What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F landlords!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Then the coup de gras. The younger piggy picks up a mason jar filled with birdseed (just innoculated with b+ psilocybe cubensis spores a few days prior) and looks and it with a quizzical look.

"That's a science project man"
"Ok, just wondering what you were doing with a bunch of jars full of birdseed"
hahahaha
:

Hahah thats awesome, i used to grow shrooms too im familiar with those jars, luckily they didnt have too much mycelium growing yet!

My landlord called me this morning at 8 am. One too many noise complaints, I'm getting evicted.

damn talk about weird timing with this thread then huh?

one thing that helps to keep home owners nice and to stay away
pay rent on or before due time
be a general handyman mister fix it
keep property nice neat and clean
be friendly with neghbors ya never know if thier friends with home owner

no loud partys
no domestic fighting

i basically follow those rules and hes still a dick.

my landlord was acting totally cool before i rented the house, i signed the lease thinking i had found the right house. then he turned into a serious control freak. maybe he is keen to growers, because in the room i am growing in, the carpets have a huge pink/purple stain that strongly resembles GH.

Nokuy you are lucky, thats what im trying to do. My mom offered to help with down payment once i can get enough cash and job security to pay the mortgage. 600 is stupid cheap though!! id still have to pay my mom about 2 grand a month.

asshole landlords

asshole landlords

my advive is to use a housing association. the dont give a damn so long as you pay ur rent and keep quiet with the neigburs, they come round for inspecvtions and just sit and talk to you for 5 mins before going to the next one. i was growing 8 og cheese and 4 sycosys in full flower nearly done when i had my first inspection. i was bricking my short's!!!! he did not even notice the smell bonus

p.s the landlord in the uk has to give you 24 hours notice at leaste before entering the property unless you have stated an emergancy. private landlords can be tricky, just threaten them with the board of fair rent via the c.a.b and see what they say! ha ha ha F.U.C.K.E.M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

alpinestar

Then the coup de gras. The younger piggy picks up a mason jar filled with birdseed (just innoculated with b+ psilocybe cubensis spores a few days prior) and looks and it with a quizzical look.

"That's a science project man"
"Ok, just wondering what you were doing with a bunch of jars full of birdseed"
hahahaha

Then the old pig lectures me about using the oven while stoned. He said he could have charged me with a felony for cooking under the influence.

You should have said its a bird trap haha
then asked what could anyone do illegal with a big ass jar of birdseed aside from throw it at someone?

cooking under the influence? Sounds like they thought you were still stoned enough to believe it

RaptorJesus

wow. some of these asshole landlords can be a real nightmare...

i fucking love my landlord though.. been a tenant for almost 3 yrs and still happy. i pay out the ass for my place, everyone says i'm getting ripped off, but here's the thing. my landlord loves weed. he encourages me to grow and loves to check on the plants whenever he stops by. he even had a garden in his back yard a while ago. only problem is he always comes over and asks me to smoke him up. lol. but i do, and i pay my rent early every month, help him out with repairs here and there. i could probably be 6 months late on my rent and he would cut me slack, lol.

wow. some of these asshole landlords can be a real nightmare...

i fucking love my landlord though.. been a tenant for almost 3 yrs and still happy. i pay out the ass for my place, everyone says i'm getting ripped off, but here's the thing. my landlord loves weed. he encourages me to grow and loves to check on the plants whenever he stops by. he even had a garden in his back yard a while ago. only problem is he always comes over and asks me to smoke him up. lol. but i do, and i pay my rent early every month, help him out with repairs here and there. i could probably be 6 months late on my rent and he would cut me slack, lol.

Sounds kinda cool, but breaking rule #1 is a big no no. How did he find out you grow anyways? Just remember if anything ever happens he now has a bunch of shit on you.

RaptorJesus

Sounds kinda cool, but breaking rule #1 is a big no no. How did he find out you grow anyways? Just remember if anything ever happens he now has a bunch of shit on you.

i agree, and ya sometimes it made me a little nervous... i knew he smoked before i even moved into the place, so i smoked with him a million times, then one day i got stupid and he smelled some nice ripe buds and put 2 and 2 together since he used to grow himself.. oh well the way i see it is he's probably a little nervous about getting his building stolen by the govt since it would be pretty hard to deny that he had no idea this was going on his building. he hangs out here all the time lol

stealthroom

Kharma, I dont know where you live but where I am, eastern Us.. If you have a current rental agreement , if your property is sold, liened, traded or inherited your contract is valid with the new owner. They cannot end your contract any easier than a landlord. Additionaly once you get a notice to leave you can usually go to court and easily get 30 days, on top of that you can sometimes get an additional extension and Judges have been known to give tenants 60-90 days when they have kids and no where to go. That way they have an oprotunity to save up and find other housing.

Good Luck

PharmaCan

Veteran
Kharma, I dont know where you live but where I am, eastern Us.. If you have a current rental agreement , if your property is sold, liened, traded or inherited your contract is valid with the new owner. They cannot end your contract any easier than a landlord. Additionaly once you get a notice to leave you can usually go to court and easily get 30 days, on top of that you can sometimes get an additional extension and Judges have been known to give tenants 60-90 days when they have kids and no where to go. That way they have an oprotunity to save up and find other housing.

Good Luck

Actually, the lease is subordinate to the H.O.s fees and is wiped out by any foreclosure on the H.O. fees or any mortgage that existed at the time the lease was written. The lease would only be superior to a lien that was originated after the lease was executed.

But, KG, you shouldn't move right away. Talk with the H.O. Association and see where they stand re. your continued tenancy. Chances are they might continue renting to you, or at least give you a couple of months to move. It will take them at least a couple of months to legally evict you, particularly if you contest the unlawful detainer (eviction action), so it's a lot better for them to come to an agreement with you than to proceed with an eviction. BTW - you can go after the deadbeat landlord in small claims court for moving costs and deposits.

Good luck!

PC

El Vexilix

Damn , that sucks , I feel for ya . My landlord is my roommate 's parents and I'll freak out everytime I hear solicitors at the door .This guy won't even tell me if their coming by. Can't wait to move out . Hang in there bro .

sunflower1

Landlords suck! I just had to meet my ex landlord in court. I had to move for safety reasons for my kid...long story... My landlord sued me. He basically got $5,000 for absolutely nothing...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Im thinking about pissing off my landlord to the point where he punches me, so that i can sue him for 7,500 per california law.
Or i might just punch him in the face and spend a week in jail, who cares.

my landlord is a rental agency but its a small one (ie. ive talked to the owner about some issues awhile back). the really strange thing is... i had a cheque bounce a few months ago and they were on me, like that!!! had me give them payment immediatley in person. a couple months later i was a couple days late in depositing my cash into my account and i guess it was held for a couple days and in between they tried to cash my rental cheque and it must have bounced cause i never got charged. no phone call. And then two months later, exact same thing.... so two months rent free so far. and now, i made sure to put my money in at least a week in advance, and its the 5th of the month and the money is still sitting in my account. the month before they cashed it on time. really strange.

they do drug inspections (thats what they call em, lol) every 3 months. a couple months back, they forgot to do one or something, or just forgot to do me, and it worked out great cause my grow was running a bit late. and then the one before that they had shown up unannounced and i let them in cause i didnt have a grow going ATM. the funny thing is i think they had suspicions i was growing about a year ago but they couldnt prove anything. made a big deal about doing a second drug inspection a week after they did their first one and then never came around. wackos.

the worst / funniest / most sketchy part of this is awhile back my fuckin fridge full of tons of frozen meat broke while i was on vacation. came back and the place just stunk. i had to stay with my friend cause it was so bad... anyways the maintenace guy, who had just gotten hired like a month ago, got into a yelling match with me over the phone cause he wanted me to clean the nasty ass blood and rotten shit out of the freezer and i was like "fuck that! ill ducttape it shut and you just haul it to the dump!" anyways i never did and i assume he had to take care of it, and i never talked to him again for like 4 more months, when i got a notice saying that he was going to come around and repaint my balcony (its on ground level). anyways, ive got a vent blowing hot hot hot hot air out, its disguised as a portable a/c vent, and ive got heavy curtains up against it to keep out the HPS light from leaking out. so im talking to him on the deck and we basically reconciled and shook hands and we are talking about the weather and hes standing right in front of the vent getting this super hot air from the grow room blowing on him. im freaking out and just praying the carbon filter is doing its job... he was like "so you got a portable air conditioner eh, me too". and that was that, lol. lazy bastard hasn't repainted the deck yet, its been 2 weeks.

j6p

Landlord from Hell

Landlord from Hell

my landlord is a rental agency but its a small one (ie. ive talked to the owner about some issues awhile back). the really strange thing is... i had a cheque bounce a few months ago and they were on me, like that!!! had me give them payment immediatley in person. a couple months later i was a couple days late in depositing my cash into my account and i guess it was held for a couple days and in between they tried to cash my rental cheque and it must have bounced cause i never got charged. no phone call. And then two months later, exact same thing.... so two months rent free so far. and now, i made sure to put my money in at least a week in advance, and its the 5th of the month and the money is still sitting in my account. the month before they cashed it on time. really strange.

