What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Face of the Beast. Donald Trump rejects his own government's report on climate change

T

Teddybrae

Yes, the great shrug of indifference. More uselessness. I really think such a reply is automatic hopelessness.

When I see posts like this, I take it as a given there is no concern for Al Gore.
I also believe the poster has no grandchildren.

T

Teddybrae

Did you know about the "unprecedented" heat and wind in Eastern Australia? You should come over. You'd enjoy 42 degrees C. That's about 107 degrees F in your numbers. And at the same time you could help put out the wildfires.

I'm afraid I will miss Global Warming...was hoping it would be 70* to 90* everyday by now. :biggrin:

Klompen

I don't care either way I live on the other side of the world but Trump is clearly suffering from some kind of mental disorder. He only hears what he wants to hear. Just the other day he thanked himself on Twitter for lowering oil prices while GM closes 3 plants in the US and one in Canada and lays off 15% of salaried staff.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1066689688600281088

Trump is a fool, but to be honest... GM really makes some pretty shitty vehicles.

St. Phatty

Did you know about the "unprecedented" heat and wind in Eastern Australia? You should come over. You'd enjoy 42 degrees C. That's about 107 degrees F in your numbers. And at the same time you could help put out the wildfires.

Did you read about the deadly turbulence the fire incident commanders reported, about the July 2018 Redding fire ?

It was right around 107 F the week of the fire start.

It was 107 and no wind - most of the time.

But once the fire was going, it was gusting North to South, West to East, East to West, about 10 minutes at a time in each direction.

It's bad enough when the fires just have the Santa Ana winds, 25 miles per hour east to west. One direction to worry about.

Their reaction was almost universally "never seen that before" - but this was their first big & then huge mid-summer fire.

Much harder to control. Much more dangerous.

One thing I learned, it's never too late to clear away the combustible fuels near one's house. Even mid-summer, it can literally be thrown in the ocean and worried about when the rains come back.

If it's 107 F, your fire people are likely to have a fire season that is interesting when what's needed is boring.

T

Teddybrae

Did you read about the deadly turbulence the fire incident commanders reported, about the July 2018 Redding fire ?

Seems clear to me that when the weather system is behaving in an 'unprecedented manner' on both sides of the globe then Climate Change has already happened!!!

You're quite right, St P. get that fuel away from your house! Leaf blowers are faster than rakes and can even blow out grass fires.

Perhaps your Federal Government will give out leaf blowers with courtesy of Trump decals on them rather than the rakes he spoke of ...

St. Phatty

Perhaps your Federal Government will give out leaf blowers with courtesy of Trump decals on them rather than the rakes he spoke of ...

That would be both Trump-ish and disastrous.

You notice how the fires get more intense with the higher winds ?

Like a blast furnace.

A leaf blower is the exact OPPOSITE direction to go if you want to put out a fire.

It generates winds of 100 miles per hour plus. If you blow that at a pile of leaves on fire, well you know what'll happen.

Of course if you have 4 leaf blowers, you have a personal hovercraft ! To transport you out of there.

I like my rakes, got em piled in the back of the car.

But last time I needed to clear the driveway, I used the leaf-blower.

My tires are Sh-t. Reliable sh-t, just not a lot of tread. So I have to prepare for the snow by keeping the driveway clear of slippery stuff, like piles of frozen leaves.

igrowone

Veteran
as of Cohen going down, seems the beast is kind of a dead man walking
make that a dead beast walking, what the hell does Cohen know?
sounds worse then just using Russian election help, but don't want to be the source of unfounded rumours(yet)

G

The sky is falling. Per al bore but he is still making money that PT Barnum would be proud of.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Is Miami under water yet? Are all the polar bears dead? Shit I thought I got high and missed the fat prophet gores predictions come true.

If this shit was anything more than to control people and economies, these liberal grant recipients wouldn't have to fake their data. Ala east Anglia and the one last week. Oh were sorry we fucked up our ocean temperature predictions. But, but, but we are still right. And humans did it all in the study with the knife.

Give me fuckin break, make that a joint and a beer next to a bonfire I'm lighting now.

Neighbors gonna love me...

Wendull C.

Veteran
Lil w was a trip. A globalist through and through. I still know the number to Congress because of w.

But that doesn't negate the fact these studies are fraudulent propaganda perpetrated on economies and people to globally control them even more than they now do.

Makes perfect sense lil w commissioned the study.

Klompen

Is Miami under water yet? Are all the polar bears dead? Shit I thought I got high and missed the fat prophet gores predictions come true.

If this shit was anything more than to control people and economies, these liberal grant recipients wouldn't have to fake their data. Ala east Anglia and the one last week. Oh were sorry we fucked up our ocean temperature predictions. But, but, but we are still right. And humans did it all in the study with the knife.

Give me fuckin break, make that a joint and a beer next to a bonfire I'm lighting now.

Neighbors gonna love me...

Gore is a piece of shit and the neoliberals pushing climate change undoubtedly have ulterior motives, but that doesn't mean its scientifically baseless. We pump a stunning amount of CO2 into the atmosphere every year and that's probably the least dangerous gas we produce via industry.

Wendull C.

Veteran
So not agreeing with you equals I should leave?

Then you libs want to claim tolerance? While not hearing any views that oppose your own? Hypocrite much?

You know nothing of me or what I think of my wild places.

Btw, I'm sorry I'm not sorry you were triggered.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
To debate properly we have to look at both sides of every coin - and even the edges.

Then and only then we can make some sort of logical conclusion about any topic within our own minds - based on our own reasoning - To do this we need to consume information from all sources - from every opinion, before we can discount anything and actually form some sort of valid opinion based on research and reasoning.

To me both sides of any debate/argument has worth - and we should discuss these topics analytically and sensibly, without personal attacks and emotional responses.

Lately I have started to look at this global warming - and today I ran across this video about it - so please take a look, and give me you're comments on it.

The Great Global Warming Swindle - Full Documentary HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCQv5tNsQ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts