What's new

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Lol what do you expect from 60" plants? Of course they are fucking trees ;-)
Swell is in full force, will try to add photos later...

Arminius

Veteran

USD at ~40 days
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363545216.960034.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363545283.322472.jpg
The Sis at same day. She is really starting to impress me. She will only go another 20 days, but shows no sign of slowing down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363545383.888879.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363545412.805673.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363545443.504985.jpg

I have been busy trying to sort out my lighting situation in the barn. I will need to build a 16 light flip flop relay, to save a grand. Should be able to build it for 200.
When I am done building I will have two 4 lighters, with an 8 lighter in the middle, not including the 4 lights in my closet. In total I will have 12k in lights between 4 rooms staggered for a harvest every 2-3 weeks...
Anyone with experience building a relay feel free to chime in. I have skimmed a couple of threads, but have not seen one that I like, but will likely be incorporating several into one. The gray areas are the timer, and hot starts.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I have 2 flip flop I built in my thread, its more towards the beggining. One f them controls 16 bulbs off of 4 ballasts... Honestly, If you want to hardwire them you can do it for pretty cheap but if you want to be able to plug in the cords and unplug them ( I DO ) its easier to buy them online rather than buy all the fittings and diy because they are so cheap online. I bought 3 of them recently 2 10 ballast and one 6 ballast. In hind site I wish that I bought two 6 ballast flippers instead of the 10 ballast because I have to buy extensions to plug everything in. It all depends on your setup.

Quantums hot flip, magnetics do as well. My next gens do also, bobble doesnt like next gens. Lumateks dont hot flip, I dont like lumateks bobble does.

I will send you a pm.

hotboxes

I love my quantums, the lumatek I have is nice but won't hot start.Yeah you can get the flip boxes online pretty cheap I seen them for like 250 to 350 for a 6 ballast flip on ebay

Arminius

Veteran

Making progress daily, sleep is overrated...
One SDD bonsai mom spit out 72 cuts, and could have been another 20. Prolific little whore...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363825906.372486.jpg

Finally got half of my mothers on drippers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363825964.071080.jpg

The Sis with 20 days left tops, and shows no sign of slowing down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363826040.087876.jpg

Picked up two more lights, and will get the monsters in veg into the big room in the next 48 hours.

Arminius

Veteran

Lol, the most I can see myself doing is 500... I am in the flower business...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UN-LEASHE HELL!!!!!! I need CLONES!

kinda kidding but not really... tty tomorrow.

Alien_Dawg

Making progress daily, sleep is overrated...
One SDD bonsai mom spit out 72 cuts, and could have been another 20. Prolific little whore...
View attachment 213357

Finally got half of my mothers on drippers.
View attachment 213358

The Sis with 20 days left tops, and shows no sign of slowing down.
View attachment 213364

Picked up two more lights, and will get the monsters in veg into the big room in the next 48 hours.

Beautiful. ...:tiphat: I want some Bonsia moms.. Ya gotz it down bro.. damb...

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Arminius

Veteran

I think I am limiting myself to 16 mums. I will have doubles of some, but I should be able to sustain 10 different strains, give or take a couple.
Bonsai is the way to go. I will be able to keep 5 flower rooms full, and excess clones sold for profit, in a 4x4 area, with 16 mums, and only six 4' T5s...

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I just did a couple hundred about a week ago. NOT ENOUGH!!!! At my old spot i usually had about three hundred going all the time. I had like 50+ mothers at one point, 30 trees and 20 bonsai moms. So i always had mothers i could clone. I liked to cut them down to just about nothing, and see which ones would come back the fastest lol. The best part is i used a huge bank of t8's to light them, 5,4 ft., four light fixtures all attached together. Way more coverage than a 600 hps, or else i never would have fit 30 moms!!!!!! Strainwhore Maximus!!!!

BldSwtTrs

Hey arminus man great looking bonsai moms. I have had semi-bonsai moms for a while now but still havn't exactly figured out the pruning technique.

Can you elaborate on exactly how you are taking cuts and pruning these?

It appears that when you take cuts you just hack them down to almost nothing and just leave a few nodes so that they can regenerate. Is this it? And if so how long does it take them to get back to being able to throw off lots of cuts? Thanks man hope all is well.

Arminius

Veteran

Thanks for stoping by BST! Was worried we lost you for a sec...
I came across a thread on GC, that was an archived thread from OG I believe. If you google bonsai mums it should show up.
An established bonsai should be able to give up 20-30 cuttings every two weeks or so. The one pictured above wasn't pruned for the last 2 months, so she gave up much more, but I should be able to pull another 40 or so in two weeks. Some strains will give up more obviously.
I have some mums that need pruning from a couple weeks ago, which will be a good example of how quickly they rebound. I will snap some shots after the boy goes to bed.

Arminius

Veteran

But yeah, you pretty much got the gist of it. I only prune branches that have nodes forming below. You also want the thin out the middle of the plant. Think of a donut from an overhead view. You will quickly get a feel for the desired shape.

Arminius

Veteran

Another thing to consider is root pruning. Once or twice a year you need to shave off the outside inch or so and repot.
Some of my older mums are approaching one year old. Rather than having to do it repeatedly, I am thinking of 1gal air pots. They should sold the root bound issue in a 4" pot.
Using this method, people have kept mothers alive for 20+ years.