they do drug inspections (thats what they call em, lol) every 3 months. a couple months back, they forgot to do one or something, or just forgot to do me, and it worked out great cause my grow was running a bit late. and then the one before that they had shown up unannounced and i let them in cause i didnt have a grow going ATM. the funny thing is i think they had suspicions i was growing about a year ago but they couldnt prove anything. made a big deal about doing a second drug inspection a week after they did their first one and then never came around. wackos.

the worst / funniest / most sketchy part of this is awhile back my fuckin fridge full of tons of frozen meat broke while i was on vacation. came back and the place just stunk. i had to stay with my friend cause it was so bad... anyways the maintenace guy, who had just gotten hired like a month ago, got into a yelling match with me over the phone cause he wanted me to clean the nasty ass blood and rotten shit out of the freezer and i was like "fuck that! ill ducttape it shut and you just haul it to the dump!" anyways i never did and i assume he had to take care of it, and i never talked to him again for like 4 more months, when i got a notice saying that he was going to come around and repaint my balcony (its on ground level). anyways, ive got a vent blowing hot hot hot hot air out, its disguised as a portable a/c vent, and ive got heavy curtains up against it to keep out the HPS light from leaking out. so im talking to him on the deck and we basically reconciled and shook hands and we are talking about the weather and hes standing right in front of the vent getting this super hot air from the grow room blowing on him. im freaking out and just praying the carbon filter is doing its job... he was like "so you got a portable air conditioner eh, me too". and that was that, lol. lazy bastard hasn't repainted the deck yet, its been 2 weeks.

"Good places go bad -- bad places go bankrupt"

lmv931

wow :yoinks:! I have never had that many problems b4 with landlords..... I once was aksed to leave by a landlord cause I had a 2nd dog I didn't tell him about, but I got my whole security deposit back :woohoo:
As for him shutting the water off that is total BS and you could get him in trouble with the law ( something about a slum lord law)

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
most of you sound like scummy renters. I make a fortune off you pathetic lowlifes.

glad u make ur money i make mine too blowing out your spare bedroom sorry about the dog shit and the 55 gal res leak , and nuterients splash on the wall oh well better luck next time

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
So my landlord is outta town or so I think over the last weekend, with the first of the month falling on a Saturday. Landlord car not there, its saturday, fuck it I say!

Ill just pay on Monday, that way no one snatches the checks out of the open basket on her front porch which we are instructed to place our payments. Seems reasonable. We've always paid good money on time before.

24-36 hours later girlfriend gets all whacked out when she gets an email some time on Monday saying... your rent was late, I saw you have a grill on your front porch, and include a $25 late fee when you do pay. hahaha I just laugh, but my younger girlfriend is really intimidated. Thats what gets me, that this lady makes my life double hell by pissing off my girlfriend. You can just go ahead and eat my security deposit bitch, cuase you tried to fuck the wrong cowboy!

Well I tell her Im not paying, I was thinking clearly, and she made no effort to communicate reasonably before rudely and insultingly demanded money from us. A day later, she emails and says oh gee no big deal, its just I need the money or its a financial hardship... Can you believe the nerve of the some wealthy people who don't work.

This lady owns two giant condo buildings, a beautiful custom house across the street and drives a mercedes. Im like, wooooow, must be nice to have those kind of financial hardships you really should just open your eyes and take in the real world for a second, cause then maybe you would be happy and act nice. Im jealous I wish I had problems like that, my world theres real issues mmfraid.

later luv ya peace

wlma10

my fat bastard of a landlord is some nutcase.

first he has stupid ass rules like "dont use the dishwasher, dont park your car on the driveway, dont put your things there, blah blah blah"

Then he complains that we use too much water, so he shuts off the sprinklers, then he complains that i am not watering the lawn enough and that he is gonna charge me for sod!!

today i got an email from him saying that he is gonna start bringing prospective tenants by because the lease is up soon. (3 months awaY!!!!!)

I know for a fact he is gonna get some family member of friend to act as a prospective tenant so that he can search the whole house. what a sneaky rat bastard!

So basically, my grow is getting torn down very soon, luckily my ladies are almost done, but this shit is a major fucking letdown.

I hope my landlord rots in hell for all i care. He acted so nice and polite and once we signed the lease, he turned into some one on a power trip. I have already cussed him out once and sometimes i want to rent DSS houses stab him in the jugular.

end rant.

Hi
Eviction can be enforced if the tenant is found of any wrongdoing as prescribed by the Rent Control Act, such as terrorism and any crime against the nation. Usually, the tenant signs a rent agreement with the landlord to occupy the property for a period of 11 months, with an option for periodic renewal

Latest posts

Latest posts