What's new

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Just because it looks like dope, doesn't mean it will get you high...

Just because it looks like dope, doesn't mean it will get you high...

picture.php

First off, that is not a sample that came from my garden, but another grower here on the Mag. The cuts came from me, and the sample supposedly came from a room that one strain tested over 25%, so I assumed it would be of similar quality.
The only reason I am posting these results is to clear my conscience. I offered to help move a unit of the HK#1, after successfully moving a unit of the OG Headcheese.
A price was agreed upon, and I paid half of the ticket before I started getting very loud negative feedback. Luckily I still had a zip that I had pulled off for my personal consumption (since I know the strain, and really enjoy it), and was able to send some to the lab. I took a look at the zip for the first time and was quite shocked at the lack of nose, and upon closer examination, there was almost no trichomes to speak of. This strain has its roots in the old hash plants, and is known for its large resin production. I then did a blind test with several friends. All I had left of my HK#1 was buddlets, and shake, but it was preferred 100% and was rated a 9 vs 4 in the terpene department.
I had to give a 12 point credit to my broker to calm the pissed off patients, and this strain is no longer known as Hindu Kush x #1 Skunk in that circle, it was that bad...
The controversy begins when the grower demanded his full ticket, despite the negative feedback, and my loss of 12 points just to keep my broker alive. I accepted the responsibility for not returning the unit, and offered to pay the remaining ticket price in time, but not now. That was unacceptable, and things quieted down. In an attempt to bury this issue for good in my head, I paid the $60 and 2 grams to have it tested with my latest harvest. I expected around 9-10 percent, but 6% shocked me. But considering that patients complaints were about the smell of dried hay, it makes sense now...
I am not sure if I am violating any terms of use, but I am in a legal state, I get 1099s from dispensaries, and am in full compliance of 215/420.

I just took a large oil dab from my 87% wax, but when I come out of the fog, I will do a harvest update.

D

DaveTheNewbie

this comes under the heading of "no good deed goes unpunished"

when you take someone elses gear under your wing untested your responsable for it. As you noticed, the people you passed it to hated it, and now your rep is tarnished.

IMO you should give back all the cash you took for the shit weed. wear the loss to get your rep back. its too important. Long term its your #1 asset.

learn your lesson about paying up front for something uninspected. Ask why this guy was trying to sell it to you and not the wider public. I suspect he knew it was shit (how could you not if it was that bad?) I mean what are you thinking while trimming and there is no smell, no texture, no sticky?

I wouldnt pay him any more cash, just give him back the rest of the shit weed and say "no thanks". Good luck getting the cash you paid off him, if he was a man he would give it back, but dont hold your breath :)

If you out the grower that gave it to you then :
1) you might save someone else this problem
2) yoru in for a shitfight of he said she said and god knows where it could end up
IMO not worth it.

And theres my opinion for what its worth (fuck all)

Arminius

Veteran
Is this the same Hindu Skunk that was offered at SR71/Bluesky back in the day ?
I have no idea. It was a clone given to me when I first started growing 2 years ago. I have grown it several times and loved it, and had great feedback from patients. There was a seed release at some point, but this was from clone.

Arminius

Veteran
OG Headcheese Harvest

OG Headcheese Harvest

I started taking them down on day 54, and finished by 56. They are coming off the racks now, and will have dry weight in the next couple of days.
I spent some time timing myself at the different stages of trimming, and feel I have it down pat.
Step 1: remove all leaves with no resin and discard.
picture.php

picture.php

Step 2: remove all leaves with stems, and snip into work size pieces.
picture.php

Step 3: trim with Bonsai Heroes
picture.php

picture.php

Arminius

Veteran
OG Headcheese Macros, and Randoms

OG Headcheese Macros, and Randoms

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next room comes down on Monday, and will last for at least 3 days with a 2 man crew. The USD will start coming down at 70-71 days.

G

GMax

happy harvesting !!!! :tree:

that headcheese looks YUMMY... the buds remind me of my Jock Horror keeper years back... smelled exactly like a monster energy drink with a little skunk..... awesome job :tiphat:

O

otis33

you are a hard worker Arm, you've come a long way since I first began lurking your threads. keep kilin' it.

