What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experience with psoriasis?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much for the valuable information. !!!

Would prefer to simplify it and just extract using coconut oil if possible. Also I don't want to have to use solvents which are usually flammable and can have contaminants remain in residue if proper types aren't used.

Do you recommend soaking in epsom salt baths?

I am using VTama skin cream and it is a new prescription cream that came out early last year. It works great, and I was healed except had some side effects of infected hair follicles. Because of the infected folicles/rash I used the cream 2 days on and 2 dadys off until another flare up late summer. Now the Vtama is effective in some ways but it not slowing the spread.

I am just trying to prepare to make the best use of my meds I have. How often do you apply the coconut oil?

Also have a CBD alcohol based tincture and CBD salve I could combine with the coconut oil THC cannabis infusion.

I have hope now. The doctors are no help because they are FDA agents and can not recommend or give advice on natural treatments. They always just say, you could try that but its not going to work as well as the prescription medications. May or may not be true, but the prescription meds have some serious side effects and they don't treat the root cause of the disease.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enerhealth botanicals has is mushroom infused coffee. How do you make mushroom tea? Maybe I could use this powder, brew it in water like coffee by steeping on a skillet, then drink it all and it would be more effective.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
my apologies if this has already been mentioned

i confess to being a lazy bass turd for not going back and reading 6 pages….

Ivermectin and psoriasis………..

Abstract​

Ivermectin is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic drug with anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-tumor effects. In this review, we discuss the history, pharmacology, multimodal actions, indications in dermatology and tropical medicine, therapeutic and prophylactic use of ivermectin in COVID-19, safety, adverse effects, special considerations, and drug interactions of ivermectin.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, yeah big plants can have more issues. Small plants are easier to get a good outcome, they don't fall over as easy too.

Yeah, sounds good, I have that Fern brand soy lechithin available at the local grocery. Was thinking I may want to take the extra step to make kief/ bubblehash first, then put into the coconut oil.

A friend on the "Experience with Psoriasis" thread was saying its easier to have a consistant dose when using hash rather than steeping flower in coconut oil and straining the plant material.

Also concentrates it better because steeping flower in coconut oil you can only do at about a 1:1 ratio. So the hash allows you to easily make it more concentrated. Takes a bit more time but would be worth the extra step. Thats how a lot of people do it.

Not wanting to make a solvent based RSO, would rather make hash. Do you recommend making kief or would bubble hash work fine for your method?

How do you fill the empty capsules without making a mess? How do you measure it? Dropper I guess?

Also what the approximate dosage using kief/hash ratio to oil/lechithin you are using? How many mg/ml?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without solvent, I can make a pretty concentrated infused coconut oil/lechethin mixture using this method using hash/kief, then can add that to coconut oil to dilute and use for topical.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my apologies if this has already been mentioned

i confess to being a lazy bass turd for not going back and reading 6 pages….

Ivermectin and psoriasis………..

Abstract​

Ivermectin is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic drug with anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-tumor effects. In this review, we discuss the history, pharmacology, multimodal actions, indications in dermatology and tropical medicine, therapeutic and prophylactic use of ivermectin in COVID-19, safety, adverse effects, special considerations, and drug interactions of ivermectin.

Yeah quercetin would be an effective help then since its similar in mode of action to ivermectin where it helps the cells use zinc.

Thanks for sharing!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can take quercetin 3 times a day. They said normally 2 unless recommended by a dr. But other supplements have up to 3 times per day.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Look regarding how often to dose...I find with topical infections and autoimmune type things, which this is, I find that when dosing natural effective preparations, best to have it working on the problem constantly and not to give the microbes a gap where you not giving them a hard time, ie. as often as possible 3 times a day or more...dosing the reishi has accumulative effect on the immune system I felt, and observed especially with that ex that had severe allergies, once she'd been dosing for a few months, it sort of righted her immune system to the point where she had to stop the mushrooms for a few weeks for her allergies to start returning...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got all the supplies. About to make some. Thinking I want to use the extract as a sublingual then swollow to et more activity. Or will this end up being too much? Will be starting out with a low dose (0.25 ml) at the most so will put under tongue for a couple minutes and breath in the vapors before swollowing.

