What's new

Everybody a breeder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_man

Veteran
come on george! don't let your name dictate the barriers of your cognitive assets...

if it were like that: breeding = seed making, folks would be "carrying" cougars into their flats, chihuaha owners(or however it is spelled) would be needing bigger pouches for their wolfs and zea mays sirup would never be as plenty as to be infused in all foods :)

blessss
ps.: sounds kind of, the hobby driver who knows shit about mechanics, tries to built his own car without a blueprint spec sheets and the right tools, ... amish car engineering at it's finest...

pps.: and once that dude succeeds in "constructing" a charriot, it's going to mass production...

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
If breeding = seedmaking then a whole lot of people bred Blueberry and Skunk#1. It doesn't makes sense. I think Sam and Dj are the only breeders of those lines. Sure a lot of people made seeds of those IBLs but that doesn't make them the breeders.

Tom Hill

Veteran
some interesting side conversations going on in here no doubt,nothing that is earth shattering rather founded in common sense.that said this particular thread kind of rubs me the wrong way,maybe it was just the 1st post.Anyone who say's "I mean no disrespect" means disrespect.but anywho you can talk all the fancy science talk you want and it won't change the fact that humans are really no closer to fully understanding the cannabis plant than they were 1,000 years ago.so as far as breeding pick plants you like and combine them to see what comes up you can predict with moderate accuracy the kinds of expressions you will get.so everybody a breeder.yea pretty much.short answer.and there is nothing wrong with that.to say there is is just founded in petty jealousy.canna breeding is not a practicle science its real world common sense.integrity is another thing all together that has nothing to do with cannabis or breeding and shouldn't be lumped in with them.Just cause a regular guy has a great female plant and crosses it to a male,collects seeds and sells them is not a sign of no integrity. or just cause a guy works a particular plant for years and notes everything is not a sign of upmost integrity.the common denominator is both guys made seeds and at the end of the day.breeding IS making seeds.

this thread is so pretentious.lol.A whole slew of pretentious, elitist ,rhetoric going around in a circle looking for a conclusive ending.riddle me this masterminds.Can a circle even have a start and a end ?A : no,which is why I said pretentious instead of logical,yet there are those of you in here who are self proclaimed scholars of cannabis whilst the rest of us are the presumed hacks that are ruining the gene pool with our hackneyed ways.yet the only evidence offered to support such claims is the surly opinion of these said "self proclaimed " scholars. It's rich in irony and other essential elements.

congrats now this thread is 100 pages of pretentious bullshit.and even more surely, aggressive, diarrhea of the mouth.anyone who puts greater importance on preserving mediocre plant genetics than on being a decent, respectful human being has got their priorities a bit screwed up in my opinion.And it's all just verbal masturbation anyway,It's way way less about educating anyone or preserving anything than it is about screaming "look at me" "listen to me". sad really,how some people are so desperate for validation of themselves and attention that they go through such pain staking lengths to get a morsel of it.

you're right I don't get it,don't understand the need for pretentious drivel that is not founded in actual science.don't get the need to try to convince anyone that a opinion is fact,don't understand the whole elitist philosophy behind such terms as breeder and seed maker.what I do get is this,not a 1 of you has any better understanding of the plant and it's relationship with people than anyone else does. because only so much is know.only so much information is actual empirical evidence of which to draw a conclusion.the rest is all just speculation.the plant keeps evolving as do we and the bottom line is we are no closer to having it figured out than we did 1,000 years ago which makes all your fancy talk irrelevant.so enlighten me as to exactly what it is I'm missing,because it seems to me That I have a pretty firm grip on what I'm seeing here.One more ? for you do breeders put their pants on 1 leg at a time just like the regular folks who are only hack seed makers ?

you seem to miss the whole point and yet I'm not surprised.and I'm not even going to repeat it but will offer you a hint.I know how to read too.you pretentious, elitist,poser.which hat do you wear today ? a breeder hat or a seed maker hat or a scientist hat ? keep changing colors and putting on fake faces there in fantasy land.I'll stay down here beneath your pedestal in reality

breeding = seed making. no more no less.(in the context of MJ)
elitist = thinking somehow that because you read a book and wrote a paper makes you better and more qualified than everyone else.

pretentious = feeling the need to qualify your own existence by constantly waving your accomplishments in the face of others while simultaneously belittling and condescending others view points.did I miss anything ? looks like my masters degree in clinical psychology from Yale finally paid off,now If I could get my student loans paid off perhaps I'd be making progress.

perhaps not but you are a pretentious,elitist, condescending douche bag ! just a educated guess mind you or a " hypothesis" if you will.

There is the totality of your input George, do you know anything -at all- about cannabis? What is it that you are attempting to bring to the table here? That "the bottom line is we are no closer to having it figured out than we did 1,000 years ago"? Okay, you are wrong about that, just like you are when you start tossing around ideas like just cross two plants moderate accuracy just as good as taking advantage of proven science blah blah blah. Do you have anything else to say that is cannabis related, or are you just attempting to exercise that masters degree in clinical psychology while doing exactly what you accuse others of, without understanding that you're supposed to mix that up with valuable input in this little game of ours? I think you may have unwittingly stumbled into the wrong sandbox here Georgie-boy. ;)

offthehook

Veteran
If you're aware of your subconscience then 'GeorgeWBush' is having a point too.

One does not necessarily exclude the other.^^

As the saying goes... we're all equally ugly on the inside. :D

purple_man

Veteran
come on tom! much respect for compiling the "word mouth diarrhea" georgie was spewing all the time and pointing fingers and blaming others of doing it...

once again, i shall tip my hat off to you bro for your patience and stance! if it were me, i would have left the thread long time ago, which should be called: the visually/eyesight impairds royal art society of tulip breeders...

blessss
ps.: hey george, are you the one who bred the infamous texas kush or some crap like that, g.w. was raving about in harold and kummars latest flick?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
breeding = seed making. no more no less.(in the context of MJ)
elitist = thinking somehow that because you read a book and wrote a paper makes you better and more qualified than everyone else.

pretentious = feeling the need to qualify your own existence by constantly waving your accomplishments in the face of others while simultaneously belittling and condescending others view points.did I miss anything ? looks like my masters degree in clinical psychology from Yale finally paid off,now If I could get my student loans paid off perhaps I'd be making progress.

not all. breeding is a process of crossing several generations of plants with certain characteristics to reach a certain goal . It is the same with anything. Like dogs. Your not a dog breeder because you put two horny dogs in the back yard. they are gonna fuck whether you like it or not. lol. If you then took the puppies with the qualities you like and breed them with other puppies and do that multiple times until you have a new breed, that you have stabilized then you are a breeder.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like my masters degree in clinical psychology from Yale finally paid off,now If I could get my student loans paid off perhaps I'd be making progress.

no you still wasted your money. You should gotten a degree in Biology, botany, or horticulture if you wanna come talk about what breeding is.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
There is the totality of your input George, do you know anything -at all- about cannabis? What is it that you are attempting to bring to the table here? That "the bottom line is we are no closer to having it figured out than we did 1,000 years ago"? Okay, you are wrong about that, just like you are when you start tossing around ideas like just cross two plants moderate accuracy just as good as taking advantage of proven science blah blah blah. Do you have anything else to say that is cannabis related, or are you just attempting to exercise that masters degree in clinical psychology while doing exactly what you accuse others of, without understanding that you're supposed to mix that up with valuable input in this little game of ours? I think you may have unwittingly stumbled into the wrong sandbox here Georgie-boy. ;)

in short I don't find this thread or it's topic to be a valuable contribution to humanity or to cannabis,I find that it glorify's all the aforementioned undesirable facets of the human psyche and the business/game that surrounds the common denominator in this whole community.we all love the weed, adore the plant.So that my friend is my contribution to shine a light if you will upon a rather distasteful perpetuation of a idea that is founded in elitism.I have a much more modest idea of just how fundamentally sound the application of science apply's to cannabis breeding as stated.As far as what I do,I risk my freedom for the plant because I believe the plant is beneficial to the human race.I've grown alot of plants and breed alot of seeds,and have personally validated my theory of predicting with moderate accuracy the expressions I will find.I am glad that you picked up on me mentioning my background and I even suspect you picked up on the sarcastic intent,they told me you were a sharp one.So no Tommy boy,I don't believe I have wondered into the wrong sandbox.

purple_man

Veteran
i guess after 100+ pages many "running gags" developed, or shall we call it situation induced comedy... right now i wonder if we could get john g/cleese and the rest of the monty python crew to get involved in this charade :) i bet we could pull off/out even more enticing n entertaining views and ideologies in the guise of "methodologies"

blessss
ps.: sam never steal haze seeds and bring them willingly to europe... it was chuck norris who roundhouse kicked and made him do it (in defense of chuck, he was still on federal payroll)

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
it's super easy,a educated man would call it sophomoric.here's a example

if you cross a chem family plant to another chem family plant you're going to find with 100 % accuracy some chemmy expressions.

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Sounds pretty easy to validate. Great job!

You truly have the knowledge level of someone from 1,000 years ago. All your points are really coming together now.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
why thank you Dr.Greeninthethumb,such a astute observation isn't it ? we all know just how highly I value your esteemed opinion,about as much as you value mine.now if you'll excuse me your majesty I must return to the commoners village.Do I have your blessing my liege ?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yeah tripped and fell face first would have been a more accurate description than stumble. How dare we elitist dirtballs understand that we've come a lot further than that little morsel of wisdom, good lord.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Yeah tripped and fell face first would have been a more accurate description than stumble. How dare we elitist dirtballs understand that we've come a lot further than that little morsel of wisdom, good lord.

understanding it is one thing flaunting it as the gospel truth like a whiny little insecure jackass is another. comprende amigo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts