What's new

Ever seen a MALE hermi?

thc43

Veteran
heres an odd aussi bagseed plant im growing was indoors made it through sexing and was cloned, 3 weeks into flower now in the winter weather pistles turned to seed. there was never a nanna or a full blown male flower but instantly started to seed lowest branches for a few weeks and then back to producing bud.

stopped seeding at about 8 weeks

with seed germing straight away

G

guest123

thc43 said:
heres an odd aussi bagseed plant im growing was indoors made it through sexing and was cloned, 3 weeks into flower now in the winter weather pistles turned to seed. there was never a nanna or a full blown male flower but instantly started to seed lowest branches for a few weeks and then back to producing bud.

stopped seeding at about 8 weeks

with seed germing straight away

immaculate conception ??? or just little male flowers that werent able to be seen ??

Horst Bulau

Here is a male Skunk #1 that started to produce pistils and lots of resin on those skinny, fast growing "bud-stems" ,whatever you call them:

herm.jpg

I got curious and let it grow. At around week seven in flower it started to make some more male flowers, I had to chop it at that time. Early, I know.

But:

I ended up with very pungent smelling grass ( I let it ferment well) with mucho unripe seeds in there, it´s sorta popcorn but the high is quite interesting, strong indica-style evening smoke. I also like the strong,fresh, piney, fruity taste with a hint of ...petrol... ?... or something in there. You definitely know by the taste that you´re smoking nice,potent grass here.

None of the ripe female buds from this seed batch have this totally stunning smell or taste, also their smoke is more like "normal" Skunk to me, more daytime "up" - which is what I was after in the first place . One female gets close to this herm but not quite, they are being cured atm.

I made a mom out of this plant just because I don´t really know what I´ve got here, my first grow. Anyway I´m glad I kept this "male" because of the potent smoke. Also got some ripe seeds and pollen, just in case I experiment more.

thc43

Veteran
Anything is possiable hey wally jesus bud maby..... not.

i had a pretty good look no nanas and just chopping first branches now as it dries i may spot a cluster somewhere. the bulk of the seeds came from the nodes where the first preflowers formed so im guessing it was pollinated quite early on. Many things could have happened stray pollen but im pretty sure its a trait within the bagseed strain. First time in my limited grow time ive seen a hermi like this one.

thc43.

HarryNugz

the only thing to do really is for those who've had males like this to grow out the progeny if any and post results. i myself had a male who showed female flowers and bred it to a non hermy female.

Latest posts

Latest posts