good day time smoke. Its powerful for the first 20 minutes but then it mellows down and you feel like thinking about things. I feel more creative while doing plant work. Theres no paranoia in it at all which is nice. A small to medium joint to the head is around a 2 hour experience. Its bag appeal is very nice. She really stands out. The contrast between her hairs and green buds looks real appealing and she has a density that is perfect and doesnt look like the type of bud that is more susceptible to mold. She has weak branches that need to be staked or SCROGed. She will never be run for production because she would never yield what I would need in a similar time with my low plant counts. So I will only do smaller soil runs with her.

BYTCH is still my main production focus. She continues to dominate my rooms. Its easy to see why when you see picks. She really can pack on weight and stanks like rotten garbage chemdog funk when grown right. I have friends that grow my cut. The product always lacks something to mine. She doesnt always look nice and have that smell profile. She starts sweet at first and sometime after 30 days you can smell the chem. She likes a lot of light but not too intense and she does much better at temperatures below 75 degrees F. Her best crops are the winter time when they can get a cold dark period in the last 4 weeks. Even with Air Conditioning, they get a cool dark period to 60 degrees for the last 4 weeks. BYTCH gets more triched up as well as more dense for me with these temperatures. Some of my other plants want more heat and dense up very nicely above 75 degrees.

Even though WD40 and Oregon White Lightning are in the mid day 20s of flower, I still cant tell if they are different plants. So now I have no idea if they are both WD40s or OWLs. Hopefully I see some differences soon. There feeding needs are very similar. They both also look frosty. Easiest day at the farm since I got here was today. Feels pretty good.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're going to continue bleach usage u should find out if you can use silica with it. Im not sure about that. Im fairly sure your end product would have overall better bag appeal. More frost, denser and brighter. Those were my results with 10+ strains. Glad the farm is coming together well. I agree about the cal mag i only use it because i run ro. I cut it out at week 7. Id love to see some recent bytch dried photos. I think you'll enjoy the silica side by side i cant wait to see the differences. Wishing you the best bud.

Snype

Veteran
Oregon White Lightning and WD-40 are at 27 days flower today. It's very obvious that these 2 plants are from the same MOM. I'm making an educated guess that both of these are WD-40 because of the leaf variegation. Both plants have the same leaves, bud formation, smell and they both have very nice trichome development. They both smell kind of candy-like which can be expected in a chemdog at this stage but its conflicting because ive smelled NL5 phenos that smell this same way. So in reality, these 2 plants are the same, but I dont know if its WD-40 or OWL. Wish Snypette didnt buy the wrong cord for the computer so I could show pics. Any day now, I hope.

Snype

Veteran
We have no idea how to hook up my laptop that has a broken screen to a TV. We keep buying the wrong cords. This laptop is a Apple 17" G4. It has no hdmi port but it has something called Dual Link DVI. Is this what I want? Can I buy this in a store with hdmi on 1 end and Dual Link on the other?

Mister_D

Veteran
We have no idea how to hook up my laptop that has a broken screen to a TV. We keep buying the wrong cords. This laptop is a Apple 17" G4. It has no hdmi port but it has something called Dual Link DVI. Is this what I want? Can I buy this in a store with hdmi on 1 end and Dual Link on the other?

Yup, best buy and similar stores should carry either a wire or just a converter with hdmi on one end, and dual link on the other. I'm sure you could find one online also.

Snype

Veteran
The cord is ordered and should arrive in about a week. Havent really taken pictures but I will at harvest. Ill have more pictures of all of the old tent phenos except that this is from a new soil crop that is just about finished. They all came out real nice and are being picked at full maturity. I was able to take these longer this time which may be attributed to defoliation stress last time which may have caused some plants to finish earlier last time. Specifically StarDawg #9 which is at day 52 today and looks pickable but Im going to wait until more amber trichs appear. Maybe 8 more days max. Im really happy with the quality of every plant on the farm.

The first 10 Bucket RDWC BYTCH's are at day 55 today and looking amazing and got some good frost to her calyx's. She never really had triched up leaves but when I grow her right she has a nice coating of frost on the calyx's. Most other growers who grow this cut have a tough time getting her to frost up. She doesnt like heat and frosts at cooler temperatures.

Im learning a lot on this RDWC crop. I added CO2 from day 1 Flower which I dont usually add until Day 13 and there was a noticeable difference in bud development in the first 13 days. A big thing that I learned is that height of plants in a growing period doesnt mean much without looking at internode length. Like donit said, I can get the same weight from 36" plants. With all the techniques that I used, I was able to keep the plants at 36" which was very surprising. Its obvious that when every branch on a plant gets great light penetration, the branches dont have to stretch to find light which also helps to strengthen them and give tighter internode growth. It is still possible that I get 4 pounds from the first 2 lights. I have no idea what I will get because of the 112 squares on the SCROG. I do know that I made some mistakes and wasnt able to get all the squares full but I only missed maybe 10 squares but those squares just have smaller tops because I didnt give enough light in VEG-B. The new Veg-B process has changed though so I see no reason to why I wont blow a gram per watt away on a more current grow in 10 Bucket Systems. This time I wasnt scared to grow them past 16" and went much more. The SCROG will hold them back. Put it this way, i have 112 squares on my grid in each system and will easily fill them. Including the other growth on the plant below the grid, I can estimate 20 grams per square. Now if some buds arent 20 grams, I have the other parts of the plant under the grid. On top of that, some squares will have multiple buds because of how bushy they are. Thats 2,240 grams if Im right. Some of my buds look to be over an oz so I could really even blow those estimates away. Also, Im not including all the soil plants on the side which is an easy 1/2 pound around each system. The goal is 3 pounds per light or 6 pounds for every 2 lights. I also placed some single bucket RDWC plants around the main systems and put in soil as well. I filled every space and will know in 2 months if I can make my goal. This is the best chance that I ever had so im excited to see what happens.

doneit

Veteran
Sounds exciting!
Im sure you will kill it once you get it handled.
You need to open your foot print to 5x10 per 2k bro... breathing room! lol

Snype

Veteran
Sounds exciting!
Im sure you will kill it once you get it handled.
You need to open your foot print to 5x10 per 2k bro... breathing room! lol

Another room that I just set up is on 5x8 per 2k. If you count the plants around the systems though, then it turns into 5x10 so I completely agree. The added side light from multiple systems works well with 5 x 8 systems but not 5x10. If I only had 9 foot ceilings I would be running E-paps but I have just under 8 feet so I have to work with what I have. We are building another operation from scratch in the spring and will have at least 9 foot ceilings. Foundation isnt even in yet though but we want to build a new custom home with lots of bells and whistles.

sahdgrower

Now you're talking my language! Building is my specialty. One day I will build my own house with my own hands (if my body still works then). This is one subject I can definitely give tons of tips and tricks on. Any question you ever have on building or tools or building products I am your guy!

Snype

Veteran
Long week of problems with the generator. Had to pick up another one today. Lots of snow. I got the cord! Driving now. Pictures in a few hours. New harvest this week!. SCROG is amazing. You shall see. This will be my last 2 pound per light crop. The new room should easily pull over 2 pounds per light. Easily. Why? 64 squares on each 1000 Watt grid. Some buds are an ounce. Lets say I average 20 grams in each 6" square on each 1000, that's 1280 grams per 1000 not including bottom growth and side plants. Don't worry, I show you the way.

Snype

Veteran
Day 60 BYTCH in RDWC
picture.php

More pictures of other things coming in a few!

Status
Not open for further replies.