The tincture of hemp extract I have is based no coconut oil, so it should work great as a sublingual.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got some reishi extract as well as a fermented reishi suppliment. Will be making the coconut oil infusion with medical cannabis and will see if it will work as a sublingual and breathe in vapors before swollowing. This will allow more of it to enter the blood stream and also the cannabinoids will therapy the digestive system. The same concentrate can be diluted with more coconut oil to reach about 125 mg/ 0.5 oz infused coconut oil. I can then mix or apply after the cbd salve for a 1:1 ratio topical. The CBD salve has essential oils like lavender.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Southern California the Caterpillars are relentless, and I have to stay on top of my game every week as missing even one treatment means damage and some dead and sun-dried buds will show before harvest.

I start spraying at the first hint of flower (mid Aug) and spray weekly right up to week of harvest.
View attachment 18884480

Every dead spot is a caterpillar chewed through stem and the dead; dried bud will usually tug free with low effort. Digging in the wound you can usually find the little bastard at work on the next bud in line.

View attachment 18884483

Hashmaster 5000. 160 or 220 micron mesh and 10 pounds of dry ice will burn through 5 gallons of buds in a couple of hours.

View attachment 18884486
This is what I want to do. Trying to do it by hand this evening with a #8 can and a screen from a worn out bubblehash work bag.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18884671

A couple of handfuls of Buds and about 2 cups of golf ball sized chunks of dry ice. 60 second shake at low / medium speed

View attachment 18887898

Broken stub of a blade joined to an angle bracket. Others have simply heated and bent a heavy duty saw blade. Use a plastic 1 gallon paint can as the metal ones tore the base out in just a few minutes.

h-ttps://forum.grasscity.com/threads/hash-master-5000-dry-ice-method-hash-oil-capsules-everclear-tincture-rso.1338323/
Getting it done, almost ready to make the coconut oil/ capsules. Also would like to try to make the concentrate into a tincture as well as topical!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/cannabis-tinctures-101-what-are-they-how-to-make-them-and-how-to

Cannabis 101

Cannabis tinctures 101: How to make, consume, and dose them​

Amelia WilliamsPublished on June 9, 2022 · Last updated January 19, 2024

In the landscape of cannabis innovations, including rosin vape pens, transdermal topicals, and nanotechnology beverages, tried-and-true classic products can get overlooked.

One of the first innovations in plant medicine, with documentation as far back as 1025 in The Al-Qanoon fi al Tibb, aka, The Canon of Medicine, was the tincture. In the millennium since, there have been innumerable innovations, but we’re here to say that good weed and a good product never go out of style.

What is a cannabis tincture?​

A tincture in the most basic sense is a cannabis extract, in which a liquid is infused with cannabis, meant for sublingual consumption, not vaporization or smoking. The cannabis plant soaks in a base liquid, such as food-grade alcohol, glycerin, or even oil, and after days of steeping, the plant matter is strained out and—voilà! The cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds have melded with the base liquid, ready to dose and consume.

Technically, the term “tincture” specifically refers to an alcohol-based product and one made with oil or glycerin is an “infusion,” but we’re using it as an umbrella term here.

In the adult-use market, tinctures typically come in 1 fl oz (30mL) glass bottles with droppers to administer low and consistent doses. Because they are not considered a food item, they can exceed the 100 mg THC cap on edibles in many markets.

Tinctures may not seem as fun or innovative as a gummy or a dab, but they have a multitude of health benefits while still offering a comfortable, intoxicating experience.

Shop tinctures

Tincture vs. edibles​

While both tinctures and edibles require ingestion to work, they enter the bloodstream via different bodily systems and will have distinct effects.

Edibles require digestion and are processed in the stomach and liver, and enzymes in the liver enhance the effects of ingested THC. Tinctures do not pass through the liver and are absorbed under the tongue, so while the high will be more immediate, it won’t be as strong.

