What's new

EZ-Cloner review

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats odd. i usually take cuts, dip in clonex gel, use room temp water to start, a lil clonex solution for aero cloners and turn it on. i come back in a week and always have roots. 100% now with over 60 done.

If you are referring to the slime problem as odd it basically boils down to your city water...You either have it in it in your area or you don't (thats what the icmaggers say anyways).

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i meant no roots. i think that is really odd. as for the slime.. i am on well water and havent seen it yet.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
i hope you guys arent wasting time dipping clones in rooting complex anymore. Just put the clones in and dose the rez with some gel/powder ect. Just dillute the gels in small amount of warm water, and then add. You dont have to be precise but dont overdo it. It works just the same trust me.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hope you guys arent wasting time dipping clones in rooting complex anymore.

DON'T just DIP, SOAK! I dip mine and let them soak that good stuff in as long as possible before they go in the rooter. Usually 30min to 1 hour (as long as the cloning process takes for about 45-60 clones). Other than that definitely might as well put it in the res cuz it it isn't doing jack in my opinion just dipping and putting it in the cloner to be washed off.

Z

Zoolander

I use a EZcloner 30 site with RO water and don't even ph it and get about 100% everytime .

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a EZcloner 30 site with RO water and don't even ph it and get about 100% everytime .

Yea, that seems pretty much the consensus. Thing works great only problems you should encounter as a result of the EZ-cloner itself is the pump failing from everything I have read and experienced. Slime etc has nothing to do with cloner.

TooChill

Yes 40, thanks for the post and expedient replies. I'm 3 days into clone and so far so good with the introduction of EWC. How do you store your EWC 40? I just kept mine in the bucket while still being aerated and heated at temp of about 85. Is this fine? If so, for how long can I keep the EWC this way? I figure not indefinitely but who knows...I don't. Do you? TIA.

TooChill

OH, and also. I made a thread but so far no replies on another issue concerning EWC. I poured a couple of cups in both my veg and flower res and now I'm experiencing pH drops which is the exact opposite of what I'm accustomed to. Any experience in observing this? Insight?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes 40, thanks for the post and expedient replies. I'm 3 days into clone and so far so good with the introduction of EWC. How do you store your EWC 40? I just kept mine in the bucket while still being aerated and heated at temp of about 85. Is this fine? If so, for how long can I keep the EWC this way? I figure not indefinitely but who knows...I don't. Do you? TIA.

EWC should be made and used immediately. I like to brew mine for 24-36 hours never more. Never let it sit without being aerated and don't brew longer than 48 hours.

TooChill

Guess I'll throw it out back then cause it's been brewing for three days now. If you add a cup to your cloner and then another cup in 3-4 days how do you store it? Or do you just brew another batch in 3-4 days?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess I'll throw it out back then cause it's been brewing for three days now. If you add a cup to your cloner and then another cup in 3-4 days how do you store it? Or do you just brew another batch in 3-4 days?

I always brew fresh. I have heard you can store it in the fridge and I actually did this once, but in this game I don't like to take chances.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
DON'T just DIP, SOAK! I dip mine and let them soak that good stuff in as long as possible before they go in the rooter. Usually 30min to 1 hour (as long as the cloning process takes for about 45-60 clones). Other than that definitely might as well put it in the res cuz it it isn't doing jack in my opinion just dipping and putting it in the cloner to be washed off.

If you dose the rez, the clones get sprayed with the solution, therfore absorbing (soaking up) the rooting compound. Same thing as soaking them in root complex, just less time consuming...
This does work just as good, i wouldnt just make shit up.

tokinsmokin

Thanks for the information, I'm going to give this a try. Makes a lot of sense to do this.

I have another round of clones going in starting tonight I will let you guys know how it goes and will be using EWC tea again. It is really cold right now though so results may not be as quick we will just have to wait and see.

Got roots even faster this time. 5 days and some could be planted. Will post pics

The first post was posted on 1/7 and the next post was 9 days later on 1/16. How do you figure thats 5 days?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the information, I'm going to give this a try. Makes a lot of sense to do this.

The first post was posted on 1/7 and the next post was 9 days later on 1/16. How do you figure thats 5 days?

Easy answer...when you mix and transplant solo 45 3 gal pots you don't post shit a lot of times exactly on the day it happened lol. Definitely had roots at 5 days just posted the info later. (No I am not offended, seen quite a few think the same thing in other threads and it is logical to question)

D

dunkybones

Damn, I hate my EZ Cloner. I keep giving it a second chance, and always get poor results. It's been running now for two weeks, and maybe thirty percent have little pathetic roots and all of them have gnarly yellow tops. I'm running straight water, as per manufacturer's suggestions, and the temp has been a steady 68. You dump diluted worm poop in yours and your roots look like fireworks in 5 days. What gives?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, I hate my EZ Cloner. I keep giving it a second chance, and always get poor results. It's been running now for two weeks, and maybe thirty percent have little pathetic roots and all of them have gnarly yellow tops. I'm running straight water, as per manufacturer's suggestions, and the temp has been a steady 68. You dump diluted worm poop in yours and your roots look like fireworks in 5 days. What gives?

Your problem is your temperature. You need to raise it to 76-78....pref 76. Unfortunately to do this you need res cooling device and the one I had bought was rather expensive...

I would try the worm castings and see if it works for you but I will tell you your main problem is temp. They root much slower at lower temps. I found this out by using a water cooler at that temp and it to 3-4 weeks for roots...

GL

D

dunkybones

I can raise the temps no problem, but I didn't have any better luck with the little black box in the summertime when the temps were in the mid to high 70's. I've tried a bunch of different nuances - Clonex, no Clonex - letting them sit in the gel, drop the cuttings in while it's running - tap water, ro water. If it weren't for rapid rooters, I'd be up the creek. Of course I never tried ewc tea. If I try this and my clones still punk out and I get an EZ Cloner full of primordial soup, I'm gonna hunt you down and then you'll only be 20ampstofreedom.

Just kidding of course, it's another trick to try, so why not? My mothers grow more than I need.

D

dunkybones

40amps --

Backtracking a bit here, do you do anything special to your mother plant before hacking her up for clones?

Latest posts

Latest posts