What's new

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Are ya getting a burner with a 4" cooling sleeve? It's a metal sleeve that goes into the top of the burner and can have ductwork attached directly to it to get rid of the heat.

Your definetly gonna notice the heat. I can tell when mine kicks on because of the added heat. I can actually feel the room get warmer, then I look at the thermometer and the temp is up by 3-4 degrees. AC is the best way to deal with it imho.

Co2 saved my ass the other day. I was doing something in the flower room and unplugged one of the extraction fans that cools 2 1k's. Temps that night got up to 95f!!!!! Thank god the co2 is always jamming at 1500. Without it the plants would have surely been toasted.

Anyways.........rooms are looking sick arm. I can't wait to see how you do the glue. I wanna get your opinion of how it is compared to the deadhead. I have the glue, but your gonna finish flowering some by the time I'm putting some into flower. Your Deadhead you said was killer last round, so I wanna know how you think it stacks up against the glue...thanks bro.
The burner was already there when I took over, and it is not liquid cooled, or vented. If it is only a few degrees, then I may be fine, we will see.
I am really excited to see the Glue with CO2! Jackmayoffer killed it running CO2 and screens. I think 380 grams from one plant...

Arminius

Veteran
Day 21 Bravo

Day 21 Bravo

Three weeks in the bag, and looking good!
picture.php

Headband
picture.php

Headband canopy shot
picture.php

SSOG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53080&pictureid=1242446
SSOG canopy shot
picture.php

Arminius

Veteran
Day 21 Bravo Continued

Day 21 Bravo Continued

Tahoe in the back, White Fire Alien in the front.
picture.php

Canopy
picture.php

Deadhead
picture.php

Deadhead canopy
picture.php

I will start taking macro shots when there is more resin. It started to form a couple days ago, so hopefully next week I will have a tripod for the macros...

Arminius

Veteran
Bravo Recap

Bravo Recap

Day 1
picture.php

Day 7
picture.php

Day 14
picture.php

Day 21
picture.php

I may only do a full room recap for one more week. You can only see the difference with closer shots going forward.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I was just looking at your trellis system........I think I'm gonna go get the parts to build one today. It looks like you tied the horti-trellis to the pvc, and the pvc is on rope rachets?

Arminius

Veteran
I was just looking at your trellis system........I think I'm gonna go get the parts to build one today. It looks like you tied the horti-trellis to the pvc, and the pvc is on rope rachets?
It works for some situations, but not for mine... When I recently redid the temporary, recycled screens in Alpha; I chose to use legs, rather than more ratchets.
If your beds/tables are high enough, then ratchets may do the trick. I found myself dangerously bumping into the screens, and/or the rope from the ratchets. Once the canopy is filled, the risk of damaging plants are minimal, but I still prefer legs. When I reset Alpha, and was able to reach every corner of the screen without getting tangled in the rope.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good as usual man, you are using co2 burners over there now? We are about to set up co2 in one of our gardens but heat is a definite issue so probably will go with a couple 50lb tanks and a regulator instead.

Arminius

Veteran
I am not running a burner in Bravo, and will have to reconfigure the ventilation before I can even use a tank and regulator. I am considering just biting the bullet and go full environmentally controlled. Need some sort of refrigeration, airflow is not cutting it.
I am currently messing with a burner in Alpha only. I need a humidifier in there ASAP! Yeah, you can get away with higher temps, but you need more RH, not just CO2. I have my eye on a unit that should fix that problem. Luckily, I have 2 more weeks in hand before the scheduled flip in Alpha...

Arminius

Veteran
For you horizontal growers out there, how close do you get your glass to the top of your canopy? I know the old rule of thumb is as close as you can tolerate the back of your hand, but I can literally touch the back of my hand to the glass... I am used to running 600s, and getting away with 12-16 inches before foxtailing, and burning. I know it will vary from strain to strain, but there should be a general rule for vented hoods right?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
what kind of reflectors are you using? i think that matters more than strain. and your lights are 1000w right? when i was using Radiant 8's with 1000w hps and digital ballasts i had to keep them at least 3ft up from the canopy or any strain would foxtail

Arminius

Veteran
what kind of reflectors are you using? i think that matters more than strain. and your lights are 1000w right? when i was using Radiant 8's with 1000w hps and digital ballasts i had to keep them at least 3ft up from the canopy or any strain would foxtail
Magnum XXXL 6" with glass, and ducted. I can literally have the back of my hand 6" from the glass for 30 secs no problem.
Going to do baby steps, and adjust as needed, with measuring tape in hand...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
smart, baby steps is better than burnt tops. i've fried so many plants with 1000w bulbs in horizontal gardens that at this point i am hesitant to use them unless i have at least 3ft of canopy clearance

For you horizontal growers out there, how close do you get your glass to the top of your canopy? I know the old rule of thumb is as close as you can tolerate the back of your hand, but I can literally touch the back of my hand to the glass... I am used to running 600s, and getting away with 12-16 inches before foxtailing, and burning. I know it will vary from strain to strain, but there should be a general rule for vented hoods right?

I've run sixes in cool tubes and gotten bleaching around about 6-8 inches. I could touch the glass on those too. A light meter'd tell you for sure but I believe about 12 for 600s and 18 for 1000s are the magic numbers. I'd REALLY recommend getting a light meter. It's worth the 70 bucks to get that number exactly right when you're running the scale you're up to. Even if it's only a couple inches difference it'll still pay for itself in the first crop. Not really worth it for people running one or two lights but ten plus? Sure.

Magnums are a bit less directed than cooltubes, so I'd think you'd have a bit more leeway with them than I did. when I got bleaching it was mainly in a hotspot footprint where the cooltubes directed the most light.

Arminius

Veteran
smart, baby steps is better than burnt tops. i've fried so many plants with 1000w bulbs in horizontal gardens that at this point i am hesitant to use them unless i have at least 3ft of canopy clearance
I feel your fear! I fried a few buds doing bare bulb vert, and just don't want to be gun shy. From what I was reading on another site, leaf temps are a good measure of the optimal light absorption. If the leaf temp, in relation to VPD, dictates bleaching/burning of buds, then it would make sense to me...

Arminius

Veteran
I've run sixes in cool tubes and gotten bleaching around about 6-8 inches. I could touch the glass on those too. A light meter'd tell you for sure but I believe about 12 for 600s and 18 for 1000s are the magic numbers. I'd REALLY recommend getting a light meter. It's worth the 70 bucks to get that number exactly right when you're running the scale you're up to. Even if it's only a couple inches difference it'll still pay for itself in the first crop. Not really worth it for people running one or two lights but ten plus? Sure.

Magnums are a bit less directed than cooltubes, so I'd think you'd have a bit more leeway with them than I did. when I got bleaching it was mainly in a hotspot footprint where the cooltubes directed the most light.
I have a light meter that measures in foot candles, not PAR (those are the pricey ones). It is my understanding that a light meter will best be used to make sure you don't have redundant overlap on your light spacing. The light meter tells me that there is 175k FC at the glass, and only 30k FC 24" from the glass. If a PAR meter will tell you when a plant gets no more PAR/Lumens than max rated, and anything closer will result in burning, then I would gladly buy one.
It's a shame that Big Pharma's narcotic scheduling of Cannabis has prohibited more scientific studies! Damn dope fiends...

Can't you take the fc reading and plug that into your bulb's output/spectrum? I thought there was an equation (total minus non usable or some such) that would let you get a rough PAR reading from the fc? I may be wrong about that but I know I've seen at least a discussion of that somewhere on the interwebs.

Were I you I'd look into a PAR meter. Research before you buy of course, but I believe that's exactly what they do. Let you adjust the lights so the tops are at whatever height equals noontime at the equator. MUCH more exact readings for our purposes.

I'm not an electrician or physicist in any sense. Light and electricity make very little sense to me. In case that wasn't obvious by now. Take anything I say about this with a grain of salt because I'm just parroting stuff I've heard not sharing stuff I've tried at this point. When I got bleaching I just guesstimated how much to back off and ended up around 12".

dstark

Late to the party

Late to the party

Crazy crazy thread! Been catching up for the past two days. So much been on your plate but gladly its full only with delights. Nice read thanks for sharing despite everything that is going on.
For the low RH part, buying a cheap ass cold vapor humidifier could do the job... Just a thought... NVM scratch that I noticed you already on it.
Also whats app with your girlfriend- previous grow operation investor?

:tiphat:

Arminius

Veteran
Crazy crazy thread! Been catching up for the past two days. So much been on your plate but gladly its full only with delights. Nice read thanks for sharing despite everything that is going on.
For the low RH part, buying a cheap ass cold vapor humidifier could do the job... Just a thought... NVM scratch that I noticed you already on it.
Also whats app with your girlfriend- previous grow operation investor?

:tiphat:
Lol! You guys only know half the story at this point. Things have settled down a bit, so I may share the rest of the story of the last few months.
I got my humidifier from mainlandmart.com. I plumbed it last night, and holy shit am I glad I got the humidistat that plugs into it. It took less than 30 minutes and I had 80% RH (from 30%) in a 17' x 11' room. I dialed it back to 60% for now. Going to track down a VPD chart and dial this bitch in! I have one more week before I flip Alpha, since we are at Week 4 in Bravo, and will upload pics from that room with the humidifier in action after the lights come back on (18/6).

Arminius

Veteran
Bravo Day 28

Bravo Day 28

Humming right along! The Tahoe are the largest buds at this point...
picture.php

WFA in front, Tahoe in back
picture.php

DHOG I have have been slowly removing blocking fan leaves, and the undercarriage every couple days.
picture.php

SSOG
picture.php

Headband
picture.php

I have been super busy, yet productive the last couple weeks, and will post more later tonight.

Arminius

Veteran
Last time I ran my Tahoe cut...
picture.php

and Headband...
picture.php

WFA...
picture.php

I am using the same feed schedule, but different medium and it was vertical. It will be curious to see the difference!