Arminius

Veteran
Dry Weight for OG Headcheese

Dry Weight for OG Headcheese

From 15 plants I ended up with 34 ounces, with the lone SDD still to be chopped. Today is day 63 for the SDD, and will be getting the ax in the next few days. I would like to take her to 70 if I can, but last time bud rot started to show up around day 65. Will be checking daily...
The USD is at day 70 today, and I have been spraying every 3-4 days with No Fungus, which is safe up to, and including harvest, and completely organic. I am going to spray one last time tonight, and start the harvest tomorrow, and should be finished by Saturday. Expecting at least 4 pounds from a 4x8 :)
Living within an hour of Silicon Valley sure has its advantages. I picked up a vacuum oven from a plant liquidation. I paid 1k, and its listed from retailers between 4-5k... I just need a new door gasket, and its on like Donkey Kong. I will be able to purge continuously, rotating trays as needed. This, plus the lab tests, will be a continual money maker ;)
Too much going on right now, but I will try to update later tonight.

Mister_D

Veteran
From 15 plants I ended up with 34 ounces, with the lone SDD still to be chopped. Today is day 63 for the SDD, and will be getting the ax in the next few days. I would like to take her to 70 if I can, but last time bud rot started to show up around day 65. Will be checking daily...
The USD is at day 70 today, and I have been spraying every 3-4 days with No Fungus, which is safe up to, and including harvest, and completely organic. I am going to spray one last time tonight, and start the harvest tomorrow, and should be finished by Saturday. Expecting at least 4 pounds from a 4x8 :)
Living within an hour of Silicon Valley sure has its advantages. I picked up a vacuum oven from a plant liquidation. I paid 1k, and its listed from retailers between 4-5k... I just need a new door gasket, and its on like Donkey Kong. I will be able to purge continuously, rotating trays as needed. This, plus the lab tests, will be a continual money maker ;)

Get some pics of that vac oven, sounds like just what a friend of mine is looking for :biggrin:. Curious to know more about it's function and abilities concerning hash making.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sweet dude, i might be looking for a vac oven soon. Keep us posted on that...
Ive been in gold country for a couple weeks but when im back in SC i want me some OG headcheese! Looks delish

D

DHF

Onward and upward my buddy.....ANY tool that helps return on investment is a good thingy.....especially when purchased for cents on the dollar.....

Hard work and perseverance pay off sooner than later......Keep dialin Bro....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Arminius

Veteran
RST Results

RST Results

Look forward to seeing the solvent/impurities results too :biggrin:.
picture.php

Came back clean as a whistle! Good to know since wax is my preferred consistency.
I had to hunt down a new door gasket seal from North Carolina, but it should be here tomorrow, and I will post more details of the oven.

Mister_D

Veteran
View Image
Came back clean as a whistle! Good to know since wax is my preferred consistency.
I had to hunt down a new door gasket seal from North Carolina, but it should be here tomorrow, and I will post more details of the oven.

Thanks man, very cool. Also good to have proof in hand your shit is clean :biggrin:

Arminius

Veteran
Thanks man, very cool. Also good to have proof in hand your shit is clean :biggrin:
The test is $85 per sample, so I don't see myself doing the RST screening every time, but its a good piece of mind :) Now, when "seasoned" smokers cough til they see stars, they can't blame it on the solvent lol!

Arminius

Veteran
Latest Lab Results

Latest Lab Results

I retested my Chem Sis, and the moisture content is still a tad higher than I was hoping, but still well within the ideal moisture content between 6 and 11 percent. Notice the TAC increased by over 1% :)
picture.php

For comparisons sake, my friend who has been growing the same strain for 7 years, and was particularly pleased with the way his run turned out. He may rethink that opinion when I show him the results tomorrow. A 4% difference is considerable in my opinion.
picture.php

The OG Headcheese came in a bit lower than I was hoping, but at almost 22%, it sure ain't shitty mall dope!:smokeit:
picture.php

I got the vacuum oven up and running with a batch that didn't wax up. I am uploading more photos now, and will try to do a couple more updates...

Arminius

Veteran
Vacuum Oven in Service!

Vacuum Oven in Service!

This thing is a fucking beast! It took two men to put it in place, and I had to wire a dedicated 20amp 110 circuit for it.
picture.php

I had this 30 gram run in the freezer after it wouldn't wax up. I think it was just too thick for the smaller chamber. I also found the parchment lined foil that can be formed into purging dishes of various sizes, labeled, and packed into the oven!
picture.php

Oven set at 55 degrees Celsius, vacuumed to 29.5, and instantly bubbles formed. I will be running a couple batches and add them to the oven in the morning.
picture.php

Arminius

Veteran
Small Outdoors Update

Small Outdoors Update

My Blue Dragon has been flowering for the last 5-6 weeks. Pretty much as soon as I turned off the suplimental lighting this strain goes into flower. I figure she will be done in 2-3 weeks. In total I have one mother, and 5 clones to harvest soon. I am hoping to find some time to do some pruning to thin out the inside of the plant.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts