T

TrichyTrichy

:laughing: I know,right :)

but their 'hearts' are in the right place. Message gets a little fuzzy... :p

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
long read, very informative--
my conclusion: some of our most important scientific discoveries were conceived/created by individuals whom chose not to accept the conventional way thinking. Free Thinkers FTW!

Last edited:

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
By the way,someone back asked a good question TOM<
How is the pollen donation from a STS'd female differ from a stressed female non?
ANd i am learning thanX TOM!!
im just scared of HERM kinda pollen being used,if STS pollen is just plain reversed
NO WORRIES RIGHT!
sorry for the ranting been a bad month...

Intersex plants have genes that activate hormones that reverse the plants sex in response to environmental ques.

We can choose to reverse any plant by using STS which inhibits ethylene production. So these plants don't have to be hermies to induce a male phenotype.

STS isn't a stress and doesn't mean the plant can reverse sex on its own.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^when i wanna make seed from a clone, i just put an led light in the lower corner and then put tape over it. it exposes the tiniest light leak and, i can just pollinate a few buds and make about 30 seeds at a time.

haha that's very debatable. he didn't and doesn't give a fuck for preservation, sales yeah probably!

When I say "they" in this next paragraph I mean anyone who makes seeds from breeders to hobbyist.

I dont think it is wrong to make money off of seeds. I just feel people should give credit to the breeding process over the years. Kinda like citations when you are quoting people in literature. I hope they all make millions. That means they sold a lot of seeds, which means there is a lot of people growing. I am an overgrower still. My goal is for everyone to grow so much that weed is a house hold item like salt and the government has to give up on cannabis prohibition.

Also the more beans popped the more gems that can be found and the more genetic diversity there is.

I just chose not to sell mine because I don't really do anything to get them and they make wonderful gifts.

I totally agree with that statement, this is a cross between Bubblegum (inbred) and Deep Chunk (inbred).

Pheno 9
View Image

Pheno 5
View Image

Pheno 1
View Image

yup this is a no brainer. The is neville's haze, which is an inbred haze, and LVPK which is an inbred afgani/paki.

two different phenos. same cross. popped 5 beans 2 lived and they were these. lol speaks a lot to neville's and kyle kushman's work. Also Dominican green who made the cross to begin with. he did some good work.

And this is just 3 random shots from my gallery that looked decent in thumbnail. I didnt even go though and pick out the trophy shots.

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42696&pictureid=1037253']

[/url]

Last edited:

mega72

Intersex plants have genes that activate hormones that reverse the plants sex in response to environmental ques.

We can choose to reverse any plant by using STS which inhibits ethylene production. So these plants don't have to be hermies to induce a male phenotype.

STS isn't a stress and doesn't mean the plant can reverse sex on its own.

Thanks OldprLG, Greeninthethumb, Homebrewer420, TomHill.

Hard to sort what's what when search results are all anecdotes.
Some folks have a touch of Viromulieragenitorophobia beyond having their sensi crop ruined. One-two weeks post scheduled harvest nanners never have a chance to make seed...

It sounds like the ideal recommendation is to have a female that doesn't produce stress nanners at all, thereby requiring the use of sts or something on that level... So if my plant I want to self nanners easily past its due date, should I move on and play with something hardier...?

And im so low brow I couldn't even figure which one the pollen question was :zero bearing, irrelevant, unintelligable, clueless... lol :blowbubbles:

Tom Hill

Veteran
congrats now this thread is 100 pages of pretentious bullshit.and even more surely, aggressive, diarrhea of the mouth.anyone who puts greater importance on preserving mediocre plant genetics than on being a decent, respectful human being has got their priorities a bit screwed up in my opinion.And it's all just verbal masturbation anyway,It's way way less about educating anyone or preserving anything than it is about screaming "look at me" "listen to me". sad really,how some people are so desperate for validation of themselves and attention that they go through such pain staking lengths to get a morsel of it.

Jane you ignorant sluts,,, - you still don't get it, some of you never will. This was never about me. Do you have any idea how many times we (GitT, Kopite, etc etc) have had these same conversations only to watch them blowing off in the wind like so many tumbleweeds? Oh, we've tried nice believe you me, it doesn't work, it's unreliable, you won't read it. Here's what we can rely on,,,, many of you are a bunch of fucking drama queens. And here was yet another opportunity to get both buyers and breeders in the same room. So if we have to stand up here and call each other douches to get you to furiously masterbate (as someone put it) to the thread, then that is what I reckon needs to be done from time to time for the sake of cannabis, and haha, you read it. The only thing sad about it, is the little you seemed to have taken away from it, but like I said, some of you never will. -Tom

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Jane you ignorant sluts,,, - you still don't get it, some of you never will. This was never about me. Do you have any idea how many times we (GitT, Kopite, etc etc) have had these same conversations only to watch them blowing off in the wind like so many tumbleweeds? Oh, we've tried nice believe you me, it doesn't work, it's unreliable, you won't read it. Here's what we can rely on,,,, many of you are a bunch of fucking drama queens. And here was yet another opportunity to get both buyers and breeders in the same room. So if we have to stand up here and call each other douches to get you to furiously masterbate (as someone put it) to the thread, then that is what I reckon needs to be done from time to time for the sake of cannabis, and haha, you read it. The only thing sad about it, is the little you seemed to have taken away from it, but like I said, some of you never will. -Tom

you're right I don't get it,don't understand the need for pretentious drivel that is not founded in actual science.don't get the need to try to convince anyone that a opinion is fact,don't understand the whole elitist philosophy behind such terms as breeder and seed maker.what I do get is this,not a 1 of you has any better understanding of the plant and it's relationship with people than anyone else does. because only so much is know.only so much information is actual empirical evidence of which to draw a conclusion.the rest is all just speculation.the plant keeps evolving as do we and the bottom line is we are no closer to having it figured out than we did 1,000 years ago which makes all your fancy talk irrelevant.so enlighten me as to exactly what it is I'm missing,because it seems to me That I have a pretty firm grip on what I'm seeing here.One more ? for you do breeders put their pants on 1 leg at a time just like the regular folks who are only hack seed makers ?

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
I cannot fathom how George Bush came to his conclusions.

Everyone knows the exact same amount about cannabis folks. Don't buy Robert Clarke's new book. He doesn't know more than the noob posters here.

No reason for new growers to come to this forum to get answers from seasoned growers with experience. We all know the same amount. Pee on your plants, it'll give them nitrogen!

I was talking to farmers 1,000 years ago about the MADC markers. They were well informed.

Clueless, clueless, clueless posters. Thanks for your contribution mister president.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I cannot fathom how George Bush came to his conclusions.

Everyone knows the exact same amount about cannabis folks. Don't buy Robert Clarke's new book. He doesn't know more than the noob posters here.

No reason for new growers to come to this forum to get answers from seasoned growers with experience. We all know the same amount. Pee on your plants, it'll give them nitrogen!

I was talking to farmers 1,000 years ago about the MADC markers. They were well informed.

Clueless, clueless, clueless posters. Thanks for your contribution mister president.

you seem to miss the whole point and yet I'm not surprised.and I'm not even going to repeat it but will offer you a hint.I know how to read too.you pretentious, elitist,poser.which hat do you wear today ? a breeder hat or a seed maker hat or a scientist hat ? keep changing colors and putting on fake faces there in fantasy land.I'll stay down here beneath your pedestal in reality

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
I make seeds, I try to breed, I have published research in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.

Here's my fantasy land.

I'm so fake guys! My journal was only ranked 111 out of 244 in Neurosciences; 76 out of 261 in Pharmacology & Pharmacy; and 40 out of 130 in Psychiatry, 59 out of 192 in Clinical Neurology. Maybe if it ways ranked higher I could be a REAL scientist.

purple_man

Veteran
honestly fambz, wtf? is going on??? was not the thread supposed to be a place for folks to exchange each others experience and thoughts about certain "breeders/seed makers" ...

suddenly it went to a wanna be breeders/genetix valley of the blind...

if all has been said, why not wrap this one up and call it done???

blessss
ps.: mucho thx to all posters involved!

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I make seeds, I try to breed, I have published research in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.

Here's my fantasy land.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39432&pictureid=1053240&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I'm so fake guys! My journal was only ranked 111 out of 244 in Neurosciences; 76 out of 261 in Pharmacology & Pharmacy; and 40 out of 130 in Psychiatry, 59 out of 192 in Clinical Neurology. Maybe if it ways ranked higher I could be a REAL scientist.

breeding = seed making. no more no less.(in the context of MJ)
elitist = thinking somehow that because you read a book and wrote a paper makes you better and more qualified than everyone else.

pretentious = feeling the need to qualify your own existence by constantly waving your accomplishments in the face of others while simultaneously belittling and condescending others view points.did I miss anything ? looks like my masters degree in clinical psychology from Yale finally paid off,now If I could get my student loans paid off perhaps I'd be making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts