What's new

Experiences and Recommendations

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
i tried checking out what the local commie growers and vendors were rating this time, it was LA Con so, not being able to get a cut from those slack mofos, got some seeds.
Otherwise the Glos Powerplant from 6,7,8years ago was DP.
I did AK and PoG side by side in houses for years and PoG always won in yield, and was a more robust plant, K2 cut is still about in Bristol ten years on, proof that it works. I bought some WRussian last year looking for the next yieldy wonder...they all autoflowered.yo

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
White Russian is a beast once you find the right pheno but I've heard a lot of bad things about their recent batches and haven't seen any grown online for a while.

edit>> Amnesia Haze if you can find the right one would be worth a shot, there seems to be a bit of that about and it can be taken @ 9 weeks from what I've seen. Also commands top dollar, not sure what the smell is like when growing it though.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your best option is going to be what other older locals have already discovered , many different local cuts but they all share the basic traits of maximum throughput and reliability over quality.

To make the same profit with a longer flowering posh plant you need to achieve twice the price , few market sectors will allow that and the ones that will are defended.

If you take out personal use and discounts for mates and assorted hangers on you need every gramme possible to justify the risk.

Whatever you select , grown with a little care and properly dried it will fetch whatever the local limit is regardless of true name , a notorious local sells the same bud as Northern Lights , widow or russian depending on how early it was cut.

He has no complaints and its actually a sensi skunk from way back and the only plant he has grown sice 95 , in a cold winter it becomes Blueberry with a drop of fruit essence , he sold the stringy lower buds as purple haze one year at a premium price , even made up ludicrous strain names and generally took the piss.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small midlands town , all that is available if not in the loop is twenty pound deals currently sold as widow from the only two sources , both are reselling the same skunk product and work together.

Thats about 250 an ounce with no discounts available, it is good bud and properly dried and over nominal weight , but a lot more than i would be willing to pay for what is very mundane compared to what i see on here.
People travel a considerable distance to buy so its probably better than average.

The recession is now really hitting hard locally , less demand may reduce prices short term , been 200+ for several years now.

Sugar trim is worth 60+ an ounce in itself , not worth sieving with this extra profit at around 30% of bud weight.

G

Guest1298

yeah your right nobody selling oz up here these days tenner a gram for wet shit these days...oh aye & its always cheese a guy said to me cheese is good but not as good as skunk haha pmsl...

G

Guest1298

i gave a m8 white russian & the next week i gave him same weed
but called it ice lol to this day he reckons ice was the best green to date...pmsl

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
its 180 an oz inbulk up here now for good stuff but people are selling there crap for as low as 150 oz now and dealers will buy the cheap to make more profit so its not really that good selling top stuff at all when you gotta compete with the guys putting the crap out at 150 an oz i only know a few people that pick the best stuff as it sells very very fast

Catch 22 situation

Peace

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That local skunk would cost you a grand , a T44 producer and the fast PP clone 500 each , they are rarely sold but more often gifted if your face fits.

Few hobby growers would want them anyway , which makes them harder to find than a decent Blueberry.

If its growing for profit the extra 20% throughput is worth tracking down and paying for , plenty of people offering knock offs as the real item so take your time before parting with money.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
id definitely second white russian if the stock is similar to what it was a couple of years ago,, its really hardy and easy to grow,, potent and a great reliable producer,, clones really well as well,, and sheeple love it,,

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So glad I just found this thread. Hey Mad_Matt..

Check NuggetShiner seeds at seedbay in the private breeders section.

He has Golden Cindy, which is your POG/Golden Skush x C99. It kept the yields up but gives ya lots of 8-9wk plants that are great for cash cropping. I liked them so much, I out crossed one to a Blueberry to see if I couldn't keep all good about it and add a touch more. Those are growing out now.

But fwiw, Nuggetshiner has a lot of great offerings that are affordable, dank, and keep towards the high yield side of things...check his gear out.

dank.Frank

Mad Matt

Thank you so much for all the great advice guy's, i just love logging on here every day....

Just to clarify, i would never take cuttings from anyone, i like to grow from seed for many reasons. Yesterday i started 10 Critical Mass seeds from MNS and 10 AK47 seeds from Serious Seeds. From them im hoping to find at least one outstanding mother which will then be kept for as many years as possible to supply any grows im involved in....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<edited for terms of use violation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I shall document my current grow, we are just preparing the property as we speak, its an arch and when i get home i will post pics of the work so far.... As my seeds/new mother wont be ready im using a friends CM this time around but he warns me it isn't the best yielder.....

I shall be growing in Flowgrows under Gavitas approx 150 plants, the arch is 8 meters by 25 meters...........

Last edited by a moderator:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking forward to the updates matt! I should've added Heath Robinson V3 is a large yielder of upper tier commercial buds. Seeds are a bit of a pita to get hold of though. I agree with going from seed matt, I've seen a shedload of good yielding nice pot from seeds over the last few years. Good luck with the current ones.

foomar thanks for the insight, and some good posts :)

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He has Golden Cindy, which is your POG/Golden Skush x C99.

Hi frank , have my first pack comeing up now , looks to be a good chance of a very hgh yielding keeper in this one.

picture.php

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Keep us posted on those foomar, I followed nuggetshiner's grows before he started seeds and his garden was superb, he had the 'old school' pog/golden skush.... Remember the fiasco with the golden skush when it first dropped lol... that's another thread entirley though :D

From what I've seen of nuggestshiner's strains they look solid, I'll have to try that strain I like C99

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We pooled our money and ran five pack of POG and a lot more of the Golden Skush freebies from seedsdirect way back , the GSK were slghtly better on average but not much in it , would not notice on a smaller sample , several possible keepers and the odd freak.

If these are good i can get the local POG clone back and use a male from Wally,s C99 line for another take on the same cross , POG x MBS could have some expressions combineing the best of both worlds.

Mad Matt

I don't understand why i can't reply to visitor messages on my profile page, maybe i need 50 posts or more???

I do apologise for the rule violations regarding price discussion, wont happen again...

I have numerous photo's on my phone and will post them when i get home late next week...

Thanks guy's...

machine77

Im looking for the perfect cash crop plant and although ive been doing this now for going on 15 years my experiences with different strains is limited......

White Widow was the first plant i grew but swapped that for the original Cheese however after a few years and a few close saves with the law we went with Pot Of Gold and wow... POG was by far the best plant ive ever grew, easy to grow, very big yielder and simple to crop, perfect for a commercial grower...

Anyway after a short stint in jail i lost my POG and years later its just not the same plant, i believe its been messed about with and after going through about 6 packets of seeds ive come to the conclusion that its lost forever.......

Im a hydro grower and need your help guy's, i have Critical Mass on the go now but would love to hear your experiences and views to help me pick a new strain....

Thank you so much for your time....
you're right about the pog my mate was one of the last persons i've known with the original strain and due to lack of seeds crossed it with lowryder 2 i've got the last plant of that upstairs now and wow what a smoke have you tried grape god very good yeild and equally good smoke don't sell the stuff myself but no probs getting 3 oz per plant under a 400w light

Latest posts

Latest posts