What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experience with psoriasis?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I 'm a Psoriasis sufferer. I had an almost fatal outbreak of 'erythrodermic' psoriasis with some psioratic arthritis. The mainstream 'cure' was chemotherapy. I refused this and went home perhaps to die. However a radical chemist here (Oz) made up a high cbd Cannabis medicine and tinctures which almost totally relieved my symptoms within two months. one important ingredient in the medicines was Hemp Oil ... that is, Omega-3 oils.

Orally. the idea is to 'balance' the immune system.

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2cup Shea butter

2 tbs of beez wax

1 tbs magnesium oil

1 tbs arnica oil

1 gram CBD isolate

I use weed coconut oil I make myself so it does have thc ....use normal if u don't want the and replace with normal coconut oil and CBD crystals.

Add any essential oils for the smell you desire.... I buy a mix pack at target.it has like lavender,camphor, eucalyptus,tea tree and some other ones....

It is kinda pricey but if u have psoriasis it's well worth the try

Coconut oil in these mixtures is very helpful too. My buddy suffers from it, the cannabis/coconut oil topically helped him but the reishi mushroom REALLY helped. He has largely treated his psoriasis, it occasionally flairs up but he is largely symptom free these days. He suffered from it for most of his life. The lauric acid helps with any microbes that are co-irritating the skin.

Make tea, the mushroom is hard like wood and generally sliced is easier to deal with, 3-5 g daily, squeeze a quarter lemon in a small stainless pot and we have here rooibos tea (red bush) and throw in a teabag and slow simmer for 15 mins and let cool a bit and glug down, put fresh water and cook a second time and drink in the evening.

Or, take a stainless steel pressure cooker, add 1g vit c PER 100G mushrooms and add mushroom slices and add just enough water to cover, cook and drain, add water and repeat and combine then work out how many doses you have based on starting amount (3-5g a day) and pour into ice cube trays and freeze and you know how many cubes (or one if you make it concentrated enough) and defrost one dose a day and glug. I'm not gonna tell you they taste nice, you KNOW its is medicine when you taste it. After a while it begins to taste good and you might enjoy it. Sorta like really bitter old socks.
Some helpful posts to bump

Having an issue with the psoriasis spreading even though being healed in the older symptom areas. Using in combination with VTama cream. Would like to taper off the VTama if I can get the right natural medicine regime.

I have a CBD salve but it is too oily. How does the Coconut oil leave your skin? Does it absorb pretty well or does it leave it oily?

I also got cellulitis during the summer heat when an infection entered the psoriasis irritated area in 2022 and 2023. Don't want to invite infection using something that leaves it greasy but would like to try to make it work.

Also the nurse said I could try using silver biotics Armor Gel which is a nano silver product that is water based and protects the skin from infection from 12 hours.

Also have

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eureka for pipe ! With my cbd coconut oil I do that decarboxylation thing I almost fill a mason jar full of flower, add oil to cover it put the lid on and screw the lid on loose and simmer in a pot of water do a few hours. I strain it out and to make it stronger I repeat using that oil and new flower. I think I'm gonna whip up some thc topical as well
Alright, how tight do you pack them in the jar? I Should probably transfer out of my full mason jar from harvest because its packed too tight.

How much oil does it take to cover a quart of cannabis?

I guess I should break it up before putting in the jar, would that be helpful? I am going to at least squeeze out seeds.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decarboxylation in the oven at 200F only takes about 40 minutes for hash. Is steeping the flower with coconut oil in boiling water for 2-3 hours going to be longer than necessary?

Maybe it helps to give it the extra time to help the resin transfer into the coconut oil.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Jar Tek (How to Decarb Rosin)​

Aleks

December 6, 2021

Extraction Tek
Hash rosin can be used for a wide variety of products. If you are making edibles, vape carts or topicals you will need to decarboxylate the rosin. This done by applying heat. On a craft scale the process is often done in jars that are placed in forced air convection ovens.
The timelapse below shows rosin being decarboxylated over a period of a few hours:
Clear jars are used so that you may asses the process by monitoring the amount of co2 bubbles being released. The bubbling starting to slow down is a simple indication that the decarb reaction is approaching completion.
Jartek-Rosin-Decarb-before-and-after.jpg

This is the chemical reaction that is occurring when you decarboxylate your rosin:
decarb-reaction.png

Items Needed:
Start by filling your jar with hash rosin. I typically use 4oz mason jars and never decarboxylate less than 28 grams at a time. Container loss is minimized by working with larger amounts. I prefer single sourced material but you can blend different hash rosins together as well.
WARNING: CO2 GAS IS RELEASED DURING THIS CHEMICAL REACTION. MASON JARS TYPICALLY SELF VENT ABOVE 5PSI AS THAT IS THE MAX PRESSURE THE LID CAN WITHSTAND. THE JAR CAN EXPLODE IF THE LID ALLOWS THE PRESSURE TO BUILD PAST THE JARS CAPACITY. THIS IS RARE BUT CAN HAPPEN. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH PEOPLE OFTEN LEAVE THE JAR LID ON TIGHT TO PRESERVE TERPENES THE SAFEST METHOD IS TO LEAVE THE JAR LID LOOSE.
Remember not to overfill the jar either. During decarb rosin will raise up and foam/bubble during early phase changes. Never fill the jar past 75% capacity or you will have a sticky lid to deal with and could risk the jar exploding.
Hash rosin in mason jar
Rosin Decarb (pre oven)

Fully cured hash rosin ready to be decarbed. You can also decarb fresh press hash rosin.
Rosin Decarb (pre oven)

Set your over to the lowest setting possible. I set mine to 170F but the temperatures fluctuates in the low 200’s. Home ovens are often pretty inaccurate at low temperatures. It is not a bad idea to have a temperature probe in there so that you can track what is going on in the oven.
My target temperature for rosin decarboxylation is 220F.
Warming up oven for rosin decarb

The hash rosin will start to melt during the first phase.
Rosin Decarb in the oven

Small CO2 bubbles will begin to form and the hash rosin may foam up during this stage.
Rosin Decarb phase change

As you can see above the rosin volume has increased substantially during his phase change. This is why you don’t want to overfill the jars with hash rosin.

In the next stage the rosin will begin to darken and turn into a thick liquid with heavy bubbling. The bubbles are CO2 and are released as a byproduct of the decarboxylation process.
Rosin Decarb co2 bubbles

In the final stage the oil will being to clear up.
Rosin Decarb clear oil
Rosin Decarb final product

At this stage partial decarboxylation has been achieved. As soon as the oil looks clear like this it can be used to fill vape carts.
If you are trying to go for a full decarboxylation then keep heating until no bubbles are produced.

Do not open the jar until it has had some time to cool down and come to room temperature. Decarbed rosin should be stored in the fridge or freezer and brought back up to temperature gently before it is used in formulation.

Rosin Decarb final product

The visual change in rosin appearance after decarboxylation never ceases to amaze me, especially for such a simple process.

Pre-Decarb-850x1024.jpg
post-decarb-850x1024.jpg

Happy rosin decarbing!
@Old Piney --How tight do you have the lid and how full is the quart jar of coconut oil and flower combined when boiling to decarboxylate?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you decarboxylate on a cookie sheet in the oven at low temperature before steeping in coconut oil in the jar, in a double boiler?

Old Piney

Do you decarboxylate on a cookie sheet in the oven at low temperature before steeping in coconut oil in the jar, in a double boiler?
Yes a cookie sheet works fine I leave about an inch of space in the jar the ring should be loose but screwed on a bit so the lid dosen't fly off but air can escape it's just like canning sauce in that way.( the air only escapes for a short time till it gets to temp don't worry about losing terps,DON’T tighten it ) Go for it man it'll be good. I've decarboxylated at different temps ,for Half hour, or for two I've boiled it for one hour or six , I've used lectin or no lectin non of it made any difference. The only thing that makes it stronger is to recook the oil with new flower if you want. The decarboxylating will smell up the house a bit lol

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long and at what temp do you decarboxylate. 200F or less, people have said use the lowest setting possible like 170 F. Is 40 minutes a good time for decarboxylation. It think it takes at least 20 minutes. How long do you decarboxylate?

Steeping process is 2-3 hours in a single pot boiling water. So no double boiler required.

Went to the store and got more coconut oil.

Also got Dr. Bronners castile soap to switch to for bathing, and may go with that to wash hands and other things. I like the way it lathers. Got tea tree oil version, may get lavender next time I get a bottle.

Applied the CBD hemp salve from Enerhealth Botanicals yesterday evening and it was a relief from itching. Applied the salve this morning after the prescription cream was absorbed, so will be doing the salve twice a day.

Also looking at making sure I drink 3-5 grams mushrooms per day with the Global Healing Organic Mushroom Blend drink mix.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Old Piney

I've decarboxylated at different temps but I am thinking lower is better as long as it's crumbled up a bit and spread thin .you can tell from the color if it's done. I do a half hour .I really think this decarboxylating thing is overrated, as long as it's good and dry

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah you not trying to get high, decarbing pointless I'd guess. The coconut oil on its own has all sorts of good properties. Other essential oils can be added in small amounts that are anti bacterial. The coconut oil absorbs into the skin and leaves it feeling silky not greasy. All up and down East Africa and the tropics, coconut oil is the standard skin "cream". People rub it on daily just for health and beauty.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. Going to try it soon. I guess I should put quite a bit of flower in the jar? What is the ratio of flower to coconut oil?

May not decarboxylte it because cooking at boiling for a couple hours will likely do that decarboxlation process.

I would like a dual purpose coconut oil. I want to be able to consume it in edibles as well as use it topically.

Old Piney

Thanks. Going to try it soon. I guess I should put quite a bit of flower in the jar? What is the ratio of flower to coconut oil?

May not decarboxylte it because cooking at boiling for a couple hours will likely do that decarboxlation process.

I would like a dual purpose coconut oil. I want to be able to consume it in edibles as well as use it topically.
I would decar.… some at least to over dry it , supposedly it is a chemical reaction to complete both THC and CBD. As far as how much flower it depends how strong you want the oil to be. For me and Cbd the more the merrier and I dubble boil the oil with more flower. I suppose if it's with THC flower and you're making edibles that would be some kick-ass oil. Here’s a link on how to calculate dosage https://wakeandbake.co/edibles-dosage-calculator/

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Materials​

• Baking sheet
  • Parchment paper
  • Oven
  • Saucepan, stock pot, double-boiler, or slow cooker
  • Mesh strainer or cheesecloth
  • Container for cannabis oil
  • Cannabis grinder (optional)

Ingredients​

• 1 cup ground cannabis flower (7-10 grams)
  • 1 cup coconut oil
When making cannabis coconut oil, we recommend a 1:1 ratio of cannabis to oil. If you want milder effects, use less cannabis.

Directions​

1. Decarb the cannabis.Decarboxylation activates cannabis by turning THCA in the plant into THC, the psychoactive compound that will get you high. Loosely break up cannabis and place it on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Heat it for 30-40 minutes in an oven at 245ºF.
  2. Grind or break down cannabis. A grinder will break your weed up into an even consistency, but you can just as easily use your hands too. Keep in mind that anything small enough to fit through a strainer will end up in your finished product, so don’t grind your cannabis into a fine powder.
  3. Heat oil and decarbed cannabis. Add oil and decarbed cannabis to double-boiler, slow cooker, or saucepan, and simmer on low for 2-3 hours. Make sure the temperature of the oil stays between 160-200ºF.
  4. Strain and store the oil.Put mesh strainer or cheesecloth over container for oil and pour the oil/cannabis mixture through it. Do not squeeze it out—this will add more chlorophyll to your oil and make it taste more vegetal. Discard the plant material. The oil will have a shelf life of at least two months and can be extended with refrigeration.

Jock420

I have suffered with psoriasis for over 20 years. Had light treatment this didn't work & left me with more problems. I haven't tried cannabis oils. But sounds good. I now get psoriasis covering my face. So going out is another problem

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i have psoriasis and it get the itches , i dont use using sugar in anything anymore and that seemed to help clear it up ,i dont eat the NIGHTSHADE fruits and veggies anymore that may have also helped lesson the psoriasis .(Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, tomatillos and tobacco (more on that later) are all members of the nightshade family—and unfortunately, all are linked to psoriasis flare-ups)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tomato? I would take that advice carefully as every individual has unique triggers and causes my dermatologist told me.

Unless you have done an elimination diet to determine that is the cause, I recommend eating more fruits and vegetables.

Foods with high fat content could be bad if your body accumulates fat and promotes inflammation. I think stress is the main cause. Get good rest, eat well, drink plenty of water, get plenty of cannabis therapy.

Thanks for the reminder, was considering making the salve soon. What is best way to decarboxylize flower?. Low temp like 200 F for 30 minutes?

Everyone has slightly varying recommendations but I think lower temp at 200 F is good instead of 245F like Leafy.com recommends.

Some peolpe decarb for 40 min. I will do 20-30 I think because they will decarboxylize when I simmer the flower in butter for 2-3 hours.

Doing 1 cup flower to 1 cup coconut oil to begin.

Any tips would be appriciated.

Grind it up. save the seeds.