What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EVERYTHING BOXING

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Manny Paquiao did it again....predictably in my mind......he had Cotto down twice in the earlier rounds....

....then it went to the 12th and final round where the ref had to stop it.......good fight but Pacquiao had Cotto all the way.....

....Cotto's face looked well beaten.........Manny's looked hardly touched......

....Now we will see Mayweather have to fight Paquiao........

Gentlemen.

Gentlemen.

Find Something to do with your short time on earth besides glorifying Pugs.
Sorry that just came from no where. leave it as original as it rolled out.
Like Gypsy got some great hobbies et al.

You Animals! Contain yourselves.

:2cents: retired hurt wise old man.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Cotto held up better than I thought he would. Manny's accuracy is stellar, watching the rounds it didn't look like Cotto got hit that much until you saw his face up close in between rounds. All that running around the ring toward the latter rounds was pretty embarrassing for Cotto. A few times it looked like Manny got tired of chasing him around and just stood there, then it was so obvious how much Cotto was running away. All that running around the ring reminded me of Mayweather, except he does it right from the beginning.

Now everybody is saying they want to see Pacquiao fight Mayweather. I think Mayweather would love to fight him, because Manny is smaller than him, thats what Mayweather likes. Mayweather came out of retirement because he was broke and needed the money, thats what he fights for, not to be the greatest fighter.

Look at Manny, he started out as a light featherweight and now he is at welterweight. Look at Paul Williams, he could have chose to stay and hang out in the welterweight class if he wanted and fight people smaller than him but instead he is fighting light heavyweights thats what real fighters do they move up through the classes, not hang around and suck money out of the underdogs.

I'll have respect for "Money Mayweather" when he starts challenging himself by fighting Mosley or Williams. Williams would end his career, then Mayweather would end up stocking shelves at walmart all night because he blew all his money.

burnedout

Cotto held up better than I thought he would. Manny's accuracy is stellar, watching the rounds it didn't look like Cotto got hit that much until you saw his face up close in between rounds. All that running around the ring toward the latter rounds was pretty embarrassing for Cotto. A few times it looked like Manny got tired of chasing him around and just stood there, then it was so obvious how much Cotto was running away. All that running around the ring reminded me of Mayweather, except he does it right from the beginning.

Now everybody is saying they want to see Pacquiao fight Mayweather. I think Mayweather would love to fight him, because Manny is smaller than him, thats what Mayweather likes. Mayweather came out of retirement because he was broke and needed the money, thats what he fights for, not to be the greatest fighter.

Look at Manny, he started out as a light featherweight and now he is at welterweight. Look at Paul Williams, he could have chose to stay and hang out in the welterweight class if he wanted and fight people smaller than him but instead he is fighting light heavyweights thats what real fighters do they move up through the classes, not hang around and suck money out of the underdogs.

I'll have respect for "Money Mayweather" when he starts challenging himself by fighting Mosley or Williams. Williams would end his career, then Mayweather would end up stocking shelves at walmart all night because he blew all his money.

Do you not realize Floyd started his career at super featherweight and has won belts in 5 different weight classes?

He is one of, if not the best defensive fighter EVER. The point of boxing is to hit your opponent and not get hit. If you can't respect what he does in the ring, you probably don't understand the art of boxing.

And I doubt he cares one bit if you respect him or not. My guess is you've never stepped foot in a boxing ring, as if you had, you'd respect ANY boxer that laces up his gloves, let alone one of the all time greats.

JBlaze

Manny is the P4P best fighter since Roy Jones was in his prime. Except he only fought the best competition. Roy is my favorite fighter but ego and money got in the way of his career. Not many fighters I would pay to watch but Pacman is at the top of my list.

Mayweather would be the odds on favorite to win over Pacman. He can match the hand speed of Manny. Plus he is the more technical and polished fighter. If he comes into the fight in top condition I see him winning on the judges cards. It would be an ugly fight, with a lot of clinching. Mayweather is one of the best fighters when it comes to mid fight adjustments. Look at the Zab Judah fight. Zab was giving him fits, southpaw with good power and hand speed. Mayweather started going to the body to slow him and broke him down.

But I still won't count Manny out, he is fighting for more then just him. He's got a whole country behind him. Plus he has the best trainer in boxing to help him setup a game plant to beat Mayweather.

Latest posts

Latest posts