Shop highly rated dispensaries near you​

Showing you dispensaries near
See all dispensaries
There are no dispensaries in your area yet.
Check out our dispensaries map to find the nearest dispensary outside of your area.

How does a tincture compare to CBD oil?​

CBD oils sold in wellness stores and online bear a strong resemblance to tinctures, but the two differ significantly in some areas.

Namely, a CBD oil not sold in a licensed adult-use or medical marijuana dispensary is typically produced by isolating and extracting CBD from hemp using a solvent, like butane or CO2, and then binding the extract to a carrier oil.

Tinctures are whole plant extracts and even when extracted from compliant hemp plants, they may contain trace amounts of THC.

Additionally, because tinctures are often alcohol-based, they cannot be used as a topical or skin-conditioning product the way CBD oil can. Both, however, can be taken orally to yield CBD’s therapeutic benefits.

Related
9 excellent AAPI buds, vapes, and edibles of 2022

Benefits of using cannabis tinctures​

While they may not seem as edgy as other consumption methods, tinctures have endured in apothecaries and dispensaries for centuries because they are considered one of the healthiest ways to consume cannabis.

No food allergens or sensitive ingredients​

Some brands flavor or enhance tinctures, but you only need the cannabis plant and the base to which it is bound. This means sugar, gluten, gelatin, food coloring, and any other ingredients that may aggravate intolerances or allergies can be avoided.

Discretion​

Tinctures at a glance resemble a skincare product or wellness supplement. If sealed, they don’t stink like buds, and they don’t produce smoke or vapor that as with inhalation methods.

Flexible dosing​

Tinctures are not beholden to the 100mg edible cap in many markets, so one bottle will last you a lot longer than a tin of gummies or a brownie. You can also control your dose, down to the drop.

Fast-acting​

If taken sublingually, tinctures’ effects have a speedier onset than eating an edible, since they absorb through the tissue in the mouth (though it will take a little longer than smoking). This also means tinctures last longer than smoking a joint, but may metabolize faster than an edible made with fats, like baked goods.

Full spectrum​

Since tinctures involve soaking the entire cannabis plant, consumers get a myriad of benefits from all the compounds in the plant beyond just THC and/or CBD.

THC tincture dosage guide​

This is based on a 300 mg THC, 1 fl oz (30 mL) tincture.

Dosage in mlApproximate dose in mgEffects
0.10 ml3 mgMicrodose for very low intoxication
0.25 ml7.5 mgLight dose with low intoxication for beginners and sensitive consumers
0.50 ml15 mgStandard dose with slight intoxication
1 ml30 mgHigher than average dose for experienced consumers
2 ml60 mgPotent dose for experienced consumers or patients with serious ailments
Learn more about cannabis science.

How to use or take cannabis tinctures​

(Elizabeth/AdobeStock)
Cannabis companies operating in legal markets are required by law to include accurate dosing information for ingestible products. If you pick up a tincture from your local dispensary, it will have dosing information on the packaging. Most health and CBD stores also provide this, but THC-free tinctures don’t always go through the same degree of testing.

Your ideal dose will depend on your tolerance, as well as the goal of taking the tincture. If the tincture has been formulated for helping with sleep, you may want a single high dose to ensure sedation. If you intend to use the tincture for general daytime wellness, you may find that multiple microdoses throughout the day may achieve a more uplifting experience.

Rule of thumb, as with anything weed-related, start low and go slow. In a 1 fl oz bottle, one full dropper equates to 1 mL, so we advise starting with a quarter dropper or less if you have a low tolerance or do not regularly consume high amounts of cannabis. You can go for half a dropper if you feel more confident.

For maximum efficacy, use the dropper to deposit the tincture under the tongue, and let it sit for 30 seconds before swallowing.

The mouth has absorbent tissue called oral mucosa, essentially a mucous membrane that lines the inside of cheeks, lips, and under the tongue that helps fight disease and keeps our mouths healthy. It also absorbs tinctures and administers cannabinoids into the bloodstream directly, without going through the stomach or liver.

Related
Guide: Best recipes for weed tea

How long does it take for a cannabis tincture to kick in?​

Tinctures typically take effect within 15-30 minutes if left to sit under the tongue for 30-45 seconds. Swallowing a tincture directly can compromise its efficacy as your body won’t absorb it the way it will an edible or food item. Tinctures mixed with food will take longer to take effect, but may yield a more potent high.

Can you cook with tinctures?​

Cooking with tinctures depends primarily on the formulation and how you plan to incorporate it into cooking. Since most tinctures contain THC, CBD and/or other cannabinoids that have been decarboxylated, exposing the tincture to high heat via an oven, stove, or boiling water may burn them away, rendering the final food useless from a medicinal standpoint.

However, you can easily add a tincture to the finished dish by incorporating it in a sauce or dressing. They also make good additions to top up cannabis weed tea recipes.

How to make cannabis tinctures​

Tinctures are one of the easiest cannabis products to make at home. They require almost little equipment and you don’t need a high level of plant science, but they do need patience.

The ratio of base to flower will determine how concentrated the tincture is. A tincture made from an ounce of cannabis, for example, should be steeped in about 25 fl oz of base liquid for mild doses once in a 1 fl oz bottle. For a more potent tincture, use less of the base liquid or more weed.

Ingredients​

• Eighth to a half ounce (3.5 – 14 grams) cannabis flower
  • 3 – 12 fl oz. food-grade ethanol, glycerin or a carrier oil, such as coconut oil

Equipment​

• Glass mason jars
  • Coffee filters or a cheesecloth
  • A 1 fl oz glass bottle and dropper cap

Directions​

Step 1​

Decarboxylate your cannabis. Because no heat is involved in the tincture-making process, you’ll need to activate your buds if you want an intoxicating effect from THC. You’ll need a baking tray, parchment paper, and flower.

To decarboxylate:

Your cannabis should be ground and/or broken down for maximum surface area. Set your oven to between 220-240ºF (going too high will burn away cannabinoids) and lay the cannabis flower on the parchment paper on the tray. Let bake for 30 minutes to no more than an hour—any longer will cook all the good stuff away.

You can leave the plant raw if you prefer to harness the non-intoxicating benefits of THCA and CBDA, the acidic forms of THC and CBD. You may see better results if you grind the bud beforehand.

Related
What is decarboxylation, and why does your cannabis need it?

Step 2​

Pour your base and cannabis into a mason jar at your desired ratio; an eighth of cannabis to 3 fl oz solvent yields a fairly mellow and buildable dose. Cut the base amount or increase flower amount by ⅓ for a more potent effect; there needs to be enough of your base for the cannabis to be totally submerged. Stir the contents well.

Step 3​

Store your tincture mixture in a cool dry place for at least four weeks, shaking and/or stirring once a day. This agitation helps the base liquid better soak into the flower.

Step 4​

Over time, the plant’s cannabinoids and terpenes will dissolve (alcohol) or infuse (glycerin) with the base. A longer steep time will yield a more potent tincture.

Strain the mixture through a coffee filter or cheesecloth to remove all plant matter. What you’ll be left with is a dark liquid full of weedy goodness, ready to dose.

Related
Pot Brownie Bracketology: The Search for the Best Cannabis Brownie Recipe Ever

Freeze method​

Maybe you don’t have weeks to spare to wait for a tincture to infuse, or you don’t like waiting. Here is an alternative recipe that you can do in a day.

Like in ice water hashmaking, freezing the bud before infusion, but after decarboxylation, helps dislodge the cannabinoid-rich trichomes from the plant. This recipe requires the use of alcohol as your tincture’s base.

Step 1​

Decarb your cannabis (see above).

Step 2​

Freeze the alcohol and cannabis in separate mason jars overnight. This makes the trichomes more brittle and will help the tincture taste less like plant matter.

Step 3​

Mix the alcohol and bud in one mason jar. Seal and shake it for one minute.

Step 4​

Place the mason jar mixture back in the freezer for five minutes to ensure contents stay cold and frozen.

Step 5​

Repeat the shaking of step 3 and step 4 two more times.

Step 6​

Strain the mixture through a filter of your choice to separate plant matter.

Step 7​

Bottle your tincture and enjoy!

Alcohol, glycerin, oil: Which is the best base?​

Historically, tinctures have been made using an alcohol base. Alcohol cuts through the lipids and plant matter in the cannabis plant so the terpenes and cannabinoids dissolve into it.

Alcohol also helps the tincture enter the bloodstream more efficiently compared to glycerin or another oil.

Keep in mind that when we say alcohol, we don’t mean cocktails or the kind of alcohol you use to clean your bongs. One of the most popular options by far is Everclear, a grain alcohol with proofs as high as 190.

Glycerin-based tinctures will be less potent because glycerin—a sugar alcohol often derived from plant oils, like coconut or soybean—doesn’t bind to cannabinoids as well as an ethanol alcohol. Don’t worry, you’ll still reap many of the tincture’s benefits. Glycerin has a sweeter taste than alcohol and won’t irritate your mouth if you have any oral sensitivities.

Oil-based tinctures are ideal if you want a low, manageable dose, but they bind the least efficiently to cannabis compounds. The upside is that if the tincture isn’t to your liking, you can still use it as a skincare and topical product.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
My father in law has psoriasis, anyone that doesn't know it basically involves painful shedding of skin and rashes. He has some experience with cannabis in the past, and enjoyed/enjoys it to a degree, but he Is looking for something that will help with his skin.
I know more info would be helpfull here, I'll try to get it soon, but long story short, he had some sort of cannabis drops he had been given to take orally for fun, and tried running it on the skin that was giving him trouble. He said it helped a lot in reducing itchiness and irritation, and wants to try some other products in the same manner, but He would like to find something that won't get him high.
I assume a cbd oil of some kind is what he wants, just figured I'd check if anyone here has experience at relieving psoriasis with any kind of a cream or salve or tincture or anything? We are in California by the way. Thanks in advance.
Canna salve snd it is easy
IMG_3526.png
IMG_3525.png
IMG_3525.png
to make

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis​

Jonathan D Wilkinson 1 , Elizabeth M Williamson

Affiliations

Abstract​

Background: Cannabinoids from cannabis (Cannabis sativa) are anti-inflammatory and have inhibitory effects on the proliferation of a number of tumorigenic cell lines, some of which are mediated via cannabinoid receptors. Cannabinoid (CB) receptors are present in human skin and anandamide, an endogenous CB receptor ligand, inhibits epidermal keratinocyte differentiation. Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease also characterised in part by epidermal keratinocyte hyper-proliferation.

Objective: We investigated the plant cannabinoids Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol, cannabinol and cannabigerol for their ability to inhibit the proliferation of a hyper-proliferating human keratinocyte cell line and for any involvement of cannabinoid receptors.

Methods: A keratinocyte proliferation assay was used to assess the effect of treatment with cannabinoids. Cell integrity and metabolic competence confirmed using lactate-dehydrogenase and adenosine tri-phosphate assays. To determine the involvement of the receptors, specific agonist and antagonist were used in conjunction with some phytocannabinoids. Western blot and RT-PCR analysis confirmed presence of CB1 and CB2 receptors.

Results: The cannabinoids tested all inhibited keratinocyte proliferation in a concentration-dependent manner. The selective CB2 receptor agonists JWH015 and BML190 elicited only partial inhibition, the non-selective CB agonist HU210 produced a concentration-dependent response, the activity of theses agonists were not blocked by either CB1/CB2 antagonists.

Conclusion: The results indicate that while CB receptors may have a circumstantial role in keratinocyte proliferation, they do not contribute significantly to this process. Our results show that cannabinoids inhibit keratinocyte proliferation, and therefore support a potential role for cannabinoids in the treatment of psoriasis.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

What You Need to Make Dry Ice Hash

• One sanitized 5-gallon bucket
  • Cannabis trim/bud
  • 3lbs of dry ice
    • You may need more or less depending on how much bud/trim you use. 3lbs will cover a little to at least 6oz.
    • Click here to go to a page that will let you search for dry ice in your area.
  • Bubble bags/Hash Bags/Pollen Bags
    • You’ll need 3 sizes for this tutorial: 73, 160, 220. These sizes are standard for this type of bag.
  • Thick, insulating sturdy gloves
    • No latex gloves, you need protection against -109.3°F cold. Snow gloves or BBQ gloves will do the trick.
  • A scraping tool
    • An unused paint scraper works great, but a credit card will do.
  • A large, CLEAN, flat surface
    • This will collect your hash, so make sure it’s clean!
    • We used a large piece of new plexiglass (cheap at Home Depot) on a table.

Dry Ice Handling

Dry ice has some inherent risks due to its extremely low temperature and the fact that it sublimates (turns directly into a gas), but it’s actually very safe to use! Just check out these quick safety tips, exercise a little caution, and this will be a smooth and fun experience!

1. Make sure you work in a well-ventilated area. Stop! Please read the safety rules first!
    1. Dry ice turns directly into CO2 gas. Although it’s a small amount of CO2 and doesn’t really pose a threat to you, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
  2. Don’t put dry ice in an airtight container.
    1. Dry ice turns into gas which will pressurize the container it’s in. Eventually, you’ll get a top shooting off unexpectedly, or worse, an exploding container!
  3. Don’t touch dry ice with your bare hands
    1. Dry ice measures -190.3°F at its warmest. It won’t kill you to grab it, but it’s no fun to get freezer burn either.
  4. Dispose of dry ice safely
    1. If you put dry ice down your sink or toilet, you could freeze your water pipes and end up with a massive repair bill. When you’re done with dry ice, just leave it in a well-ventilated area and it’ll simply turn into gas and leave.

Step-By-Step: How to Make Your Own Dry Ice Hash

Basically, you just shake a hash bag full of cannabis + dry ice and piles of resin will start raining out!

How To Make Dry Ice Hash – GrowWeedEasy.com from Nebula Haze on Vimeo.

Watch the Video Demonstration!

You’ve got your materials together and you know how to handle dry ice… let’s have some fun!

1. Dump your (ground up) cannabis and dry ice into the 5-gallon bucket.
  2. Take the size 73 hash/bubble/pollen bag and fit it over the opening of the bucket, then shake and swirl the bucket around for 3-4 minutes. The process of shaking the cannabis around with dry ice freezes the resin so it starts breaking off from the cannabis and is more easily collected.
  3. Turn the bucket upside-down, emptying both the dry ice and cannabis into the hash bag, with the mesh side facing down.
  4. Shake the bag over a clean flat surface.This will cause resin to sift through the mesh part of the bag and fall out onto the surface like it’s raining resin! Keep shaking until you don’t see any resin falling out or you just can’t shake anymore 🙂
  5. Use your scraper to collect the newly fallen resin into a pile and transfer it into a container of your choice.
  6. Dump the cannabis and dry ice back into the bucket and repeat steps 2-5 with the size 160 pollen bag. Then again with the 220 bag.
You should now have 3 grades of your own solvent-free, homemade hash: 73 (pure resin), 160 (not as pure but still really good stuff), and 220 (it’s super fragrant and super free!). Enjoy!

FYI: Hash can be sprinkled over bud, vaporized, smoked directly with a screen, and mixed into joints. If you’re unfamiliar with hash, starting slowly will help ensure you don’t use too much – this stuff is powerful!

Jump to…

Make Your Own Cannabis Capsules (Canna Caps)!

How to Make Medical Cannabis Extract Oil

Flushing for Better Buds

The Perpetual Harvest

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mushrooms are much more effective extracted into a tea or the like than in the raw form. the stomach only can extract so much from the dense dry mushroom cellulose matrix. Extracts if one doesnt have the mushrooms and time and skills to make teas or extracts work well. Look for "dual extracts" combining both alcohol and water extracts to get all the active ingredients out. If making teas, include herbs like oregano and thyme and rosemary as they greatly improve the flavour, I use rooibos tea too and include lemon juice or vitamin C for the anti oxidant effect to protect actives in the brew. One can get two effective brews out of the dried and sliced mushrooms. Extracts one can just add to a cup of tea or coffee etc. 5g or equiv of reishi is plenty for a daily dose.

I didnt use CBD but do full spectrum extracts of keif and trim, and popcorn buds. Fill gallon jars with dry material and pour cold fridge or freezer temps ethanol to fill and close jars and shake a 100 times or for 60 seconds, put a sieve over the top and quickly pour out the ethanol into a big barrel..I'd do a few jars at a time. I'd repeat this 3 times till it was starting to come off green. By experience I'd pulled off most actives at this point. I'd distill off the alcohol or just boil it off on a double boil, till down to a litre or two and put that into jars and into the freezer to winterize it and then filter out the fats that crud out after a day or two in there, then put the concentrated alcohol back onto the double boil to get it till almost all ethanol off and it starts really thickening up, then add whole lot distilled water and that grab a bunch of chlorophyll gunk..I'd add enough water so the tiny amount of alcohol left gets its resin forced out of it and let cool till cold and pour off the dirty water..its a careful balance that as one doesnt want to loose resin in the water alcohol mixture..but after repeat once twice stripping alcohol traces out the resin more then double boil the resin for a while in a thin film in bottom of a pot till no more bubbling, its pretty much decarbed at that point and dark but pretty clean, most terps broken down or driven off by the process but it makes darn good medical oil..used to give it away by the litre back in the day to cancer patients and all...It all depends on your skills and what gear you got and how much weed you have to play with..

One can make much cleaner oil, much more efficiently, but it would require more gear, more risk etc...I wouldnt make it that way anymore but if I had no gear and needed some oil, that would be the ticket. You can just use the coconut oil as the solvent and repeatedly extract into it till its saturated, but you also have no way of quantifying how much within some reasonable accuracy how much is in there...but at same time for topical coconut oil for something like this, it probably would make no difference, its not like chemo thc doses for skin cancer that like a 50/50 oil...you can go much weaker..to be honest for something like this id just extract some dank weed repeatedly into coconut oil and as it cools while stil liquid stir in essential oils too and let it all cool into a homogenous lump..easiest way to skin the cat. And I'd just get some good mushroom extracts and dose that daily and rub the oil on twice daily or more, whatever rate of topical application of the oil that gives the most relief.

You can even mix bicarb and make a toothpaste, LOL..which also used with xylitol to cure infected tooth roots that dentists were like no ways you can cure that, you must root canal, and I was like you fuckin mad, root canal, bad science as far as I'm concerned.. a month later they had to eat their words in following check ups..coconut oil and other oils is really effective at killing infections just underlying the surface. Its a standard veternary medicine when normal medicines not available, its antibiotic nature is well known and studied.
Thanks for the great information and advice from experience. I guess thats how you make RSO?

Want to make a tincture and they say that takes 4 weeks, or can be sped up using a freezer. Any experience with making tincture for sublingual application?

Since my flower can be variable due to partial shade in the garden, converting to dry sieve kief to standardize dosage. Yeah it doesnt need to be too potent. Thats what @Old Piney does with CBD, is just extract using the same oil to make it more concentrated. I may try that first to see how it works. May be the most economical for a salve. Goal is 125 mg THC per 0.5 oz coconut oil to match the CBD salve.

I thought it would be good to make a tincture with alcohol and coconut oil to try out. Going to make some partially filled cannabis caps and use that mix as concentrate to make coconut oil. BrassnWood gave me approximate guidelines for potency per drop using that method.

Could have had it made by now. Wanted to have all my options ready. Going to see what works. I don't want to be buzzed all day too bad. I'm a low dose type guy, but need to have a constant therapy in my system most of the day, which I struggle with because smoking isn't allowed freely here. Plus I'm always busy and smoking takes extra time. Would like to do tincture since that can be similar to smoking as you can enjoy the terpenes.

Latest posts

Latest posts