What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F landlords!

bentom187

Veteran
my complex just got sold and the new owners made me get rid of my two cars granted they wernt reg,or insured but i needed to fix my truck to start my own painting/landscaping buisness cause im injured (4 car accidents (none my fault)and no one will hire me,and i was goin to sell the car to fix the truck,i tried to explain but i was just told i have 24 hours or they're gettin hauled off,the old owners didnt give a shit i dont understand why they are so fuckin anal.
FUCK LANDLORDS i try to be a productive member of society even with injuries i refuse to go on welfare,or collect disability but this is making that fuckin impossable

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
My landlord called me this morning at 8 am. One too many noise complaints, I'm getting evicted.

What? You're not throwing wild-ass parties at a grow spot are you? Or does your asshole landlord not appreciate your electric scitar at 4 AM?
:laughing:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I guess there is an advantage to being older than dirt. My landlord has not been here in 4 years. No one would ever suspect that I am growing. In order to better care for my disabled son, I am going to have to move soon to an area that has better hospitals. I sure don't look forward to finding a new landlord.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
i cant believe that im the only one with a cool landlord.
he doesnt complain atall. about anything...
landlord can i... interupts me with yea yea yea...

home ownership can also have its share of problems. mainly with home insurance, alot of companies like all-room photos...appraisals... etc..
had to tear down my 1/2 built room for photo session. cost me a bundle.

K

K-pax

Man I am moving in 2 weeks from an apartment to a house. My apartment is pretty big 3/2 and I have two dogs which I did not pay deposits for, But after two years of living here not a word about them. My new place is 4/2 house that is cheaper and much nicer but all you guys got me worried now, We are going through a property management place but now I am all scared because of these shity stories..

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Man I am moving in 2 weeks from an apartment to a house. My apartment is pretty big 3/2 and I have two dogs which I did not pay deposits for, But after two years of living here not a word about them. My new place is 4/2 house that is cheaper and much nicer but all you guys got me worried now, We are going through a property management place but now I am all scared because of these shity stories..

Yeah, I've got a nearly perfect rental spot, except my landlord lives just one town over and my property manager does a biannual inspection! Worth it though, I try to grow as much as humanly possible in between inspections and try to save to buy a place. Watch out for inspections!

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Landlords can do whatever is in the lease you sign.

24 hours notification is not needed.

Change your locks, if you rent.
in the state i reside in a landlord must give in writing his intent to inspect property min 24hr in advance !!. if mine shows up un anounced he dosent get entery to property i tell him come back tomarrow plain simple. i've done it before i'll do it again if need be, if my landlord unlocks door opens and gains entery un anounced he'll be carried out on a stretcher. allways some1 home here allways but my current home owner lives in another state. i pay rent on time he has n/p i've never met my home owner met his friend whom showed home for rent. :joint:

one thing that helps to keep home owners nice and to stay away
pay rent on or before due time
be a general handyman mister fix it
keep property nice neat and clean
be friendly with neghbors ya never know if thier friends with home owner

no loud partys
no domestic fighting

BRNEYDBVR

I just moved into a rental house a month ago...

My landlord lives on the other side of town, and owns 20+ rental properties.

When I went to her house to pay the rent.....She had no idea who I was!!! LOL!!!

She looked at me all funny when she answered the door... I said..." I brought you the rent"...
All surprised, she says..."Oh! OK!.....What was your name again?"......lol......She didn't have a clue.

So far, so good....

No inspections to worry about, and as long as the rent gets paid, she leaves me alone.

antimatter

Veteran
Landlords are scum of the earth, every single one of them should be buried alive in there septic tanks, I don't wanna see another piece of fucking paper stating some obscene untruthful thing just to piss me the fuck off :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

idoja

i will never rent a house again. i have had landlords from the pit of hell who had no morals whatsoever. every word that they shat from there mouth was a fucking lie.

Hey bigghead, that seems a bit uncalled for to me. Heres hoping that the karmic boomerang finds you needing one of us "pathetic lowlifes" and "scummy renters" one of these days.

Asshat.

j6p

The best landlord is an absentee landlord, hopefully living on the other side of the country. Before renting a house, it might be a good idea to search for any liens or easements on the property, as a precaution.

NOKUY

Veteran
guess im lucky ive never had a bad landlord...and ive had quite a few.

all my mountain colorado landlords didnt care about what u did as long as rent was paid...never was an issue. (never ever had 1 ask to come in)....all colorado mtn peeps respect privacy.

my 1 denver landlord was somewhat a slumlord...he was a greek guy who owned about 20 or 30 victorian houses in downtown denver...me and 5 friends moved in as 5 of our friends moved out w/out even speaking to the landlord...he came by one day asked who we were and we signed a quik lease...then turned the basement into a giant grow....we all left as quik as we came, and turned it over the same way.

my alaska landlords were all bikers...never signed a lease, and might have got kiked in the teeth if we werent into drinkin and growing.

i rent a big house from my parents now, they actually baught the house w/ cash so i could rent it, and i rent it for about 1/3 what it should rent for....i pay 600...it should be no less that 1800....(brand new house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath)...not my ideal its in a neighborhood, and since my parents own it i gotta keep the grow xtra secret cuz i dont have a lease, and they could come by anytime.

A

alpinestar

get back

get back

my fat bastard of a landlord is some nutcase.

first he has stupid ass rules like "dont use the dishwasher, dont park your car on the driveway, dont put your things there, blah blah blah"

Then he complains that we use too much water, so he shuts off the sprinklers, then he complains that i am not watering the lawn enough and that he is gonna charge me for sod!!

today i got an email from him saying that he is gonna start bringing prospective tenants by because the lease is up soon. (3 months awaY!!!!!)

I know for a fact he is gonna get some family member of friend to act as a prospective tenant so that he can search the whole house. what a sneaky rat bastard!

So basically, my grow is getting torn down very soon, luckily my ladies are almost done, but this shit is a major fucking letdown.

I hope my landlord rots in hell for all i care. He acted so nice and polite and once we signed the lease, he turned into some one on a power trip. I have already cussed him out once and sometimes i want to stab him in the jugular.

end rant.

warn the prospective tenants about what your landlord is like
who knows, if they arent there to snoop for him, at least you can fuck with his being able to rent the place out

soxx16

my landlord noticed a funk coming out of my room one day when my roommates and i were all gone for christmas break (in college). he poked his head around and found my grow box. he just said to get the smell under control in case city inspectors come by and want to check things out. he's not a bad guy at all. kinda fucking awesome actually.

TwoOhSix!

What? You're not throwing wild-ass parties at a grow spot are you? Or does your asshole landlord not appreciate your electric scitar at 4 AM?

I got home at like 3 am last night - pretty buzzed - I listened to a few songs on my stereo, didn't think it was very loud, and then watched an episode of the Wire. Wtf...

Btw I don't have an MJ op going at the moment. Funny story though, my friend burnt a bunch of cookies in my oven a few wks ago and one of my anal neighbors called the Fire Dept.

They announced that they had to come inside my apt and make sure there was no fire (can someone verify if this is true? do you have to let Firemen inside?) anyways I let them in, of course two piggies follow suit.

Now I have two Popos and 5 firemen in my place, me telling them there is no fire, and them acting like the oven is about to explode. I think I had a few ounces of some bud hidden halfassed in a kitchen drawer with a scale, but all they found were big gallon ziplocks with like .2g of shake in them. They didn't ask why I had such big bags, LOL.

Then the coup de gras. The younger piggy picks up a mason jar filled with birdseed (just innoculated with b+ psilocybe cubensis spores a few days prior) and looks and it with a quizzical look.

"That's a science project man"
"Ok, just wondering what you were doing with a bunch of jars full of birdseed"
hahahaha

Then the old pig lectures me about using the oven while stoned. He said he could have charged me with a felony for cooking under the influence.