What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Face of the Beast. Donald Trump rejects his own government's report on climate change

igrowone

Veteran
triggers? who's more triggered than al gore haters?
say al gore --> triggered
the nightmare of al gore, he comes in the night and takes away your SUV

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good Video -

The Great Global Warming Swindle caused controversy in the UK when it premiered March 8, 2007 on British Channel 4. A documentary, by British television producer Martin Durkin, which argues against the virtually unchallenged consensus that global warming is man-made. A statement from the makers of this film asserts that the scientific theory of anthropogenic global warming could very well be "the biggest scam of modern times."

According to Martin Durkin the chief cause of climate change is not human activity but changes in radiation from the sun. Some have called The Great Global Warming Swindle the definitive retort to Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. Using a comprehensive range of evidence it's claimed that warming over the past 300 years represents a natural recovery from a 'little ice age'.

According to the program humans do have an effect on climate but it's infinitesimally small compared with the vast natural forces which are constantly pushing global temperatures this way and that. From melting glaciers and rising sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCQv5tNsQ

Cannavore

Veteran
Still waiting for someone to debunk potholer54's youtube videos on climate change. If its such a hoax and fraud it shoud be easy.

Not even Mr Magical Heedur boy seemed up to the task.

Gry

Veteran
First became aware of the issue through Pentagon issued publications back in the early eighties.
At that point, it was more an issue of accommodation and upgrades to systems.

Smith111

Don't you think all these people like Al Gore and the likes, would live differently if the world really depended on reducing global emissions? I mean, look at the climate gatherings by politicians. Everybody uses private jets, everybody uses SUV's, and they are the worst offenders.

If you really believed the world was about to end because of human emotions, wouldn't you not fly in private jets, SUV's, ext ext? Very telling IMO.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I don't think the world will end. I do believe the air may become unbreathable. The water undrinkable. Making many places uninhabitable.

Not to mention thinks like radiation and psychos with nukes.

But the earth is a big rock. We might not last but earth will grow back what we destroy.

White Beard

The same “ logic” suggests that humans couldn’t possibly have thrown away enough plastic and beer cans to litter the ocean floor, much less create a floating garbage dump in the middle of the Pacific; the same logic says that there’s *SO* much water that Fukushima can’t *possibly* have any effect on fish, on seafood, on the ability of the ocean to sustain human populations....

'Boogieman'

It can continue to warm up, I believe we play a very small part, it's still cold as hell where I live. It's low on my list of things to care about.

Cannavore

Veteran
Don't you think all these people like Al Gore and the likes, would live differently if the world really depended on reducing global emissions? I mean, look at the climate gatherings by politicians. Everybody uses private jets, everybody uses SUV's, and they are the worst offenders.

If you really believed the world was about to end because of human emotions, wouldn't you not fly in private jets, SUV's, ext ext? Very telling IMO.
One guy giving up fossil fuels isnt going to change shit. This is more or less a bullshit argument. Yhey do it to bernie sanders now too. You expect these people to walk or take a bike ride across the country instead?

igrowone

Veteran
It can continue to warm up, I believe we play a very small part, it's still cold as hell where I live. It's low on my list of things to care about.

this is essence of the situation
it's not so much disbelief as indifference
this is how evolution has wired us, more immediate threats take precedence
it's not right, it's not wrong, it just is

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
I am damn glad I never had any kids. What the kids are going to be inheriting is a real sad state of affairs, and vasts amounts of greedy, selfish people with their heads shoved so far up their own crevice, just don't give a damn about anyone or anything past the immediate me and now.

Put the mephone down, get out of car/truck and open your eyes.
This planet is your growroom, would you pump that foul air and water through your grow room to grow your finest buds. I doubt it, so why is it ok to pump that crap through everyone elses grow room.

igrowone

Veteran
the thing is, people have to feel the heat for it to get their attention
why aren't they feeling the heat? gotta think that air conditioning is part of that equation
so what about an air conditioner tax based on existing weather zones?
if it's not warming, the existing air conditioning requirements will not change
no tax increase, no problem
if it gets warmer it's going to cost you some, puts some skin in the game

watts

ohms
Veteran
the liars are in charge of truth,
the thieves are in charge of public wealth,
the traitors are in charge of foreign policies, and
the corrupt are in charge of justice.

igrowone

Veteran
Let's pay taxes!

:jump:

better yet, if the temperatures don't go up significantly, make it some tax credits
government(in part) has put it out there that temperatures are going up and it will be bad if they do
so government funds the risk abatement
if temperatures go down or stay the same government loses some tax revenue in the form of credits

St. Phatty

When people talk about collectively consuming less, and carbon goals like 350, I think they are being super-un-realistic. I would never ask someone who is poor & needs to take a hot bath, not to burn the wood to heat the water for the bath. I also don't think you can ask someone in Canada to not heat bathwater using natural gas - it's cold up there !

I think the focus needs to be on Health & Survival. I will side-step the wildfire part of climate change. That part, related to higher CO2 levels making plants grow faster, is very real.

I look at towns in places like Mongolia, where they use coal for heat. So they end up with real bad air in the winter. That's a problem any pot grower could solve - in a town of 2000 they might have 400 yurts and 100 houses. 500 Chimneys all emitting smoke from coal.

A definite problem for the people who live there, health wise. Of course, it's a Cannabis-grower friendly problem. Just imagine those are 500 grow rooms that need to hook up their exhaust fans and blow it 1 mile away from town. Easy & not too expensive.

I think those are the kind of small-town problems that global organizations that talk about Climate Change, should focus on. Helping small towns in growing nations deal with the air pollution that normally comes with early stage industrial development, as a for example.

So they can save their lungs for the good stuff !!! :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts