What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Euro 2016

Cloud Dancing

Im suprised that there's no Euro thread here .. There must be some european football heads on icmag ?!!!

I mean real football , not that sport that we calling 'rugby for dumb people' in Europe ;) :biggrin:

Tournament its getting to 1/16 stage soon, so far my bet its going on Spain as a champions again, Iniesta its a key player and one of the best playmakers ever. Offcourse Germany and France can be dangerous to, same as Italians. Dark Horse its gonna be Croatia and Poland in my opinion. Belgium and England biggest dissapoitments. Thats my thoughs so far, buy we will know more after 3rd group games.

B

Baron Greenback

England will bow out "heroically" to the first decent team we come across. Can never discount either an Italian or German team in any tournament.
Marc Wilmots is an absolute idiot and will ensure Belgium do nothing, on paper they have probably the strongest first team, but seem to be more a collection of individuals.
Hopefully a wave of togetherness and euphoria will drive France forwards, after Paris, they need something to unify the country. Plus Pogba could be really fucking good :)
I am definitely enjoying the tournament so far.

Cadfael

Please God, do not let Italy win.

I hate watching the "concrete" defense. Dull-est games in the world.

B

Baron Greenback

Looks like Belgium have finally clicked then, sounds like they are handing out a thrashing.

B

Baron Greenback

On paper, they seem to have about the best first XI (Belgium), Wilmots is a rotten coach though.

Cadfael

^ Agreed. They will be out coached by the time of the Semi's.

I am seeing a Germany, Spain, Italy, and probably Belgium rather than France as a final four.

B

Baron Greenback

Ah no, allez les Bleus :)
They'e got some lovely players and it would be good for the country after the atrocities to have a good showing.

B

Baron Greenback

England are mostly poo, but I do have a bit of a man crush on Eric Dier - what a player he could be, reminds me a little of Lothar Mattaus, who knows, one day he might be as good as der Kaiser :)

B

Baron Greenback

Don't be sorry Cadfael - it was fucking hilarious for the rest of us, although nowhere near as funny as that shower of shite from Salford :)
Anyway, it could be worse, I follow Peterborough United.

Cadfael

The only nice thing to the season was watching Tottie having to come to the bridge to keep their chances alive.

There was no Effin way it was going to happen.

Now Man U has Mourinho, so everything is solved!

Dog Star

Veteran
Croatia-Spain 2:1 is what i predicted.. i know it.. ;)

we go further to become true champions,whooohooo... what a night... LOL

B

Baron Greenback

Really good game that one - first time I've seen De Gea be less than brilliant (please leave the red shite, go to Real Madrid).
Fine midfield for Croatia, Modric and Rakitic are lovely players.

Dog Star

Veteran
Need to add i am a last guy in Croatia that cherish football game..

yesterday in a time of play i was go to run and train,8 km of run and 300 push ups,150 squats and it was so cool and quiet as streets was empty cause normal people watch footbal game and national team...

anyway i knowed a result no matter that i didnt watch television,football fans are loud and celebrating every shot with firecrackers so its was easy to guess..

came home when game was finished but was happy cause of win
and other folks that passionate love football,

it was a very positive energy flow in the end of a day...
alltogether with a training session.

B

Baron Greenback

Good sporting results help to bring a country closer together whatever the sport. This has been a good tournament so far, just hope that the fucking mentalists don't try to kill people during it.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I've been watching parts of the games at work.

Spain loosing to Croatia was a surprise, Croatia are fast and very well prepared physically it seems, and they are hungry to win. I like them.

Spain has the best coach on the tournament though, no one comes even a little bit close to Del Bosque; but some choices like Ramos still playing? really? the guy is easily replaceable with better Spanish players...

Also watching Copa America... Argentina 4, USA 0, last night semifinal game. Keep calling it "soccer" LOL!